/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chatting: Footsteps Of the Shaytan

sistajannah
05-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Chatting: Foot Steps Of the Shytan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chatting: Foot Steps Of the Shytan

With the growing use of the Internet, we can see that there are many beneficial uses for it, but there is always the other side of the coin! I think that the most two negative uses of the Internet that act as a drawback, are the sex sites that are present and the chatting with non-mehrem that can take place.

May be we as sisters we don't find the sex sites interesting as for men, and if I am talking about us who inshAllah are trying to be good Muslim women we don't find those sites interesting at all!

But we are left with the second negative use that many of us can get involved with and this is chatting with non-mehrem. Some may say that there is no clear cut proof that shows that chatting with non mehrem is something haram. Yes, may be there is no clear-cut proof and this simply because chatting itself is something that was only introduced lately. It was not there at the prophet's time or in old days thus we should think logically and think about the scholars' point of view regarding this issue, which of course will be according to the Quran and Sunnah.

What may lead a girl to chat with a non Mahram may be summed up in two main reasons. The first possible reason is that she is has to talk to him to finish certain work. This is mainly is seen among those who work on line most of the time. For those sisters I would like to say that there are some limitations for your chatting. For example:

A) Try to be straight and direct to the point.

B) Don't get into discussions involving personal issue.

C) Call the non-mehrem "brother" so this prevents the shytan from coming in between.

D) Try not to use smiles or any thing like this since this may cause the person you're chatting with, to think about you in a wrong way.

We then come to those who chat because they want to waist their time or for entertainment purpose. Well I would like to say to those sisters that any thing that may lead to something haram is considered haram. How many stories for chatting we heard about before that had lead those girls to end up in doing something unlawful like seeing each other or talking on the phone? Or even destroying the houses of married couples? With out a doubt the shytan had used the chatting as a step or a way to destroy the life of the girl by performing sinful acts, and Allah (SWT) says in the Quran:

{O you who believe! Follow not the footsteps of Shaytaan.? [al-Noor 24:21

The shytan will not come to the girl from the first time she chats with a certain guy and tell her "go out with this Guy!" he is not stupid he knows very well that if he told you this from the first time you will immediately refuse. However he will definitely let you to reach to such step or even worse by time. For example, it may start with chatting then phone calls, and finally hanging out . Thus chatting could be the first step. Also we should be aware that one of the ways that the shytan use to make us fall in what is haram without realizing, is renaming terms. For example you may be engaged with chatting with a guy on the net and the shytan will convince you that this is not a boy/girl friendship he will convince you that such a relation is when you go out with him or you talk with him on the phone!? It was the same way he used it with Adam where he told him "shall I not tell you about a tree that if you eat it from it you will live for ever. This tree he called it "shagrat el khold." In fact there was nothing called shagarat el khold? he just changed the name of the tree and made it up to make Adam eat from it.

Some sisters may claim that they can control them selves and that no way they will leave themselves to reach to a hopeless case, for those I say that the son of Adam is very weak, more than we can ever imagine, and if we are able to control some how our self than this is from Allah's mercy, and not because we are smart or because our ability to control things. In fact Allah can take from us this capability and leave us with our weak soul and our shytan. So lets ask Allah to strength our iman.

We have to look at this topic in a very serious way because some sisters may start to be addicted to chatting with a special guy with out really knowing where this may lead her. For those girls I say, please take care of your self and put into your consideration that chatting could be also worse from phoning a guy this is because chatting prevents you from seeing the other partner while talking to him (hence you are not shy to talk to him) and no one also is watching you or can hear you thus this may encourage you to get more involved and to get closer.

Now lets try to find solutions for those girls who have different situations:

1. If you know that he is not the right husband then stop immediately chatting. You are just wasting your time, and this time you will be asked about it on the Day of Judgment.

2. If you think he can be the right person and you are chatting with him to know more about him and to know whether he is really the right person or not. For this sister I say, no my sister there are several ways where you can know him better but in a halal way. You can inform your brother or your mother and explain to them that this person is interested in marrying you but you need first time to know each other. In this way you will be able to meet him while a mehrem be with you.

3. Another sister may say that she knows the person she is chatting with is the right person but he can?t propose now so we are chatting to keep on touch with each other. For this sister I say, that this is not right from the Islamic point of view. Freeze everything until he is able to propose to you and make istkhara and have Tawkol "depend on Allah" and Allah says :

And whosoever keepeth his duty to Allah, Allah will appoint a way out for him, And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.}065.002 -3

For all those sisters who are going through this I advice them to fear Allah and be honest with your self. Do you really want continue your life chatting with some one who you don't know if he will really come and propose to you? Or do you want continue your life imagining your dream man from someone your chatting with and you never saw!

Fear Allah, and remember who ever leave something for Allah's sake Allah reward him with what is better.

Do we really need to hear romantic words? Or do we want to get married and enter from the door that will be opened to us when we marry? Do we really want to waist our time in something that is useless and Allah will ask us about every second we live? Or we want to get married to raise mujahdeen? What we will say if the angel come to take our souls while we are doing something haram? Will you tell him please wait??

Ask Allah for forgiveness, and stop chatting with any non-mehrem. It may sound hard at first but it only requires patience, and fighting one self. And remember Allah words

{And those who strive in Our (cause), - We will certainly guide them to our Paths: For verily Allah is with those who do right.} 029.069

{And for such as had entertained the fear of standing before their Lord's (tribunal) and had restrained (their) soul from lower desires, Their abode will be the Garden.} 079.040 -41

Think twice we are living here to worship Allah. We are slaves and slaves do not have the right to do what ever they want.

Check what other Sheikhs says about Chatting:

Shaikh M. S Al-Munajjid

Shaikh M. S Al-Munajjid

IslamOnline.net

IslamOnline.net

IslamOnline.net

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
makaveli
05-30-2005, 09:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sistajannah
We are slaves and slaves do not have the right to do what ever they want.
n00000! :(

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2005, 09:12 PM
:sl:

I think it is a honor to be one of the rightly guieded slaves of Allah, we just arent slaves of anybody, we are slaves of the Creator of everything and we should thank him that we are rightly guided in Islam. May He grant us all Jannah Inshallah :)

aamirsaab
05-30-2005, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ahmed687

I think it is a honor to be one of the rightly guieded slaves of Allah, we just arent slaves of anybody, we are slaves of the Creator of everything and we should thank him that we are rightly guided in Islam. May He grant us all Jannah Inshallah :)
RESPECT bro!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-30-2005, 10:16 PM

Jazakallah Khair brother:D

thc
05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
many sisters and brothers chat freely while claiming to observe purdah (hijaab). This is common in uk.

Far7an
06-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Something similar to this was posted

http://www.islamicboard.com/showthread.php?t=1520

Khayal
06-01-2005, 05:48 PM

Very nice thread.............. :applaud:

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.