/* */

PDA

View Full Version : family feuds

evangel
07-29-2006, 03:15 AM
Enter a quick yes if you have ever been involved in or have been a witness to hard and difficult family issues. A bitter disagreement kind of thing.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
07-29-2006, 03:25 AM
yes

evangel
07-29-2006, 03:34 AM
Let me clarify here, I'm not needing help, I just want to know how many of you have dealt with a difficult situation such as this.

Malaikah
07-29-2006, 03:36 AM
odd question :? why dont you just add a poll?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
evangel
07-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Thanks, I'm New to these forums and didn't realize that was an option

Abdul Fattah
07-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Maybe moderators could add one. (a poll that is)
Cuold you be more precise in your questioning? I mean every family has some issues right, what one person might consider "bitter and hard" could be considered casual to someone else.

evangel
07-29-2006, 01:15 PM
The kind of falling out where no one is speaking to one another, no forgiveness

Abdul Fattah
07-29-2006, 02:11 PM
ok
And what is you purpose for inquiring about this, if you don't mind me asking?
I answered yes btw

afriend
07-29-2006, 08:02 PM
yes for sure.....It's a fact of life......:rollseyes......

But the key to it is to remain calm (something I can never do) and to make sure that you do not insult a person or be disrespectful to anybody who is older than you.....:cry: I can never do these things, so I'm saying that you should keep these 2 points in mind and you will surely be successful during the arguement.....Also, do not raise your voice.

firdaw
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
yes

mujahedeen2087
07-29-2006, 08:06 PM
i would be supprised to find sme one that never has

Helena
07-29-2006, 08:10 PM
yeah...been in dat situation few times.....like bro iqram sed to remain calm, and speak calmly and quietly to each other to remove the barrier...if not approached..problems arises....and simply hate each other.....just a test and to learn from da mistake that has been done....never take this appraoch again..remain silent.....

Fishman
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM
:sl:
Do'h! I voted yes by mistake! can somebody change it back? Please?
:w:

mano_the_cat
07-29-2006, 09:19 PM
yes yes .... i have many many times ... but its hard to be quite if other people are making false aligations against you!

Fishman
07-29-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mano_the_cat
yes yes .... i have many many times ... but its hard to be quite if other people are making false aligations against you!

:salamext: Mano, I'm glad your back!
Unless you count the controversy about me reverting to Islam, I haven't been involved in a feud and don't want to.

mano_the_cat
07-29-2006, 09:31 PM
oh wow.... you are glad at me being back:statisfie
by the way i wasnt gone at all :giggling:
i didnt hear any controversy like that about you ... but my dinner can be a very big controversy :D

Fishman
07-29-2006, 09:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mano_the_cat
oh wow.... you are glad at me being back:statisfie
by the way i wasnt gone at all :giggling:
i didnt hear any controversy like that about you ... but my dinner can be a very big controversy :D
You probably didn't hear it because it happened at home, which is thousands of miles away from yours, if I'm correct.

Don't worry, it's passed now, and I will be a Muslim very soon, Insha'Allah!

mano_the_cat
07-29-2006, 09:40 PM
thats very nice to hear ....
its good that you live far away or it would be life-threatening for a fish to be glad for a mano to be back :giggling:

Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
oh Mono welcome back nice to have you back missed ya but welcome

mano_the_cat
07-29-2006, 09:45 PM
thankyou ... you are one cute mano ... wana be friends? we can catch fishes together & have fish parties

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 09:46 PM
yess i hav.. n serious.. i been involved in it.. its nt nice i tel u dat.. :( but its al ova now.. alhamdulilah

bint_muhammed
07-29-2006, 10:32 PM
oh lord to many! its horrible, i havnt been in them myself but other members of the family have, affects you a lot!

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:00 AM
I just ignore the obtrusive family members or kill them with kindness.

snakelegs
07-30-2006, 05:27 AM
no, strangely enough. i guess it's because i hardly had any family lol - it helps.

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
no, strangely enough. i guess it's because i hardly had any family lol - it helps.

I have too many family members. Luckily, my mother in law passed away and that put an end to most of our family feuds.

lolwatever
07-30-2006, 05:43 AM
^^ now that's really harsh :offended:

big family not that bad of a thing if there's something common that everyone can agree on and get back to for resolving their matters.

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^^ now that's really harsh :offended:

big family not that bad of a thing if there's something common that everyone can agree on and get back to for resolving their matters.
Big families aren't bad. The numbers just increase the likelihood of family feuds. I think most of us agree that the family dynamics have improved with her passing.

I didn't hate her, she just caused feuds.

evangel
07-31-2006, 03:11 AM
If a dispute between family members goes for a couple of weeks or longer reconciliation get's harder and harder. Now think about the difficulties reconciling a rift in a family that has been a cause of contention for 4000 years.

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 03:15 AM
If a dispute between family members goes for a couple of weeks or longer reconciliation get's harder and harder. Now think about the difficulties reconciling a rift in a family that has been a cause of contention for 4000 years.
whattt?? how could a fued last so long... it must be pretty serious... r they disputing over whether some great ancestor was a saint or not?

Looking4Peace
07-31-2006, 03:16 AM
lol who hasnt had a family feud? some of my family members i simply ignore because they are sick, i mean sick, bad for the soul want to bring me and my mom down more then any of my sick friends from the past, i wont even go into the stuff they do, i would probably get banned for obscenity.

evangel
07-31-2006, 03:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
whattt?? how could a fued last so long... it must be pretty serious... r they disputing over whether some great ancestor was a saint or not?
The sons of Abraham fathered two great nations, from Isaac came the Hebrews and from Ishmail came the Arabs.

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 03:20 AM
lol who hasnt had a family feud?
me! alhamdulilah

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 03:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by evangel
The sons of Abraham fathered two great nations, from Isaac came the Hebrews and from Ishmail came the Arabs.
but we still love Isaac as much as we do Ishmail :D as well as the other prophets and good people who decended from Ishaac including ezra etc

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.