/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israel: PM's Daughter Protests Gaza Killings

snakelegs
07-29-2006, 12:34 PM
http://www.ynetnews.com/Ext/Comp/Art...261125,00.html

PM's daughter protests Gaza killings

Dana Olmert takes part in left-wing demonstration outside army chief's house; protesters call Halutz 'murderer,' declare 'intifada shall prevail.' Meanwhile, human rights groups send letter to PM, defense minister, calling on them to stop war crimes in territories
Avi Cohen

Some 200 left-wing activists marched outside the house of IDF Chief of Staff Dan Halutz at the Tzahala neighborhood in Tel Aviv Saturday evening, to protest the killing of civilians in Gaza on Friday.

Protesters march near Halutz's house (Photo: Niv Kalderon)

The demonstrators chanted slogans such as "Tzahala residents, there's a murderer in your neighborhood," and raised signs calling on the government to "put a stop to the murder of civilians" and stating, "Halutz is a killer, the intifada shall prevail." Activists also shouted, "neighbors, ask Halutz why he's killing children and how many."

Dana Olmert, the daughter of Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, also took part in the demonstration.

About 30 policemen arrived at the place to maintain order, but allowed the rally to proceed uninterrupted. Some of the neighborhood's residents, however, were less pleased with the disturbance and squirted water on the protesters from inside their houses.

Letter to Olmert: Stop war crimes

Five human rights organizations sent a letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and defense Minister Amir Peretz, calling on them to act immediately in order to put an end to the killing of Palestinian civilians in the territories, and to "uproot the elements that contribute to this killing."

According to the letter, while it is Israel's duty to take all necessary measures in order to protect its citizens, it is however unacceptable for a sovereign state to employ illegal methods, which in some occasions constitute war crimes.

The groups stressed in the letter that one of Israel's obligations, according to humanitarian international law, is to minimize the ramifications of military operation on the civilian population, and to secure the wellbeing and safety of the Palestinian civilians even during battle.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
nennar
07-29-2006, 01:24 PM
soooooo?

Zulkiflim
07-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Salaam,

Inshallah,may the future generation learn to understand adn live together.
For the old goveremnt in Israel who once suffred under the holocaust still rememebr the humiliation and torture...the feeling of weakness and subjugation.

They would now inflict that on another rahter than experience it themselves.

while the Jews stood back and be murdered by hitler the muslim are fighting back...
A difference but in the end,,OPPRESION NEVER WINS..

scentsofjannah
07-29-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nennar
soooooo?

to be quite honest with you sister..that was downright rude..
this is indeed too good to be true..i have read this article before and posted it in another forum too :)

Ehud Olmert is completely at odds with his own flesh and blood ie his daughter..She made a public demonstration that she cares about the oppressed palestinians, this reminds me of a very beautiful saying ;

You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. [Mohandas K. Gandhi].

God bless her ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cihad
07-29-2006, 08:08 PM
that is hilariously beautiful

searchingsoul
07-30-2006, 05:46 AM
Quite controversial. It reminds me of years ago when Ronald Reagans daughter posed nude in Playboy to embarrass him.

SirZubair
07-30-2006, 06:03 AM
soooooo?
For crying out loud,..Stop being such a pessimist.

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't" is that the motto you live by?

Subhan'allah.

nennar
07-30-2006, 10:07 AM
no actually!

i use to think that hezbollah was evil and feel so sad for the jews!!!!! because i said to my self..." its all teh stupid muslims.... they only love war and dont care about anything else.... i use to cry because i sad to my self atleast the jews want peace and the stupid people from my religion dont"...... you see now??????????????????????????

snakelegs
07-30-2006, 11:12 AM
from your previous post i can see that you are angry at yourself for having believed something that was untrue, and i understand that. i think it happens to all of us.
as far as your respsonse to the article that i posted "sooo?":
so what? does it change anything that the PM's daughter is protesting the war? - of course not.
will it stop people from suffering and dying? - of course not. (how i wish....)
does it accomplish anything whatsoever - nope, not at all (sadly).
i will tell you the reason i posted it.
when i discovered it, i was so happy to see something positive amid all the horrible news about the nightmare that is taking place in the world, that it was like seeing a tiny speck of beauty on a filthy canvas. and that, you can not take away from me.
that's why i posted it.
no other reason whatsoever.
can you understand that?

nennar
07-30-2006, 11:19 AM
it was nothing personal!!!! i you ahve everyright to see something beautyfull in this artical... and normaly i am very possitiv.... but these last few weeks, have taken it all away!......

its nothing personal

snakelegs
07-30-2006, 12:35 PM
it was nothing personal!!!! i you ahve everyright to see something beautyfull in this artical... and normaly i am very possitiv.... but these last few weeks, have taken it all away!......

its nothing personal
i didn't really think it was personal - i thought i was just answering the question "sooo" by explaining the reason i posted it.
i agree, it is getting more and more difficult to feel optimistic or positive. in fact, sometimes everything just seems so hopeless....

Zulkiflim
07-30-2006, 12:45 PM

its nothing personal
Salaam,

Sister,be not angry ,be comforted in the fact that in the end the retrun is in ALLAH.

Each man shallr eceive what they deserve,so leave your anger and weakness aside and live your life and be a living DAKWAH for all non muslim .

In the end we are all brother and siters of one mother and one father,we will uphold the ummah but not by being angry but by RELIANT ON ALLAH...

Inshallah.,,,,whether good or bad these are all decision we must make and we should think hard on the choices we make.
It is harder to be a muslim now but trully the test are for us to learn and to grow.

Inshallah,,Allah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.