/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Number of Jewish Women Embracing Islam to Double in 2006

al-fateh
07-29-2006, 03:51 PM
Number of Jewish Women Embracing Islam to Double in 2006
14:30 Jul 25, '06 / 29 Tammuz 5766

(IsraelNN.com) The number of Jewish women converting to Islam and marrying Muslim men is expected to double this year.

According to Israel's population registry, an average of 35 women have converted each year, but so far, in the first half of 2006, 42 women have converted.

The conversions are carried out at Islamic Sharia Courts. Unlike the lengthy study requirements and proceedings necessary to convert to Judaism in Israel, converting to Islam is a very short ordeal, entailing only declaring one's wishes to become a Muslim before the court.

According to Jewish law, the women remain Jews and their children will be Jewish as well.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
07-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Salaam,

Man may plan but Allah is the best of Planners..

Look even under oppresion the birth rate of Palestinian and Arab Isrealis are 4 X as compared to the jews and chrisitan arabs.

Inshallah Israel will remain but it will be a coutnry of muslim,for muslim by muslim,and then renamed Palestine.

Inshallah,Jews and chrisitan will be respected and their palces of worship taken care of and protected by muslim ...as it was in the past

Inshallah....

nennar
07-29-2006, 08:23 PM
that would be like a dream!

Abdul Fattah
07-30-2006, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Man may plan but Allah is the best of Planners..

Look even under oppresion the birth rate of Palestinian and Arab Isrealis are 4 X as compared to the jews and chrisitan arabs.

Inshallah Israel will remain but it will be a coutnry of muslim,for muslim by muslim,and then renamed Palestine.

Inshallah,Jews and chrisitan will be respected and their palces of worship taken care of and protected by muslim ...as it was in the past

Inshallah....
amin

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Yoosuf
07-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Wow Allahu Akbar! Indeed it is easy to become a Muslim.

ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
42 converts..... what a huge amount.... It probably will double from 30 something.

Zulkiflim
08-01-2006, 12:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
42 converts..... what a huge amount.... It probably will double from 30 something.

Salaam,

It not just 42 converts.

It is 42 female converts.

Mothers in Islam is the favoured of the parent,
For mother raise us with clarity of the religion and makes the faith strong wihtin us.
They teach what is right from wrong and they bring more MUSLIM into this world.

Inshallah, man may plan but Allah is the best of planners
Muslim have a higher birth rate as a whole and in Islam having children is a blessing as compared to western idea of it being a curse to their "enjoyable" lifestyle.

Alhamdulillah,trully as many media has reported,more and more converts are women.
blessed be the new converts for i liken them to the news muslim who convrted despite the arrogance and pain in the time of Jahiliyah.
Especially now whent he mental torture is abundant my main stream society.
Alhamdulilah
Takbir people...takbir..

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 02:47 AM
So the kids will be both jewish and muslim?

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 02:52 AM
Well i studied Judaism a bit and women seem to have the least rights in it, but its funny people see Muslim women as so oppressed. But this can explain why some convert.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 02:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Well i studied Judaism a bit and women seem to have the least rights in it, but its funny people see Muslim women as so oppressed. But this can explain why some convert.
Women of all religions can be oppressed. A lot of it depends on society, personal circumstances, and if the woman chooses to be oppressed.

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:00 AM
In judaism the womens body is considered very dirty, in christianity too but not as extreme, in fact i dont think hisidic jews ever look at their wifes u know what, they cringe over it, sad isnt it? While in Islam the man can do what he wants with her and shes not considered dirty he just cant do anything with her area when menstruating, big difference then a general statement that females are dirty heathens.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:03 AM
In judaism the womens body is considered very dirty, in christianity too but not as extreme, in fact i dont think hisidic jews ever look at their wifes u know what, they cringe over it, sad isnt it? While in Islam the man can do what he wants with her and shes not considered dirty he just cant do anything with her area when menstruating, big difference then a general statement that females are dirty heathens.
I've seen that view in movies about the hasidic jewish women. I wasn't sure if it was accurate or not. I'm unaware that Christianity viewed women as dirty. Do you have any examples?

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:05 AM
let me get this page brb

snakelegs
08-03-2006, 03:07 AM
women are not dirty in judaism - and neither is sex, as it is in christianity.
men are considered totally weak and helpless (as in islam) and so among the orthodox, the women cover because the men simply can't handle the sight of a woman.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:10 AM
What do you guys mean? Christians like sex. Look at Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, all those priests and their scandals.:D :D

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:10 AM
Furthermore, the husband of a menstruous woman was forbidden to enter the synagogue if he had been made unclean by her even by the dust under her feet. A priest whose wife, daughter, or mother was menstruating could not recite priestly blessing in the synagogue. 10 No wonder many Jewish women still refer to menstruation as "the curse." 11 (jewish)

Islam does not consider a menstruating woman to possess any kind of "contagious uncleanness". She is neither "untouchable" nor "cursed." She practises her normal life with only one restriction: A married couple are not allowed to have sexual intercourse during the period of menstruation. Any other physical contact between them is permissible. A menstruating woman is exempted from some rituals such as daily prayers and fasting during her period.
(muslims)

"When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening" (Lev. 15:19-23). (bible, christian)

"To the woman He gave nine curses and death: the burden of the blood of menstruation and the blood of virginity; the burden of pregnancy; the burden of childbirth; the burden of bringing up the children; her head is covered as one in mourning; she pierces her ear like a permanent slave or slave girl who serves her master; she is not to be believed as a witness; and after everything--death." 2 (jewish)

heres the link, theres too much more to copy and paste, im not a copy and paste addict like others lol

http://www.islamworld.net/compwomen.html

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:11 AM
edit this was extreme of me :hiding:

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:18 AM
but unclean by the dust of her feet was enough

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:21 AM

"When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening. Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. Whoever touches her bed must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whoever touches anything she sits on must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be unclean till evening. Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, he will be unclean till evening" (Lev. 15:19-23). (bible, christian)

heres the link, theres too much more to copy and paste, im not a copy and paste addict like others lol

http://www.islamworld.net/compwomen.html
Thanks for the link. The christian example seems invalid since it was in the old testament (prior to christ). I'll look at the link in more detail. I've honestly never heard a christian express that sexuality was dirty, or women filthy. I'm sure a few of them exist out there....

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 03:22 AM
yea sorry for that confusion it really all relates to Judaism more then Christianity. And i had to delete that last post the mods would of went nutso.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:24 AM
yea sorry for that confusion it really all relates to Judaism more then Christianity. And i had to delete that last post the mods would of went nutso.
Yes, I thought it was probably accurate, from what I've heard.

snakelegs
08-03-2006, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
women are not dirty in judaism - and neither is sex, as it is in christianity.
men are considered totally weak and helpless (as in islam) and so among the orthodox, the women cover because the men simply can't handle the sight of a woman.
this statement (about christians) reflects what i've always heard - that esp. paul felt that way. the body as dirty etc.
it may reflect my ignorance more than christianity. if so, i hope no one took offense. i admit, i don't know a whole lot about christianity (from my own research).
maybe a knowledgeable christian will know whether this is inaccurate.

sameer
08-03-2006, 07:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Thanks for the link. The christian example seems invalid since it was in the old testament (prior to christ). I'll look at the link in more detail. I've honestly never heard a christian express that sexuality was dirty, or women filthy. I'm sure a few of them exist out there....
y cant christian priests marry?

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
y cant christian priests marry?
orthodox priests can marry...roman catholic can't marry because the vatican ruled against it. it was mostly to do with preventing offspring of the priests from inheriting property. greed

Tania
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
orthodox priests can marry...roman catholic can't marry because the vatican ruled against it. it was mostly to do with preventing offspring of the priests from inheriting property. greed

roman catholic can't marry because:
"All the ordained ministers of the Latin Church, with the exception of permanent deacons, are normally chosen from among men of faith who live a celibate life and who intend to remain celibate "for the sake of the kingdom of heaven."70 Called to consecrate themselves with undivided heart to the Lord and to "the affairs of the Lord,"71 they give themselves entirely to God and to men. Celibacy is a sign of this new life to the service of which the Church's minister is consecrated; accepted with a joyous heart celibacy radiantly proclaims the Reign of God.72 "
Source

Zulkiflim
08-03-2006, 08:50 PM
So the kids will be both jewish and muslim?

Salaam,

Jew is a race not a religon.

Judasim is the religon of the natural jews.

But Islam is the reliogn for all of mankind.

search google for jews for allah

snakelegs
08-03-2006, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Jew is a race not a religon.

Judasim is the religon of the natural jews.

But Islam is the reliogn for all of mankind.

search google for jews for allah
"jew" is not a race. actually, "the jewish people" is concept similar to the "ummah" - jews come in all sizes and colours.

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 07:35 AM
Go to http://www.worldchristiandatabase.org - 1% of Israeli Jews (Sabra) are Muslims!!!

Hijrah
08-05-2006, 07:31 PM
What do you guys mean? Christians like sex. Look at Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Bakker, all those priests and their scandals.:D :D
Well, YOU said it!:D :D

Tania
08-05-2006, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Well, YOU said it!:D :D
Don't be agree with that please. It happens everywhere. The parents want him to be a doctor or a priest; the obedient son accepts for their pleasure and from here upto disaster its not so big step.But the not proper behaviour of some priests should not be generalized to the whole curch.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mara
Don't be agree with that please. It happens everywhere. The parents want him to be a doctor or a priest; the obedient son accepts for their pleasure and from here upto disaster its not so big step.But the not proper behaviour of some priests should not be generalized to the whole curch.
I was joking. You speak the truth Mara. Still, I think Christians like sexuality. I've never understood muslim claims that they (christians) did not.

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Yaser Arafat was one of them btw

his wife was jewish

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 08:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
Yaser Arafat was one of them btw

his wife was jewish
I did not know this.

north_malaysian
08-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Suha Arafat is a Christian Palestinian Arab!!! She used to join anti-Israeli demonstrations before marrying Yaser Arafat. How can she be a Jew?:rollseyes

T@z@belle
01-11-2007, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
hmm....remind me what agnostic means plz i seem to have 4gotten since the last TWO ones moved from my neighbourhood.:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.