/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any Horse People?

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 08:12 PM
Are anyone of you horse people meaning riders Western of English, owners, breeders, etc.?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 08:18 PM
nope but i am with cats :wub:

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Anyone?

Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 09:54 PM
where abouts do you live sis? are you looking after Horses?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mlsh27
07-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I just wanted to talkto people about horses lol.

Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 10:06 PM
oh you can talk to me about horses anytime :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 10:09 PM
ur a realli animal person init sis jodi?

Kittygyal
07-29-2006, 10:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
ur a realli animal person init sis jodi?
Ahlan! always and everytime you wana talk about animals am here free will to:wub:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 10:13 PM
not 2 keen on animals.. but tigerz.. omg i luv deeeeeemmmm! i want 1 :)

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal
oh you can talk to me about horses anytime :)
Have you ever had a horse?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
i want a pony!

MahmoodShariff
07-29-2006, 10:35 PM
AsWrWb

I never had a horse but would love to have one,

read a lot of hadis concerning horses.

qoute not word to word "prophet(pbuh) said : goodness will be on the forehead of horses till the day of judgement.."

mlsh27- u have a horse!

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 11:13 PM
Yeah..my aunt has a huge ranch in TX, so I have kind of adopted one of hers and have fallen in love with another...so now there is competition between the two lol!

*Umm_Umar*
07-29-2006, 11:15 PM
:sl:

Well i've never had a horse before lol... But I have relatives in Surrey Richmond where i visit alot.. and at Richmond park they have all sorts of activities and one of them is horse riding so i have been horseback riding before.
And subhanallah it is harder then it looks... It's like driving a car.

MahmoodShariff
07-29-2006, 11:21 PM
nice..

I know a sis who can ride without the saddle...i was told thats tougher and many man cant do it....can u

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Yeah I can ride bareback, but it's not comfortable at all, especially when the horse trots or lopes.

*Umm_Umar*
07-29-2006, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MahmoodShariff
nice..

I know a sis who can ride without the saddle...i was told thats tougher and many man cant do it....can u
:sl:

No way,
Horses are evil lol.
When i 1st got on a horse, i didn't mount the horse properly, i was quite nervous and i accidently jerked his mouth and he went off on one, i thought i was going to die :rollseyes lol.

mlsh27
07-29-2006, 11:39 PM
One of my aunt's horse ran off with my sister because she was screaming...and that horse was a trained barrel horse, so the louder someone is, the faster she is supposed to go lol!

*Umm_Umar*
07-30-2006, 01:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
One of my aunt's horse ran off with my sister because she was screaming...and that horse was a trained barrel horse, so the louder someone is, the faster she is supposed to go lol!
;D , was she ok? lol

mlsh27
07-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Yeah, the horse just ran into the barn and stopped.

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
not 2 keen on animals.. but tigerz.. omg i luv deeeeeemmmm! i want 1 :)
oh they are nice but cats all the way :)

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 10:45 AM
yep i had 2 in USA (back home)

Muezzin
07-30-2006, 11:31 AM
Horse people aren't allowed on this forum.

Centaurs should go back to Narnia.

:p

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 11:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Horse people aren't allowed on this forum.

Centaurs should go back to Narnia.

:p
;D ;D ;D

nonono only "cats" i repeat only only "cats" people are allowed on forum :p

*Umm_Umar*
07-30-2006, 01:25 PM
yep i had 2 in USA (back home)

Mashallah sis, what type of horses did you have?
And your American, you don't sound it.

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ally~
Mashallah sis, what type of horses did you have?
And your American, you don't sound it.

well in the barn me and my cousin used to love animals so we had chickens,cats,dogs,ducks and we had birds :wub: i had a pony which was mine until me nephew wanted it so i give it to him! cause i got the cats :wub: and my cousin had a Dole Gudbrandsday horse which is a heavy horse and that was a brown horse.
yes i am an American humm don't sound like it you haven't heard me voice so how you suppose to know :rollseyes

*Umm_Umar*
07-30-2006, 02:02 PM
well in the barn me and my cousin used to love animals so we had chickens,cats,dogs,ducks and we had birds :wub: i had a pony which was mine until me nephew wanted it so i give it to him! cause i got the cats :wub: and my cousin had a Dole Gudbrandsday horse which is a heavy horse and that was a brown horse.
yes i am an American humm don't sound like it you haven't heard me voice so how you suppose to know :rollseyes
lol, sorry it's because you use alot of english slang.

W/s

amirah_87
07-30-2006, 02:37 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

Oh i like horses...would luv to get one too, but there's no room for it....maybe when i move from this place inshaAllah i'll get one...and a wolf too :D...and a tiger!! :peace:

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ally~
lol, sorry it's because you use alot of english slang.

W/s
humm well me moved to Bristol 3years ago and i am originally from USA (Chicago)
anyway back on topic, so where the hors gyal whom wants to talk about horses :rollseyes

mlsh27
07-30-2006, 08:23 PM
LOL, I am just waiting for people to talk more about horses.

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 08:27 PM
LOL, I am just waiting for people to talk more about horses.

so waht percisly do you want to know like ask questions and then people may come to this thread :rollseyes

mlsh27
07-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I just want to talk to other riders, breeders, or owners-others who know quite a bit about horses. I don't really ahve any sepcific questions in mind.

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 08:31 PM
I just want to talk to other riders, breeders, or owners-others who know quite a bit about horses. I don't really ahve any sepcific questions in mind.
ah well i must go out of this thread as yonks i was a rider but now like i said am into CATS

afriend
07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I love horses......For one reason:

1. By the (Steeds) that run, with panting (breath),

2. And strike sparks of fire,

3. And push home the charge in the morning,

4. And raise the dust in clouds the while,

Those 4 ayahs send chills down my back :'(

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 07:37 AM
I had a quarter horse when I was a child. I didn't like to ride him that much. They're pretty animals but I don't have much of an interest.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:06 AM
My horse is a Quarter horse too. Was yours registered with AQHA?

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:11 AM
My horse is a Quarter horse too. Was yours registered with AQHA?
I would bet that he wasn't but I'm unsure. He was shown in 4-H, if you have that in Arizonia. Maybe you have to have papers for that. I don't know.

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
Nope, i usually eat chicken or beef.

If i was a Tongan i would eat Horses,... +o(

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
Nope, i usually eat chicken or beef.

If i was a Tongan i would eat Horses,... +o(
Brother, I will ignore such immature comments.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
I would bet that he wasn't but I'm unsure. He was shown in 4-H, if you have that in Arizonia. Maybe you have to have papers for that. I don't know.
We have 4-H here, but I am unsure if they have to be registered in their breed associations-I doubt it though. Did you do 4-H?

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
Brother, I will ignore such immature comments.
...obviously you were unable to ignore that one :brother:

Btw, Tongans actually eat horses. :rollseyes

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:31 AM
We have 4-H here, but I am unsure if they have to be registered in their breed associations-I doubt it though. Did you do 4-H?
Yes, but not with the horse. My uncle showed the horse in 4-H.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Zubair,before I get angry with you, I didn't say Tongans do not eat horse. Now please leave this thread, unless you have something to say pertaining to the topic at hand instead of childish remarks.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:34 AM
Yes, but not with the horse. My uncle showed the horse in 4-H.
What did he show him in?

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:35 AM
What did he show him in?
I don't know. I was probably a baby when he was showed. I inherited the horse because he was old and all grandma's kids grew up and moved away from home.

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:35 AM
Peace IS possible...ask me how!
Me : How?

You : Leave my thread !

Byebye ms.bossypants. :rollseyes

p.s go to dictionary.com and do a search on these words :

Laugh

humor

joke

and then go to google.com and do a search on "How to build a bridge and get over it"

p.p.s I promise laughing or smiling won't cause you any injury,.. IF it does, let me know, and i will pay the Doc's fees.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
I don't know. I was probably a baby when he was showed. I inherited the horse because he was old and all grandma's kids grew up and moved away from home.
Was he at least a good horse? Also when you rode, did you ride English or Western?

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Was he at least a good horse? Also when you rode, did you ride English or Western?
He was a good horse. I would imagine that I rode him western style when he was wearing his saddle. I mostly remember riding him bareback as my father lead him. This is why I didn't like to ride him. I didn't like the sweatiness.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:41 AM
He was a good horse. I would imagine that I rode him western style when he was wearing his saddle. I mostly remember riding him bareback as my father lead him. This is why I didn't like to ride him. I didn't like the sweatiness.
LOL! Yeah, that's the advantage of a saddle, except when you live in 100 degree heat like I do.

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:42 AM
What is the difference between Western and English riding?

* being serious now, so think twice before you jump down my throat *

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 08:46 AM
Zubair,before I get angry with you, I didn't say Tongans do not eat horse. Now please leave this thread, unless you have something to say pertaining to the topic at hand instead of childish remarks.
ass salaamu alaykum,

Ukthi, calm down inshaAllah make isti3aadah from the shaytaan, that ain't really anything to get angry about....:heated:

Wallaahul Musta3aan!!

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:46 AM
What is the difference between Western and English riding?

* being serious now, so think twice before you jump down my throat *
English riders have a different saddle and style of clothing. Also, English riding is associated with jumping, polo, and dressage. Western riders have bigger saddles, comfortable clothing, and is assocaited with barrel racing, cutting, reining, roping, etc.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum,

Ukthi, calm down inshaAllah make isti3aadah from the shaytaan, that ain't really anything to get angry about....:heated:

Wallaahul Musta3aan!!
Sorry, but I do not take immature comments lightly. Anyways, back to horses...

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:51 AM
English riders have a different saddle and style of clothing. Also, English riding is associated with jumping, polo, and dressage. Western riders have bigger saddles, comfortable clothing, and is assocaited with barrel racing, cutting, reining, roping, etc.
Interesting. :brother: Very interesting.

Sorry, but I do not take immature comments lightly. Anyways, back to horses...
Maybe you should Learn to take 'immature comments' lightly. Who knows, Maybe you might crack a smile once a month.

Thats a BIG MAYBE.

...yeah, back to horses..

..which colour do you like ? Brown or white?

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:54 AM
My favorite coloring is dapple grey. Also, smiling causes more wrinkles than frowning...

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:56 AM
My favorite coloring is dapple grey. Also, smiling causes more wrinkles than frowning...

^ like that?

... it is sunnah to smile, 'so lets pollow the sunnah ziztar' :D

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:56 AM
I do remember going to the Outer Banks in North Carolina, many years ago. They had wild mustangs. It was very nice. I think it may have been designated as a state park.

http://www.obxponyclub.com/

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM

^ like that?

... it is sunnah to smile, 'so lets pollow the sunnah ziztar' :D
Yep, like that. But I am also suposed to look good for the husband...so no wrinkles for me from smiling inshaAllah

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 08:58 AM
Yep, like that. But I am also suposed to look good for the husband...so no wrinkles for me from smiling inshaAllah
I've gotta say, that is a cute horse...

..as for you smiling, it was worth a shot.

Kheir, carry on ... :thankyou:

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 08:59 AM
That's considerate of you. Of course there's always botox.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 09:00 AM
And I like this:

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 09:02 AM
That's considerate of you. Of course there's always botox.
Yeah, I don't want to spend the money on that, or like the idea of injecting my body with toxins.

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 09:03 AM
And I like this:

ass salaamu alaykum,

Wow!!...MashaAllah...:ooh:

is that a pic of your horse Sis mlsh27 ?? :)

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Yeah, that's my brat.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Beautiful horse. It looks like you groom her well.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
When I get the chance...LOL..she is in TX at my aunt's ranch, so I get to see her maybe once a year.

amirah_87
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that's my brat.
ass salaamu alaykum,

MashaAllah TabarakAllah, lucky you Sis!! :peace:

Ameeratul Layl
08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Salam,

I rode a horse in saudi. I was told to hit it to get it to go faster. No chance. I have wanted a horse for so long. I see children riding on their horses as they go past my house. They look so calm.subhanAllah.

Wasalam.

Curaezipirid
08-06-2006, 05:53 AM
oh no, I came into this thread out of curiousity because in Aboriginal Australian culture "are you a horse person" means have you ever been a horse and are you likely to be one in future.

I have not been a horse yet, but the genetics of are being switched on in my mental processing when ever I get greedy after having been with a Man (WHO SAID HE WOULD MARRY ME THEN MARRIED TWO OTHER WOMEN ALREADY) who was once a horse. I don't mind taking horse. I have been listening to Indigenous American horse stories. Horses notable characteristic is BETRAYAL. (that man better stop accusing me of not taking him black! especially while he is with women who are not true believers)

now i am adding an edit:

I know a woman who had a horse that got angry with her and trod on her pet cockateil (that is a kind of mini parrot who lived on her shoulder)

hmph, HORSES! I don't know!

searchingsoul
08-06-2006, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ridicurezipa
oh no, I came into this thread out of curiousity because in Aboriginal Australian culture "are you a horse person" means have you ever been a horse and are you likely to be one in future.

I have not been a horse yet, but the genetics of are being switched on in my mental processing when ever I get greedy after having been with a Man (WHO SAID HE WOULD MARRY ME THEN MARRIED TWO OTHER WOMEN ALREADY) who was once a horse. I don't mind taking horse. I have been listening to Indigenous American horse stories. Horses notable characteristic is BETRAYAL. (that man better stop accusing me of not taking him black! especially while he is with women who are not true believers)

now i am adding an edit:

I know a woman who had a horse that got angry with her and trod on her pet cockateil (that is a kind of mini parrot who lived on her shoulder)

hmph, HORSES! I don't know!
Wow! I never knew horses represented betrayal. Thanks for the info!

Curaezipirid
08-08-2006, 08:39 AM
you are very welcome

it is always beneficial to know the behaviours of animals, those behaviours that animals can not prevent,

A horse tends to move itself towards any frightening sense, away from pain, but into the shock of

Curaezipirid
08-16-2006, 01:41 AM
Upon Monday 14th August I was at the Brisbane show, (the Ekka, short for exhibition) that is a agricultural showcase. There were lots and lots of horses that were being shown for the skill of riders and trainers, and breed in horses. Lots and lots of different breeds, and I was observant that those horses that are most obedient are those with a more curved neck by stronger muscle development in the upper part of the neck. While the draught horses and also those horses used by the stockmen, are more like a racing horse with different style muslcular development. It is interesting that the most obedient horses for dressage etc, are not the most usefully breed for farmers to work with cattle from the backs of.

_salam_
08-16-2006, 10:07 AM
Upon Monday 14th August I was at the Brisbane show, (the Ekka, short for exhibition) that is a agricultural showcase. There were lots and lots of horses that were being shown for the skill of riders and trainers, and breed in horses. Lots and lots of different breeds, and I was observant that those horses that are most obedient are those with a more curved neck by stronger muscle development in the upper part of the neck. While the draught horses and also those horses used by the stockmen, are more like a racing horse with different style muslcular development. It is interesting that the most obedient horses for dressage etc, are not the most usefully breed for farmers to work with cattle from the backs of.
LOL!! Muscle mass has nothing to do with obedience!

Curaezipirid
08-16-2006, 10:53 AM
Now this is interesting me. What is it that other persons know about horses. It must of course be that even though certain horses are breed to be obedient to dressage training, that other breeds are more readily obedient to other tasks. But added to that we can only assume that every horse is at all times more enabled in obedience from being well cared for with kindness by a strick trainer. What is your regard for what causes obedience in a horse? I knew a dog breeder who recommended that if a puppy will lie upon its back in the palm of your hand, it will let itself be more readily trained. Are there similar signs in the disposition of horses?

mlsh27
08-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Now this is interesting me. What is it that other persons know about horses. It must of course be that even though certain horses are breed to be obedient to dressage training, that other breeds are more readily obedient to other tasks. But added to that we can only assume that every horse is at all times more enabled in obedience from being well cared for with kindness by a strick trainer. What is your regard for what causes obedience in a horse? I knew a dog breeder who recommended that if a puppy will lie upon its back in the palm of your hand, it will let itself be more readily trained. Are there similar signs in the disposition of horses?
Disposition can first be seen practically from birth. For example, my aunt and I knew my horse was going to be good from an early age. She was the only foal out of 6 who would come up to people during feeding time and was fine being away from her mother. What you described about puppies is called submissive behavior. For most animals, obedience comes once dominance by the human is established. Some animals are naturally submissive to humans, but very few are. Also, breeding plays a large part. My aunt breeds certain mares for their disposition as well as looks. For example, a horse my aunt used to own named Sherman had the best dispostion of any horse either of us have ever come in contact with- you could hold one hair on her main and she would follow and listen, and she would never hurt a fly. The one time my aunt bred Sherman, her filly had the exact same disposition as her mother.

Curaezipirid
08-16-2006, 11:49 AM
That is very impressive about the one hair. I guess it shows how sensitive all animals must truly be. When my oldest son was a baby a mare down the street from where we lived then, had just passed her foal when we drove by coming home from town. Her owner was so excited she was desperate to show her mare and its foal off, so she invited us into the paddock even though we were newcomers to the area. She explained that it is rare for a mare to pass her foal in the daylight, so she had not been expecting the delivery at that time. We watched her eat the after birth and encourage the foal to get up onto its legs for the first time. After about twenty minutes we left having witnessed the foal's first canter. It was truly a miraculous thing to see.

searchingsoul
08-19-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by _salam_
LOL!! Muscle mass has nothing to do with obedience!
My husband is loosing his muscle tone but still very obedient.

Curaezipirid
08-20-2006, 01:15 AM
I saw a couple of camels at the local horse show this week, and could not help but get the feeling from them that camels are more accepting of their condition as animal, than is a horse. I got caused to want to be a camel person instead of a horse person. But I will need to endure the horses, since there are so many of present. Horses seem to have a state of being in which they so want to be dis-obedient, but are being breed for the instincts of obedience and so are obedient without wanting to be. All of dressage looks like an enormous display of that. The horses are so tense, but enjoying their obedience at the same time, as though they are enjoying despising their rider. But the stock horses seem a little different, but perhaps only because they need less direction from their riders.

what do horse people reckon, since I am my self, in truth rather a Kangaroo sort of person?

mlsh27
08-20-2006, 10:31 PM
I saw a couple of camels at the local horse show this week, and could not help but get the feeling from them that camels are more accepting of their condition as animal, than is a horse. I got caused to want to be a camel person instead of a horse person. But I will need to endure the horses, since there are so many of present. Horses seem to have a state of being in which they so want to be dis-obedient, but are being breed for the instincts of obedience and so are obedient without wanting to be. All of dressage looks like an enormous display of that. The horses are so tense, but enjoying their obedience at the same time, as though they are enjoying despising their rider. But the stock horses seem a little different, but perhaps only because they need less direction from their riders.

what do horse people reckon, since I am my self, in truth rather a Kangaroo sort of person?
Have even really ever worked around horses? Your posts in this thread seem a little odd, no offense.

Curaezipirid
08-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Alaikum Assalam
never around
but am close with persons close to
But I will unsubscribe to this thread now
since I wish that you finding me odd is not off putting
especially now I am clarified about liking camels far more
Wassalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.