/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hepitatus C

AnonymousPoster
07-29-2006, 10:44 PM
I am a young Muslim male, that has recently heard of a Sister who is older, and is terminally Ill.

She has been looking for a Husband for a while but has not been able to find out, due to many things, including her looks.

We have had contact with the possability of Marriage.

I have also read a fatawa, or an answer to a question from a Woman who asked a scholar, I believe it might have been Uthaymeen, whether she could marry a man with Herpees, and the answer was in the negative.

With aparent hadeeth that Muslims should distance themselves from that which is Harmfull and the answer included an incident where the Prophet, blessing and peace upon whom be, told a leper to keep his distance after taking a pledge from him.

I have done, very little research in the last couple of days, and I see that, this sister's Illness can only be passed through blood to blood mixing, so sexually it would be hard to pass unless maybe for example she was cut and I was cut and we touched.

I am looking for fatawas on this matter, since her Illness can be avoided from passing if me and her are careful, and since she is older and needs a companion, her physical needs are there and also she will deteriate and will need a friend/comforter/ and so on.

I hope to see links, to good advice if not good advice from individuals.

Please let our emotions not be involved, I need something according to Islam not according to what 'feels right'

Salaam Aleicum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
07-30-2006, 12:11 PM
:wasalamex

masha'Allaah.. may Allaah azawajal reward you for your good intention. But you have to realise that you may not be affected - but if you two were to get married and have children - they could end up with that problem.

Also, you have to keep in mind that she is terminally ill - so if she was to die, and you had children - then you may have a bigger burden to carry - because she may not be there to lookafter them, and earning income could become a difficulty because who would look after the children? And even if she was alive - who would lookafter her aswell as the children?

I will try to look up for some fatwas related to this issue, but you have to ask yourself - do i have enough imaan and taqwa to handle all of this?

Even if you were to propose to her, performing istikharah is really important before you propose:

Istikhaarah prayer.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln...rowse&QR=11981

How to pray istikhaarah.
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ln...browse&QR=2217

We will keep you and the sister in our dua's insha'Allaahu ta'aala. And please do keep us informed of what is going on insha'Allaah.. jazak Allaahu khayr and may Allaah azawajal bless you, and all the muslims, ameen.

:salamext:

Kittygyal
07-30-2006, 01:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I am a young Muslim male, that has recently heard of a Sister who is older, and is terminally Ill.

She has been looking for a Husband for a while but has not been able to find out, due to many things, including her looks.

We have had contact with the possability of Marriage.

I have also read a fatawa, or an answer to a question from a Woman who asked a scholar, I believe it might have been Uthaymeen, whether she could marry a man with Herpees, and the answer was in the negative.

With aparent hadeeth that Muslims should distance themselves from that which is Harmfull and the answer included an incident where the Prophet, blessing and peace upon whom be, told a leper to keep his distance after taking a pledge from him.

I have done, very little research in the last couple of days, and I see that, this sister's Illness can only be passed through blood to blood mixing, so sexually it would be hard to pass unless maybe for example she was cut and I was cut and we touched.

I am looking for fatawas on this matter, since her Illness can be avoided from passing if me and her are careful, and since she is older and needs a companion, her physical needs are there and also she will deteriate and will need a friend/comforter/ and so on.

I hope to see links, to good advice if not good advice from individuals.

Please let our emotions not be involved, I need something according to Islam not according to what 'feels right'

Salaam Aleicum
humm brother i think i know you :rollseyes
anyway i must reccomend that sister to read the Koran

AnonymousPoster
07-30-2006, 01:20 PM
With regards to Fi_Sabilillah:

She can not have offspring, the money is an issue I have spoken to her about, she works at the moment from home and said she will help me support her, I have my reservations about that, but I think it might just be my pride.

Also, she has made a condition to marriage that would be that I take a 2nd wife, because she can not have children, plus because of her age and illness.

I have spent night and day wondering if I would be able to cope, and so far I know it would be hard but I think I would and I rather she be with me than alone in the sense of a husband. She also has many friends, she regards as family around which will help when the inevitable happens.

With regards to islamgyal,

In honesty whether you know me is not that important, I prefer you didn't because I want my intetions to be pure.

Also, she is a revert and teaching her Arabic and so forth would come wit the marriage as I have encouraged her already. Apart from that she seems very set on Islam, she is prepared and faces her illness beautifully, no matter what happens when asked how she is she replies Alhamdulilah, through the small time I have spoke to her she brings the simplicity of Islam back to my heart which is a great thing.

Salaam Aleicum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
07-30-2006, 01:34 PM
:salamext:

On my opinion, i think you should look into the problem thoroughly because it may be a form of regret later, and both people could end up getting hurt more than if one person was to say no to the proposal.

To define hepatitis C; it says on the following link:

An infection of the liver that is caused by an RNA virus, is transmitted primarily by blood and blood products, as in blood transfusions or intravenous drug use, and sometimes through sexual contact. Most cases of non-A, non-B hepatitis are of this type.

source: http://www.answers.com/hepatitis+c&r=67#after_ad1

So you may want to look deep into this issue and do alot of research on the illness, because if you were to be affected with it too - then it may affect your life permanently too. And naturally, man would hate the idea that they got it off someone else, while trying to do a good act - even if it wasn't really the other persons fault.

This is why, having alot of imaan and taqwa is important - because shaytan will try to do anything to cause arguments and breakups between a husband and wife.

Also - we don't know the ruling, hence its important that one does research on that too, thoroughly insha'Allaah. Even if it means asking your question a scholar who is qualified in the sciences of medicine, or by asking some qualified scholars online.

Also, no matter what anyone was to say - please remember that istikhaarah is really important before the proposal is accepted/rejected etc.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Mezier
07-30-2006, 03:28 PM
:sl:

Mashallah brother. :). as for advice, unfortunatly i cannot give you any. But if I were in your shoes, I would personally do it.

:w:

AnonymousPoster
09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I think Hepitatus C can be transmitted through sexual intercourse, I am not sure though.

جوري
09-06-2006, 10:25 PM
yes Hep C can be transmitted through intercourse... it can also be transmitted through any blood contact... needles, tatoo parlors, transfusions... unlike AIDS it is able to survive outside for sometime and be passed on.... There is no vaccination that one can take to guard against Hep C... unlike Hep A or B... you might be suprised to learn that there are different serotypes of Hep C... and if she were from a middle eastern origin? she could have a less fatal type... either way down the line the majority end up in liver failure or hepatoceulluar ca of some sort but that is more common with Hep B than C..... she will need a transplant at some point... is she on any donor list? the Liver is very likely to generate so she can live on just part of someone's liver... unless she has other problems on the side that make her more immune compromised? Also she can be started on interferon therapy right now? is she being treated at all for this?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!