/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does your Masjid...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Does your Masjid have a seperate room for the women to pray when praying in Jummat (congregation)? I have heard that in the time of our Prophet (pbuh) women would stand behind the men in congregation.

I think it is abit weird that women would pray in a diffrent room to where the Imam is seen but then again when there isnt no room in a mosque sometimes poeple are told to go to a diffrent room and listen to the imam on the speakers.

so how does it work in your mosque, I personally haven't been in a mosque where the women and men are in one hall/room. :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Anonymous.92
07-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Me neither, I have never been in a mosque that women and men are in the same room. In my mosque women are upstairs and men are downstairs.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-30-2006, 04:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous.92
Me neither, I have never been in a mosque that women and men are in the same room. In my mosque women are upstairs and men are downstairs.

Yeah, I guess it like that for most.

samsam
07-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Me too the mosque i go to o women and men are at complete different places

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
07-30-2006, 05:29 PM
in moi mosque, d upstairs is 4 d sistas & downstairs 4 brovas :D:D:D

but ders 1 room upstairs & dey put d hospital curtain thin up lol 2 divide d women n men, :D:D:D

princess
07-30-2006, 05:55 PM
In my mosque the women pray upstairs and the men pray downstairs i have never been to a mosque where women and men prayed together lol

IbnAbdulHakim
07-30-2006, 05:58 PM
i aint got a clue where the sisters section is for my mosque :eek:... i think its downstairs in sum corner or somethin but mens section is upstairs :D

Duhaa
07-30-2006, 06:06 PM
In ours women pray at home.....;D

Snowflake
07-30-2006, 06:15 PM
It's the same here. Women upstairs like on a sort of a huge balcony thing with a curtain. And the brothers downstairs in the posh bit with all the gleaming chandeliers :mmokay:

SirZubair
07-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Insha'allah someday women will be allowed to pray in the mosques Behind the men.

But first, we need to work on our Taqwa. Until that is completed, don't expect any changes to be made.

I can't be bothered doing alot of typing today, so this is my view on the matter (from another forum)

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair,May 4 2006, 10:25 PM
Allhumdulilah,the mosque/islamic centre i go to Provides Women with a room to pray in.

It is the smallest Islamic centre i have been to in all of auckland.

The Bigger mosques/islamic centres here dont provide Women with rooms to pray in.

i hope allah s.w.t will forgive or atleast have mercy on the Men who have made the decission to prevent women from praying at the mosques.

As shaykh Imran Hosein pointed out,Men allow their wives to go shopping (by themselves) in public,they allow their wives to drive around Sydney in flash cars,they allow their wives to go to the malls,..but when it comes time to go to the mosque "no way,there are Men there!"

May allah s.w.t have mercy on us all.

Edit : LoL,i just noticed that shaykh Imran Hosein has posted in this thread :P I wasnt refering to his post,i was refering the 'the muslim village' video. :)
[snapback]348512[/snapback]
And the next bit that i am quoting is to do with a sister saying that one of her friends was told that "a womans place is at home" by some guy at the mosque.

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair,May 4 2006, 10:30 PM
I heard a brother SAY that to a sister Infront of me last year during Ramadan.

She needed to go home because she had a call that her son hurt himself,and the brother had parked behind her car (and pretty much blocked the driveway),when i went inside the mosque and found this brother and asked him to move his car,he came outside Smiling.Once he realised that a SISTER made the original request,he turned bitter "Why do you need to come to the mosque?stay at home"

Before the sister could say anything back to him,i told him that if he cant Apoligise for parking inappropriatly,just shut up and get the car out of the way,then go back inside and carry on praying.

He wasnt too happy with me...good,i wasnt too happy with him either.
[snapback]348513[/snapback]
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair,May 5 2006, 06:59 PM
The Islamic Centre that i prayed jummah salaat at today provides for Men and Women.

Women have just as much space as the men do.

Allhumdulilah.

And about 15-20 minutes from there,a new mosque is being built (For those people that attended the marriage workshop at Zayd College,..the new mosque is about 2minutes up the road from zayd college),i believe they are building a womens section too.
[snapback]348915[/snapback]

SirZubair
07-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Here is what Shaykh Imran Hosein has to say :

format_quote Originally Posted by Imran Hosein,May 2 2006, 02:27 PM
THE WOMEN OF ISLAM IN THE HOUSE OF ALLAH

Imran N. Hosein

There is no doubt whatsoever that this essay is going to provoke both positive and negative responses from readers. But our purpose in writing it is to provoke enlightened responses from our intelligent readers – responses that would dispel complacency over (what this writer perceives as) unfortunate instances of misguided tradition.

Let us at the outset remind the Muslim reader of the prophecy of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him) concerning the Day of Judgment:

“Narrated Anas ibn Malik: One day when the Messenger of Allah was sitting amongst us, he dozed off. He then raised his head, smiling. We asked: What makes you smile, Oh Messenger of Allah? He said: A Surah has just been revealed to me, and then recited: “In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful. Verily We have given thee al-Kawthar (fountain of abundance). Therefore turn to thy Lord for prayer and offer sacrifice, and surely thy enemy is cut off (from the good).” Then he (the Holy Prophet) asked: Do you know what al-Kawthar is? We said: Allah and His Messenger know best. The Holy Prophet said: It (Kawthar) is a fountain (spring or river) which my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious, has promised me, and there is an abundance of good in it. It is a cistern and my people will come to it on the Day of Resurrection, and tumblers there (for drinking) would be equal to the number of stars. A servant will be turned away from (among those gathered there). Upon this I shall say: My Lord, he is one of my people. He (the Lord) will say: You do not know that he created new things (in Islam) after you. Ibn Hujr made this addition in the Hadith: "He (the Holy Prophet) was sitting amongst us in the mosque, and He (Allah) said: (You don't know) what he innovated after you."
(Sahih Muslim)

The implication of this Hadith is that those who change the religion that was left by Prophet Muhammad would pay a very bitter price for such misguided conduct. It should not be difficult for anyone to realize that the most dangerous place of all in which to effect any change in the religion of Islam as established by Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him) is in the House of Allah (Masjid).

Let us also recall another prophecy concerning the alarming extent to which Muslims would deviate from the original religion of Islam. The Prophet prophesied that Muslims could be divided into seventy-three sects and that in such an event all but one would enter into Hell:

“Narrated Abdullah ibn Amr: Allah's Messenger said: There will befall my Ummah exactly (all those) evils which befell the people of Israel, so much so that if there was one amongst them who openly committed fornication with his mother, there will be among my Ummah one who will do that, and if the people of Israel were fragmented into seventy-two sects my Ummah would be fragmented into seventy-three sects. All of them will be in Hell-Fire except one sect. They (the Companions) said: Allah's Messenger, which is that? Whereupon he said: It is one to which I and my companions belong.”
(Sunan Tirmidhi)

What should we do if we Muslims are to protect ourselves and our religion at that time of monstrous abandonment of the religion as left by the blessed Prophet? He was very clear and precise in his response that we should hold fast to the Qur’an:

“Narrated Ali ibn Abi Talib: Al-Harith al-A'war: While passing through the Masjid I found the people engrossed in (prohibited) talk, so I went to Ali and told him. He asked if that was really so, and when I assured him that it was, he said: I heard Allah's Messenger say, "Dissension will certainly come." I asked him what is the way out of it, to which he replied, "Allah's Book is the way (out), for it contains information of what has happened before you, news of what will happen after you, and a decision regarding matters which occur among you. It is the distinguisher and is not jesting. If any overweening person abandons it Allah will break him, and if anyone seeks guidance elsewhere Allah will lead him astray. It is Allah's strong cord, it is the wise reminder, it is the straight path, it is that by which the desires do not swerve nor the tongues become confused, and the learned cannot grasp it completely. It does not become worn out by repetition and its wonders do not come to an end. It is that of which the jinn did not hesitate to say when they heard it, 'We have heard a wonderful recital which guides to what is right, and we believe in it.' He who utters it speaks the truth, he who acts according to it is rewarded, he who pronounces judgment according to it is just, and he who invites people to it guides to a straight path."
(Sunan Tirmidhi)

The Qur’an, in turn, has asked us to hold fast to the Sunnah (way) of the Prophet:

"You have, indeed, in the Messenger of Allah an excellent model (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the praise of Allah.
(Qur’an, al-Ahzab, 33:21)

And so, it is with the Book of Allah and the Sunnah of His Messenger that we must respond to all trials. And this brings us to the subject of “the greatest of all trials that mankind would experience from the time of Adam to the Last Day”, i.e., the fitnah (trials) of Dajjal the false Messiah or Anti-Christ. It was in connection with that attack of Dajjal that the Prophet warned that “the last people to come out to Dajjal would be women, and that a man would have to return to his home and tie down his wife, sister and daughter to protect them from being seduced by Dajjal.”
It is clear that Prophet Muhammad anticipated, in the above prophecy, the modern feminist revolution that has deceptively misled and corrupted so many women in the modern age.

We write this essay to warn that the feminist revolution will exploit to its advantage every mistake that Muslims make concerning their women. And we direct attention to one grave mistake that has already been made, and which is likely to explode in the face of this Ummah with devastating effect in the not-too-distant future as Dajjal moves to exploit that mistake to his advantage. What is that mistake?

A dangerous mistake for which we will pay dearly

Prophet Muhammad warned his followers:

“Do not prevent women from coming to the Masjid (for prayer)”. If Allah Most High, or His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him), were to give an order, then Muslims have a religious obligation to submit to that order and to obey it. No one has the authority to cancel an order which has come from Allah or His Messenger. An order can be suspended in consequence of an abnormal situation having arisen (such as a suspension of the divine law of cutting of the hand of the thief in consequence of an abnormal situation created by drought and famine). But neither can an order be cancelled, nor can it be permanently suspended.

And yet, despite the clear orders of the Prophet concerning the rights of Muslim women in the house of Allah it is a quite common sight around the world of Islam today to witness Masājid (plural of Masjid) from which women have been permanently excluded. Such a flagrant violation of women’s rights is sure to provoke a bitter response from the feminist revolution. Indeed we are eventually likely to witness that revolution so exploiting this matter as to eventually succeed in having women give the Juma Khutbah (sermon) from the Mimbar (pulpit) of the Masjid. Already one such profoundly misguided woman has blindly led the way in New York City to open the gates for that evil destructive storm.

But the deprivation of Muslim women’s rights is not limited to their exclusion from the House of Allah. Even when they are allowed to come to the Masjid they are often not allowed to pray in the same space with the men. Rather, a separate space is allocated to them. This can even be in a separate building, an annex, an upstairs gallery, a basement, etc. And finally, when they are allowed to pray on the same floor with the men, two separate spaces are created through the imposition of a barrier (of bricks, wood, cloth etc.) which has the effect of creating two separate spaces for prayer – one for men and the other for women. Sometimes the separate space created for women is at the back of the men; but sometimes, and alarmingly so, it is at the side of the men.

In addition to creating a separate space for women, the barrier also has the effect of reducing women to praying congregational prayers with their ears alone, and not their eyes. Women cannot see the congregation (Jama’ah) at prayer. They can only hear!

But Prophet Muhammad very clearly placed men and women in the Masjid to pray ‘in the same space’ with women behind the men, and gave men and women the right to pray with both their ears and their eyes.

Consider the following:

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet said: “The best row for the men (in the Masjid) is the first (row) and the worst or most dangerous is the last; and the best row for woman (in the Masjid) is the last, and the worst (or most dangerous) is the first.”
(Sahih Muslim)

It is quite clear from the above Hadith that men are supposed to first fill the front row in the Masjid, and then proceed after that to fill row after row in the direction away from the Mimbar (pulpit). If and when women choose to attend Salaat in the Masjid, they are supposed to first fill the last row, and then proceed after that to fill row after row in the direction towards the Mimbar (pulpit). As the Masjid fills up the back row of men would draw closer and yet closer to the front row of women. And it is that close physical proximity of men and women, with no barriers in between them, which creates the situation that is pregnant with danger. Among the dangers described by the Prophet himself was that a man may not have enough cloth to cover his private parts when he prostrates. And so the Prophet ordered women to keep their heads down on the ground in prostration (Sijdah) until the men (in front of them) had a chance to sit up:

“Narrated Asma' daughter of Abu Bakr: I heard the Messenger of Allah say: One of you who believes in Allah and in the Last Day should not raise her head until the men raise their heads (after prostration) lest they should see the private parts of men.”
(Sunan Abu Daud)

The inescapable implication of both the above Ahadith is that women prayed in the Prophet’s Masjid in the same space with the men, but behind them, and that they prayed with both their ears and eyes since a woman who raised her head too soon could see the private parts of the man in front of her (if he was not adequately clothed). This possibility also indicated that there was no barrier in the Prophet’s Masjid between men and women as would obstruct women’s vision.

If women choose to perform their Salaat at home, on the grounds that such is preferable, it still would not solve the problem faced by those women who choose to visit the Masjid for Salaat, and are denied rights mentioned above. Indeed they are forced into such situations of prayer (such as praying at the side, rather than behind the men) in which their Salaat would be in manifest conflict with the Sunnah and hence would most likely be invalid!

The remedy for the present situation in which women are deprived of their rights, even in the house of Allah, is quite evident. It is that Muslims must now insist that women be allowed to come to the Masjid; that they be allowed to pray in the same space with the men but behind them; and that they be allowed to pray with both eyes and ears, and hence with no barrier between men and woman as would obstruct women’s vision of the men in front of them.

Nothing less than that can save Muslims from the grave charge of having changed the religion left by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah Most High be upon him) even in the Masjid itself! And nothing less than that can save Muslims from the evil feminist storm that is sure to sweep the world of Islam in the not-too-distant future, and sure to exploit this mistake of the Ummah to reap evil capital from it. .

End
[snapback]347211[/snapback]

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-30-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykh Imran Hosein
If women choose to perform their Salaat at home, on the grounds that such is preferable, it still would not solve the problem faced by those women who choose to visit the Masjid for Salaat, and are denied rights mentioned above. Indeed they are forced into such situations of prayer (such as praying at the side, rather than behind the men) in which their Salaat would be in manifest conflict with the Sunnah and hence would most likely be invalid!
:muddlehea:muddlehea

ABWAN
07-31-2006, 06:12 AM
Been in both. There would be a veil behind which the sisters would pray.

SirZubair
07-31-2006, 06:13 AM
:sl:

Habib (DaNgErOuS MiNdS), could you alter your post just a wee bit :?

Anyone who reads it will think I said it when it is infact the words of Shaykh Imran.

:w:

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 08:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Does your Masjid have a seperate room for the women to pray when praying in Jummat (congregation)? I have heard that in the time of our Prophet (pbuh) women would stand behind the men in congregation.

I think it is abit weird that women would pray in a diffrent room to where the Imam is seen but then again when there isnt no room in a mosque sometimes poeple are told to go to a diffrent room and listen to the imam on the speakers.

so how does it work in your mosque, I personally haven't been in a mosque where the women and men are in one hall/room. :?
In one of the masjids i go to, women are upstairs, guys downstairs... in another masjid i go to, women pray behind the men with a curtain in between, and in another masjid i go to, there's a barrier which is opened during prayer time and women pray behind the men...

in the prophets time the setup was such that there was no barrier between the men and women, and they all prayed in the same room.. infact hence the hadith "the best position for the men is to pray in first row, and the women to pray in the last row".... just so men n women don't let shaytan get the better of them n start concentrating on other things...

salams

Malaikah
07-31-2006, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
and in another masjid i go to, there's a barrier which is opened during prayer time and women pray behind the men...

wow me too! the one i go to basically has two seperate rooms but the wall connecting the rooms has a partition that gets opened at prayer time. the men pray in the mens room and the women still pray in the womens room but the women can actually see the men becuase the partition gets opened. Someone usually closes the partition as soon as the prayer is over though, so i dont think many of the men actually realise that the women opened the partition. :giggling:

but i must admit it was really WEIRD the first few times i prayed there becuase its the first mosque i prayed in where the men and women can see each other... im just used to it being seperated.

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 08:41 AM
^^ are you thinking what i'm thinking B2 :p

syilla
07-31-2006, 10:05 AM
my masjid is just infront of my house...but is not mine though...(jk)

the ladies pray behind the men...and there is a barier between them...
they used to put a curtain...(it is quite a nuisance... though) now they have change it ...hmm...i'm not sure what it is call...but it is quite beautiful crafted.

Helena
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
my local masjid....both men and women pray separately...men pray downstair...in da main area....the ladies pray upstairs...

during ramadan....LMC open the bigger hall that holds thousands of ppl to pray teraweeh....which is both opened to men and women..absolutely amazing....but still there isnt enough space...ppl eventually pray outside the mosque..alhamdulilah...

i think i prayed once outside in da roads...the opening of LMC in my area...wot a moment not be missed...jus brilliant!

amirah_87
07-31-2006, 12:01 PM
ass salaamu alaykum

east london ey??? :giggling:

i go to the one in leyton more...it's okay...same thing like every1 else, up for the women down for the men...and there's like another hall that's actually the basement:?:?...that's where the sisters lessons are....poor sisters :giggling:

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 12:02 PM
^^ especialy in summer i love praying outside it feels so cool.. reminds you of.. stuff..

Fishman
07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
I think that there is a women's room in our Masjid somewhere on the second floor, but as I've never been up there, I don't know.
:w:

S_87
07-31-2006, 12:05 PM

none of the local masjids provide for women at all

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 12:06 PM
^^ according to your location, i never heard of masjids on mars.. so maybe that explains it? :?

Helena
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum

east london ey??? :giggling:

i go to the one in leyton more...it's okay...same thing like every1 else, up for the women down for the men...and there's like another hall that's actually the basement:?:?...that's where the sisters lessons are....poor sisters :giggling:

yeap its in east london.....

S_87
07-31-2006, 12:11 PM
^^ according to your location, i never heard of masjids on mars.. so maybe that explains it? :?

looooool nah i really live in west yorkshire, England. :okay:

lolwatever
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
hehe.. well that's sad sis... anyway today's masjids are dead so defunct man, no vibe in them as before... that will change hopefully soon inshalha.

get your husband to take over the managemetn and fix it up and get stuff arranged for sis's, run classes and all sorts of events, re-incarnate it!

salams

Malaikah
07-31-2006, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

none of the local masjids provide for women at all

isnt it their duty to provide a place for the women?

S_87
07-31-2006, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Not in Batley by any chance?

how did you guess, yup the very place.

lolwatever, there are classes in madrassas for women or at womens houses.

cheese it is their duty but they believe its not allowed for women to pray in the masjid :rolleyes: :cry: ive been in one masjid before to see my dad who was in i'tikaf, that didnt go unnoticed :X
i really do wish theyd provide though, atleast atleast for taraweeh and eid salah but :(

Haya emaan
07-31-2006, 06:55 PM
In Pakistan, I havent found any mosque having room 4 women :mad:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
07-31-2006, 07:15 PM
Well there have been some mixed replies from What I have learn't regarding this issue is that either women should be given their rights in accordance with the sunnah of our prophet (SAW) and pray in the mosque behind the imam and the men in view or pray at home rather then a room in a mosque and lsiten to the imam through a speaker because it risks the prayers of womens prayer being invalidated. If women wanted listen throught the speaker, the rule could mean that the women can just get the speakers fitted in their homes, whats the diffrence?

lolwatever
08-02-2006, 07:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Well there have been some mixed replies from What I have learn't regarding this issue is that either women should be given their rights in accordance with the sunnah of our prophet (SAW) and pray in the mosque behind the imam and the men in view or pray at home rather then a room in a mosque and lsiten to the imam through a speaker because it risks the prayers of womens prayer being invalidated. If women wanted listen throught the speaker, the rule could mean that the women can just get the speakers fitted in their homes, whats the diffrence?
sorry bro i didn't understand.

all i do know is that even if the husband doesn't want his wife to go to masjid, she isn't considered to be disobeying him if she goes...

proof is when Umar told his wife "i think you know what my feeling is about you always praying at the masjid" (implying he rather her pray at home), and she told him "i'll only stop going if you stop me" (implying she'll keep going regardless, and she knew he wont physically stop her because he knows the hadith which gives women the right to go to the masjid)..

but as i said, masjid these days are dead, they really need to be brought back to life... i must say there's one masjid i go to, its pretty much a 'youth masjid' (coz they're all students n stuff), and it's reeeallly good mashalah.. it's always buzzing with ppl reading quran and even ppl getting together and talking about Islam or even life in general... reeeallly neat mashalah..

back in prophets time, he use to play with the kids in the masjid and make them racing tournaments, they uset o watch wrestling matches, the prophet even invited aisha to checkout these ethiopian dancers who came to do a show at the masjid... as well as it was vibrant with advises, classes and worship of Allah SWT....

and it wasnt long before the first universities of baghdad where IN the masjids teachign physics, math etc long with fiqh and aqeedah. and it was only due to the fact it was hard to run 10 lectuers in one masjid they made a building next to the masjid with seperate classes etc. but it was all one unit, the masjid was THE school, THE islamic uniting center.

what an amazing environment that we've ruined..

salams

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-02-2006, 11:44 AM
Well what I am trying to say is that the women should be allowed/encouraged to pray in the masjid. The masjids that do allow women to pray normally have a sperate room for them which has a speaker connected to that room (to hear the imam). This method might be invalidating their prayers without them even knowing it (as mentioned in the article by the shaykh).

lolwatever
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
oh ok jazaks..

but that implies people who sit right at the back in teh khutbah, their prayer too is invalid coz they're relying on speakers to make particles vibrate against their eardrums?

salamz

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-02-2006, 12:06 PM
oh ok jazaks..

but that implies people who sit right at the back in teh khutbah, their prayer too is invalid coz they're relying on speakers to make particles vibrate against their eardrums?

salamz
Well one of the reasons I made this thread was to clear this up but I guess in the case of people at the back are still in jummat behind the imam but im not sure.

lolwatever
08-02-2006, 12:08 PM
i guess this si one of the cases maybe we shouldn't ask questions because it can make life hard for us even though Allah meant to makeit easy? remember the case where the companion asked a jewish lady 'is this meat halal' and the prophet told her 'dont answer him'

also the other verse 'o believers dont ask questions if answered will make hardship for you..' (soemthing ilke that)..

im pretty sure this case is one of those ones.. allahu alam :)

salamz

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-02-2006, 12:15 PM
women aint allowed 2 pray in da masjid where i live.. not fairrr

lolwatever
08-02-2006, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
women aint allowed 2 pray in da masjid where i live.. not fairrr
now that you've released the steam sis.. do something about it inshaAllah ;)

give the imam a scolding, after the prayer.. infront of the jama'3ah (if he's supporting the idea)
salamz

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-02-2006, 12:36 PM
lol, ders not enuf room.. its quite a small masjid bcuz its only a small town.. lol

ma dadz incharge of all that but he sed ders not much room.. :S

S_87
08-02-2006, 04:18 PM
now that you've released the steam sis.. do something about it inshaAllah ;)

give the imam a scolding, after the prayer.. infront of the jama'3ah (if he's supporting the idea)
salamz

i like that! :p

the gathering is all for the imams in these issues tho

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-02-2006, 05:22 PM
i dont think the imam iz bothered.. hes new in the town.. ders no room, but i bet even if there was then only about 10 would turn up most of da time.. :S not many practising muslims newayz.. :?

lolwatever
08-02-2006, 09:34 PM
^^ lol if there's no room there isn't much u can do i guess innit? the only thing i can think of is i guess u might wanna go to the next nearest masjid which has space if you're keen on going.

at one of the masjid i pray in, the masjid gets so packed with bros that i think they endup hijacking the sis section lol, so the sisters tend to not b able 2 attend the jumuah.. but its nothing to do with the bros trying to deprive sis's of attending.. it's jst the way it is.. no room.

but i'm pretty serious... the female sahabiyah's use to put the Khalifah's in their place even during khutbah, no one called that rude or obscene or anything so long as she had teh evidence with her.. so don't let these imam's dodge u by saying 'who r u to argue with me' etc...

salamz

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.