/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself and questions

RTM
05-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Hello,

My name is Rustin, I am 25 years old and live in the West Midlands of England and I have recently become aware of the faith of Islam. If it is ok I will mainly be asking alot of questions. I have also boughtg a copy of the Koran translated by M.A.S. Abdel Haleem, is this a good one to have?

Really, my first question I have which hopefully you will be able to help me with is references in the Koran where it tells us to spread the word of Allah and the faith if Islam.

Many thanks to you in advance. Please firgive my ignorance if any as I am only leartning.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
05-31-2005, 08:11 AM
:sl:

Welcome to the forum RTM! I believe I have just seen a similar thread on Understanding-Islam about 30 seconds ago ;) Bearing in mind that this is just an introduction thread, the questions you asked would be better suited in a section like 'Basics of Islam' :)

I'm not sure about that particular translation of the Qur'an. :(

Here are the verses as per your request :shade:. I think these are the verses you asked for, but forgive me if they are not as I am but a human being.

If they are not then I may have to flee the country and go into hiding out of the sheer embarassment. Oh, the irony. :(

These are just a couple of them by the way :-[

ادْعُ إِلِى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُم بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ هُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِمَن ضَلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِ وَهُوَ أَعْلَمُ بِالْمُهْتَدِينَ

016:125 (Surah An-Nahl)
Invite (mankind, O Muhammad SAW) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Quran) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.

لِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ جَعَلْنَا مَنسَكاً هُمْ نَاسِكُوهُ فَلَا يُنَازِعُنَّكَ فِي الْأَمْرِ وَادْعُ إِلَى رَبِّكَ إِنَّكَ لَعَلَى هُدًى مُّسْتَقِيم

022:067 (Surah Al-Hajj)For every nation We have ordained religious ceremonies [e.g. slaughtering of the beast of cattle during the three days of stay at Mina (Makkah) during the Hajj (pilgrimage)] which they must follow; so let them (pagans) not dispute with you on the matter (i.e. to eat of the cattle which you slaughter, and not to eat of cattle which Allah kills by its natural death), but invite them to your Lord. Verily! You (O Muhammad SAW) indeed are on the (true) straight guidance. (i.e. the true religion of Islamic Monotheism).

:w:

Uthman
05-31-2005, 08:13 AM

I just said it would be better suited in 'Basics of Islam' and then replied to it anyway :brother:

RTM
05-31-2005, 08:21 AM
MODERATOR - please move this thread as requested to Basics please.

Many thanks to you for helping me on this matter, it is greatly appreciated! and appologies for asking it is the wrong area.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Protected_Diamond
05-31-2005, 09:53 AM
:sl: welcome to the forum...hope u enjoy your stay here im sure you will! :)

A7med
05-31-2005, 01:01 PM
hope u like ur stay!!nasheed lady should be here soon!!!! ;) ;D

S_87
05-31-2005, 01:07 PM
Hello and :welcome:

i hope you like it here and do feel free to ask questions. :D

RTM
05-31-2005, 01:59 PM
Mnay thanks to you all for the help you have given me. I do truly appreciate it all. I am sorry If I offend through my ignorance but I htink it is how I am going to learn.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-31-2005, 02:02 PM

brother, welcome and enjoy LI, Feel free to ask your questions and Inshalah we will answer to the best of our Abilities Inshallah.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-31-2005, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RTM
Mnay thanks to you all for the help you have given me. I do truly appreciate it all. I am sorry If I offend through my ignorance but I htink it is how I am going to learn.

hey we all learn and make mistakes so no sweat, dont worry. And feel free to ask as many questions as u like :)

RTM
05-31-2005, 06:37 PM
Many thanks for the warm welcome.

EDITED by request and reposted HERE

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-31-2005, 06:40 PM
:sl: brother and welcome to the forum. :) Please feel free to ask questions, I would suggest making a different thread in the Baiscs of islam section for your questions. Perhaps you could edit your last post, and paste your latest question in a thread in Basics of Islam. Then, insha'Allah I will be able to answer your question. :)

Ra`eesah
05-31-2005, 08:27 PM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Ya Hala Marhaba to Li here is a Nasheed to welcome you! :)

- Qatada -
05-31-2005, 08:40 PM
Asalam o alikum bro :) hope u enjoy yo stay ere. dnt wri abt askin questions cz gainin mo knowledge wil help u n others becom better muslims.. n even if u asked a question n som1 answers it - it wil giv the other ppl on the forum mo info abt it 2 :p

*charisma*
05-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Asalamu alaikum

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM EKHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):) :):)

lol stop being so sorry, ur not ignorant mashallah...ask ur questions and we will inshallah try to answer them in the best most understandable way possible :D

i hope u will enjoy ur stay and find it beneficial inshallah :)

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

imaad_udeen
06-02-2005, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey
Assalamu'Alaykum

Ya Hala Marhaba to Li here is a Nasheed to welcome you! :)
That sounds so beautiful.

I have no idea what they are saying, but it's beautiful....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.