/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is Mel Gibson's career finished?

Keltoi
07-31-2006, 03:14 AM
Hollywood Split Over Mel Gibson's Future
Jul 30, 4:49 PM EST

A stunned Hollywood debated the future of one of its biggest stars Sunday as a sheriff's watchdog launched an investigation into a possible cover up of a leaked report that quoted Mel Gibson unleashing a tirade of anti-Semitic remarks during a drunken driving arrest.

One media expert said Gibson irreparably damaged his career with his "crazy" behavior following his arrest by Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputies in Malibu early Friday. Charges of anti-Semitism were also leveled against the actor-director with the release of his 2004 blockbuster "The Passion of the Christ."

"It's a nuclear disaster for him," said publicist Michael Levine, who has represented Michael Jackson and Charlton Heston, among others. "I don't see how he can restore himself."

The entertainment Web site TMZ posted what it said were four pages from the original arrest report, which quoted Gibson as launching an expletive-laden "barrage of anti-Semitic remarks" after he was stopped on Pacific Coast Highway.

According to the report, in addition to threatening the arresting deputy and trying to escape, Gibson said, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world," and asked the officer, James Mee, "Are you a Jew?"

The report has not been made public, but the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday that it had independently verified its authenticity.

Gibson's publicist, Alan Nierob, would not elaborate beyond a nonspecific apology Gibson issued Saturday. Sheriff's sources also declined to comment on Gibson's alleged remarks.

Studio executives, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, were divided on how Gibson's behavior would affect his career. One noted that people have short memories, including filmmakers who might want to profit from Gibson's star power.

The Office of Independent Review, a department watchdog panel, has opened an investigation into whether authorities gave Gibson preferential treatment by covering up his alleged inflammatory comments, said its chief attorney, Mike Gennaco.

"Assuming that the report was excised, then the question is was it done for a good reason within regulations," he said.

Gibson has filmed public service announcements for Sheriff Lee Baca's relief committee dressed in a sheriff's uniform.

"There is no cover-up," Baca told the Los Angeles Times.

Now we all know that many higher ups in Hollywood are Jews, (this isn't an anti-semitic statement), so I think Gibson's days as a A list Hollywood studio actor are finished. I realize the statements were inflammatory and damaging, but I would hate for Mel Gibson to be blacklisted when other actors have done more damning things and continued their successful careers. Any thoughts on Gibson's future? I realize this isn't exactly an important topic, but with all the death and hatred in the news, this seemed to be a less stressful topic to discuss for a short while.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
07-31-2006, 03:18 AM
lol the unforgivable crime... he should hav cursed the palestinians or something, he probably would hav got promoted instead...

Looking4Peace
07-31-2006, 03:23 AM
ok i can understand getting arrested for drunk driving but what does anti semitic marks have to do with anything, racism isnt a crime as long as its only words? i am really confused, and isnt mel gibson jewish or am i confused with someone else?

Dahir
07-31-2006, 03:39 AM
i am really confused, and isnt mel gibson jewish or am i confused with someone else?
He's an Irish Catholic, born in New York to an Irish-American dad and Irish-Australian mother; he was raised in NY and Australia, though many people think of him as an Aussie national, he's not.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking4Peace
07-31-2006, 03:39 AM
oh ok got totally mixed up then but cant say he doesnt have a point though, not that im against all Jews

mujahedeen2087
07-31-2006, 04:43 AM
you gotta love mel

SirZubair
07-31-2006, 07:46 AM
You can take his licence, but you can't take away his freedom of speech :)

Muezzin
07-31-2006, 12:10 PM
Source, please?

Also, if in fact he was driving under the influence, I think that's even worse than any anti-Semitic remark. Drunk driving is a despicable, irresponsible and potentially lethal crime. Sure, anti-Semitism is offensive too, but drunk driving...

Anyway, I don't think Gibson will be out of work. The guy's loaded and has directed movies in the past - he'll simply make another film that he funds himself.

(note: There's a Mad Max joke I could make here, but it would just be inappropriate)

ACC
07-31-2006, 03:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
He's an Irish Catholic, born in New York to an Irish-American dad and Irish-Australian mother; he was raised in NY and Australia, though many people think of him as an Aussie national, he's not.
Quick note. He is not Catholic as you and I would consider someone Catholic. He belongs to the Society of St. Pius, which was excommunicated from the Catholic Church several decades ago.

al-fateh
07-31-2006, 03:44 PM
um.....who cares?

Keltoi
07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Here is the source for the article.
http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...29065&GT1=7701

Just an interesting distraction from the neverending debates on war and death.

lavikor201
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
If he replaced 'muslim' with 'jew' in his drunk insults, violent protests were spur up everywhere, demanding he be stoned and end his career because of his lack of tolerance.

Try to look at it from both sides.

darktide79
07-31-2006, 05:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
If he replaced 'muslim' with 'jew' in his drunk insults, violent protests were spur up everywhere, demanding he be stoned and end his career because of his lack of tolerance.

yeah but he would be lying then so that would make sense! on the other hand israel is killing lebonese for fun at the moment!

lavikor201
07-31-2006, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darktide79
yeah but he would be lying then so that would make sense! on the other hand israel is killing lebonese for fun at the moment!
Oh really. The 'Jews' start all the wars?

Would Israel be in Lebanon right now if Hezbollah terrorists did not cross into its territory and capture kill eight and capture 2? No. Hezbollah started this conflict. Your incapability to understand that is very apparent.

SirZubair
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM

I hate to admit it,...

..but he is Right.

Don't get me wrong, i sitll like Mel.

The man was drunk for crying out loud :) What do you expect from a drunk person :?

SirZubair
07-31-2006, 05:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by darktide79
Give me afew min's,...let me find you the award for "The most irrational statement of the week" ... :rollseyes

nennar
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
salaam! what is going on in here???????

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 06:31 PM

[IMG][IMG]http://www.americanrhetoric.com/imag...ncaptured1.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

See the resemblanse?

SirZubair
08-03-2006, 06:34 PM
No.

In one picture, i see a drunk superstar.

And in the other picture, i see a crazy dictator.

Annie
08-03-2006, 10:33 PM
salams
i think mel gibsons comments were unacceptable and racist i think people should remember that jews are not to blame for the conflict but zionests are to blame, because many jews are against zionests
wasalm
annie

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Gibson is a big money maker for hollywood. No matter what he does, the producers will want to make certain his carrer continues to sky rocket.

Don't be surprised if you see a new Mad Max film come out and the press explain this as all being a publicity stunt to promote a wild, drunk, crazy Mad Max movie.

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair
No.

In one picture, i see a drunk superstar.

And in the other picture, i see a crazy dictator.
:giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

Lamaggad
08-04-2006, 03:20 AM

come onnn man.. most of the holy wood movies are against Islam and Muslims... and no body have acted and have been sensitive such as zionists who are forcing every one to either say they are the best or else they will be called anti-Semitic or terorists and end up in jail or losing their Jobs.

They have made fun about our prophet that he is a terrorist, what did the Muslims so? protest and got mad.. but NOTHING happened to the anti-Islamic people i shall call them who have been behind this.

we have even boycotted their products and they have lost millions of dollars and the Denmark president insisted that this is freedom of speech and people are having fun.

imagine if the holocaust were on those picture instead of our Prophet... i think it'll be WW3

you are funny

searchingsoul
08-04-2006, 11:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lamaggad
come onnn man.. most of the holy wood movies are against Islam and Muslims... and no body have acted and have been sensitive such as zionists who are forcing every one to either say they are the best or else they will be called anti-Semitic or terorists and end up in jail or losing their Jobs.

They have made fun about our prophet that he is a terrorist, what did the Muslims so? protest and got mad.. but NOTHING happened to the anti-Islamic people i shall call them who have been behind this.

we have even boycotted their products and they have lost millions of dollars and the Denmark president insisted that this is freedom of speech and people are having fun.

imagine if the holocaust were on those picture instead of our Prophet... i think it'll be WW3

you are funny
Was it hollywood that made fun of the prophet?

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
the event that I'm talking about was done by the Denmark.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
the event that I'm talking about was done by the Denmark.
How is hollywood against Islam or muslims?

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 12:22 AM
How is hollywood against Islam or muslims?
they have done many movies against Islam and Muslims...

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:24 AM
they have done many movies against Islam and Muslims...
I've never seen any. That's not to say a few don't exist. That of course would be true for about any segment of society.

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 12:24 AM
they generally have muslims/arab looking people playing crooked characters in any hollywood movies that includes them, not that theres much, but i pay attention, but its the same stereotype that they do with mexicans awlays been gang bangers and blacks always having more then one baby moma working a minimum wage job and smoking weed all day, hollywood just loves to keep the stereotypes going in almost every film and whats sad is the minorities go along with it and actually play the part, booo to them sell outs.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
they generally have muslims/arab looking people playing crooked characters in any hollywood movies that includes them, not that theres much, but i pay attention, but its the same stereotype that they do with mexicans awlays been gang bangers and blacks always having more then one baby moma working a minimum wage job and smoking weed all day, hollywood just loves to keep the stereotypes going in almost every film and whats sad is the minorities go along with it and actually play the part, booo to them sell outs.
Sometimes it's nice to laugh at yourself. I guess it's all about attitude.

Islamicboy
08-05-2006, 12:33 AM
hollywood and every single christian mocks and disrespects Jesus (may allah peace be upon him). Yes he is a muslim prophet and christian god yet muslims stood up for him more then christian who claim he is god..

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
hollywood and every single christian mocks and disrespects Jesus (may allah peace be upon him). Yes he is a muslim prophet and christian god yet muslims stood up for him more then christian who claim he is god..
A lot of times Christians forget that they share Jesus with Muslims. Many Christians do not know this.

I disagree that every single christian mocks Jesus. That's a bit harsh.

Islamicboy
08-05-2006, 12:47 AM
Fine i take back when i said every single christian mocks. But a lot of christians i know do i even know christians from catholic schools....

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
Fine i take back when i said every single christian mocks. But a lot of christians i know do i even know christians from catholic schools....
I agree that some Christians mock Jesus. Believe it or not, I know quite a few Muslims who mock the prophet Mohammed. Most muslims that I know weren't offended by the Danish cartoons. I heard them laugh about them and such. I guess each religion has their weak members.

Islamicboy
08-05-2006, 12:52 AM
I agree that some Christians mock Jesus. Believe it or not, I know quite a few Muslims who mock the prophet Mohammed. Most muslims that I know weren't offended by the Danish cartoons. I heard them laugh about them and such. I guess each religion has their weak members.
Just for your information whoever mocks prophet muhammed (may allaahs peace and blessing be upon him) is not muslim. They are kaffir just as those who mock any prophets, Quran, Shariah law, or Allaah S.W.T.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Just for your information whoever mocks prophet muhammed (may allaahs peace and blessing be upon him) is not muslim. They are kaffir just as those who mock any prophets, Quran, Shariah law, or Allaah S.W.T.
I've seen that debated a few times on this forum. I don't know if they are muslim or just nonpracticing bad muslims. Not many people seem to agree on this situation.

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 01:20 AM
well those are individuals whom are ignorant...
but the point here that Cristians in the west mocks Jesus in their Media, Movies, cartoon episodes and even sex scenes.
if they accept that for their messenger whom they believe that he's even a God in such lower way... then that is their choice... Muslims aren't going to do any thing bcz the way Christians view Jesus is different than Islamic views, they picture him as a God but we Picture him as a human and messenger from God...

But when non-Muslims comes out and make fun about our Prophet just to hurt Muslims feelings and show their discrimination among us... then this is were we should come out and say STOP.

and i think every one have seen the mess that happened in every Muslim and even non-Muslim countries.

but non-Muslims aren't able to understand that when they start doing such stuff they are actually helping Muslims to unite and spread the word of God in the Qur'an.

after this unforgivable event... Qur'an books were sold out from most of the book stores in Denmark... at that point many non-Muslims have joint Islam like crazy after they learnt about Prophet Muhammad.

since most of them were questioning why did millions and millions came out to protest and got really mad about a Prophet.. their must be something unique in this prophet...?

afriend
08-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Ack.....Braveheart was a great movie :p

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 01:27 AM

their must be something unique in this prophet...?
Or something unique in the conditioning of the people. By saying this I'm not saying that your prophet isn't unique and wonderful. But he isn't for everyone and the protests don't prove that he's especially "unique".

Jesus satire doesn't bother me. You are wrong when you claim that the Christians view Jesus as God. Research the trinity. Go beyond Islamic resources to do this. I would suggest a christian website and even a christian forum. Jesus was human.

All Christians won't agree but the fact that he was human leads me to believe that he had a sense of humor. Hey, he was a fun loving guy!

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 02:04 AM
Or something unique in the conditioning of the people. By saying this I'm not saying that your prophet isn't unique and wonderful. But he isn't for everyone and the protests don't prove that he's especially "unique".

Jesus satire doesn't bother me. You are wrong when you claim that the Christians view Jesus as God. Research the trinity. Go beyond Islamic resources to do this. I would suggest a christian website and even a christian forum. Jesus was human.

All Christians won't agree but the fact that he was human leads me to believe that he had a sense of humor. Hey, he was a fun loving guy!
I'm really not discussing the trinity thing... your bible have lost it's original revelution, Christians believe in many things that other Christians doesn't believe in and completely disagree with... that's really not an issue and I'm not discussing it here...

it doesn't bother you... that's your choice no one is asking you to bother about your messenger whom you believe he's a human...

the question about Prophet Muhammad i have posted... i was telling you what non-Muslims have asked, therefor they have went out to book stores to by the Qur'an to learn about his uniqueness that they were questioning about.

you don't believe in him, that's fine.. I'm not asking you to think he's unique or special. niether the protesters where proving that he's unique, they were protesting for the fact of love that we hold for that Prophet who have been disrespected badly just to hurt our feelings.

I'm going to refer to my previous post i have posted in other thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/435311-post47.html
To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islâmic Monotheism)

Qur'an 109:6
لَكُمْ دِينكُمْ وَلِيَ دِين
سورة الكافرون (6 آية)

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:16 AM

are u Catholic?, I was in the past and they generally believe in the trinity while other new christian sects that are usually in the united states will say Jesus and God are the same and make no distinction between them, protestants, evengelicals and others do this, maybe this is what lammagad means, I no offense do not even consider them real Christians cause if u remember why the protestant religion started u will realize it was completely man made and not a word of God, while orthodox and catholics go way back to the earlier times.

afriend
08-05-2006, 02:22 AM
are u Catholic?, I was in the past and they generally believe in the trinity while other new christian sects that are usually in the united states will say Jesus and God are the same and make no distinction between them, protestants, evengelicals and others do this, maybe this is what lammagad means, I no offense do not even consider them real Christians cause if u remember why the protestant religion started u will realize it was completely man made and not a word of God, while orthodox and catholics go way back to the earlier times.
Yeap!

I mean, if Jesus was God right, then to whom did he pray to,himself?

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:24 AM
^^^ exactly

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Evangelicals are Protestants. And they do not consider Jesus to be God. He's considered the son of God. The trinity isn't exclusive to Catholics. Understanding the trinity is important if a non-muslim wishes to make a blanket statement like "Christians view Jesus as God". This is a false and misleading statement. For example, saying "Muslims believe it's okay to beat your wife" is false and misleading. It's easy to understand why a non-muslim may believe this since physical punishment is mentioned in a hadith. But the concept of punishing your wife is lost when one fails to correctly understand the hadith.

Islamicboy
08-05-2006, 02:30 AM
I've seen that debated a few times on this forum. I don't know if they are muslim or just nonpracticing bad muslims. Not many people seem to agree on this situation.
Interesting that this forum actually had debates over it. Its pretty clear all the famous scholars have agreed to the fact anyone who mocks prophet muhammed peace be upon him has left the fold of islam.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 02:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yeap!

I mean, if Jesus was God right, then to whom did he pray to,himself?
exactly

Again, you do not understand the trinity, which is crucial when making this type of statement.

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:33 AM
excuse me searching but that is generally the difference between catholics and protestants please dont tell me when i have grandparents from Ireland that were in mixed marriages and would bicker about this, Catholics and Eastern Orthodox are trinitarians, Protestants and all the new offshoot sects believe Jesus is God, i dont know where u get ur info from but i know a good amount of everyone and one of my bestfriends from my childhood was a Baptist which is a type of protestant practised largly down south by many blacks and whites alike.

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:35 AM
P.S- I used to be catholic and from my knowledge i could never sit at a protestant church because the beliefs were no where near the same and the one time i did i was completely thrown off because they were praying to Jesus and calling him God and when i questioned them they looked at me like i had 3 heads and said oh u must be a catholic!!!!!!!

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 02:37 AM
Evangelicals are Protestants. And they do not consider Jesus to be God. He's considered the son of God. The trinity isn't exclusive to Catholics. Understanding the trinity is important if a non-muslim wishes to make a blanket statement like "Christians view Jesus as God". This is a false and misleading statement. For example, saying "Muslims believe it's okay to beat your wife" is false and misleading. It's easy to understand why a non-muslim may believe this since physical punishment is mentioned in a hadith. But the concept of punishing your wife is lost when one fails to correctly understand the hadith.
oh please.. back to the main topic... we really don't need to discuss this here...

by the way... you can't compare between a Husbands who beats his wife with some one who is idolizing a human...

I'm not too sure if you have read my previous post above.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 02:41 AM
your bible have lost it's original revelution,

This is your opinion. Christians don't perceive it as having lost the its original revelation.

the question about Prophet Muhammad i have posted... i was telling you what non-Muslims have asked, therefor they have went out to book stores to by the Qur'an to learn about his uniqueness that they were questioning about.

There's no denying that the protests drew worldwide attention. People were curious. They bought the Quran. There's probably a better way to get attention or advertise your religion, but that's another thread.:)

you don't believe in him, that's fine.. I'm not asking you to think he's unique or special. niether the protesters where proving that he's unique, they were protesting for the fact of love that we hold for that Prophet who have been disrespected badly just to hurt our feelings.

Most non-muslims couldn't relate to this type of display. I don't think they love version of God or Jesus any less. The event is still very peculiar to non-muslims.

I'm going to refer to my previous post i have posted in other thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/435311-post47.html
Thanks!:)

Islamicboy
08-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Can this thread get any more off topic. From mel gibson to Insult to prophets to jesus and now to christianity...

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 02:50 AM
There's no denying that the protests drew worldwide attention. People were curious. They bought the Quran. There's probably a better way to get attention or advertise your religion, but that's another thread.
How dare you saying such thing about Muslims...
I'm sorry to tell you that you are a sick person...

Millions of Muslims around the world went out mad and upset about the unforgivable thing they have done... they didn't went out to advertise Islam as you are claiming... you should learn how to respect us in your posts...

and by the way... we really don't need to advertise Islam unlike what Christians does.
Islam is every were, that is why you have married one of them...

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Can this thread get any more off topic. From mel gibson to Insult to prophets to jesus and now to christianity...
that's what i was saying, but some people are looking to offend Muslims instead for no reason.

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:53 AM
^^^ lol shes married to a Muslim, i think she justs develops nerve to say these things on here but would never repeat them to him, its amusing actually

sevgi
08-05-2006, 02:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
bro, isnt that russel crowe???

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 02:55 AM
How dare you saying such thing about Muslims...
I'm sorry to tell you that you are a sick person...

Millions of Muslims around the world went out mad and upset about the unforgivable thing they have done... they didn't went out to advertise Islam as you are claiming... you should learn how to respect us in your posts...

and by the way... we really don't need to advertise Islam unlike what Christians does.
Islam is every were, that is why you have married one of them...
I thought you were stating that the protests drew attention to Islam and made people go out and buy the Quran. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

I don't understand your statement about Christians needing to advertise, unlike Islam. Can you explain? I don't understand this because Christians are greater in number than Muslims. Thanks!

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 02:56 AM
Lol @ this thread, thats all i can say now cause theres 5 different arguments and discussions going on that have nothing to do with Mel Gibson at this point.

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:00 AM
^^^ lol shes married to a Muslim, i think she justs develops nerve to say these things on here but would never repeat them to him, its amusing actually
He loves me for my willingness to embrace other cultures. He's not as bad as you paint him out.:)

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 03:00 AM
I thought you were stating that the protests drew attention to Islam and made people go out and buy the Quran. Sorry if I misunderstood you.
you didn't misunderstood me... you have turned around and said Muslims have went out for the sake of advertising instead of saying that it drew non-Muslims attention... that what you have exactly done and you have said it purposely to show that Muslims cheats for the sake of getting converters...

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:02 AM
that's what i was saying, but some people are looking to offend Muslims instead for no reason.
If this is directed toward me, I apologize. I never intended to insult anyone. Disagree? Sometimes. Insult? No.:)

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:04 AM
you didn't misunderstood me... you have turned around and said Muslims have went out for the sake of advertising instead of saying that it drew non-Muslims attention... that what you have exactly done and you have said it purposely to show that Muslims cheats for the sake of getting converters...
Again, I apologize if you feel I was saying this. I never thought the protests were for the purpose of getting converts.

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 03:05 AM
If this is directed toward me, I apologize. I never intended to insult anyone. Disagree? Sometimes. Insult? No.:)
no... Decent disagree never insult, but people like you who is turning things around and say things that i never said... that is what i call insulting.

sevgi
08-05-2006, 03:05 AM

I don't understand your statement about Christians needing to advertise, unlike Islam. Can you explain? I don't understand this because Christians are greater in number than Muslims. Thanks!
quality not quantity...so many bodies...so little?????

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumeyye
quality not quantity...so many bodies...so little?????
Please explain:)

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:07 AM
no... Decent disagree never insult, but people like you who is turning things around and say things that i never said... that is what i call insulting.
:cry: :cry: :cry: All I can say is "I'm sorry"

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Again, I apologize if you feel I was saying this. I never thought the protests were for the purpose of getting converts.
Then what do you mean by this?!?! you have said something and now you're saying that you don't mean it...

this what you have said

There's probably a better way to get attention or advertise your religion.
we didn't protest to get non-Muslims attention.
we didn't protest to advertise our religion.

that is a lie that you have just invented now to offend Islam.

millions of Muslims all over the world came out Mad at the same time... and at the end people like you translates it that we are advertising...

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 03:15 AM
:cry: :cry: :cry: All I can say is "I'm sorry"
Apology Accepted!

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 03:17 AM
^^ chill out, never take things that serious on the internet, its unneccesary stress, searchingsoul is a confused person, there was a time when i argued with her quite alot and she got me very frustrated and red faced and then I realized she doesnt mean any harm

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 03:21 AM
Then what do you mean by this?!?! you have said something and now you're saying that you don't mean it...

this what you have said

we didn't protest to get non-Muslims attention.
we didn't protest to advertise our religion.

that is a lie that you have just invented now to offend Islam.

millions of Muslims all over the world came out Mad at the same time... and at the end people like you translates it that we are advertising...
Lamaggad, I thought you were saying that the protests drew attention to Islam, which made people buy the Koran, which in and of itself is inadvertent advertisement. I never stated that the REASON they protested was for the sake of getting converts.

I think it's pretty amazing that you have insulted me and my religion several times on this thread, and offer no apology. You are unwillining to take my explanations to heart, and give me the benefit of the doubt that I may have misunderstood you.

Like I said before, I'm sorry if you think I insulted you or Islam. It was never my intention.

mujahedeen2087
08-05-2006, 03:22 AM
i like mel gibson he is my hero

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Lamaggad, I thought you were saying that the protests drew attention to Islam, which made people buy the Koran, which in and of itself is inadvertent advertisement. I never stated that the REASON they protested was for the sake of getting converts.

I think it's pretty amazing that you have insulted me and my religion several times on this thread, and offer no apology. You are unwillining to take my explanations to heart, and give me the benefit of the doubt that I may have misunderstood you.

Like I said before, I'm sorry if you think I insulted you or Islam. It was never my intention.
i'm going to take you to a diffrent thread.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...tml#post435507

Eevry one proceed with the main topic.

Thanks

Keltoi
08-05-2006, 03:53 AM
From what I know of Mel Gibson, it isn't surprising that the guy has some anti-semitic feelings. His father is known to deny the Holocaust ever happened and has made anti-Jewish statements in the past. Not sure if this episode with Mel is due to his father's influence, the Christian sect that he is a member of, or simply a drunken fiasco. Either way, it shows a side of Mel that most people probably could have done without witnessing.

Looking4Peace
08-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Lol @ drunken fiasco

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 04:03 AM

by the way... you can't compare between a Husbands who beats his wife with some one who is idolizing a human...

I can and I did. If you would open your mind, you would see the analogy.

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 06:42 AM
I can and I did. If you would open your mind, you would see the analogy.
it's not about opening my mind... it's about logic.. this comparison is disproportional...

but since you insist... then that is your choice...

Muezzin
08-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Right, can we get back on topic please, now? Ta.

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 03:55 PM
Mel is cool....

he is a hero to me

Keltoi
08-05-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
Mel is cool....

he is a hero to me
Mel is your hero for what reason? Simply because he made anti-Jewish statements during a DUI arrest?

Muezzin
08-05-2006, 05:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Mel is your hero for what reason? Simply because he made anti-Jewish statements during a DUI arrest?
Aw brighten up buddy, go and watch Mad Max 2. ;)

strider
08-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Assalamu alaikum

'Is Mel Gibson's career finished?' Seeing that many big names in the business are Jewish, i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't want to work with him ever again. I don't think being drunk is an excuse for being anti-semetic. Being anti-semetic is not okey, at all! And frankly, if his career is over due to this, then it's nothing more than he deserved.

Ma'assalama

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
na...he is funny

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
He's getting old . It's time for him to move on to character roles anyway.

Muezzin
08-05-2006, 05:46 PM
His career is not over. The guy is minted enough to make all the independent picture he likes until he dies.

That said, anti-Semetism is indeed not good. This kind of discrimination in general is abhorrent.

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 05:55 PM
well to think the jews they would basically humiliate him before anyhting

and thats what is happeneing

Hijrah
08-05-2006, 06:01 PM

you are funny

Hollywood makes fun of everyone ok

Lamaggad
08-05-2006, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Hollywood makes fun of everyone ok
they don't have limits in thier lifes, they don't have inviolable ... Everything is humiliated.

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 07:09 PM
so what is the latest news now on Mel??

any link

please

מדינת ישׂראל
08-07-2006, 02:36 AM
His dumb movie is coming out soon... i think its about aliens or something.

I wouldnt waste my time reading about it. I just saw the cover lol.

Keltoi
08-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Actually is new movie is about Mayans, which was filmed using the Mayan language.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-07-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Actually is new movie is about Mayans, which was filmed using the Mayan language.
There are people that still understand the ancient language of the Mayans?

lavikor201
08-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Actually sounds like a cool movie.

mujahedeen2087
08-09-2006, 07:31 AM
oh yeah it is over

Sis786
08-09-2006, 07:37 AM
lol No way this is all publicity you see he will make a comeback and it will be Big.....

bint_muhammed
08-09-2006, 03:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
lol the unforgivable crime... he should hav cursed the palestinians or something, he probably would hav got promoted instead...
thats what i was thinking!

Lamaggad
08-09-2006, 04:46 PM
i'm seen a report in the MSN news that Mel Gibson wants to apologies to the jewish comunity as he was drunk when he said that...

why would any one wants to judge a persone when he's drunk any way?!?!

people rape females while they are drunk and they don't loose thier Jobs or even be punished like what they have done to Mel Gibson.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
people rape females while they are drunk and they don't loose thier Jobs
If you rape a Female you will be sent to Jail if they can prove you did, so I think you actually would lose your job Lammagad. :giggling:

bint_muhammed
08-09-2006, 07:41 PM
what he said was unexcusable!

lavikor201
08-09-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
what he said was unexcusable!
Thank you. I agree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.