PDA

View Full Version : Isreal and Muslims



AvarAllahNoor
07-31-2006, 09:34 AM
I was watching a programme on TV in regard to the conflict between the muslims and jews. It's reported the reason so many americans (religious fanatics only) support the jews, is that according to the bible they are the chosen people and they play a great part in the second coming of Jesus. Because of this they will support Isreal in anyway they can be it money/weapons/ any method, is this true? and what are Jewish views on this as well as muslim views?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
07-31-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I was watching a programme on TV in regard to the conflict between the muslims and jews. It's reported the reason so many americans (religious fanatics only) support the jews, is that according to the bible they are the chosen people and they play a great part in the second coming of Jesus. Because of this they will support Isreal in anyway they can be it money/weapons/ any method, is this true? and what are Jewish views on this as well as muslim views?
:sl:
I think what it is saying about Christians is true, but most Christians aren't what you call 'fanatics'.

I think the Jewish view is either that the temple in Jerusalem has to be rebuilt for the Messiah to come, or that the Messiah has to come in order for the temple to be rebuilt.

And the Muslim view is that near the end times, the Jews would return to Israel, but soon there will be a huge war between the Muslims and the Jews. The Muslims will be victorious. I'm not sure whether the Muslim army will be led by the Mahdi (someone who will help the Messiah (pbuh)), or whether it will just be an ordinary army.
:w:
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
I think what it is saying about Christians is true, but most Christians aren't what you call 'fanatics'.

I think the Jewish view is either that the temple in Jerusalem has to be rebuilt for the Messiah to come, or that the Messiah has to come in order for the temple to be rebuilt.

And the Muslim view is that near the end times, the Jews would return to Israel, but soon there will be a huge war between the Muslims and the Jews. The Muslims will be victorious. I'm not sure whether the Muslim army will be led by the Mahdi (someone who will help the Messiah (pbuh)), or whether it will just be an ordinary army.
:w:
When you say soon, does that mean the conflict that's now errupted in the middle east? As that's quite full-on. I'd love to know!

Off topic i know, but why would God favour Jews over muslims if Islam is the right path? ;D
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-31-2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.therefinersfire.org/chosen_peoples.htm
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
adi8putra
07-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Off topic i know, but why would God favour Jews over muslims if Islam is the right path? ;D
what's so funny about that? the jews is so favoured by God bcoz God has bestowed among them soooo.... many prophets. But, that certainly is not something to be admirable since it only shows on the wickedness of the Jewish people. infact, throughout their history they hv been expelled from many countries. not only that, they r known 2 killed their own prophets for whatever reason best known only to them. the facts is, if they r really a God fearing people, than surely one prophet is enuff!....:rollseyes
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-31-2006, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by adi8putra
what's so funny about that? the jews is so favoured by God bcoz God has bestowed among them soooo.... many prophets. But, that certainly is not something to be admirable since it only shows on the wickedness of the Jewish people. infact, throughout their history they hv been expelled from many countries. not only that, they r known 2 killed their own prophets for whatever reason best known only to them. the facts is, if they r really a God fearing people, than surely one prophet is enuff!....:rollseyes
But, in the eyes of God we are all his children, so why would he favour only the jews? I find it very difficult to fathom!
Reply

Fishman
07-31-2006, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
When you say soon, does that mean the conflict that's now errupted in the middle east? As that's quite full-on. I'd love to know!

Off topic i know, but why would God favour Jews over muslims if Islam is the right path? ;D
:sl:
No, it's probably not the conflict that is happening now. But Muhammad (pbuh) did predict some other very acurate things, such as predicting the name of the person who conquered Constantinople.

I don't think that Islam values any race over any other. One reason for sending so many important messengers to Israel is because it's in the Middle East, a crossroad between many cultures and peoples. Because the Jews broke their covenant when they plotted to kill Jesus (pbuh), however, Allah decided to send the final Messenger (pbuh) to Arabia instead.

But, in the eyes of God we are all his children, so why would he favour only the jews? I find it very difficult to fathom!
Islam doesn't view humans as the children of God. The Quran says:
Both the Jews and the Christians say: ''We are the sons and daughters of Allah, and His beloved.'' Say: ''Why then does he punish you for your sins? Nay, you are but men,- of the men that He has created: He forgives whom He pleases and punishes whom He pleases: and to Allah belongs the dominion of the Heavens and the Earthm and all that is between: and unto Him is the final goal (of all).''(5.18, Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation)
:w:
Reply

AvarAllahNoor
07-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
No, it's probably not the conflict that is happening now. But Muhammad (pbuh) did predict some other very acurate things, such as predicting the name of the person who conquered Constantinople.

I don't think that Islam values any race over any other. One reason for sending so many important messengers to Israel is because it's in the Middle East, a crossroad between many cultures and peoples. Because the Jews broke their covenant when they plotted to kill Jesus (pbuh), however, Allah decided to send the final Messenger (pbuh) to Arabia instead.


Islam doesn't view humans as the children of God. The Quran says:

:w:
What does Islam view humans to be?
Reply

Fishman
07-31-2006, 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
What does Islam view humans to be?
:sl:
We were created to worship Allah and be his servants and slaves. There might be something else as well, to do with looking after the world, but that's all I know for sure.
:w:
Reply

Ann
07-31-2006, 11:42 AM
I think the reason so many Americans support Israel and Jews is because of the growing fear of muslims. Most americans I know (and I am american also) have little or no real knowledge of Islam. Ignorace breeds fear, fear breeds hatred. The average american gets his information about islam and muslims from news broadcasts were the word "muslim" is invariably followed immediately by the word "terrorist". Rather than go out and read a book or two and educate themselves about islam as I did... most americans will just listen to whatever propoganda the media dishes out From what Ive seen on tv so far 95% of news broadcasts portray Israel as the good guy and the lebonese soldiers as ..yet again..."terrorists". No suprise to me though since the networks are owned by ppl who are big Bush supports and dontate loads of money to his political party each year. Luckily we still have a handful of radio and tv news programs whose reports arent so one sided.

http://infowars.net/articles/july2006/290706Force.htm
Reply

Ann
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
ok .. well maybe this article is onesided...but at least it shows the "other" side and not the side of the main stream major network media ...

http://infowars.net/articles/july200...6Terrorist.htm
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 01:20 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-25-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 12:12 AM
  5. Replies: 87
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 03:17 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!