/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Important lessons

aamirsaab
12-17-2004, 06:09 PM
asalam to all

How much islam has changed throughout the years

after having some thought i have come to the conclusion that since the prophet (PBUH) passed away, islam has become different- well the muslim community has at least. Islam has been devided - this shows that there is less unity in our religion when there shouldnt be as islam is all about unity. it greatly disturbs me to see how hard the prophet (pbuh) had to work - how kind he was etc. and now i see muslims commiting unlawful acts, behaving like the kafir etc. i know that some of us live around kaifr and have grown up with them but we should never forget who we are: muslims
and as such we should be the best people on earth - all of our ancestors were related to the prophet(pbuh).

It is clear to me now that although not every muslim is devided, a majority is. i am unsure exactly what we can do as whole to stop this from happening again but i know what i can do - inshalla i shall teach my children all that i have learnt and keep them close to islam - i do not want to see islam turned into dust by the very people who worship it - it is unfair on the prophet for he had sacrificed so much and it is unfair to our ancestors - they have done so much for us and we take a lot of it for granted e.g. maths, brail, science. The muslims were all good at these subjects and made them what they are today.

The lesson to be learnt here is that we should not take things for granted and we should thank allah for all that he has given us. Also, we should respect the teachings and try to be more like the prophet(pbuh). i know that this can become difficult at times but as long as we have faith in allah then i believe He will have faith in us.

:sl: brothers/sisters

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Khaldun
12-17-2004, 10:22 PM
:sl:

Soo true brother, its a sad truth...Personally I think I know parts of the problem ( lol dont want to act knowledgable at all :D ) but just as a personal comment.

Maybe you have noticed that if you sacrifice your time for something then that something becomes precious to you. For an example you sacrifice your time in order that you may revise for your exams, thus the love for succeding in your exams become evident. It will be on your mind all the time. Similarly if you get something for granted, you will certainly not value it as much, a good example would be your eyesight your hearing etc. You do not value these, unless you loose them or ponder very hard (as many ppl don't sadly..)

This is the same for Islam. The prophet (salalahu alyhe wa salam) and his companions did not get faith "free", they had to fight for their islam, many of them got martyred. Bilal (may Allah be pleased with him) was dragged through the streets of makkah on his bare back! still he kept saying "Ahad" "Ahad"....These are the people that when the prophet (salalahu alyhe wa salam) urged them to give in the cause of Allah (Fi Sabililah) Umar bin Al Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him) gave half of all his wealth, and Abu Bakr Sidiq (May Allah be pleased with him) came with everything he had, when asked what he left for his family he gave the reply "Allah and His Messenger"...Allahu Akbar!

Through their sacrifice the love for Islam entered their hearts, whereas if you look at the ummah today...what have we done to deserve our faith? Where we asked if we wanted to become muslims? Did we sign a contract? Pay any given amount? NO!
and this is why muslims take their religion for granted. If you look at converts/reverts to islam...they are steadfast upon the religion why? because they had to sacrifice the wordly pleasures in order to become muslims. I hope that we muslims wake up from our deep sleep and worship Allah in the way He has prescribed for us...not only on Fridays for Jummah...not only during Ramadan...not only when we feel like it...but rather as the prophet (salalahu alyhe wa salam) has shown us.

hope it makes sense ;)

Muhammad
09-01-2005, 02:11 PM

Masha'Allaah beautiful reminders :'(

:w:

Safa
09-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Assalam o Alaikum,
MashaAllah these are important reminders.

It seems that some of us have become so busy with our lives that we don't even think about setting some time aside for ebadah. If ebadah was our number one priority we would leave our daily activities aside and take some time to pray for example or make dhikr.

Wa'salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SolaceinIslam
09-02-2005, 06:30 AM

In my opinion, we all try to do the essential requirements of Islam, but we forget about other basics such as the importance of the sunnah of the Prophet. The reward for reviving a sunnah of the Prophet in times like these is equal to that of one martyr. By following the example of the Prophet one cannot help but be drawn into the religion more.

We should go back to basics and follow the example set by the Prophet in everything.

We don't focus on Islam enough, there are tooo many other things occupying our minds. We sometimes think this and that is important, but at the end of the day what is most important in life is our Iman and our adherence to the Quran and Sunnah.

Just my two cents...

:w:

Umm Yoosuf
06-06-2007, 08:08 PM
:salamext:

Subhan Allah! I know this thread was made such a long time, but it has an important message in it. Makes you wonder how much you strieve for the pleasure of Allah, such the the sahabah. Compared to them we are nothing. How amny of even know about their lifes? How many of us take them as examples? Some of them were promised paradise yet, they cried day and night out of fear of Allah. 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab had to marks in eyes due to his crying so much. What about you and I today? How many of us cry out of fear of Allah? Such is our situation today, we are so lost.

:wasalamex

Kittygyal
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Salamualikum.
Om... am lost for words SUBHNALLAH!!! WHAT A SOLID THREAD INDEED FROM A VERY UNREASONABLE PERSON.

Ma'assalama

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.