/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UN Humanitarian Chief angry at 'Cowardly Blending'

lavikor201
07-31-2006, 05:32 PM
A day after criticizing Israel for "disproportionate" strikes against civilians, U.N. humanitarian chief Jan Egeland accused Hezbollah of "cowardly blending" among Lebanese civilians.

"Consistently, from the Hezbollah heartland, my message was that Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending ... among women and children," Egeland said.

"I heard they were proud because they lost very few fighters and that it was the civilians bearing the brunt of this. I don't think anyone should be proud of having many more children and women dead than armed men.

http://www.damianpenny.com/archived/007096.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
07-31-2006, 05:35 PM
Israel has shown footage of Hezbollah trucks firing off their missiles and then retreating into civilian structures and areas. There is no way Israel can fight Hezbollah and win the war of images, Hezbollah knows this very well.

lavikor201
07-31-2006, 05:39 PM
There have been plenty of images taken by Australian reporters of Hezbollah firing there rockets near mosques, schools, and houses with residents inside, and then basically hiding behind the people who they claim to 'protect'.

Geronimo
07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
There have been plenty of images taken by Australian reporters of Hezbollah firing there rockets near mosques, schools, and houses with residents inside, and then basically hiding behind the people who they claim to 'protect'.
Living in Haifa I'm glad you are ok. What are you doing to keep safe?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
07-31-2006, 06:04 PM
I do not live in the part of the city where the rockets are coming down often, but I have family that do, and they have been living in a bomb shelter for a week or so, and preparing to come move in with me and my family because it is very hot, and hard to breathe down there.

Geronimo
07-31-2006, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I do not live in the part of the city where the rockets are coming down often, but I have family that do, and they have been living in a bomb shelter for a week or so, and preparing to come move in with me and my family because it is very hot, and hard to breathe down there.
Well I'll pray for the safety of you and your family. It probably isn't much consolation but Israel has the support of the US.

Keltoi
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
I guess there aren't any anti-missile weapons such as the Patriot to knock down these missiles before they hit. There cannot be a real cease-fire unless Israeli cities are out of range for Hezbollah rocket attacks.

ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 09:46 PM
Hezbollah loves to use 'cease fires' to prepare for the next war and recruit more young brainwashed kids to go die for there causes while they get rich of the donations they get from Iran.

Its pretty easy to get a few poor homeless kids some food and start teaching them at 3 about hating Israel and giving your life for there cause and how they will get virgins in heaven.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.