/* */

PDA

View Full Version : panaroma investigates how islamic charities helped terrorism

Helena
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
:sl:

yesterday i was watching panoroma, the topic was based on how interpal(islamic charity organisation) helped terrorism....this is utterly awful, astagfirulla... wots next i wonder?

the links are here which u can view it:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ma/5209466.stm

also you can view the video:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/default.stm

let me here ur views inshalah....

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 02:34 AM
I think it is rarely addressed by people and I applaud you for bringing this to our attention. Supporting terrorism and charity is deceptive practice which should make people question the motives behind the organizations.

Abdul Fattah
08-03-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm confused here for a second. Didn't hamas change into a politecal movement that got elected in palestine? Or did this happen prior to it. Soem European goverments even wanted to give charity to palestine goverment, but wasn't alowed to do so due to Hamas being considered terroristic by Israel and America. So they were seeking for other methods to support them anyway. So are these European goverments terrorists to?

Helena
08-03-2006, 09:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
I'm confused here for a second. Didn't hamas change into a politecal movement that got elected in palestine? Or did this happen prior to it. Soem European goverments even wanted to give charity to palestine goverment, but wasn't alowed to do so due to Hamas being considered terroristic by Israel and America. So they were seeking for other methods to support them anyway. So are these European goverments terrorists to?
agree wid u....arent hamas a democratic party that was elected by the ppl in palestine..arent they a political group...

am actually appauled by the BBC and panaroma to bring this up worldwide, at this time...which is shameful...

the programme itself was bias and judgemental....hardly any prove...and just deciding interpal is supporting terrorist.... interpal are simply a charity group that help ppl around the world.....

yesterday on islam channel, a programme was held which made matters clear and showed there werent any links or such with terrorism....

Panorama have made a documentary alleging links between Hamas and the charity Interpal. This could be an attempt to demonise Islam, Interpal, Hamas and Palestinians. MPACUK have been warning about this documentary and the journalist John Ware for a few months.
how a UK charity's donations have helped build support for Hamas, which is regarded by Europe and America as a terrorist organisation.

John Ware investigates the London-based charity Interpal which gives funds to charities on the West Bank which help needy Palestinians. Panorama reveals some of these charities are linked to Hamas and help build support for the movement by spreading its Islamist ideology.

John Ware visits two charities in the Hebron area which get funds from Interpal, including the Dura Islamic Society for Orphans, whose director Hashem Rjoub is a Hamas supporter.

Interpal categorically denies it is helping to build support for the Hamas movement behind the banner of humanitarian aid. Interpal has been investigated twice by the Charity Commission in the UK which found no evidence of inappropriate activity."

May Allah SWT protect the ummah, ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
scentsofjannah
08-03-2006, 12:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
I think it is rarely addressed by people and I applaud you for bringing this to our attention. Supporting terrorism and charity is deceptive practice which should make people question the motives behind the organizations.

I also hope you mean charities that go directly towards the illegal settlements, they should be investigated too. Israel accused OXFAM, Christian Aid and even the E.U of funding terrorist activities in Palestine, the E.U was even called a 'terrorist entity' by none other than Israel ..those charities were throughly investigated by the Charity Commision here in the UK and exonerated..including Interpal thrice (the charity in question) yet that man Jonathan Ware continues to peddle his lies.

I thought the programme was really irrational..did you see how he was so disturbed by the Hamas flags? did he forget the palestinian people voted for Hamas and that Hamas is now in power? selective memory or what!..so Hamas flags flapping here or there shouldnt alarm him.

There was an excellent discussion about this very programme on the Islam Channel..they had an interesting panel that included the Charity Commsioner (who was interviewed in the BBC programme) as well as representatives of Interpal, British journalist Laura something who supports Interpal and Liberal Democrat MP (sorry cant remember the names) check for a repeat and watch it for those of you who are interested in knowing the full picture then you can view Islam Channel free on the net too www.islamchannel.tv

heres a statement by INTERPAL (the featured British Charity)

http://www.interpal.org/news/Stateme..._Interpal.html

Panorama on Interpal "wholly unbalanced and incomplete picture"

The Chairman of Trustees of British charity Interpal has called the BBC Panorama programme Faith, hate and charity, a "wholly unbalanced and incomplete picture". Speaking after viewing the programme, Ibrahim Hewitt called into question the BBC's decision to broadcast this edition of the supposed flagship of the corporation's current affairs output on the day that Israeli missiles killed 54 civilians – most of them children – in Qana and Israel was under increasing pressure over its military action in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.

"We are extremely concerned that the Panorama production team appears to have gone out with a pre-set thesis and made a programme to suit a particular political agenda," said Mr. Hewitt. "There is a severe imbalance inherent in the content that gives the lie to the claim that this is responsible investigative journalism. In giving viewers an incomplete narrative, they have been left with a distorted picture of the truth, without which it is impossible to reach balanced and reasoned conclusions."

By way of illustration, Mr. Hewitt drew attention to the remarks of the spokesman from the US Treasury, interviewed by reporter John Ware, who expressed his purported "bewilderment" at the Charity Commission's 2003 decision to unfreeze Interpal's accounts in the wake of the Bush administration's designation of Interpal as a "terrorist entity". What the programme completely failed to point out, however, was that the Charity Commission did at the time give the US Treasury ample opportunity to provide evidence for its decision to brand Interpal as a "terrorist entity", but the US authorities were unable and unwilling to do so.

Mr. Hewitt also pointed out that the Trustees did not decline to be interviewed for the programme, as alleged by John Ware. One of the Trustees gave many hours of his time to Mr. Ware's questioning off-camera, but the BBC refused to agree to Interpal's request that any such interview should be shown in full and live, or recorded as live, and not subject to what the Trustees feared would be selective and unbalanced editing. These fears arose out of a similarly unbalanced and controversial edition of Panorama concerning the Muslim Council of Britain, which was broadcast last year and was produced by the same BBC team, giving rise to fears throughout the Muslim community as to the unfair and unrepresentative manner in which these programmes are researched and reported. Last night's broadcast demonstrated that these fears remain well-founded.

In closing, Mr. Hewitt said, "All charities working in war zones face attempts to drag them into the political arena, and Interpal is no exception. This is not the first time that we have been accused of unlawful activity and it will probably not be the last, and the allegations contained in the Panorama programme are nothing new. Only last year, the Trustees of Interpal won an out-of-court libel settlement from the Board of Deputies of British Jews, despite the Board of Deputies committing vast financial resources to the litigation and garnering support from Israel and the USA.

Accusations such as those contained in the Panorama programme should not divert us from the very real humanitarian needs of Palestinians and our entirely lawful efforts to alleviate their suffering. As we have made clear repeatedly, Interpal is politically neutral in the collection and distribution of funds as is required by Charity Commission guidelines governing the operation of charities in this country. In addition, as a charity committed to relieving hardship and suffering, we have never supported and will never support – any terrorism or illegal activities. We will continue to cooperate fully with the UK authorities including the Charity Commission in any enquiries they may wish to raise with us and to grant them unfettered access to our records, as we have always done to-date."

This matter is now in the hands of Interpal's legal advisers, Carter-Ruck.

ends

No charity can be guilty unless someone brings evidence that shows them diverting funds for illicit purposes, inciting violence, or funding Hamas' military wing.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
I also hope you mean charities that go directly towards the illegal settlements, they should be investigated too. Israel accused OXFAM, Christian Aid and even the E.U of funding terrorist activities in Palestine, the E.U was even called a 'terrorist entity' by none other than Israel ..those charities were throughly investigated by the Charity Commision here in the UK and exonerated..including Interpal thrice (the charity in question) yet that man Jonathan Ware continues to peddle his lies.
Yes, I would apply this to any organization involved in terrorism.

Skillganon
08-03-2006, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Yes, I would apply this to any organization involved in terrorism.
What about the inland revenue, your tax that goes to goverment who wages war against other people. In these day definition it is called terrorism, and I am talking about our goverment in the west.

Alas we have no way of ovoiding paying tax for wars. In U.S I think it is possible.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
What about the inland revenue, your tax that goes to goverment who wages war against other people. In these day definition it is called terrorism, and I am talking about our goverment in the west.

Alas we have no way of ovoiding paying tax for wars. In U.S I think it is possible.

It would depend on your definition of terrorism. If I felt my government was aiding terrorism, there would be little that I could do to prevent my tax dollars from being taken. It would be easier to monitor my contributions to charities.

Skillganon
11-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Islam Channel Special Debate

In response to Panorama documentary ‘Faith, hate and charity’

The Panels Views hosted by Carl Arrindell

>>[Watch]<<

GARY
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
If a charity has been found to be supporting terrorist groups, then it should be shut down. It's funds should be divided among charities that have similiar causes to what the donors 'thought' they were giving for.

Chuck
11-14-2006, 07:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GARY
If a charity has been found to be supporting terrorist groups, then it should be shut down. It's funds should be divided among charities that have similiar causes to what the donors 'thought' they were giving for.
I agree 100%, but in this case this documentary against Interpal would fall into fictitious evidence.

Umar001
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Terrorist this and terrorist that!

Thanks for the links though Im gonna have something to watch during my dinner!

P.s. Sister Haji Helena I like your sig LOL

Helena
11-14-2006, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Terrorist this and terrorist that!

Thanks for the links though Im gonna have something to watch during my dinner!

P.s. Sister Haji Helena I like your sig LOL
LOL bro issaabullah....i wonder who made it? shall i ask the person to make u one?

jazaks for the links...have seen the live programme when this occurred!!!!

Umar001
11-14-2006, 10:21 PM
The links aint working for me man! I tried to go to the one about the Islamic thing and it says java dont work :(

IzakHalevas
11-14-2006, 11:01 PM
arent hamas a democratic party that was elected by the ppl in palestine..arent they a political group...
That does not recongnize Israel, and is opposed to any type of peace process. When you support Hamas you are in essence supporting the continuation of the cycle of violence in the Middle East.

aamirsaab
11-15-2006, 04:23 PM
:sl:
format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas
When you support Hamas you are in essence supporting the continuation of the cycle of violence in the Middle East.
I could say the same about a vast number of other political organisations/parties.

Isma'el
11-15-2006, 04:44 PM
NVA TRUST THE BBC
Bunch of BULL****ters

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.