/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how should I behave with my lesbian sister?

abd77
07-31-2006, 08:36 PM
Salam aleikum,

I have a real problem:
my family is not muslim, and I learnt a few days ago that my sister now lives with a girl, and they're more than just friends.
I've told her that I disaproved, but how should I behave with her?

Should I avoid her completely as someone told me, should I stop talking to her, should I still talk to her but stay cold, or act normal as before?
I haven't found any hadiths about this situation, please tell me what I should do.

Thanx in advance,
Abdelrahman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mlsh27
07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
This is just my opinion, but she is still your sister right? You can tell her that you don't approve of her choices, but you can still say that you love her. As long as she knows how you feel, then your work is done and let her be your normal sister again.

chacha_jalebi
07-31-2006, 08:40 PM
salaam

brother there are many hadiths about gays :p, and even ayahs in the Quran, i,e - the story of Hadhrat Lut (as), and gayness is strictly a no no in islam!

if shes not muslim, then you should jus talk 2 her on a social level, but also try 2 tlk 2 her bout islam because inshallah 1 day she will believe!! :D, now now act with her as you would, but let her no that your not happy with her because of her relationships & jus tel her what u feel bout it, see wot she says:D i hope it all goes tick tock 4 u bro ameen:D:D

- Qatada -
07-31-2006, 08:41 PM
:wasalamex

I think you should check these fatwas out insha'Allaahu ta'aala:

Abnormal relationship between women
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=lesbian

The punishment for lesbianism
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=lesbian

Homosexuality:
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?pg...glist=0&ln=eng

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Salah ad-din
07-31-2006, 09:09 PM
The Prophet(saw) taught us to have close relationships with our kith and kin. Explain to your sister that it's not right. You can only bring the donkey to the well. You can not force it to drink water out of the well.

DigitalStorm82
08-01-2006, 01:36 AM
Asalamu Alaikum,

Her biggest sin is that she doesn't believe in Allah.

Focus on that first.

May Allah make it easy on you and may Allah show her the right path, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

abd77
08-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Barakahufik for your answers,
:w:

Snowflake
08-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Salam Bro,

Those are good links - courtesy of Fi bro. Do check them out.

Other than that, you mustn't break ties with your sister. There are numerous hadith and Quranic verses which forbid a person from doing so. Allah swt, has cursed, in the Quran anyone guilty of this.

Surah Muhammad, Ayat No.22-23
"But if you held command, you were sure to make mischief in the land and cut off the ties of kinship. Those it is whom Allah has cursed, so He has made them deaf and blinded their eyes."

The Worst Deed in the Eyes of Allah

A man approached the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) and enquired, "What is the worst deed in the eyes of Allah?"

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) replied,
"To attribute partners to Allah."

The man then asked, "After this which is the worst sin?"
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) said: "To sever relations".

After this the same person asked, "After this which is the worst sin?"
The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) replied:
"To enjoin the evil and to forbid the good (deeds)."

The Holy Prophet (s.a.w.s.) says:
"Do not sever relation with your kindered even if they cut off relations with you." (Al Kafi)

I can understand how difficult all this must be for you. But your sister's actions are her own to answer for. However this does not mean she can blantantly throw her sexuality around in other peoples faces. You can request that she visits you alone and you will be more than happy to see her but that you won't go to meet her where her 'partner' is present.

Remember that not all of the prophet's (pbuh) relatives accepted Islam and therefore remained disbelievers til the end. But the Prophet didn't sever relations with them. What could be worst than denying Allah. Let her know that you love and care for her, but wouldn't feel comfortable going to her place or her coming to yours with her partner. If she is offended by that then just tell her that your doors are always open for her and she is welcome any time. That way you won't be guilty of severing ties with her and incuring sin upon yourself.

best of luck inshaAllah,

wa'alaikum aslam

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 07:07 PM
I'm not an expert on Islamic rulings so what I'm gonna say next is only my personal pinon.
Just wanted to make that clear before Is stated my opinion.
I think avoiding her is the worst thing you could do. It would mean you give up on her. And not only do you give up on her in trying to guide her, but you even drive her away from the right guidance since she will then think Islam is narrowminded and stupid, and cost her her sister. So as long as she's not a bad influence on you (I doubt it such a thing is contageous :) ), there is no reason for you to isolate her. And there's a lot of reasons not to isolate her. You might think it's imposible to convince her, but make dua that Allah makes her heart weak for Islam. and if your dua's are answered, you will be the best person to guide her inshallah.

chacha_jalebi
08-01-2006, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah ad-din
The Prophet(saw) taught us to have close relationships with our kith and kin. Explain to your sister that it's not right. You can only bring the donkey to the well. You can not force it to drink water out of the well.
erm were not talking about bringin donkeys 2 wells 2 drink water :p this is a counsellin thin, not a well drinkin or donkey controllin session :p naa me messin

its true, you shouldnt cut ur relation with your sister, b like you would be normally, but let her know your not happy & let her know she is wrong, ovawise she would come out in the open :p also keep talking 2 her bout islam bro!! hope it works out 4 ya

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.