/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Raise readiness, Assad tells Syrian Army

Hashim_507
07-31-2006, 10:58 PM
DAMASCUS (Reuters) - Syrian President Bashar al-Assad told the Syrian military on Monday to raise its readiness, pledging not to abandon support for Lebanese resistance against Israel. "We are facing international circumstances and regional challenges that require caution, alert, readiness and preparedness," Assad said.

"The barbaric war of annihilation the Israeli aggression is waging on our people in Lebanon and Palestine is increasing in ferocity," Assad said in a written address on the occasion of the 61st anniversary of the foundation of the Syria Arab Army.

Diplomats in Damascus say the Syrian army has been on alert since the Israeli onslaught on Lebanon began on July 12 after Hizbollah fighters captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border operation.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ManchesterFolk
07-31-2006, 11:02 PM
That is very funny, I am sure that the Syrian President realizes that with the press of a button Israel could flatten Damascus and about the entire country of Syria. Heck Israel can just joy ride over the Syrian Presidential Palace at will.

The Syrian Goverment cannot be that stupid as to not realize that if they attack Israel they will be destroyed very quickly.

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 12:46 AM
I got a real laugh out of Syria's 'threat' also.

searcheroftruth
08-01-2006, 02:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
I got a real laugh out of Syria's 'threat' also.

arrogance will be your downfall never understimate your enemy

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
08-01-2006, 02:41 AM
It's been how long Israel pounding and invading lebanon? Why there are still Hezballah and Katyushas?

ManchesterFolk
08-01-2006, 03:02 AM
It's been how long Israel pounding and invading lebanon? Why there are still Hezballah and Katyushas?
If Israel wanted to it could completly wipe Lebonon off the map. It is trying not to kill civilians in a war where they are fighting an enemy which hides behind civilians.

If Syria actually used its Army, Not guerrilla fighters and attacked Israel, that would mean a real country vs. country war, and Israel would spare no thought in sending back to Syria what they intend to do to Israel.

Big difference when your fighting terrorists, and when your fighting an actual countries.

I am sure you are aware of the hundreds upon thousands of Jericho III Nuclear Bombs Israel holds in its Negev Silo's that could effectivly wipe out the whole Middle East. Hopefully Syria isn't foolish enough to actually attack Israel, and the world will be spared a Nuclear War.

north_malaysian
08-01-2006, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
I am sure you are aware of the hundreds upon thousands of Jericho III Nuclear Bombs Israel holds in its Negev Silo's that could effectivly wipe out the whole Middle East. Hopefully Syria isn't foolish enough to actually attack Israel, and the world will be spared a Nuclear War.
Israel have nuclear WMDs? Can Muslim country attack Israel first like USA did to Iraq?

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 03:08 AM
Actually officially Israel has no Nukes. :-)

But then again, Israel is a democracy where all citizens of any culture or religion can vote and run for office.

While in Iraq Saddam didn' wish to hold elections, and he spent his spare time testing Chemical Weapons on Kurds.

Keltoi
08-01-2006, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Israel have nuclear WMDs? Can Muslim country attack Israel first like USA did to Iraq?
That is actually a fairly good question, and gets to the heart of the Bush foreign policy approach. However, Israel hasn't made statements such like "Iran should be wiped off the map". Regardless of how one feels about Israeli policy, they have been responsible guardians of their nuclear stockpile. I believe the primary justification, in the minds of those who believed in a unilateral approach to war, is that Iraq was in direct violation of a cease-fire agreement, and that Saddam Hussein couldn't be trusted to be a responsible guardian of any nuclear program or stockpile. Doesn't quite answer the question successfully, but I believe that was the mindset about the issue.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.