/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The “Human Shield” LIE Exposed

scentsofjannah
08-01-2006, 01:04 PM
small excerpt

The TRUTH is that Hizbullah fights from their neighborhoods. They have no other option. After all, it is their country and they are defending it.

ISRAEL could invade the border with ground forces and attempt to attack Hizbullah selectively with very little Lebanese civilian casualties. But, that course of action results in high Israeli military casualties, which Israel is not willing to suffer.

Instead, they engage in a twisted racist and depraved cost/benefit analysis wherein they choose to KILL HUNDREDS of innocent Arab civilians by using overwhelming arial force rather than risk dozens of Israeli military lives.

continuation go here http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspo...e-exposed.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
guyabano
08-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Oh, why you don't tell that to somebody, who really lives there in Lebanon ?

http://www.islamicboard.com/429404-post13.html

And even worsier, you provide us with a link, which Background Picture is the symbol of the Illuminati Sect. Now Great !

scentsofjannah
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
theres no such 'sect' last i checked it was a secret society same as skulls and bones however just read whats in THAT page ...no ones holding a gun to your head telling you to believe everythng in that site..read the page , stick to the topic then COMMENT.

guyabano
08-01-2006, 05:18 PM
oh please do browse a little bit around about illuminati. The Pyramid with the eye on the top is the symbol of the sect of the illumiati. And even no need to read this website. Already knowing this fact is enough to put this website on "ignore"
hahahaha !

PS: Don't you realize that you are very ALONE with this sect stuff ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
oh please do browse a little bit around about illuminati. The Pyramid with the eye on the top is the symbol of the sect of the illumiati. And even no need to read this website. Already knowing this fact is enough to put this website on "ignore"
hahahaha !

PS: Don't you realize that you are very ALONE with this sect stuff ?
:sl:
You believe in the Illuminati? Lol!
:w:

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 05:20 PM
wakeupfromyourslumber.com???????

LOL! This is your credible source. How about the video and pictures of Hezbollah actually doing it!!!!!!!!!! Has it always been your nature to reject 100% evidence.

guyabano
08-01-2006, 05:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:
You believe in the Illuminati? Lol!
:w:

C'mon, does here ever somebody read a post? I don't believe, but "scentsofjannah", thats why she provide us this really "trustful" link ! :D

Hijrah
08-01-2006, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201

LOL! This is your credible source. How about the video and pictures of Hezbollah actually doing it!!!!!!!!!! Has it always been your nature to reject 100% evidence.
To accept that Hizbollah is using human sacrifices one must accept that Israel is (the [insert word meaning evil] zionist regime) willing to kill them, proving that israel is evil.

a NEWS web page is no more credible than this site...

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 05:29 PM
A news page is much more credible than wakeupfromyourslumber.com!!!!!

You must be crazy. A news page has correspondents on the ground. That site is a bunch of middle age conspiracy theorists who believe in the toothe fairy.

guyabano
08-01-2006, 05:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
To accept that Hizbollah is using human sacrifices one must accept that Israel is (the [insert word meaning evil] zionist regime) willing to kill them, proving that israel is evil.

a NEWS web page is no more credible than this site...
again, ..... ! Does here anybody read a post? Why don't you simply read this link, so you get your evidence !

wilberhum
08-01-2006, 07:48 PM
The TRUTH is that Hizbullah fights from their neighborhoods
So then it is not a lie.

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Why is everybody focussing on the source, sure it's a blog, so wheter or not illuminati is involved it's a single's person's opinion. But what about the arguments?
The TRUTH is that Hizbullah fights from their neighborhoods. They have no other option. After all, it is their country and they are defending it.

ISRAEL could invade the border with ground forces and attempt to attack Hizbullah selectively with very little Lebanese civilian casualties. But, that course of action results in high Israeli military casualties, which Israel is not willing to suffer.
That is the topic of the tread, not the credibility of the source. and it is something to stop and think about. why is hiding amongst civilians wrong? Because Israel kills the civilians as colleteral damage. So hiding behind civilians is wrong, not by default, but only because they should know better, and because Israel responds on it wrongly! No matter what the reason, in the end it's the Israeli army who's creating the lebanon victems. the israeli army choses not to care about civilian casultes, the Israelian army choses to fire the misiles anyway, the Israelian soldiers are pressing the buttons. Sure if hezbollah would retreat to the mountains, or even better report to the border and give their self up then their would be no need for those misiles. But that does not shift away the responsability of the Israelian army. You could compare it with the following situation.

1. If a criminal takes a hostage, and makes demands on the threath of killing the hostage.
2. And then killls the hostage because demands are not met.
3. The responsability of killing lies in teh criminal, not in the officials who fail to meet his demands.

1. If Israel wants to catch a terrorist group. and makes demands on the treath of killing of civilians.
2. And then kills civilians because hezbollah does not surrender.
3. The responsability of the victems lies at the Israelian army, not at Hezbollah for hiding in the wrong place.

I agree, they should know better, and not endanger civilians by hiding behind them. But that doesn't shift away the guilt of the Israelian army.

babybackribs
08-01-2006, 08:25 PM
U.N.- Hezbollah Are Cowards, To Blame For Civilian Deaths - 1 Week Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...ION=HOME&TEMPL ATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-07-24-18-23-02

Jul 24, 6:23 PM EDT

U.N. Exec Blames Hezbollah for Deaths

By LAUREN FRAYER
Associated Press Writer

BEIRUT, Lebanon (AP) -- The U.N. humanitarian chief accused Hezbollah on Monday of "cowardly blending" in among Lebanese civilians and causing the deaths of hundreds during two weeks of cross-border violence with Israel.

The militant group has built bunkers and tunnels near the Israeli border to shelter weapons and fighters, and its members easily blend in among civilians.

Jan Egeland spoke to reporters at Larnaca airport in Cyprus late Monday after visiting Lebanon to coordinate an international aid effort. On Sunday, he toured the rubble of Beirut's southern suburbs, a once-teeming Shiite district where Hezbollah had its headquarters.

During that visit, he condemned the killing and wounding of civilians by both sides and called Israel's offensive "disproportionate" and "a violation of international humanitarian law."

On Monday, he had strong words for Hezbollah, which crossed into Israel, captured two soldiers and killed eight others on July 12, triggering fierce fighting.

"Consistently, from the Hezbollah heartland, my message was that Hezbollah must stop this cowardly blending ... among women and children," he said. "I heard they were proud because they lost very few fighters and that it was the civilians bearing the brunt of this. I don't think anyone should be proud of having many more children and women dead than armed men."
"We need a cessation of hostilities because this is a war where civilians are paying the price," said Egeland, who was heading to Israel next.

At least 600,000 Lebanese have fled their homes, according to the World Health Organization. One estimate by Lebanon's finance minister putting the number at 750,000, nearly 20 percent of the population.

During his visit to Lebanon earlier Monday, Egeland issued an emergency appeal for $150 million to help Lebanon through the next three months. He told reporters in Beirut the money was needed to pay for food, health care, water and sanitation.

"Approximately 500,000 to 800,000 people have been affected by the conflict, of whom some have become displaced persons or refugees," a U.N. statement said.

The United Nations has contracted 100 trucks to deliver aid coming into Beirut around the country. Egeland said the U.N. hoped to send its first land convoy to Tyre on Wednesday. Similar convoys will be scheduled every second day after that. An international Red Cross convoy was expected in the city Monday.

Egeland said he was asking Israel for safe passage for aid ships to enter the northern port of Tripoli and the southern port of Tyre, which has been heavily bombarded. So far, Israel has loosened its sea blockade of Lebanon only to let ships in Beirut port.

"We're hopeful that in the course of this week, you'll see real progress on the ground. Lebanon has a right to be frustrated," he said.

He said the U.N. was also asking Israel to also guarantee safe passage throughout Lebanon.

Hundreds of thousands of refugees have flowed out of mainly Shiite regions - the south, the Bekaa and the crowded Shiite neighborhood of Beirut - crowding into cities including the southern port of Sidon, the remainder of Beirut and parts of the north and central mountains.

"We are particularly worried about the population in south Lebanon and the (eastern) Bekaa Valley. It's here that they're in the crossfire and from where they're being displaced," Egeland said.

Continued Israeli bombardment makes the aid mission risky.

"Only cessation of hostilities can make it safe for us and our humanitarian colleagues," Egeland said.

© 2006 The Associated Press.

Hezbollah are cowards. Even the U.N. says so. Now we'll hear people bad-mouth the U.N. but when it is to their convenience, they'll say the U.N. is honest and righteous.

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Actually it's the Israelian army who's the real coward. they are afraid to fight Hezbollah face to face. They just want to throw bombs at them from a distance, and then they say hezbollah is cowardous to try and hide from these missiles.
Okay..... :)

babybackribs
08-01-2006, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
Actually it's the Israelian army who's the real coward. they are afraid to fight Hezbollah face to face. They just want to throw bombs at them from a distance, and then they say hezbollah is cowardous to try and hide from these missiles.
Okay..... :)

Hezbollah has had six years to set traps along the border. Israel would be stupid to charge right in there on the ground. Hey, if you got artillery and jets, use them ! These are the tools of war. Use them or lose them.

wilberhum
08-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Actually it's the Israelian army who's the real coward. they are afraid to fight Hezbollah face to face.
I guess that's why Hezbollah stays in Civilian populated areas.

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babybackribs
Hezbollah has had six years to set traps along the border. Israel would be stupid to charge right in there on the ground. Hey, if you got artillery and jets, use them ! These are the tools of war. Use them or lose them.
yeah sure , use them
who cares about civilian victems anyway right?
It's more important not to lose soldiers in combat

babybackribs
08-01-2006, 09:02 PM
yeah sure , use them
who cares about civilian victems anyway right?
It's more important not to lose soldiers in combat

I didn't make the rules.

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I didn't say you did make the rules. I'm not pointing a finger at you, I'm pointing a finger at those who did make the rules: Israelian goverment.

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 09:09 PM
I didn't say you did make the rules. I'm not pointing a finger at you, I'm pointing a finger at those who did make the rules: Israelian goverment.
The "Israelian" Goverment? You must be kidding me.

The ISRAELI goverment did not start this. Hezbollah started this conflict by killing 8 and kidnaping 2... no they and the people who they hide behind like cowards are suffering the consequences.

babybackribs
08-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I think this one's on Hezbollah.

Hijrah
08-01-2006, 09:19 PM

The ISRAELI goverment did not start this. Hezbollah started this conflict by killing 8 and kidnaping 2... no they and the people who they hide behind like cowards are suffering the consequences.
the group which was formed by Israel occupying Lebansese Borders, sure Hezbollah's a bunch of psychopaths but so is Israel

I think this one's on both of 'em

Abdul Fattah
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM

The conflict was on it's turn the result of an earlyer conflict and eventually we'll get back to the unanswered post of another thread...
But regardless of this, that doesn't change anything to the accuracy of my statement: I didn't say you did make the rules. I'm not pointing a finger at you, I'm pointing a finger at those who did make the rules: Israelian goverment.

Note that in this sentence "the rules" are refering to the method of combating Hezbollah.

guyabano
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
C'mon Steve, accept the facts! Hezbollah build ****, now they get more **** !
Wasn't it inside the bible where it was written: When you seed a wind, you will harvest a storm??

I guess, it has been forgotten already, why all this started ! 2 jewish soldiers, kidnapped, forgotten???

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
C'mon, does here ever somebody read a post? I don't believe, but "scentsofjannah", thats why she provide us this really "trustful" link ! :D

Its a BLOG i never presented it as a 'news website' do you guys even know what a blog means..? look it up in the dictionary..that blogger could be a satanist for all i know, does that mean i believe in Satanism? haha and i really wouldnt care..that doesnt mean ofcourse everything that comes out of their mouth is lies and to be dismissed rightaway...its strange you mention Illuminati..its historical proven to have existed ...check wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati also this site http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07661b.htm also check the many links at the bottom..it was always a secret society..same as Skulls and Bones(George Bush, John Kerry, and many other presidents -and politicians are members of it)

Journalist Alexandra Robbins wrote a book on Skull and Bones in which she delved into the group's kinky secrets, just like in the movies! She described the group's initiation ritual to CBS News thusly:

There is a devil, a Don Quixote and a Pope who has one foot sheathed in a white monogrammed slipper resting on a stone skull. The initiates are led into the room one at a time. And once an initiate is inside, the Bonesmen shriek at him. Finally, the Bonesman is shoved to his knees in front of Don Quixote as the shrieking crowd falls silent. And Don Quixote lifts his sword and taps the Bonesman on his left shoulder and says, 'By order of our order, I dub thee knight of Euloga.' read more about it here
http://www.rotten.com/library/conspi...ull-and-bones/

Apart from presidents, Bones has included cabinet officers, spies, Supreme Court justices, statesmen and captains of industry - and often their sons, and lately their daughters, too.

It’s a social and political network like no other. And they've responded to outsiders with utter silence – until an enterprising Yale graduate, Alexandra Robbins, managed to penetrate the wall of silence in her book, “Secrets of the Tomb.” Correspondent Morley Safer reports.

”I spoke with about 100 members of Skull and Bones and they were members who were tired of the secrecy, and that's why they were willing to talk to me,” says Robbins. “But probably twice that number hung up on me, harassed me, or threatened me.”
Also read up more on the CBS 60 mins programme about this secret society (theres also a video tho it didnt work for me)
http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle5244.htm (source of the quote above from CBS )

To our Jewish brother here Lavikor

why isnt Israel shooting the Hezbollah rockets before they land in Israel? if its so worried about its civilians it would shoot them down since it has highly sophisticated weapons to do that? as this CNN anchor said http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspo...okeswoman.html (none of you are addressing what shes saying or what that blogger in the website in my first post is saying)

CNN anchor: “[Hizbullah’s rockets] are crude rockets, aren’t they? and after all, their impact has been minimal compared to the impact of Israeli strikes on Lebanon.

Explain something to us, why would you not try to be shooting these Katusha missiles, or rockets I should say – they’re not missiles at all - they’re rockets. Why would Israel not be trying to shoot them out of the sky? They have the capability to do that.
-----

They have the capability to do that

i want Guyabano, Lavikor, Gerinimo, Heigou to give us an intelligent answer.

It seems Israel has now decided to launch a ground offensive to root out Hezbollah militants..which was what the blogger said to should have done in the first place instead of bombings the entire country into smihterenes and destroying basic infrastructure etc

let me remind you

ISRAEL could invade the border with ground forces and attempt to attack Hizbullah selectively with very little Lebanese civilian casualties. But, that course of action results in high Israeli military casualties, which Israel is not willing to suffer http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com
but Israel i believe will step up the ground invasion as well the aerial bombardment ..it has realised though that it's impossible to root out Hezbollah from the air. Hezbollah is in the government...it has many members in the parliament..many Lebanese ministers support it eg the Lebanese Minister of Labour ( even though he isnt from Hezbollah)..many Lebanese people call it the Muqawammah ie the resistance..because they singlehandedly liberated much of Southern Lebanon after an 18 year Israeli occupation..to the Lebanese people they are their heroes and massive celebrations occured every where in Lebanon after the Israelis left.
that doesnt mean and mark my owrds please they are all happy it acted unilaterally in this case and this has been a big mistake(even i recognise that)..that doesnt change their status overnight from 'Muqawammah' to 'terrorists' in the eyes of the average lebanese and even people higher up in the government.

watch this video too http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspo...t-this-is.html it has a heavy metal song (lyrics on the same site) the video is called "You’re damned right this is disproportionate” ..want to know who said it..none other than Israel's Ambassador to the U.N 'in response to claims by some U.N member states'

taraaa

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 11:43 AM
C'mon Steve, accept the facts! Hezbollah build ****, now they get more **** !
Wasn't it inside the bible where it was written: When you seed a wind, you will harvest a storm??

I guess, it has been forgotten already, why all this started ! 2 jewish soldiers, kidnapped, forgotten???
Where were they when they got captured? inside Lebanese territories.

The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them. The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity
http://www.forbes.com/technology/fee...ap2873051.html

The Lebanese Shiite Hezbollah movement announced on Wednesday that its guerrillas have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. "Implementing our promise to free Arab prisoners in Israeli jails, our strugglers have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon," a statement by Hezbollah said. "The two soldiers have already been moved to a safe place," it added. The Lebanese police said that the two soldiers were captured as they "infiltrated" into the town of Aitaa al-Chaab inside the Lebanese border. [Hindustan Times 7/12/06] http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...6,00050004.htm

The Lebanese Hezbollah movement announced Wednesday the arrest of two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. Lebanese police said that the two soldiers were arrested as they entered the town of Aitaa al-Chaab inside the Lebanese border. Israeli aircraft were active in the air over southern Lebanon, police said, with jets bombing roads leading to the market town of Nabatiyeh, 60 kilometers south of Beirut Bahrain News Agency http://english.bna.bh/?ID=47348

TRANSLATION: According to the Lebanese police force, the two soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aïta Al-Chaab close to the border, whereas Israeli television indicated that they had been captured in Israeli territory. [fr.news.yahoo 7/12/06] http://fr.news.yahoo.com/12072006/20...tres-tues.html

According to the Lebanese police force, the two Israeli soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aïta Al-Chaab, near to the border with Israel, where an Israeli unit had penetrated in middle of morning. [AFP 7/12/06]

The militant group Hezbollah said it captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes across the border in southern Lebanon on Wednesday. [chinabroadcast 7/12/06] http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/2947/200...191@113428.htm

In the afternoon, the scene changed in the streets of southern Lebanon, which was the target of 32 Israeli raids that mainly targeted areas near the area where the two soldiers were captured in Aita al Chaab, close to the border with Israel. [news.monstersandcritics.com 7/12/06] http://news.monstersandcritics.com/m...uring_soldiers

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory. [Asia Times 7/15/06] http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG15Ak02.html

TRANSLATION: Hezbollah has made it clear time and again that it would retaliate by capturing and detaining Israeli soldiers if they entered Lebanon and use them in an exchange of prisoners. Israel has in a deliberate manner sent a commando into Lebanon (Aïta Al Chaab) They came under attack from Hezbollah, who captured two of their soldiers. [voltairenet.org 7/18/06] http://www.voltairenet.org/article142056.html

Only weeks ago, an entire reserve division was drafted in order to train for an operation such as the one the IDF is planning in response to Wednesday morning's Hizbullah attacks on IDF forces along the northern border. [JPost 7/12/06] http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...ticle/ShowFull

Israel's military response by air, land and sea to what it considered a provocation last week by Hezbollah militants is unfolding according to a plan finalized more than a year ago.

In the years since Israel ended its military occupation of southern Lebanon, it watched warily as Hezbollah built up its military presence in the region. When Hezbollah militants kidnapped two Israeli soldiers last week, the Israeli military was ready to react almost instantly. [SFGate 7/21/06] http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...type=printable

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2006/07/169834.php

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 11:46 AM

http://www.antiwar.com/frank/?articleid=9401

Kidnapped in Israel or Captured in Lebanon?

Official justification for Israel's invasion on thin ice
by Joshua Frank

As Lebanon continues to be pounded by Israeli bombs and munitions, the justification for Israel's invasion is treading on very thin ice. It has become general knowledge that it was Hezbollah guerillas that first kidnapped two IDF soldiers inside Israel on July 12, prompting an immediate and violent response from the Israeli government, which insists it is acting in the interest of national defense. Israeli forces have gone on to kill over 370 innocent Lebanese civilians (compared to 34 killed on Israel's side) while displacing hundreds of thousands more. But numerous reports from international and independent media, as well as the Associated Press, raise questions about Israel's official version of the events that sparked the conflict two weeks ago.

The original story, as most media tell it, goes something like this: Hezbollah attacked an Israeli border patrol station, killing six and taking two soldiers hostage. The incident happened on the Lebanese/Israel border in Israeli territory. The alternate version, as explained by several news outlets, tells a bit of a different tale: These sources contend that Israel sent a commando force into southern Lebanon and was subsequently attacked by Hezbollah near the village of Aitaa al-Chaab, well inside Lebanon's southern territory. It was at this point that an Israel tank was struck by Hezbollah fighters, which resulted in the capture of two Israeli soldiers and the death of six.

As the AFP reported, "According to the Lebanese police force, the two Israeli soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aitaa al-Chaab, near to the border with Israel, where an Israeli unit had penetrated in middle of morning." And the French news site www.VoltaireNet.org reiterated the same account on June 18, "In a deliberated way, [Israel] sent a commando in the Lebanese back-country to Aitaa al-Chaab. It was attacked by Hezbollah, taking two prisoners."

The Associated Press departed from the official version as well. "The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them," reported Joseph Panossian for AP on July 12. "The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity."

And the Hindustan Times on July 12 conveyed a similar account:

"The Lebanese Shi'ite Hezbollah movement announced on Wednesday that its guerrillas have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. 'Implementing our promise to free Arab prisoners in Israeli jails, our strugglers have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon,' a statement by Hezbollah said. 'The two soldiers have already been moved to a safe place,' it added. The Lebanese police said that the two soldiers were captured as they 'infiltrated' into the town of Aitaa al-Chaab inside the Lebanese border."

Whether factual or not, these alternative accounts should at the very least raise serious questions as to Israel's motives and rationale for bombarding Lebanon.

MSNBC online first reported that Hezbollah had captured Israeli soldiers "inside" Lebanon, only to change their story hours later after the Israeli government gave an official statement to the contrary.

A report from The National Council of Arab Americans, based in Lebanon, also raised suspicion that Israel's official story did not hold water and noted that Israel had yet to recover the tank that was demolished during the initial attack in question.

"The Israelis so far have not been able to enter Aitaa al-Chaab to recover the tank that was exploded by Hezbollah and the bodies of the soldiers that were killed in the original operation (this is a main indication that the operation did take place on Lebanese soil, not that in my opinion it would ever be an illegitimate operation, but still the media has been saying that it was inside 'Israel' thus an aggression first started by Hezbollah)."

Before independent observers could organize an investigation of the incident, Israel had already mounted a grisly offensive against Lebanese infrastructure and civilians, bombing Beirut's international airport, along with numerous highways and communication portals. Israel didn't need the truth of the matter to play out before it invaded Lebanon. As with the United States' illegitimate invasion of Iraq, Israel just needed the proper media cover to wage a war with no genuine moral impetus.

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 11:47 AM
would love some feedback from you Guyabano
:)

AvarAllahNoor
08-02-2006, 11:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah

a
They defend their people and country, that's the right of any country!

[I:GM] Forum
08-02-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
small excerpt

Instead, they engage in a twisted racist and depraved cost/benefit analysis wherein they choose to KILL HUNDREDS of innocent Arab civilians by using overwhelming arial force rather than risk dozens of Israeli military lives.

continuation go here http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspo...e-exposed.html

im not so sure

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Everyone has the right to defend their country , their honour, their dignity, their family, their loved ones..including the Israelis..but if we're to call ourselves religious people having a connection with the All Merciful, All Compassionate, EverWatching God..then we should know we shouldnt transgress the limits set by Him.

you donot defend your country by going into other countries like what Israel is doing now or what the U.S is doing in Iraq ..you dont travel halfway across the globe to do it..you do it from your land, you defend your borders, your seas, your airspace...thats the way it was done since time immemorial.

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Red Cross says NO HEZBOLLAH rockets fired from QANA

MIDEAST:
'No Hezbollah Rockets Fired from Qana'
Dahr Jamail

QANA, Aug 1 (IPS) - Red Cross workers and residents of Qana, where Israeli bombing killed at least 60 civilians, have told IPS that no Hezbollah rockets were launched from the city before the Israeli air strike.

The Israeli military has said it bombed the building in which several people had taken shelter, more than half of them children, because the Army had faced rocket fire from Qana. The Israeli military has said that Hezbollah was therefore responsible for the deaths.

"There were no Hezbollah rockets fired from here," 32-year-old Ali Abdel told IPS. "Anyone in this village will tell you this, because it is the truth."

Abdel had taken shelter in a nearby house when the shelter was bombed at 1 am. When the bombings finally let up in the morning, he went back to the bombed shelter to search for relatives.

He found his 70-year-old father and 64-year-old mother both dead inside.

"They bombed it, and afterwards I heard the screams of women, children, and a few men -- they were crying for help. But then one minute after the first bomb, another bomb struck, and after this there was nothing but silence, and the sound of more bombs around the village."

Masen Hashen, a 30-year-old construction worker from Qana who lost several family members in the air strike on the shelter, said there were no Hezbollah rockets fired from his village. "Because if they had done that now, or in the past, all of us would have left. Because we know we would be bombed."

Qana had been a shelter because no rockets were being fired from there, survivors said. "When Hezbollah fires their rockets, everyone runs away because they know an Israeli bombardment will come soon," Abdel said. "That is why everyone stayed in the shelter and nearby homes, because we all thought we'd be all right since there were no Hezbollah fighters in Qana."

Lebanese Red Cross workers in the nearby coastal city of Tyre told IPS that there was no basis for Israeli claims that Hezbollah had launched rockets from Qana.

"We found no evidence of Hezbollah fighters in Qana," Kassem Shaulan, a 28-year-old medic and training manager for the Red Cross in Tyre told IPS at their headquarters. "When we rescue people or recover bodies from villages, we usually see rocket launchers or Hezbollah fighters if they are there, but in Qana I can say that the village was 100 percent clear of either of those."

Another Red Cross worker, 32-year-old Mohammad Zatar, told IPS that "we can tell when Hezbollah has been firing rockets from certain areas, because all of the people run away, on foot if they have to."

While IPS was interviewing people in Qana at the site of the shelter Monday, Israeli warplanes roared overhead. Vibrations from nearby bombing rattled many buildings. At least three villages in southern Lebanon were attacked in Israeli air strikes Monday.

Following the international outcry over the air strike, Israel declared a 48-hour cessation of air strikes in order to carry out a military probe into the Qana killings.

Despite the false Israeli statement that it was halting its air strikes, Israeli Justice Minister Haim Ramon told Army Radio that the stoppage "does not signify in any way the end to the war."

Israel has rejected mounting international pressure to end the 20-day-old war against Hezbollah. The United Nations has indefinitely postponed a meeting on a new peacekeeping force for southern Lebanon.

While defending the Israeli air strike on the civilians in Qana, Israel's ambassador to the United Nations Dan Gillerman told the UN Security Council that Qana was "a hub for Hezbollah", and said that Israel had urged villagers to leave.

Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shimon Peres said in reply to questions in New York Monday that the bombing was "totally, totally its (Hezbollah's) fault." (END/2006)
http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=34186

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
Israeli Defense Forces : "No Rockets In Qana"

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/8/1/9336/35343 (includes Ha' retz news article)

Also check other links here http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2006/8/1/123442/5679

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
it a shame they fooled people like Heigou, Gerinimo, Guyabano , Keltoi etc

guyabano
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
it a shame they fooled people like Heigou, Gerinimo, Guyabano , Keltoi etc

guyabano
08-02-2006, 01:17 PM
would love some feedback from you Guyabano
:)
Well, feedback, well, how much you like?

First of all, I will not click on all those links, as they have absolutely no credibility. I just read newspaper websites, east as well as west to get a balanced impression. So, all what you write, pardon, copy/paste there is just waste of bandwidth. NOONE will ever read that, so why this effort ?
I exposed you to facts from real newspapers
Lara (who lives in Lebanon) give her real impression about the situation
I show up even some real pictures from hezbollah fighters sitting between civilians.

All what you bring up are crappy propaganda videos, NO pictures and bogus links.

Absolutely nothing to say ! ppfffffffffffffffffft ! hot air

guyabano
08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
..and oh, since you love "YouTube" Videos (hmm, was it you?), I going to put on higher: Watch this and this

Now, I'm eager to know, what cartoon webpage you going to show me now !
:D

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 01:44 PM
its from mainstream newspapers are you going to reject that?? well do so if that means you sleep better at night.

taraa:D

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 01:46 PM
..and oh, since you love "YouTube" Videos (hmm, was it you?), I going to put on higher: Watch this and this

Now, I'm eager to know, what cartoon webpage you going to show me now !
:D
SKY news dealt with that video..its analyst said the video is of ANOTHER PLACE not anywhere near the building that got hit heres the website again feel free to contact them www.skynews.com :)

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 01:47 PM
nice to see you also think the Red Cross workers and the villagers of Qana are liars not to mention the IDF :)

sameer
08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Where were they when they got captured? inside Lebanese territories.

The militant group Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes Wednesday across the border in southern Lebanon, prompting a swift reaction from Israel, which sent ground forces into its neighbor to look for them. The forces were trying to keep the soldiers' captors from moving them deeper into Lebanon, Israeli government officials said on condition of anonymity
http://www.forbes.com/technology/fee...ap2873051.html

The Lebanese Shiite Hezbollah movement announced on Wednesday that its guerrillas have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. "Implementing our promise to free Arab prisoners in Israeli jails, our strugglers have captured two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon," a statement by Hezbollah said. "The two soldiers have already been moved to a safe place," it added. The Lebanese police said that the two soldiers were captured as they "infiltrated" into the town of Aitaa al-Chaab inside the Lebanese border. [Hindustan Times 7/12/06] http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/1...6,00050004.htm

The Lebanese Hezbollah movement announced Wednesday the arrest of two Israeli soldiers in southern Lebanon. Lebanese police said that the two soldiers were arrested as they entered the town of Aitaa al-Chaab inside the Lebanese border. Israeli aircraft were active in the air over southern Lebanon, police said, with jets bombing roads leading to the market town of Nabatiyeh, 60 kilometers south of Beirut Bahrain News Agency http://english.bna.bh/?ID=47348

TRANSLATION: According to the Lebanese police force, the two soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aïta Al-Chaab close to the border, whereas Israeli television indicated that they had been captured in Israeli territory. [fr.news.yahoo 7/12/06] http://fr.news.yahoo.com/12072006/20...tres-tues.html

According to the Lebanese police force, the two Israeli soldiers were captured in Lebanese territory, in the area of Aïta Al-Chaab, near to the border with Israel, where an Israeli unit had penetrated in middle of morning. [AFP 7/12/06]

The militant group Hezbollah said it captured two Israeli soldiers during clashes across the border in southern Lebanon on Wednesday. [chinabroadcast 7/12/06] http://en.chinabroadcast.cn/2947/200...191@113428.htm

In the afternoon, the scene changed in the streets of southern Lebanon, which was the target of 32 Israeli raids that mainly targeted areas near the area where the two soldiers were captured in Aita al Chaab, close to the border with Israel. [news.monstersandcritics.com 7/12/06] http://news.monstersandcritics.com/m...uring_soldiers

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory. [Asia Times 7/15/06] http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/HG15Ak02.html

TRANSLATION: Hezbollah has made it clear time and again that it would retaliate by capturing and detaining Israeli soldiers if they entered Lebanon and use them in an exchange of prisoners. Israel has in a deliberate manner sent a commando into Lebanon (Aïta Al Chaab) They came under attack from Hezbollah, who captured two of their soldiers. [voltairenet.org 7/18/06] http://www.voltairenet.org/article142056.html

Only weeks ago, an entire reserve division was drafted in order to train for an operation such as the one the IDF is planning in response to Wednesday morning's Hizbullah attacks on IDF forces along the northern border. [JPost 7/12/06] http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...ticle/ShowFull

Israel's military response by air, land and sea to what it considered a provocation last week by Hezbollah militants is unfolding according to a plan finalized more than a year ago.

In the years since Israel ended its military occupation of southern Lebanon, it watched warily as Hezbollah built up its military presence in the region. When Hezbollah militants kidnapped two Israeli soldiers last week, the Israeli military was ready to react almost instantly. [SFGate 7/21/06] http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...type=printable

http://la.indymedia.org/news/2006/07/169834.php

They never really answered this post ....as the same in other threads....if they were to accept this...then they would have to admit Israel are the aggressors and they are wrong.
They would not accept anything that conflicts with their views.- no matter how much u try.

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 02:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
They never really answered this post ....as the same in other threads....if they were to accept this...then they would have to admit Israel are the aggressors and they are wrong.
They would not accept anything that conflicts with their views.- no matter how much u try.
true..they dont seek peace only war and hatred...they will gladly support Israel even if what it does is wrong and in clear breach of humanitarian laws...in their eyes the God's 'chosen' people can never do wrong.

Malcolm X ( May God have mercy on his soul) said to the White american 'patriots' 'You're not to be blinded with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it'

this saying would also apply to the reliigous nationalists who justify all atrocities done by their fellow believers.

Geronimo
08-02-2006, 02:18 PM
1. If a criminal takes a hostage, and makes demands on the threath of killing the hostage.
2. And then killls the hostage because demands are not met.
3. The responsability of killing lies in teh criminal, not in the officials who fail to meet his demands.

1. If Israel wants to catch a terrorist group. and makes demands on the treath of killing of civilians.
2. And then kills civilians because hezbollah does not surrender.
3. The responsability of the victems lies at the Israelian army, not at Hezbollah for hiding in the wrong place.
Your analogy is wrong. First off your responsibility is to the public at large not that hostage. If that criminal starts shooting everyone in sight it's is the responsibility of the police to take down that criminal even if the hostage get's killed. That's what Israel is doing.

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 02:23 PM
'Oops, Sorry' Doesn't Let Israel Off the Hook By Adam Shatz
Although Israel expressed "regret" for its "mistake," it justified the attack as a response to Hezbollah's firing of two Katyusha rockets and eight mortars from areas near the compound. The architect of Israel's "Operation Grapes of Wrath," Prime Minister Shimon Peres, argued that Hezbollah bore responsibility for the Qana disaster, claiming it cynically used civilians as human shields

Rather than limiting its strikes to key Hezbollah positions and pursuing all available diplomatic channels, as might be expected of a mature regional power with nuclear weapons, Israel launched a vengeful war on Lebanon, which, it has since been reported, was planned over a year in advance. It has displayed a callous disregard for human life, for Lebanon's infrastructure (which only in recent years had begun to recover from Israel's 1982 invasion), for the stability of Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora's fragile government and for the country's natural environment, now facing an ecological catastrophe from an oil spill caused by the bombing. An estimated 750 Lebanese, overwhelmingly civilians and many of them children, have died, a dozen times more than the 50-plus Israelis (more than half of them soldiers) killed by Hezbollah.

Whole article here http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...-pe-california

Geronimo
08-02-2006, 02:25 PM
true..they dont seek peace only war and hatred...they will gladly support Israel even if what it does is wrong and in clear breach of humanitarian laws...in their eyes the God's 'chosen' people can never do wrong.

Malcolm X ( May God have mercy on his soul) said to the White american 'patriots' 'You're not to be blinded with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong no matter who does it or says it'

this saying would also apply to the reliigous nationalists who justify all atrocities done by their fellow believers.
Brother Malcolm Shabazz also learned the error of his ways after he took the Hajj and realized that he can work with the white man. That it was wrong to focus on skin color that he prayed with other muslims that were bolnde hair blue eyed.

sameer
08-02-2006, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Geronimo
Brother Malcolm Shabazz also learned the error of his ways after he took the Hajj and realized that he can work with the white man. That it was wrong to focus on skin color that he prayed with other muslims that were bolnde hair blue eyed.
:rollseyes

scentsofjannah
08-02-2006, 03:11 PM

this is indeed 'new' information *yawns* and how is he your brother?..he was for peace ..you're a warmonger who justifies aparthied.

guyabano
08-02-2006, 03:23 PM
Your analogy is wrong. First off your responsibility is to the public at large not that hostage. If that criminal starts shooting everyone in sight it's is the responsibility of the police to take down that criminal even if the hostage get's killed. That's what Israel is doing.
Never mind Geronimo! You will not change pighead people! This thread lead nowhere so I'm out of this. I'm tired dealing with narrow-minded people, as if they act like children !

guyabano
08-02-2006, 03:26 PM
SKY news dealt with that video..its analyst said the video is of ANOTHER PLACE not anywhere near the building that got hit heres the website again feel free to contact them www.skynews.com :)
and the list goes on. You are not able to provide me only one serious direct link. NOT ONLY ONE! in the whole thread.
as I said, thin air ........... ppfffffffffffffffft

Can't accept a defeat, right?

sameer
08-02-2006, 03:28 PM
Never mind Geronimo! You will not change pighead people! This thread lead nowhere so I'm out of this. I'm tired dealing with narrow-minded people, as if they act like children !
Funny , i feel the same about u.

guyabano
08-02-2006, 05:16 PM
ok, let me resume:

I provide serious links about the topic, I even launched the topic, provided some pictures, videos, and yet, you don't believe??? hahaha

Well, the G-CON has a new member. Welcome sameer !

adi8putra
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Geronimo, let's presumed that ur analogy is right, is it still justified if the whole hostage to be killed just bcoz some police wants to protect the public? If it is, what will the courts verdict on these if the next of kin decided to sue the police for gross negligence in conducting their duty? Will the police hv any chance of winning if they r proven 2 be negligence? Can that argument be hold in any courts of law?

Geronimo
08-02-2006, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by adi8putra
Geronimo, let's presumed that ur analogy is right, is it still justified if the whole hostage to be killed just bcoz some police wants to protect the public? If it is, what will the courts verdict on these if the next of kin decided to sue the police for gross negligence in conducting their duty? Will the police hv any chance of winning if they r proven 2 be negligence? Can that argument be hold in any courts of law?
That he acted according to the law. His job is to serve and protect the public.

scentsofjannah
08-03-2006, 10:42 AM
and the list goes on. You are not able to provide me only one serious direct link. NOT ONLY ONE! in the whole thread.
as I said, thin air ........... ppfffffffffffffffft

Can't accept a defeat, right?
i didnt give a sky link because it was on the tv dummy..you can contact the news channel on their web site and verify what i said.

i gave you loads of links which you choose to ignore because it conflicts with what you want the world to believe..ie propaganda.

the fact is
1) RED CROSS WORKERS SAID THERE WERE NO MILITANTS IN QANA

2) THE SURVIVORS OF QANA SAID THERE WERE NO ROCKETS FIRED FROM THEIR VILLAGE

3) THE LEBANESE DEFENSE MINISTER SAID THERE WER ENO HIZBOLLAH IN QANA.
4) SKY NEWS MILITARY ANAYLST SAID VIDEO WAS EITHER FROM A 'DIFFERENT AREA IN QANA' OR 'ANOTHER PLACE'

In you perverted worldview those villagers and Red Cross workers and Sky news analyst and the Lebanese Defense Minister are all liars ..you choose to ignore the facts..and instead you throw a temper tantrum like a 2 year old.

continue to spread lies and i guarantee the moderators will ban you from this forum...till then enjoy whatever time you have left.

taraa

scentsofjannah
08-03-2006, 11:36 AM
ok, let me resume:

I provide serious links about the topic, I even launched the topic, provided some pictures, videos, and yet, you don't believe??? hahaha

you provided the former Israeli position on Qana heres the update that i posted EARLIER..

It now appears that the military had no information on rockets launched from the site of the building, or the presence of Hezbollah men at the time.

The Israel Defense Forces had said after the deadly air-strike that many rockets had been launched from Qana. However, it changed its version on Monday.

The site was included in an IAF plan to strike at several buildings in proximity to a previous launching site. Similar strikes were carried out in the past. However, there were no rocket launches from Qana on the day of the strike.

its from HA RETZ http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/745185.html

gawd i hate repeating myself..im dealing with dimwits and nothing seems to get into their thick skulls *sigh*

scentsofjannah
08-03-2006, 11:39 AM
so now that the IDF admitted there were no rockets launched from Qana on that fateful day..and this is what the Red cross workers and villagers said
(apparently all liars to you) can you tell us why they attacked that village again?? the place where Jesus did his miracles, the same village that was attacked in 1996?

guyabano
08-03-2006, 12:04 PM
gawd i hate repeating myself..im dealing with dimwits and nothing seems to get into their thick skulls *sigh*
I guess you looked in the mirror, when you said that.

I also welcome you the the G-CON. You will be a worthy member !

sameer
08-03-2006, 12:34 PM
ok, let me resume:

i thought u were gone? i dont really know what g-con is...but it dosent really matter, cause as u may have realised...more and more ppl around the world are realising about the propaganda u and ure friends spread. I'm sure u realise u are fighting a losing battle in here and on the battle field, cause there will always be soldiers willing to stand up against oppression.
U say u are tired of dealing with pig headed ppl who act liek childeren..then what made u come back? or why do u stick around? maybe u need a life? or did ure boss send u back to try to spread the propaganda some more? If ure a big man as u claim u are...then be the big man and ride of into the sunset.

guyabano
08-03-2006, 12:40 PM
G-CON : Guyabano's Club of Ninnies !

adi8putra
08-03-2006, 02:10 PM
That he acted according to the law. His job is to serve and protect the public.
the acts according to the law does not warrants endangering the life of the hostage, whatever ur argument might be. again, there is no such things of the ends justified the means in any acts of law. if there is one, indeed the law is seriously flawed...:?

adi8putra
08-03-2006, 02:14 PM
G-CON : Guyabano's Club of Ninnies !
calling names will not resolves anything! it will only add up to the fueling of blatant hatred between both of u. for god's sake, we r all civilised human beings, so please acted upon as one. it's normal for people 2 differs in their opinion. there is nothing wrong of being different as long as it being done respectfully.....:giggling:

adi8putra
08-03-2006, 02:41 PM
hi there. i stumbled upon one site which give some coverage on the so-called `myth of hezbollah fighter hiding behind civilians'. maybe somebody hv posted it here, i hv not been able 2 check 4 it (excuse me if it is a double posting). but, nevertheless, just thought to share it with all.

The "hiding among civilians" myth
Israel claims it's justified in bombing civilians because Hezbollah mingles with them. In fact, the militant group doesn't trust its civilians and stays as far away from them as possible.

By Mitch Prothero

Jul. 28, 2006 | The bombs came just as night fell, around 7 p.m. The locals knew that the 10-story apartment building had been the office, and possibly the residence, of Sheik Tawouk, the Hezbollah commander for the south, so they had moved their families out at the start of the war. The landlord had refused to rent to Hezbollah when they requested the top floors of the building. No matter, the locals said, the Hezb guys just moved in anyway in the name of the "resistance."

Everyone knew that the building would be hit eventually. Its location in downtown Tyre, which had yet to be hit by Israeli airstrikes, was not going to protect it forever. And "everyone" apparently included Sheik Tawouk, because he wasn't anywhere near it when it was finally hit.

Two guided bombs struck it in a huge flash bang of fire and concrete dust followed by the roar of 10 stories pancaking on top of each other, local residents said. Jihad Husseini, 46, runs the driving school a block away and was sitting in his office when the bombs struck. He said his life was saved because he had drawn the heavy cloth curtains shut on the windows facing the street, preventing him from being hit by a wave of shattered glass. But even so, a chunk of smoldering steel flew through the air, broke through the window and the curtain, and shot past his head and through the wall before coming to rest in his neighbor's home.

But Jihad still refuses to leave.

"Everything is broken, but I can make it better," he says, surrounded by his sons Raed, 20, and Mohammed, 12. "I will not leave. This place is not military, it is not Hezbollah; it was an empty apartment."

Throughout this now 16-day-old war, Israeli planes high above civilian areas make decisions on what to bomb. They send huge bombs capable of killing things for hundreds of meters around their targets, and then blame the inevitable civilian deaths -- the Lebanese government says 600 civilians have been killed so far -- on "terrorists" who callously use the civilian infrastructure for protection.

But this claim is almost always false. My own reporting and that of other journalists reveals that in fact Hezbollah fighters -- as opposed to the much more numerous Hezbollah political members, and the vastly more numerous Hezbollah sympathizers -- avoid civilians. Much smarter and better trained than the PLO and Hamas fighters, they know that if they mingle with civilians, they will sooner or later be betrayed by collaborators -- as so many Palestinian militants have been.

For their part, the Israelis seem to think that if they keep pounding civilians, they'll get some fighters, too. The almost nightly airstrikes on the southern suburbs of Beirut could be seen as making some sense, as the Israelis appear convinced there are command and control bunkers underneath the continually smoldering rubble. There were some civilian casualties the first few nights in places like Haret Hreik, but people quickly left the area to the Hezbollah fighters with their radios and motorbikes.

But other attacks seem gratuitous, fishing expeditions, or simply intended to punish anything and anyone even vaguely connected to Hezbollah. Lighthouses, grain elevators, milk factories, bridges in the north used by refugees, apartment buildings partially occupied by members of Hezbollah's political wing -- all have been reduced to rubble.

In the south, where Shiites dominate, just about everyone supports Hezbollah. Does mere support for Hezbollah, or even participation in Hezbollah activities, mean your house and family are fair game? Do you need to fire rockets from your front yard? Or is it enough to be a political activist?

The Israelis are consistent: They bomb everyone and everything remotely associated with Hezbollah, including noncombatants. In effect, that means punishing Lebanon. The nation is 40 percent Shiite, and of that 40 percent, tens of thousands are employed by Hezbollah's social services, political operations, schools, and other nonmilitary functions. The "terrorist" organization Hezbollah is Lebanon's second-biggest employer.

People throw the phrase "ghost town" around a lot, but Nabatiya, a bombed-out town about 15 miles from the Lebanon-Israel border, deserves it. One expects the spirits of the town's dead, or its refugees, to silently glide out onto its abandoned streets from the ruined buildings that make up much of the town.

Not all of the buildings show bomb damage, but those that don't have metal shutters blown out as if by a terrible wind. And there are no people at all, except for the occasional Hezbollah scout on a motorbike armed only with a two-way radio, keeping an eye on things as Israeli jets and unmanned drones circle overhead.

Overlooking the outskirts of this town, which has a peacetime population of 100,000 or so -- mostly Shiite supporters of Hezbollah and its more secular rival Amal -- is the Ragheh Hareb Hospital, a facility that makes quite clear what side the residents of Nabatiya are on in this conflict.

The hospital's carefully sculpted and trimmed front lawn contains the giant Red Crescent that denotes the Muslim version of the Red Cross. As we approach it, an Israeli missile streaks by, smashing into a school on the opposite hilltop. As we crouch and then run for the shelter of the hospital awning, that giant crescent reassures me until I look at the flagpole. The Lebanese flag and its cedar tree is there -- right next to the flag of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

It's safe to say that Ragheh Hareb Hospital has an association with Hezbollah. And the staff sports the trimmed beards and polite, if somewhat ominous, manner of the group. After young men demand press IDs and do some quick questioning, they allow us to enter.

Dr. Ahmed Tahir recognizes me from a funeral in the nearby village of Dweir. An Israeli bomb dropped on their house killed a Hezbollah cleric and 11 members of his immediate family, mostly children. People in Lebanon are calling it a war crime. Tahir looks exhausted, and our talk is even more tense than the last time.

"Maybe it would be best if the Israelis bombed your car on the road here," he said, with a sharp edge. "If you were killed, maybe the public outcry would be so bad in America that the Jews would be forced to stop these attacks."

When I volunteered that the Bush administration cared little for journalists, let alone ones who reported from Hezbollah territory, he shrugged. "Maybe if it was an American bomb used by the Israelis that killed an American journalist, they would stop this horror," he said.

The handful of people in the town include some from Hezbollah's political wing, as well as volunteers keeping an eye on things while the residents are gone. Off to the side, as we watch the Israelis pummel ridgelines on the outskirts of town, one of the political operatives explains that the fighters never come near the town, reinforcing what other Hezbollah people have told me over the years.

Although Israel targets apartments and offices because they are considered "Hezbollah" installations, the group has a clear policy of keeping its fighters away from civilians as much as possible. This is not for humanitarian reasons -- they did, after all, take over an apartment building against the protests of the landlord, knowing full well it would be bombed -- but for military ones.

"You can be a member of Hezbollah your entire life and never see a military wing fighter with a weapon," a Lebanese military intelligence official, now retired, once told me. "They do not come out with their masks off and never operate around people if they can avoid it. They're completely afraid of collaborators. They know this is what breaks the Palestinians -- no discipline and too much showing off."

Perhaps once a year, Hezbollah will hold a military parade in the south, in which its weapons and fighters appear. Media access to these parades is tightly limited and controlled. Unlike the fighters in the half dozen other countries where I have covered insurgencies, Hezbollah fighters do not like to show off for the cameras. In Iraq, with some risk taking, you can meet with and even watch the resistance guys in action. (At least you could during my last time there.) In Afghanistan, you can lunch with Taliban fighters if you're willing to walk a day or so in the mountains. In Gaza and the West Bank, the Fatah or Hamas fighter is almost ubiquitous with his mask, gun and sloganeering to convince the Western journalist of the justice of his cause.

The Hezbollah guys, on the other hand, know that letting their fighters near outsiders of any kind -- journalists or Lebanese, even Hezbollah supporters -- is stupid. In three trips over the last week to the south, where I came near enough to the fighting to hear Israeli artillery, and not just airstrikes, I saw exactly no fighters. Guys with radios with the look of Hezbollah always found me. But no fighters on corners, no invitations to watch them shoot rockets at the Zionist enemy, nothing that can be used to track them.

Even before the war, on many of my trips to the south, the Lebanese army, or the ubiquitous guy on a motorbike with a radio, would halt my trip and send me over to Tyre to get permission from a Hezbollah official before I could proceed, usually with strict limits on where I could go.

Every other journalist I know who has covered Hezbollah has had the same experience. A fellow journalist, a Lebanese who has covered them for two decades, knows only one military guy who will admit it, and he never talks or grants interviews. All he will say is, "I'll be gone for a few months for training. I'll call when I'm back." Presumably his friends and neighbors may suspect something, but no one says anything.

Hezbollah's political members say they have little or no access to the workings of the fighters. This seems to be largely true: While they obviously hear and know more than the outside world, the firewall is strong.

Israel, however, has chosen to treat the political members of Hezbollah as if they were fighters. And by targeting the civilian wing of the group, which supplies much of the humanitarian aid and social protection for the poorest people in the south, they are targeting civilians.

Earlier in the week, I stood next to a giant crater that had smashed through the highway between Tyre and Sidon -- the only route of escape for most of the people in the far south. Overhead, Israeli fighters and drones circled above the city and its outlying areas and regular blasts of bombs and naval artillery could be heard.

The crater served as a nice place to check up on the refugees, who were forced by the crater to slow down long enough to be asked questions. They barely stopped, their faces wrenched in near panic. The main wave of refugees out of the south had come the previous two days, so these were the hard-luck cases, the people who had been really close to the fighting and who needed two days just to get to Tyre, or who had had to make the tough decision whether to flee or stay put, with neither choice looking good.

The roads in the south are full of the cars of people who chose wrong -- burned-out chassis, broken glass, some cars driven straight into posts or ditches. Other seem to have broken down or run out of gas on the long dirt detours around the blown-out highway and bridge network the Israeli air force had spent days methodically destroying even as it warned people to flee.

One man, slowing his car around the crater, almost screams, "There is nothing left. This country is not for us." His brief pause immediately draws horns and impatient yells from the people in the cars behind him. They pass the crater but within two minutes a large explosion behind us, north, in the direction of Sidon, rocks us.

As we drive south toward Tyre, we soon pass a new series of scars on the highway: shrapnel, hubcaps and broken glass. A car that had been maybe five minutes ahead of us was hit by an Israeli shell. Three of its passengers were wounded, and it was heading north to the Hammound hospital at Sidon. We turned around because of the attack and followed the car to Sidon. Those unhurt staked out the parking lot of the hospital, looking for the Western journalists they were convinced had called in the strike. Luckily my Iraqi fixer smelled trouble and we got out of there. Probably nothing would have happened -- mostly they were just freaked-out country people who didn't like the coincidence of an Israeli attack and a car full of journalists driving past.

So the analysts talking on cable news about Hezbollah "hiding within the civilian population" clearly have spent little time if any in the south Lebanon war zone and don't know what they're talking about. Hezbollah doesn't trust the civilian population and has worked very hard to evacuate as much of it as possible from the battlefield. And this is why they fight so well -- with no one to spy on them, they have lots of chances to take the Israel Defense Forces by surprise, as they have by continuing to fire rockets and punish every Israeli ground incursion.

And the civilians? They see themselves as targeted regardless of their affiliation. They are enraged at Israel and at the United States, the only two countries on earth not calling for an immediate cease-fire. Lebanese of all persuasions think the United States and Israel believe that Lebanese lives are cheaper than Israeli ones. And many are now saying that they want to fight.

-- By Mitch Prothero

http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/f.../salon025.html

guyabano
08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Can it be that there some posts missing in this thread? f.ex. the most important ?! :?

scentsofjannah
08-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Can it be that there some posts missing in this thread? f.ex. the most important ?! :?
wow you're a christian?? im surprised i didnt notice that...or did you just fill in the blank recently? Are you an evangelical christian?? i do think you are but a confirmation would be appreciated.

Anyways..which post is the 'most important' ..yours? :D

adi8putra
08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
what do u mean by that? for me, this posts is important. bcoz it revolves around people who hv been killed & people who r going 2 be killed under d pretext of hezbollah being hiding behind civilians. justifications r being made to justify the means & as a results of that, precious life r being losts..... & that's equally important!

[S]killing innocent civilians r grossly wrong!:cry: [/S]

guyabano
08-04-2006, 08:07 AM
wow you're a christian?? im surprised i didnt notice that...or did you just fill in the blank recently? Are you an evangelical christian?? i do think you are but a confirmation would be appreciated.

Anyways..which post is the 'most important' ..yours? :D
nope, I guess, I just confond with another post. Never mind !
No, catholic christian, at least born like. But honestly, I'm not practicizing !

Anyways..which post is the 'most important' ..yours?
I really like your sarcasmus ! :D

guyabano
08-04-2006, 08:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by adi8putra
what do u mean by that? for me, this posts is important. bcoz it revolves around people who hv been killed & people who r going 2 be killed under d pretext of hezbollah being hiding behind civilians. justifications r being made to justify the means & as a results of that, precious life r being losts..... & that's equally important!

[S]killing innocent civilians r grossly wrong!:cry: [/S]
I have no idea what you are blabbering about !? No wait, honestly, I even didn't read it ! :D

adi8putra
08-04-2006, 09:58 AM
I have no idea what you are blabbering about !? No wait, honestly, I even didn't read it ! :D
is that so...? hmm, too bad... i thought u r sensible, mature & compasion enuff 4 the life of other human beings. apparently u r not.... sigh!:rollseyes

scentsofjannah
08-04-2006, 02:12 PM
nope, I guess, I just confond with another post. Never mind !
No, catholic christian, at least born like. But honestly, I'm not practicizing !

I really like your sarcasmus ! :D

catholic christians are cool..'blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit the kindgom of God' do you follow this teaching of Christ?

Also isnt what the Pope says important to you?..hes against the occupation.. i think you ought to be showing more support atleast for your fellow catholic brethren in the Middleeast.

Mideast Christians against the war on Iraq and the occupation of Palestine mideastchristians.virtualactivism.net

19 century church desecrated after more and more Russians jews become christian http://mideastchristians.virtualacti...desecrated.htm

WCC deeply concerned about the status of Jerusalem-Alarmed by new political developments affecting the status of Jerusalem, the WCC's Commission of the Churches on International Affairs called in an open letter today for "an open and inclusive Jerusalem, a city of shared sovereignty and citizenship, a city of two peoples and three faiths, of Christians, Muslims and Jewshttp://www.eappi.org/pressreleasesen.../pr-05-10.html

WCC asks European Union to give new Palestinian authority more time
http://www.eappi.org/pressreleasesen.../pr-06-09.html
The World Council of Churches (WCC) is urging the European Union to exercise "respect for the democratic mandate given by [the recent Palestinian] elections and time for the new government to find its feet and demonstrate its intentions," following the Council of the European Union's endorsement of a temporary halt to direct aid to the Palestinian government headed by Hamas.

Ending double standards and unilateral gains necessary for peace in Israel/Palestine http://www.eappi.org/pressreleasesen.../pu-06-07.html

World Council of Churches-How would Mary and Joseph have fared at a checkpoint? http://www.eappi.org/pressreleasesen...eat-04-53.html

MAIN PAGE http://www.eappi.org/ theres loads of interesting articles there.

World Council fo Churches http://www.wcc-coe.org/

The Holy Land Trust http://mideastchristians.virtualacti...ylandtrust.organ independent, Christian nonprofit humanitarian foundation committed to tackling critical problems in the Middle East by focusing on nonviolence resistance, education, social justice, research, training, public awareness,speaking and art events in Palestine & here in the US. Major areas of focus include health, education, youth development, and the environment. They have headquarter offices in Bethlehem (under Sami Awad) and we work with indigenous organizations Middle Eastern countries & worldwide to meet human needs and foster self-reliance for all whose way is hard.

Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center. Jerusalem http://www.sabeel.org/
Sabeel is an ecumenical grassroots liberation theology movement among Palestinian Christians which encourages women, men, and youth to discern what God is saying to them as their faith connects with the hard realities of their daily life: occupation, violence, discrimination and human rights violations.

Middle East council of Churches http://www.mecchurches.org/
National Council of Churches, USA http://www.ncccusa.org/
NonViolence. http://go.to/nonviolence
Presbyterian Peacemaking Program http://www.pcusa.org/peacemaking/iraq/
Christian Peacemakers Team http://www.prairienet.org/cpt/
The Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation http://www.hcef.org/news/news/index....7/dsp/newsview
Methodist Federation for Social Action http://www.mfsaweb.org/
Al Bushra: Arab American Roman Catholic Community http://www.al-bushra.org/
Comittment for Life http://www.cforl.org/palestine_church.htm
Churches for Middle East Peace E-mail Network
The Society for Biblical Studies. Read their Fact Finding mission in August [2002, to the Holy Lands. http://www.sbsedu.org/L4_alumni_foru...ug02report.htm
United Reformed Church http://www.urc.org.uk/israel2002/index.html
In Communion: The Orthodox Peace Fellowship in North America http://www2.wcc-coe.org/dov
Pax Christi International http://www.paxchristi.net/christmas/
Christian Study Center. http://www.christianstudycenter.com/

I hope those links will prove to you that is it is your christian duty to speak out for justice everywhere, May God the Almighty guide us all ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.