/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do you invite people to Islam?

al-fateh
08-01-2006, 05:55 PM
How do you invite people to Islam?

what is the best way to do so?

how is the best way to transfer your thoughts to the other?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh

:sl:
I don't think my athiest parents would let me. They didn't get mad when I said something good about Islam when I was a non-Muslim, but if I complement Islam now they would object and accuse me of trying to convert people.

Kittygyal
08-01-2006, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al-fateh

http://www.myislamweb.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8502

taken from MyIslamWeb.com

well am a revert my self but if i go around and tell someone about Islam am sure i can start off by telling them a story how i reverted and then amybe go on to something like what the meaning of Islam :rollseyes

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:30 AM
Use factual information. Make sure your dialogue is respectful.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-03-2006, 03:38 AM
I have only been a revert for a little over a year. I am somewhat disabled and seldom get out of the house. I have never talked to a single person about Islam, except to answer direct questions. I know of at least 2 of my friends that came to visit me, have said the shahadah and attend Mosque every chance they can. Allah(swt) will let us find the right words at the right time. We will never cause anyone to revert, but if Allah(swt) chooses to help another person find Islam Inshallah. We need only be honest and open with ourselves and with others.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 03:40 AM
I think a big thing to remember is to not let the person feel pressured because that causes them to go on the defense. Rather, just inform them about the religion, and inshaAllah they will do more research after your conversation and maybe even convert.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 03:40 AM

Dont destroy what they have. Instead try to show them that what you have is indeed the better thing.

Also, make Tawheed your weapon. Try to get out of other issues, and focus on Tawheed. Once that gets settled, then move on to Risalah, and then to Aakhirah. The Hellfire serves as a good reminder and jolt of reality.

This is because Tawheed is appealing to the human fitrah. Show them the simple concept of Islam. One God. One Perfect Being. He Created everything. Worship Him alone. No other religion has this simple beleif system.

Then if he agrees with you, ask him if he will accept Islam. If no, then ask, what is holding you back when youve realized that it is the Truth. Work on from there Inshallah.

Inshallah that helps.

Abdul Fattah
08-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Well Fishman, the tricky part is, they are probably still in the process of accepting your conversion. and the reason it takes time for them to accept is because they have a wrongfull image of Islam. So when you speak about Islam one one hand you have to explain it respectfully and objectivly, or you will come across to strong, but on the other hand the fact that your parents are still in the proces of accepting you'll be inclined to justify yourself. so you have to find a balance between those two extremities. It's hard I know. :)
Remember to not rely on yourself alone. Make dua that allah weakens their heart to Islam.
Setting a good example is also a good method, and mostly works better then explaining.

mlsh27
08-03-2006, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed

Dont destroy what they have. Instead try to show them that what you have is indeed the better thing.

Also, make Tawheed your weapon. Try to get out of other issues, and focus on Tawheed. Once that gets settled, then move on to Risalah, and then to Aakhirah. The Hellfire serves as a good reminder and jolt of reality.

This is because Tawheed is appealing to the human fitrah. Show them the simple concept of Islam. One God. One Perfect Being. He Created everything. Worship Him alone. No other religion has this simple beleif system.

Then if he agrees with you, ask him if he will accept Islam. If no, then ask, what is holding you back when youve realized that it is the Truth. Work on from there Inshallah.

Inshallah that helps.

I would somewhat disagree. Never say to someone or come off that your way of life/religion is better than theirs. Pretty much all religious people feel that their religion is the truth, so when someone says to them, "No, my religion is better," it makes the person really defensive.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 03:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
I would somewhat disagree. Never say to someone or come off that your way of life/religion is better than theirs. Pretty much all religious people feel that their religion is the truth, so when someone says to them, "No, my religion is better," it makes the person really defensive.
I agree. I think it defeats the purpose.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-03-2006, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27

I didnt mean in an outright fashion. I.e. "My way of life is better than yours"

I meant, ask them questions and work to that, and dont say it directly. Tell them Islam's teachings and they themselves will be able to tell that what you have is better.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.