/* */

PDA

View Full Version : demonstration on da 5th aug in hyde park(lebanon)

Helena
08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
:sl:

There is a demonstration this Saturday 5th August beginning 12 noon at Hyde Park,
Speakers Corner. Please come and show your solidarity with the people of
Lebanon and Gaza.

If you need convincing please read the following article by Robert Fisk:

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...cle1205977.ece

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

STOP THE WAR COALITION
NEWSLETTER No.2006/30
1 August 2006
Email office@stopwar.org.uk
Telephone 020 7278 6694
Web: www.stopwar.org.uk

LEBANON: WE NEED YOUR HELP URGENTLY

NATIONAL EMERGENCY DEMONSTRATION
SATURDAY 5 AUGUST: ASSEMBLE 12 NOON
SPEAKERS CORNER, HYDE PARK, LONDON
MARCH PASS US EMBASSY AND DOWNING STREET
TO PARLIAMENT SQUARE FOR RALLY

After the Qana massacre, no one can deny what we are witnessing: the
systematic destruction of two countries. Everyone who is horrified at what
is happening can help to bring this carnage to an end. We need the biggest
possible turnout on Saturday's emergency demonstration. What you do in the
next few days can make a difference. Tony Blair is under the most intense
pressure on all sides to detach himself from his master George Bush's
catastrophic warmongering and call for an immediate unconditional
ceasefire. His party wants him to stop. His cabinet wants him to stop. The
vast majority of people in the country want him to stop. This demonstration
can intensify that pressure to breaking point.

any comments inshalah....

:w: :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Helena
08-02-2006, 03:42 PM
isnt anyone interested in this event..something major and important in our lives....

if we unite...we could possibly end this...actually its unlikely..the ones hold power..are jus ignorant...only wanna do things that suit them....

IbnAbdulHakim
08-02-2006, 04:01 PM
i'll try b there inshaAllah, no promises though :X

Helena
08-02-2006, 04:04 PM
at least someone replied..phew was getting all...:heated: .....

reps for ya.....

but surely if we attend...we can make a difference inshalah....

pass the message around....invite ppl around ya....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-02-2006, 04:04 PM
im not bein rude or anytin yeh,

i know we should show what israel is doin is wrong, but demonstrations neva help man, it dont make a difference all it does is the media just get a chance 2 photo us :p and some dumb muslims decide 2 wear bombs or summin & make the situation worse then it is!! and the people @ demonstrations aint got a clue whay they om about :p

amirah_87
08-02-2006, 04:05 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

i heard that demonstrations were a form of imitating the kufaar..wallaahu A3alm!!

chacha_jalebi
08-02-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum,

i heard that demonstrations were a form of imitating the kufaar..wallaahu A3alm!!
hmmm lol

but theres a hadiths which says

"if you see some injustice, stop it, and if you are unable to stop it, then condemn it publicly, and if you cant condemn it publicly, then condemn it in your heart and that would be the lowest form of imaan" [bukhari]

so that why me said its good 2 show what israel is dooin is wrong, but demonstrations never make a difference :heated:

Helena
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

i know we should show what israel is doin is wrong, but demonstrations neva help man, it dont make a difference all it does is the media just get a chance 2 photo us :p and some dumb muslims decide 2 wear bombs or summin & make the situation worse then it is!! and the people @ demonstrations aint got a clue whay they om about :p

totally understand ya..but this is more organised....

wot else can we do??? apart frm demonstration....were trying to show our support...to stop the war......

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-02-2006, 06:15 PM
its 2 far.. cant go.. :'( ohhh, not fair...!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-02-2006, 06:16 PM

truuu say, but atleast it brings muslims together init?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum,

ye i use to think this, then i heard a talk about how muslims should show courage and stuff and sis, but then again the prophet saws and sahabi's never done demonstrations... there was that march lead by Umar RA and Hamza RA to show that muslims arent scared and they just wanted to Announce there Islam. If you think about it we could do it with that intention...

searchingsoul
08-02-2006, 07:28 PM

I was just thinking along the same lines.

Do you really think demonstrations help?

Isaac
08-02-2006, 09:48 PM
sometimes. Look at the recent flight of explsives being transferred by the terrorsit network in the USA o the other terrorist netwok in Israel, via the quiete by cunning terrorist in the UK. It was due o regular demonstration at Prestwick Airport, whcih left no other choice but to transfer these weapons of mass destrcution via another route. So sometimes they can make a diffeence. But sometimes they can also get hijacked and just give us muslim a bad name. I thuk what stand out the most in demos are banners. Banners should be rasied but not offenseive ones. Ones that make a point such as UK and USA are sponsor and suplliers of state terror!

searchingsoul
08-02-2006, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
sometimes. Look at the recent flight of explsives being transferred by the terrorsit network in the USA o the other terrorist netwok in Israel, via the quiete by cunning terrorist in the UK. It was due o regular demonstration at Prestwick Airport, whcih left no other choice but to transfer these weapons of mass destrcution via another route. So sometimes they can make a diffeence. But sometimes they can also get hijacked and just give us muslim a bad name. I thuk what stand out the most in demos are banners. Banners should be rasied but not offenseive ones. Ones that make a point such as UK and USA are sponsor and suplliers of state terror!
Thanks for the explanation. Good luck to you all!

Helena
08-04-2006, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Thanks for the explanation. Good luck to you all!

thanks for that...

it happening 2moro inshalah....:)

QuranStudy
08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Do you really think demonstrations help?
They show up frequently on CNN and FOX. So yes, they do work.

afriend
08-04-2006, 08:35 PM
There's some protest in front of the white house next saturday....

Every1 living in the vicinity should try o come....I know there aren't many from/around washington, but still :-\....

There are free bus going from quite a few masaajids, so if u dont wanna drive, go 4 it...:)

Najiullah
08-04-2006, 11:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
There's some protest in front of the white house next saturday....

Every1 living in the vicinity should try o come....I know there aren't many from/around washington, but still :-\....

There are free bus going from quite a few masaajids, so if u dont wanna drive, go 4 it...:)
are you going bro :)

Helena
08-05-2006, 04:21 PM
JUST TO let u all know...

av just returned from da demonstration...subanallah...truly amazing...

ppl from diff backround,race,colour,gender, religion joined this peaceful rally....as we all united together to end this war inshalah....hope it dse make a diff!!!

we marched thru...hyde park till westminister.......

Ya allah....enjoyed every single bit of it......unluckily we came early (my auntie had to go home early, coz she left her children behind).....

after the march..there were diff speakers...discussing issues...

i think i saw salma yaqub...am sure it was her.....

overall...it was a peaceful demonstration...no such thing as ppl dressed as suicide bombers...it was organised....alhamdulilah..

it was my first time....attending a march......alhamdulilah...

afriend
08-05-2006, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najiullah
are you going bro :)
Yeah, with my family, DC isn't too far from here :)

Helena
08-05-2006, 04:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Yeah, with my family, DC isn't too far from here :)
lil bro..ur going...mashalah.....:)

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 04:42 PM
any pics of the event?

Helena
08-05-2006, 04:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
any pics of the event?
it happened today at 12.00 till late......i took a video clip wid ma phone...but i'll see if i can find some pic inshalah...

bare wid me....:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.