/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Israeli strikes near Syrian Border!

Dahir
08-01-2006, 09:33 PM

NORTHERN ISRAEL (CNN) -- The Israeli military engaged in fierce fighting Tuesday with Hezbollah forces just across the border with Lebanon, and the Lebanese Army reported Israeli aircraft struck targets near the Syrian border.

Israeli aircraft hit "several" targets near the northeastern Lebanese town of Baalbeck, the Lebanese army reported.

The army also reported heavy helicopter traffic east and west of the town. The Arab-language television network Al-Arabiya said it appeared the Israeli army was attempting to drop in soldiers.

The Israel Defense Forces had no comment on the reports.

Israeli forces also waged a firefight with Hezbollah forces in the town of Aita Al-Shaab in southern Lebanon, and warned residents almost 20 miles inside the country to leave the area. (Watch Israeli bombardment pound Aita Al-Shaab -- 3:09)

Israel hit the town with heavy shelling and 500-pound bombs, and the sound of gunfire exchange could be heard. (Watch Israeli troops move toward Lebanon's border -- 2:26)

Israel Defense Forces said its troops had killed or wounded 20 Hezbollah forces in battles Tuesday.

Hezbollah said four of its forces died in the fighting.

In Tayba, the IDF said it has taken control of several strategic positions that have been used by Hezbollah fighters to launch missiles at northern Israel over the past two weeks. (See where the fighting is taking place)

Israeli police reported 14 cross-border strikes hitting northern Israel on Tuesday, including two with Katyusha rockets and 12 with mortar shells.

Israel says it has killed 300 of the estimated 2,000 Hezbollah fighters in Lebanon during its three-week offensive.

"Hezbollah has taken a serious beating, and that is why the pressure of a ground offensive will produce the expected results," Israeli Justice Minister Haim Ramon said Tuesday on Israeli Channel 10.

A Hezbollah spokesman says 43 of its fighters have been killed, Reuters news service reported.

The IDF said Tuesday that three of its soldiers were killed and 25 wounded in the fighting in southern Lebanon. Five other soldiers were wounded on the Israeli side of the border when they were hit by a mortar shell, it said.

Ramon's announcement came after Israel's Security Cabinet approved an expansion of the ground campaign against Hezbollah.

While Hezbollah attacks into northern Israel have subsided in the past two days, Ramon said the Lebanese militia has increased the number of rocket launches from areas north of the Litani River -- about 20 miles from the border -- where the Israeli military has asked residents in two locations to evacuate.

Labor Party lawmaker Danny Yatom told The Associated Press that Israeli ground forces could go up to the Litani River.

The goal is "to control the area, to kill as many Hezbollah terrorists as possible and to destroy as many rockets and launchers as possible, in order to minimize the capabilities of Hezbollah," Yatom, a reserve general and former chief of the Mossad spy agency, told AP.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Israeli forces were weakening Hezbollah daily and that no cease-fire would come until Israel was safe from a future war.

"Every additional day is a day that drains the strength of this cruel enemy," Olmert said in a speech Tuesday. "Every extra day is a day in which the [army] reduces their capability, contains their firing ability and their ability to hit in the future."

Other developments pointed to a lengthening of the 20-day-old conflict.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on Monday directed his country's military to heighten its readiness, the state news agency SANA reported.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad held the United States and Britain responsible for the bloodshed in Lebanon, AP reported.

"The U.S. and Britain are accomplices in all crimes committed by the occupying Zionist regime and have to answer to these crimes," he said in a speech, drawing shouts of "Death to America" from the crowd in northeastern Iran.

President Bush said Monday there could be no cease-fire until Hezbollah was reined in and called on Iran and Syria to stop aiding Hezbollah. (Watch Bush call for 'a cease-fire that will last' -- 3:22) (Full story)

Aid process difficult
Meanwhile, the United Nations said it has not had much success getting aid into southern Lebanon during Israel's self-declared 48-hour lull in fighting.

"We did not achieve much," spokesman Khaled Mansour said. The U.N. asked Israel to allow three convoys through with about 30 trucks, but Israel denied permission for two of them, he said.

The European Union on Tuesday said it approved $64 million in humanitarian aid for Lebanon, and EU foreign ministers, meeting in emergency session Tuesday, called on Israel and Hezbollah to agree to an "immediate cessation of hostilities" followed by international efforts to get agreement on a sustainable cease-fire. (Full story)

The conflict began July 12 when Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers and killed three others in a cross-border raid.

As of Tuesday, 557 Lebanese civilians and soldiers have died and 2,128 have been wounded in the conflict, according to Lebanon's Internal Security Forces.

Israel has reported 54 deaths, including 19 civilians killed by Hezbollah rocket attacks.
Question is: Will Syria fight back as Assad has proclaimed or let Israel run all over Northeast Lebanon?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
08-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Syria will not "fight back". Israeli planes can strafe Syrian airspace like an alien invasion from Hades.

lavikor201
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
If Syria decides to declare open war on Israel and use its regulars, not just fund some guerrillas then I doubt Israel will waste money on 'leaflet' warnings before they really unleash there arsenal.

Zionazi_Dissent
08-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Yes of course, leaflets are a waste of time. They should go right away and bomb away babies and old people and create a million refugees......again.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
08-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Salaam,

i think that since the Isrealis and the US are saying that the Iran and Syria are supporting HEzbollah.

Perhaps they should listen and do it.

Syria and Iran should simultaneoulsy bomb Israel,it's airporta nd air force field.Wihout the air attack israel cant do anything much.

So to Syria and Iran,wait for the Israel to attack first then destroy all military target in Israel.

Joe98
08-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Syria will do nothing until they are attacked.

The Isralies had better be careful they do not "accidently" hit Syria :giggling:

Dahir
08-02-2006, 01:05 AM
The Isralies had better be careful they do not "accidently" hit Syria
I think Israel should just go right ahead and tear apart Syria, then move onto Iran and finish the job that Ahmadinejad started.

That's the only way peace can come about - one side MUST be eradicated completely, and it seems Israel is doing a better job of laying her enemies to rest.

First Gaza.
Now Lebanon.
Then Syria.
Finally Iran, and maybe Iraq once sovereignty is fully granted.

HOORAH! Peace is around the corner.

lavikor201
08-02-2006, 01:11 AM
Syria and Iran should simultaneoulsy bomb Israel,it's airporta nd air force field.Wihout the air attack israel cant do anything much.
Before they got the first airplane off the ground Israel's Nuclear Silo's would open.

Israel has stated many times that if the Arab World is about to destroy them ever, they will unleash there whole Nuclear Arsenal on the Arab World... That is something no one wants to see. Iran and Syria realize this. Iran and Syria will never attack Israel unless Israel attacked them. Maybe if Iran gets the Nuke they will strike first, but Israel I believe will not allow Iran to get the Nuke.

Oh wait.... Israel has no Nukes cough. cough.

Woodrow
08-02-2006, 01:34 AM
I think that no matter what our opinions are about Israel, we need to be aware that the Israelis are not stupid. I doubt if Israel will do anything that they have not prepared for and have taken the worse possible scenarios into consideration.

I can not imagine them entering into any conflict they do not see themselves as being capable of handling. Even without help from the US or even if needing to go against the US.

It is a gross error to underestimate Israel's capability to conduct war.

nimrod
08-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Agreed Woodrow.

Thanks
Nimrod

Wahid
08-02-2006, 07:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Before they got the first airplane off the ground Israel's Nuclear Silo's would open.

Israel has stated many times that if the Arab World is about to destroy them ever, they will unleash there whole Nuclear Arsenal on the Arab World... That is something no one wants to see. Iran and Syria realize this. Iran and Syria will never attack Israel unless Israel attacked them. Maybe if Iran gets the Nuke they will strike first, but Israel I believe will not allow Iran to get the Nuke.

Oh wait.... Israel has no Nukes cough. cough.
thats y pakistan should come at our side and nuke isreal preemtivly if isreal considers nuking anybody.
hopfully soon musharf will be deposed inshaAllah

Woodrow
08-02-2006, 08:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vahid
thats y pakistan should come at our side and nuke isreal preemtivly if isreal considers nuking anybody.
Do you have any idea as to what a Nuke hitting Israel would also do to Palestine, Jordan, Lebannon, Syria and Egypt. A nuke is not a weapon you use within 2,000 miles of yourself or your allies. You are looking at an immediate 100% kill radius of about 50 miles, and significant numbers of kills within a thousand miles for the next several months. Plus the after effects and destruction of the land will continue beyond the lifetime of anybody living today. It is a weapon that destroys not only the enemy indescriminatly, but also friends and allies for several generations.

Nukes are not a safe toy for children or other small creatures.

guyabano
08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I think that no matter what our opinions are about Israel, we need to be aware that the Israelis are not stupid. I doubt if Israel will do anything that they have not prepared for and have taken the worse possible scenarios into consideration.

I can not imagine them entering into any conflict they do not see themselves as being capable of handling. Even without help from the US or even if needing to go against the US.

It is a gross error to underestimate Israel's capability to conduct war.
agree ! But I really always like to highlight the fact, that Israel really did not want this war !

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 01:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Yes of course, leaflets are a waste of time. They should go right away and bomb away babies and old people and create a million refugees......again.
You have to admit it was quite considerate of them.

Zionazi_Dissent
08-03-2006, 01:23 AM
You have to admit it was quite considerate of them.
Its just show with nothing to back it.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent
Its just show with nothing to back it.
Are you saying that the pamplets didn't warn the people?

Wahid
08-03-2006, 03:45 AM
Do you have any idea as to what a Nuke hitting Israel would also do to Palestine, Jordan, Lebannon, Syria and Egypt. A nuke is not a weapon you use within 2,000 miles of yourself or your allies. You are looking at an immediate 100% kill radius of about 50 miles, and significant numbers of kills within a thousand miles for the next several months. Plus the after effects and destruction of the land will continue beyond the lifetime of anybody living today. It is a weapon that destroys not only the enemy indescriminatly, but also friends and allies for several generations.

Nukes are not a safe toy for children or other small creatures.
Yes i understand what you’re saying, but what if we don’t do anything than they nuke us? that would mean 100s of millions of Muslims dead rather than 1000s from the fallout (or using a mini nuke... Israel very small anyway)

lets hope it doesn’t come to that though

Keltoi
08-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Yes i understand what you’re saying, but what if we don’t do anything than they nuke us? that would mean 100s of millions of Muslims dead rather than 1000s from the fallout (or using a mini nuke... Israel very small anyway)

[S]Yes, let us do that[/S]

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 04:15 AM
What kind of whack job forum did I join!? Are you seriously talking about nuking Israel?! And kill millions of innocents?! I was told by muslims that muslims are not terrorists, and now I see on this forum you talking about nuking people?! Your cracked! Seriously, get help. You need it.

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 04:19 AM
ok wild bill but its ok that over 500 lebanese are dead most are women and children, hey war is not fair as many members muslim and non muslim alike have said on here but dont go throwing the word terrorist around thats pretty lame and old by now

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 04:26 AM

I can not think of a single target far enough from Israel for Israel to use a nuke and not destroy themselves.

Mini-nuke is sort of a oxymoron. The smallest ones ever detonated were the ones used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Deaths are still occuring from them and quite far from Japan.

A nuke is not healthy for anybody, even if we think we are far enough away to escape the fallout. The fallout from Nagasaki and Hiroshimo even landed in Canada and some of the Northern United States. It is hard to know exactly how many cancer cases were and are the result from them.

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 04:28 AM
yea all nukes should be destroyed and people should fight wars like in the old days if fighting at all, not that i believe in war, but i mean all this technology in a way made war impersonal meaning i dont know if and who i killed so im not respsonbile vs the old days u knew damn well u if killed someone and had to go through the feelings.

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
ok wild bill but its ok that over 500 lebanese are dead most are women and children, hey war is not fair as many members muslim and non muslim alike have said on here but dont go throwing the word terrorist around thats pretty lame and old by now
What are you talking about Alf? I never said it was ok for anybody to be dead! Lebanese, chinese or other! I dont want anybody getting killed, war sucks. There is some clown saying that "we" (who's "we"?) should nuke Israel and your gonna give me a hard time about saying terrorist?! Well Ill say it again, TERRORIST. There. What do you think of that? That guy earlier that said "we" should nuke Israel is a terrorist in the making.
There are lots of kids and families in Israel, why do you defend a guy that wants to nuke them?

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 04:31 AM
read up i dont like nukes missles or anything, but just dont go saying muslims are terrorist cause one person says something stupid, stick around a bit on this forum and u will see many stupid, irrational comments from all religions alike

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 04:33 AM
yea all nukes should be destroyed and people should fight wars like in the old days if fighting at all, not that i believe in war, but i mean all this technology in a way made war impersonal meaning i dont know if and who i killed so im not respsonbile vs the old days u knew damn well u if killed someone and had to go through the feelings.
They still have to deal with the feelings when they clean up the dead bodies, or see pictures of it.

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 04:38 AM
read up i dont like nukes missles or anything, but just dont go saying muslims are terrorist cause one person says something stupid, stick around a bit on this forum and u will see many stupid, irrational comments from all religions alike
you got to admit its a bad start for me when right away some guy is saying he wants to nuke Israel and then it seems like you are defending him. (Are you?)

Looking4Peace
08-03-2006, 04:42 AM
nope, i guess u dont know me too well , i never defend murder unless in direct self defense and again i dont believe in nukes, i think its cowardly

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 04:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Wild Bill
you got to admit its a bad start for me when right away some guy is saying he wants to nuke Israel and then it seems like you are defending him. (Are you?)
We will defend his right to state his opinion. Just as we will defend your right to state yours. The FAQ section up top states specificaly what will not be tolerated.

We do not always agree with each other, but hopefully we all can disagree with respect and dignity.

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 04:59 AM
We will defend his right to state his opinion. Just as we will defend your right to state yours. The FAQ section up top states specificaly what will not be tolerated.

We do not always agree with each other, but hopefully we all can disagree with respect and dignity.
So you are perfectly ok with him saying that Israel should be nuked? (Or at least the right to say it)

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 05:06 AM
So you are perfectly ok with him saying that Israel should be nuked? (Or at least the right to say it)
I disagree completly with his statement. I support all who refute his statement.

But, unless his statement is violating any set down forum rules I stand by his right to say it. I also support anyones right to disagree with my statements.

Debates will occur here. In order for a debate to be fair, a person can not have fear of expressing their own opinions. The only issues that will not be tolerated are covered in the forum rules.

Wahid
08-03-2006, 05:18 AM
What kind of whack job forum did I join!? Are you seriously talking about nuking Israel?! And kill millions of innocents?! I was told by muslims that muslims are not terrorists, and now I see on this forum you talking about nuking people?! Your cracked! Seriously, get help. You need it.
Ask ur isrealy freind there that first said isreal should nuke all the Middle east if it loses in a war. ur blind enough not to have noticed that my post was in reply to that and also what it meant was that if isreal wanted to use nukes on us, we should defend our selfs

Wahid
08-03-2006, 05:20 AM
can you read? i said if isreal wanted to nuke US FIRST we should attack them not just nuke them with no porpuse. what an idiot

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 05:34 AM
I disagree completly with his statement. I support all who refute his statement.

But, unless his statement is violating any set down forum rules I stand by his right to say it. I also support anyones right to disagree with my statements.

Debates will occur here. In order for a debate to be fair, a person can not have fear of expressing their own opinions. The only issues that will not be tolerated are covered in the forum rules.
Thanks for pointing me to the forum rules, I read them now and know what is accepted and what is not.
On that note, and further to our discussion about the nuking Israel comment, it is clear to me that the "we should nuke Israel" comment is in direct violation of rule #20.
20. No praise of, condoning of, or calls for violence or other unislamic behaviour will be tolerated whatsoever on the forum. This includes inciting and glorifying combat under the pretense of Jihad. The scholars are to be relied upon in such issues.
It is both condoning and calling for violence. It doesn't get any more violent than a nuclear bomb.

Wahid
08-03-2006, 05:37 AM
Thanks for pointing me to the forum rules, I read them now and know what is accepted and what is not.
On that note, and further to our discussion about the nuking Israel comment, it is clear to me that the "we should nuke Israel" comment is in direct violation of rule #20.
It is both condoning and calling for violence. It doesn't get any more violent than a nuclear bomb.
i assure you self defence is islamic.
heh

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 05:46 AM
can you read? i said if isreal wanted to nuke US FIRST we should attack them not just nuke them with no porpuse. what an idiot
9. Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully. (Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody)

You might have noticed that Woodrow had said that he did not agree with your statement, is he an idiot also?

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 05:50 AM
I do agree with you. However, to understand what was said a person needs to go to the original statement, which is:
thats y pakistan should come at our side and nuke isreal preemtivly if isreal considers nuking anybody.hopfully soon musharf will be deposed inshaAllah
On a personal basis I do not believe a Nuke should be used under any condition.

The statement was not advocating aggression, it is advocating self defence. Perhaps, the words could have been toned down. In good conscious I can not consider this statement as promoting violence or aggression. The obvious intent is to advocate self defence if attacked.

Wild Bill
08-03-2006, 05:58 AM
I do agree with you. However, to understand what was said a person needs to go to the original statement, which is:

On a personal basis I do not believe a Nuke should be used under any condition.

The statement was not advocating aggression, it is advocating self defence. Perhaps, the words could have been toned down. In good conscious I can not consider this statement as promoting violence or aggression. The obvious intent is to advocate self defence if attacked.
I see now. I need to get this forum thing down, read back in the forum and see what was said first. ok. Wow, though. Rough neighborhood on the newbies, guy calls me an idiot in the first hour. I thought you religious people are suposed to be understanding? I just got here. Cant even give me the first hour to learn the ropes? This forum was a mistake. Nice meeting you Woodrow.

Woodrow
08-03-2006, 06:04 AM
I see now. I need to get this forum thing down, read back in the forum and see what was said first. ok. Wow, though. Rough neighborhood on the newbies, guy calls me an idiot in the first hour. I thought you religious people are suposed to be understanding? I just got here. Cant even give me the first hour to learn the ropes? This forum was a mistake. Nice meeting you Woodrow.
Wild Bill sit back, relax have a cup of tea. We really don't bite. I apologise if I scared you. It really is a pleasure to have you here and we really are interested in your views. We are simply a group of day-to-day Muslims. We do not consider ourselves to be religious experts. Some here have been Muslim since birth and some like myself are recent newcomers to Islam and came here to learn.

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 06:08 AM
Wild Bill sit back, relax have a cup of tea. We really don't bite. I apologise if I scared you. It really is a pleasure to have you here and we really are interested in your views. We are simply a group of day-to-day Muslims. We do not consider ourselves to be religious experts. Some here have been Muslim since birth and some like myself are recent newcomers to Islam and came here to learn.
Please don't leave us so soon! A lot of people hate me but I stick around. There's a lot to learn!

Wahid
08-03-2006, 07:00 AM
9. Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully. (Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody)

You might have noticed that Woodrow had said that he did not agree with your statement, is he an idiot also?
than you should have been banned long ago i guess

What are you talking about Alf? I never said it was ok for anybody to be dead! Lebanese, chinese or other! I dont want anybody getting killed, war sucks. There is some clown saying that "we" (who's "we"?) should nuke Israel and your gonna give me a hard time about saying terrorist?! Well Ill say it again, TERRORIST. There. What do you think of that? That guy earlier that said "we" should nuke Israel is a terrorist in the making.
There are lots of kids and families in Israel, why do you defend a guy that wants to nuke them?
Why is this guy free to keep insulting people and then he complains if someone talks back at him? :?

see my example of self defence here, it perfectly fits this dude, they can attack but when you hit back its unjust or whatever else :giggling:

MRR
08-03-2006, 07:43 AM
than you should have been banned long ago i guess

Why is this guy free to keep insulting people and then he complains if someone talks back at him? :?

see my example of self defence here, it perfectly fits this dude, they can attack but when you hit back its unjust or whatever else :giggling:
Vahid, the guy just joined. I don't think he had a chance to figure out how things work in the forum. It looks like he misunderstood your post.
At any rate, you were obnoxious and rude, it looks as if you chased the guy off. Good one buddy, keep calling them like that. Show 'em what a peaceful nice religion islam is. The guy might have been goofy, but he was new to the forum, he misunderstands your post, and you tear into him like a fool. I bet he tells all his freinds about his experience on a muslim forum, how nice the muslims were to him.

MRR
08-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Might be better to chill a little.

AvarAllahNoor
08-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Ya Allah the end is nigh....

AvarAllahNoor
08-03-2006, 08:15 AM
lol You'll get used to it in time dude! :giggling:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.