/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Obi-Wan
08-02-2006, 03:18 PM
Hello,
I'm new here and I have to confess that I have very little interest in Islam. So why am I here?

I am here to ask for your help.

I am concerned about the Middle East, and my concerns are best summed up with the title to a website I want more people to know about. Here's an article: Chris Brown Beaten for Walking Children to School

The title of the website is "If Americans Knew", and their front page is as important as any story you can link to. The media in the US means that most Americans don't know what is happening in the middle east.

What I am asking of members here is for them to join forums in order to advertise the above site. And sites like it. I am sure you know of plenty.

Join sites where you have an interest, and post normally. (I do that too! :) I have admitted my motive for joining here.) Then put the link in your signature. Formatted as above would be nice.

We need to get the message across. Especially to Americans.

Also,
Here are some good articles from Haaretz -- an Israeli newspaper.

Gideon Levy - Who started?

Morality is not on our side -- Ze'ev Maoz

On July 28, 1989, we kidnapped Sheikh Obeid, and on May 12, 1994, we kidnapped Mustafa Dirani, who had captured Ron Arad. Israel held these two people and another 20-odd Lebanese detainees without trial, as "negotiating chips." That which is permissible to us is, of course, forbidden to Hezbollah.
Thank you,
And I apologise for any offence caused in posting here when I have no interest in Islam. I promise not to troll the site.

I will do my best to answer any queries posted in this thread.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Obi-Wan
08-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Sorry, the Gideon Levy article seems to be the wrong one.

Gideon Levy -- Who Started?

Obi-Wan
08-03-2006, 09:51 AM
No answer?
Does silence imply agreement or dissent?

If you think I'm paranoid, read this:
Lights, camera, Hezbollywood! -- Michelle Malkin

here's a quote:

[The big Jenin Lie, etc] is the context in which people who refuse to sit back and swallow the Theater of Jihad are viewing Qana.

[...] There was little blood, CNN's Wedeman noted: all the victims, he concluded, appeared to have died while as they were sleeping -- sleeping, apparently, through thunderous Israeli air attacks.

[...] they do not appear to have died hours before. The bodies looked like they had been dead for days.
The UN investigated Jenin -- but from New York. This time the Israelis are doing their own investigation.

Summary of HRW report on Jenin

The UN took no action against Israel.

I've seen the Michelle Malkin link on more forums than this link:

Hezbollah, Hamas and Israel: Everything You Need To Know -- Alexander Cockburn (Original)

Is that they way you want things to be?

Obi-Wan
08-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Do you realise that you get a lot of guests on this forum? I checked the frontpage: currently 74 users (11 members and 63 guests). Even if some of those guests are members who are browsing while not logged in, there must still be some non-member browsers. Some of whom may be pro-Israel.

These guests may not open the Israel threads. But they must open some threads. They see your signatures.

If you put links into your signatures, you increase the number of people who will open the news stories you want people to see.

Even adding links to your signature on this site will help.

I'm asking you to change your signatures at every forum where you are a member. That is all I'm asking.

If you use this format:
(url=address)title/description of page(/url)

Only with square brackets instead of curved, you get a more attractive link.

Here are some more sites of interest:
Propaganda and Human Shields by Jonathan Cook (And Israel is not ignoring internet forums -- far from it!)

B'tselem -- Israeli Human rights group
And one of their pages: Israeli Soldiers use civilians as Human Shields in Beit Hanun

btw,
If you think I my approach is wrong, please tell me why. I am open to ideas.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sonz
08-05-2006, 11:01 AM
Obi-wan

i am 100% behind u. www.ifamericansknew.org is a great site

Obi-Wan
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Sonz,
Thank you for your support. And I am especially glad to have your support because I looked up the threads you've started on this forum. You are committed and have energy. Most importantly, you highlight a lot of good articles that need to be read by more people. I noted the recent Jonathan Cook article and the Paul Craig Roberts "Shame of being an American" article. (Is anti-war.com one of your sources? :))

Can I ask why you haven't put links in your signature?

In the Cook thread, Dahir said:

anti-Israeli thread #8, on the World Affairs front page ALONE!

Lavikor must be sick.
But how many visitors to this site have bothered to read any of those threads? Especially those that googled for an Islamic forum to discuss some other matter. They will have opened some threads (why else would they be here) and could have seen your signature in any of them -- on any topic.

I followed the link to your userpage. I am sure Islam is very important to you. But guests and members will read your posts on all sorts of matters. The only ones that know about the Cook and Roberts articles are the ones that opened those threads.

You are wasting opportunities to spread knowledge of those articles.

Please put links to articles you think are most important in your signature. That way when you post on any topic, the articles you think are most important will follow you around.

Do you think that approach is wrong?
How else can we get the greatest number of people to see the important articles?

InToTheRain
08-06-2006, 12:37 PM
Useful site, added to useful links :D

I agree, people need to know more of what is happening from other sources and not just the propaganda we see on the media. Keep it up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!