/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lineage of the Prophet (saw)

Halima
08-02-2006, 10:54 PM
:sl:

Please click, very interesting subhnallah. :)

http://www.themuslimwoman.com/salasilahmuhammad.htm

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-02-2006, 11:04 PM

Thats awesome. Where did they get the names of all those people in the middle from?

Also, theres 82 generations if I counted correctly from Adam - Muhammad :arabic5: .

searchingsoul
08-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Are decendants of the prophet supposed to be "special"?

kadafi
08-02-2006, 11:54 PM

Actually, the consesus of the scholars (reported by Ibn Hibbaan, ad-Dhahabi, Ibn Hishaam and others) is that the extent of his lineage that is reliable ends with 'Adnaan and this is endorsed by Bukharee in his Saheeh. The rest are speculations so that means that the majority of the names on the chart are not reliable.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
08-03-2006, 12:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
Are decendants of the prophet supposed to be "special"?
wellI'm a descendant and I don't think I'm "special"

searchingsoul
08-03-2006, 12:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
wellI'm a descendant and I don't think I'm "special"
LOL

I have heard people make this claim. I didn't know if there were any truth behind it.

Hijrah
08-03-2006, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
LOL

I have heard people make this claim. I didn't know if there were any truth behind it.
My last name is Syed and I heard that Syeds are his descendants...it also says on wikipedia type in syed

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.