/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adam's mistake

evangel
08-03-2006, 03:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Adam pbuh made a mistake in eating from the tree (in the Qur'an it is called a 'slip')

Adam made a slip, an oops, I believe it also states in the Koran that he was forgiven. What's curious is that he was not readmitted into the garden. It seems that to be put out of God's presence and not allowed back in even after being forgiven is more serious than a slip. Also since his fall no one has been back to the garden as if this trangression of Adams has transferred from generation to generation. The relationship was and is seriously damaged. The relationship is going to require alot more than Adam or we can do to bring man back into God's presence.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
08-03-2006, 05:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by evangel
Adam made a slip, an oops, I believe it also states in the Koran that he was forgiven. What's curious is that he was not readmitted into the garden. It seems that to be put out of God's presence and not allowed back in even after being forgiven is more serious than a slip.
Or it means that God intended for Adam to be on earth right from the start. That is exactly what the Qur'an says:

2:30 Behold, your Lord said to the angels, “I will create a vicegerent on earth.”

God intended for human beings to serve a function in this world, not come here as a punishment. The short period in Paradise was only preparing Adam for what was to come on earth.

Regards

evangel
08-04-2006, 01:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Or it means that God intended for Adam to be on earth right from the start. That is exactly what the Qur'an says:

2:30 Behold, your Lord said to the angels, “I will create a vicegerent on earth.”

God intended for human beings to serve a function in this world, not come here as a punishment. The short period in Paradise was only preparing Adam for what was to come on earth.

Regards

So following your logic, if I were the CEO of Microsoft and I need someone in the mail room I first make him a vice president and then tell him to get down.
Huh?

Genesis 6:11-12
Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence.
And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.

AvarAllahNoor
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
So following your logic, if I were the CEO of Microsoft and I need someone in the mail room I first make him a vice president and then tell him to get down.
Huh?

Genesis 6:11-12
Now the earth was corrupt in God’s sight, and the earth was filled with violence.
And God saw the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way upon the earth.
Perhaps it was just a taster of what's to come for when we do end up in heaven!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
08-04-2006, 04:02 PM
You mean make hime a vice president and then demote him to the mail room? I'm afraid that's not analogous. God didn't just have a role he needed to fulfill so he promoted them demoted Adam. That's not the case here at all. God intended from the beginning to make a creation with the capability to choose between right and wrong, to serve a noble cause worshipping Him by striving against evil on earth so that they would develop a stronger relationship with their creator and come to know Him better. For that purpose God created Adam and to prepare him for his life on earth gave him the test in paradise. Adam erred but God forgave him. He was not demoted; he moved on to the next stage in what God had intended for him.

20:121-123. ...And Adam disobeyed his Lord and erred. Then his Lord chose him and turned to him in forgiveness and guided [him]. [Allah] said, "Descend from Paradise - all, [your descendants] being enemies to one another. And if there should come to you guidance from Me - then whoever follows My guidance will neither go astray [in the world] nor suffer [in the Hereafter].

So unlike the Christian belief, this life is not a punishment. There is no original sin, only original forgiveness.

Here's an excerpt from another thread:
format_quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lang
Thus we find that God forgives the couple and comes to their aid, but then why does He not return them to Heaven? Suppose, for example, that my daughter does some wrong and I deduct five dollars from her allowance as a punishment. Assume she then apologizes to me and I forgive her, but I also inform her that I will still deduct the five dollars from her allowance. Her reaction would naturally be, “But you said you forgave me and yet you’re still punishing me! Make up your mind!” So if God forgives the couple, why does He leave them on earth?
The answer came to me as quickly as the question did: because life on earth, according to the Qur’an, is not a punishment. From the very start of the allegory, God insists that our earthly existence serves a greater purpose. As long as I kept that in mind, the story was entirely coherent. Observe also that the Qur’an repeats the statement, “Go down, all of you, from here,” in 2:38, but this time surrounds it with lines that emphasize God’s forgiving, comforting, and reassuring the couple. As if the Scripture was telling me once and for all, “God did not put you on earth to punish you!”
Regards

evangel
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by Dr. Lang
Thus we find that God forgives the couple and comes to their aid, but then why does He not return them to Heaven? Suppose, for example, that my daughter does some wrong and I deduct five dollars from her allowance as a punishment. Assume she then apologizes to me and I forgive her, but I also inform her that I will still deduct the five dollars from her allowance. Her reaction would naturally be, “But you said you forgave me and yet you’re still punishing me! Make up your mind!” So if God forgives the couple, why does He leave them on earth?
The answer came to me as quickly as the question did: because life on earth, according to the Qur’an, is not a punishment. From the very start of the allegory, God insists that our earthly existence serves a greater purpose. As long as I kept that in mind, the story was entirely coherent. Observe also that the Qur’an repeats the statement, “Go down, all of you, from here,” in 2:38, but this time surrounds it with lines that emphasize God’s forgiving, comforting, and reassuring the couple. As if the Scripture was telling me once and for all, “God did not put you on earth to punish you!”

You say it isn't punishment yet the situation you use as a comparison is one of punishment.
I didn't say anything about punishment anyway I just said you don't recruit lower positions from the V.P.'s office. The CEO may come down to straighten things out though.

John 3:16,17
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
For God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him

Ansar Al-'Adl
08-05-2006, 03:38 AM
You say it isn't punishment yet the situation you use as a comparison is one of punishment.
If you're talking about the five dollar example used by Dr. Lang then he uses it to show why it could not have been a punishment. With all due respect, it seems you are not reading carefully.
I didn't say anything about punishment anyway I just said you don't recruit lower positions from the V.P.'s office.
Which - as I explained - is not the case here.

Regards

sevgi
08-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Adam made a slip, an oops, I believe it also states in the Koran that he was forgiven. What's curious is that he was not readmitted into the garden. It seems that to be put out of God's presence and not allowed back in even after being forgiven is more serious than a slip. Also since his fall no one has been back to the garden as if this trangression of Adams has transferred from generation to generation. The relationship was and is seriously damaged. The relationship is going to require alot more than Adam or we can do to bring man back into God's presence.
what we can do is stop slipping...he slipped once...we slip a million times...we cant get back into his prescence like this...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.