/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal in life?

Lateralus63
06-01-2005, 04:46 PM
:sl:

What is your goal in this life? in other words, how do you want to succeed, is there a certain project in the future that you wish to fulfill, is there a certain type of way you want to act? Please fill me in the details. Be specific, imaginative, and expressive.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
06-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Finish AS levels
Finish Quran during summer
Finish A levels obtaining high grades
Finish Quran again - multiple times
Finish Uni and get a degree in business and/or Accounts
Finish Quran yet again - possibly off by heart
Ge a job in accounts and earn lots o money
get married, have kids (dunno exact amount), have fun, continue on with job to earn enough funding to perform hajj.

thats about it really - dont have anything else in mind at the minute.

Uthman
06-01-2005, 07:33 PM

I will endeavour to perfect my deen and to become a better muslim. :) I want to achieve a high level of education and I want to have loads of knowledge. I want to get a good job (strange though it may sound, I haven't much clue as to what it should be yet). Still thinking how to put it into words . . . . :brother:

:w:

S_87
06-01-2005, 07:41 PM

hmm not sure

id like to make a difference even if that difference is to one person

id like to be a good wife to my husband good mother to my children daughter to my parents good sister to my sisters and a shoulder to any person in need... all round id like to be a good muslim :)

id like to see myself moving from england.theres no way id want my kids growing up in this environment. id like to spend some time in my life in maybe palestine..though later in life...visit a few other countries...india,pakistan, afghanistan, different parts of africa :) to teach islam

i would love to live in makkah, die in madinah having lived a life in which Allah Subhana WaTa`ala is pleased with me.
inshaAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*charisma*
Asalamu Alaikum

dont forget to say inshallah/bi'idnillahy wa tala :).....

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Ra`eesah
Assalamu’Alayakum

well my ultimate goal in life is to seek the pleasure of my lord and to die Mu'meenah/Mu'hsineenah (inshallah) .To be useful and spread the deen of Allah:arabic2:... to correct what is evil and enjoin what is good to live my life the way a Mu2min would and should....

And meantime i want study the deen.

Danish
06-01-2005, 09:31 PM
mine is simple:
be successful in this life, and even more successful in the here after inshallah

Muezzin
06-01-2005, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
mine is simple:
be successful in this life, and even more successful in the here after inshallah
Mine is simpler. Wake up in the morning.

But if we get a bit more complex, I want to become a better Muslim, get a good well-paying job, and raise a family.

But that pales in comparison with my battle to get out of bed.

h1jabi_sista
06-01-2005, 09:51 PM

i can honestly say, sometimes the acedemic world blocks my vision slightly, and i think 'wow! i need to get good grades in order to do this blah blah blah'....but...when i slow down and think and contemplate for a while, its simple. Worldly things arnt going to matter on the day of qiyaama.....

Inshallah my goal in life is to follow the sunnah,
to be successful in my dawah
to learn and understanf about the messengers and the koran
To inshallah please allah subhana watha allah
and finally to repent repeatedly....because non of us are perfect..

allah knows best, :) :sister:

Danish
06-01-2005, 09:52 PM
just like to remind ladies and JellySpoons one thing:
Quran says in surah Dhareyat, in juz 27 "wa ma khalaktul jinna wal insa illa le yabodoon"...translating "I created the jinn and humankind only that they might worship Me."

Mine is simpler. Wake up in the morning.
wow...u deserve a gold medal for that bro

Muezzin
06-01-2005, 09:53 PM

It is possible to be both pious and hardworking in the worldly life though. It's a question of balance. Look at the Prophet (SAW) - not only was he the Rasuul, he was also, amongst many other things, an excellent general.

wow...u deserve a gold medal for that bro
I actually got one. I polished it up and everything. But then a wild badger ate it.

Danish
06-01-2005, 09:58 PM
It is possible to be both pious and hardworking in the worldly life though. It's a question of balance. Look at the Prophet (SAW) - not only was he the Rasuul, he was also, amongst many other things, an excellent general.
yeh, but dont indulge too much...

muslims should make this dua as in stated in Surah Baqrah, juz 2 "wa min hum yaqulona Rabbana Ateenaa Fidduniya hasa natao wa fil akheratoo wa kena azaban naar"
I actually got one. I polished it up and everything. But then a wild badger ate it.
sure it wasnt the flying elephant? u suddenly changed into human when u looked at it, and then turned into a flying elephant later??

Muezzin
06-01-2005, 10:00 PM

yeh, but dont indulge too much...
Precisely. It's all a matter of balance.

sure it wasnt the flying elephant? u suddenly changed into human when u looked at it, and then turned into a flying elephant later??
Nah. Dumbo was still in his cage. By my bed.

makaveli
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab
Finish Uni and get a degree in business and/or Accounts
Ge a job in accounts and earn lots o money
:thumbs_up

dreamof2001
06-02-2005, 04:35 AM
Assalamun Aleykum,
Go back to Turkey (from New York), give up on money and other luxuries. Devote myself to Islam.
Learn Islam and teach Islam,
Live Islam and let others to live Islam (freely)
Be a sample to surronding people how to be a good muslim.
InsaAllah.

SheeshTaouk
06-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Hello!!!

My plan is to become Bank Manager.
And also to establish a poultry farm and be surrounded by chickens :)
I plan to open a restaurant specializing in chicken recipies :D

Ra`eesah
06-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Assalamu'Alayakum

Precisely. It's all a matter of balance.
yes i agree...

Nabi (sallahu 3alahe wasalaam) said, "Work for you dunyah as you will live forever and work for you Akirah as if you will die tomorrow."

[aw kama qalah sallahu 3alahe wasalaam]

h1jabi_sista
06-02-2005, 10:40 AM
mashallah sis! Thats my goal inshallah. :thumbs_up

Danish
06-02-2005, 12:07 PM
it looks as though i am heading for the scientific career... :crickey:

Muezzin
06-02-2005, 12:19 PM
it looks as though i am heading for the scientific career... :crickey:
Wicked! You can build these things!

And who says I never have any good suggestions? :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.