/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Too much to ask to be self-reliant? Think Ya Muslim

HumbleServant
06-01-2005, 06:07 PM
It was shocking to hear a Muslim government representative declare that millions of Arabs (or Muslims in general?) are helpless against a small nation of Jews, who have occupied Muslim land. It was even more shocking to hear the solution: “beg” America for some kind of settlement. Where did America – a nation that is separated from the Middle East by the seas and thousands of miles – come in all of this? And, why can Muslim governments not defend a nation of fellow Muslim brothers and sisters forced out of their homelands by a small nation of Zionists? Why must Muslims beg anyone else to solve their problems? And, then, there’s the Al Qaeeda organization which is described by a leading analyst, as one which was being taught to be ‘self-reliant’. To date, America is trying its utmost best to destroy that network, accusing it of what it describes as ‘terrorism’.

So what is the connection? A US ally says we need to “beg” the US for a solution; a US enemy says we can solve our problems ourselves. The US ally is bestowed upon with millions in aid and military help; the US enemy is bombed and sworn to be defeated, destroyed and ‘smoked out’.

Look at the situation in the Occupied Palestinian territories today. Hundreds of Palestinians have been massacred in whatever is left of destroyed Palestinian land. Houses have been bulldozed, supermarkets looted, and civilians murdered. Curfews are imposed on citizens making them prisoners in their own land. Jenin, where Colin Powell doesn’t seem to notice any evidence of a massacre, is a scene of a war crime to the minds and hearts of any people who have a sense of humanity within them. Yet, where are all the Arabs and Muslims? Where are all the massive armies and our wealth?

The weapons that we buy from the Americans, where are they and when will they be used? Are they to be stored while Muslims are being massacred? The Muslim world has seen genocide being committed against it, time and time again. We saw it in Bosnia, Kosovo, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Chechnya, Palestine, Iraq, and the list goes on and on. But, what have we done every time? We cried at the doorstep of the United Nations. We begged the US to do whatever it could to help us. After thousands of Muslims are killed, ‘international forces’ are sent to ‘protect’ Muslims. And, then we are told to thank the world for defending us. We are obliged to obey them. After all, they ‘risked’ their lives to protect us, right?

But, why should we do that? Aren’t we the world’s second largest nation by religion? We have enough man power, we have enough weapons and the wealth. What is it that we lack in? Faith, perhaps? Determination another? The honour of a Muslim? Self-reliance specifically?

For years now, the Muslim world has been in deep slumber. Our blood being shed has not affected us. The cries of our mothers have gone unheard. The sufferings of our brothers and sisters have not disturbed us in the least. We have become a selfish nation whose main concern is “I”, not “we”. As long as we are happy, who cares if someone else on the other side of the Muslim world is crying and hopeless? Since we have enough money, we don’t need to think about someone else who may be less fortunate. That is our thinking, and that is why we were humiliated all these years.

Let’s think about the Qatari Foreign Minister’s statement again: “We are a powerless nation who can’t help the Palestinians against Israel. It is far better to beg the Americans for a settlement.” To be honest, he wasn’t really wrong when he said that. Many Muslims were deeply offended by that, but it’s the truth. We are powerless, because we have done this to ourselves. This is a harsh reality we do not want to accept. But, until we do so, we cannot fix our state. Until we realise our failing condition, we cannot correct it. We must be straightforward. We are a nation that has not followed its religion. A nation that has lost its values and principles.

While Israel kills, maims and tortures our Muslim brothers and sisters in Palestine, while America kills Iraqis and other Muslims around the globe every hour of the day, all we do is sit and watch it on TV, then turn it off to focus on our “own” lives. We have become accustomed to seeing our Muslim brothers and sisters suffering across the globe. No matter how much we try to hide it, we have become helpless today. We have become a nation of over 1.2 billion people, yet we must “beg” others. We have nothing to rely on within ourselves. We have become the slaves of those who kill us.

Much of Muslim money goes to America to help it give aid to Israel today. It goes to help her kill Muslims wherever she may wish. But, when you talk about boycotting American products, just take a look at the reaction amongst us: “No, I haven’t started it yet. It’s so difficult you know. They own everything. There are good people in America. Boycotting wont make a difference…” Then you realise why Muslims are who they are today. We are ready to beg, but not to sacrifice. We are ready to support our murderers, but not to depend on ourselves. Boycotting American products is not only to stop it from killing Palestinians – it’s about Iraq, it’s about Afghanistan. It’s about various other places where America has either directly or indirectly oppressed us. But once we boycott their products, we will learn to be self-reliant, and to depend on ourselves. But today, we have lost the meaning of self-reliance, and forsaken Muslim honour and unity.

A non-Muslim once said to me that the Muslim society is sick and has been so for a long time. How much I would have wished to disagree, but I couldn’t. In the helpless condition we are in today, we told the world we hated those amongst us who chose to be self-reliant. We said we would let America kill those Muslims who left their homes to defend Islam and our suffering brothers and sisters. We do not leave our worldly lives ourselves, and then have enmity in our hearts towards those amongst us who are ready to sacrifice. We despised those who chose to be self-reliant, who chose not to kiss the feet of the USA, who chose to cling to their Lord and trust in Him, who chose to say its time for sacrifices, and for us to stand up to regain Islamic honour. How much longer will we let this go on?

We must remember, that if it is them today, it not only could, but will (God forbid) be us tomorrow. Muslims of the world have a choice to make. If you want to live in humiliation for the rest of your lives, do not do so in the name of Islam, and do not stab your own Muslim brothers in the back…

May Allah Guide Us

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
imaad_udeen
06-01-2005, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
[ Much of Muslim money goes to America to help it give aid to Israel today. It goes to help her kill Muslims wherever she may wish. But, when you talk about boycotting American products, just take a look at the reaction amongst us: “No, I haven’t started it yet. It’s so difficult you know. They own everything. There are good people in America. Boycotting wont make a difference…” Then you realise why Muslims are who they are today. We are ready to beg, but not to sacrifice. We are ready to support our murderers, but not to depend on ourselves. Boycotting American products is not only to stop it from killing Palestinians – it’s about Iraq, it’s about Afghanistan. It’s about various other places where America has either directly or indirectly oppressed us. But once we boycott their products, we will learn to be self-reliant, and to depend on ourselves. But today, we have lost the meaning of self-reliance, and forsaken Muslim honour and unity.
:w:

Yet you say all of this while you live in the United Kingdom.

Brief history lesson of your home country. Before there ever was a United States, English kings, nobles, knights and soldiers campaigned on Crusade against Muslims. The UK colonized Muslim lands, looting from them and setting up a ruling elite of Westerners. The UK was highly insturmental in creating Israel and supports Israel to this day. The United Kingdom went to war with America in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yet you live and pay taxes to this government which is doing exactly the same things you accuse America of doing.

Hopefully you can understand why I find your diatribe slightly hypocritical. If I am wrong, please show me why, dear sister. I have love for you and your pain is understandable.

:sl:

HumbleServant
06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
of course brother :)

yes, the UK has in the past and continues playing its 'part' in oppressing muslims. but in the state it is in today, it is only so 'successful' in this day and age due to the help of america, due to its 'friendship' with america. in the past it was very strong, but it has slowly crumbled away and is left as a tiny island which too, has been divided into 4 seperate areas namely wales ireland england and scotland.

so yes, of course the British govt is hated,personally i hate them equally because they are a lying govt who deceits, cheats, and 'butts in' so to say :confused:

but the overruling argument is, britain isnt anything without america. america is afterall the 'superpower' and america is in control of the 'rest' of the non-muslim (and even muslim actually) govts. so therefore, if damage is needed, it is only damage to america that will actually make a difference (currently - only allah knows what will happen in the future n who will become the next 'superpower' to opress us) in helping our muslim bro.s and sis.s...

the general, 'obvious' things that america takes part in, and plays the biggest hand in to oppress muslims is giving billions of dollars to israel to kill the palestinains, it is the one who is currently 'ahead' of everyone in trying to 'smoke out' the taliban in afganistan, it is the one who jumped ahead and removed saddam for its own selfish purposes i.e. oil,
so basically, of course yeah,before it was russia who killed muslim life in afghanistan,etc,but right now, it is the american govt, therefore all effort needs to go into stopping them, and putting an end to this oppression, as they are the ones at the forefront so to speak

i hope that inshallah makes sense :sister:
walaikumussalam

root
06-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I am ashamed of you people who talk utter rubbish about the UK.

HumbleServent, (Though not of the UK) can I please ask you to study your British History particularly our Industrial Revolutions, do not think that the UK is nothing without the US which was also once subject to our rule (Our best allie).

English kings, nobles, knights and soldiers campaigned on Crusade against Muslims. The UK colonized Muslim lands, looting from them and setting up a ruling elite of Westerners.
Wait a minute here, I note that this is often mentioned like Islam at that time was so innocent. I am not religous so you will know more about the principle (whatever you want to call it) of "He who cast's the first stone" than me. With this in mind can you please tell me when the "Christian" West (at that time) met the "Muslim" East on a field of brutal medieval war and where!.

I am not a racist and since "Islam" is not a race even though European court ruling equates anti-islamism the same as anti-semitism forbidding "Criticism". Such text that I read here also echoed in Germany and soon Holland only goes to demonstrate why we don't want to be "European" we want to be "British, German french and Dutch (Scottish, Irish Welsh). If you do not like us, please move away. The people have spoken (Blair is STILL in power, and we don't want a Muslim country in the European Union. We already have "British Citizens" with "British Passports" participating in Kamikarzi attacks on foot or four wheels.

It's time to depart this forum since I have exposed myself to Islam long enough to have drawn a conclusion to a "Multi-Cultural" society that Europe tries to shove down our necks and prepare to vote "No" as well. But "No" not to any race, creed or colour, but to Islam.

The weapons that we buy from the Americans, where are they and when will they be used?
Hmmm. The AK47 is was manufactured in Russia. Maybe the "east" should look closer at the sales receipts and allow the West to look at where the "east" got their money from to buy the weapons in the first place.

I am printing this thread and shoeing to people around me. If I find that less than 75% agree with what is posted in this thread then I will convert to Islam. If not, well. Maybe we will meet one day.............. :-)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ra`eesah
06-01-2005, 07:49 PM
Assalamu'Alayakum

I guess in that case we all should move to the contryside grow or own food make our own clothes....:) if thats what it really comes down to..

imaad_udeen
06-02-2005, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HumbleServant
of course brother :)

yes, the UK has in the past and continues playing its 'part' in oppressing muslims. but in the state it is in today, it is only so 'successful' in this day and age due to the help of america, due to its 'friendship' with america. in the past it was very strong, but it has slowly crumbled away and is left as a tiny island which too, has been divided into 4 seperate areas namely wales ireland england and scotland.
The USA did not force the United Kingdom to release its colony in Palestine to create Israel. The British government does what it wants, the USA does not dictate foreign policy. It just seems that the UK tends to agree with the USA more often than not.

so yes, of course the British govt is hated,personally i hate them equally because they are a lying govt who deceits, cheats, and 'butts in' so to say :confused:
So why do you consider to live and pay taxes to the government you hate and loath so much?

but the overruling argument is, britain isnt anything without america.
Without America, Britain is still one of the most powerful countries in the world.

america is afterall the 'superpower' and america is in control of the 'rest' of the non-muslim (and even muslim actually) govts.
Not true.

so therefore, if damage is needed, it is only damage to america that will actually make a difference (currently - only allah knows what will happen in the future n who will become the next 'superpower' to opress us) in helping our muslim bro.s and sis.s...
Are you advocating violence?

the general, 'obvious' things that america takes part in, and plays the biggest hand in to oppress muslims is giving billions of dollars to israel to kill the palestinains,
The US gives the Israeli government money for defense. The reason why is because since Israel was founded, it has been invaded and attacked by its neighbors. Since day one. This is a fact. If neighboring nations would make peace with israel as Jordan and Egypt have done, then maybe American aid would drop some.

it is the one who is currently 'ahead' of everyone in trying to 'smoke out' the taliban in afganistan,
And that is a bad thing? The Taliban was a horrible regime. The only people I ever see supporting the Taliban are people who never had to live under their rule.

Dear sister, enjoy the freedom you have in the UK and thank Allah every day that you are not subjected to tyrants like the Taliban.

it is the one who jumped ahead and removed saddam for its own selfish purposes i.e. oil,
The jury is still out on that one. I do know one thing, though. There will be no more mass graves filled with the bodies of Shi'a women and children, murdered by the Ba'athists simply because they were Shi'a.

No more chemical attacks on Kurds...

so basically, of course yeah,before it was russia who killed muslim life in afghanistan,etc,but right now, it is the american govt, therefore all effort needs to go into stopping them, and putting an end to this oppression, as they are the ones at the forefront so to speak
The USA would never have invaded Afghanistan if it were not for bin Laden and the Taliban refusing to hand him over.

Let us not forget that the United States helped the Mujahideen fight the athiest Soviets in Afghanistan. How soon we forget.

Also, which nation do you think supplied the most money and aid to the Muslims devastated by the tsunami of 2004?

i hope that inshallah makes sense :sister:
walaikumussalam
Yea, it does make more sense. I still do not agree. In my opinion, this is more hate speech. I am American, my entire family is American.

Are you advocating fighting me because I am American? Do you think it would be fair for a Muslim to fight you because you are British?

imaad_udeen
06-02-2005, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Wait a minute here, I note that this is often mentioned like Islam at that time was so innocent. I am not religous so you will know more about the principle (whatever you want to call it) of "He who cast's the first stone" than me. With this in mind can you please tell me when the "Christian" West (at that time) met the "Muslim" East on a field of brutal medieval war and where!.
That's pretty easy, the Muslim expansion of the 7th century, culminating in the battle of Tours in France...

[/QUOTE]

sonofadam
06-02-2005, 02:06 AM
And that is a bad thing? The Taliban was a horrible regime. The only people I ever see supporting the Taliban are people who never had to live under their rule.
The Taliban were an honourable movement (may Allah quickly bring about their re-emergence and rule back to Afghanistan and surrounding area's) who bought peace and security to a war ravaged nation. The subsequent crusade by America and its satanic allies after 9-11 was not a result of actually 9-11 but in reality because of the implementation of Islamic Law by the Taliban. Russian intelligence agencies had reported plans for an American invasion months before 9-11, only a fool would accept that had the Talban handed over our beloved Brother Osama Bin Laden that a crusade wouldn't be launched by America and its allies. The target was the purest Islamic Taliban movement. Its only a matter of time before insha'Allah they ascend to power.

Ansar Al-'Adl
06-02-2005, 02:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
I am printing this thread and shoeing to people around me. If I find that less than 75% agree with what is posted in this thread then I will convert to Islam. If not, well. Maybe we will meet one day.............. :-)
That seems like an awfully strange criteria for truth.

format_quote Originally Posted by sonofadam
The Taliban were an honourable movement (may Allah quickly bring about their re-emergence and rule back to Afghanistan and surrounding area's) who bought peace and security to a war ravaged nation.
:sl: brother. If you don't have evidence that you should not be awarding a people empty praise. Some Muslims continually award certain groups praise only because of their opposition to the US, while that is not the criteria for truth.

Anyway, the Taliban issue has been discussed here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/showpost...3&postcount=38

I would appreciate it if everyone just refrianed from commenting on them, since we don't know the truth about them, and we should just say, "Allah swt knows best".

:w:

HumbleServant
06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
assalamu alaikum

ok, brother imaad udeen and root,

'Im not going to argue'. if i respond to wat u say, youll respond to mine, and its going to keep on recurring, and that will eventually someway or the other lead to sinful talk i.e. arguments. and im not going to make that mistake as i have done so in the past.

thats not what i put the post up for. the posts message is clear as to what it says - its trying to wake up the muslims about how we need to realise the dangers of the muslim ummat today, to gather and unite as ONE, to distinguish and determine (some of) those who wish to destroy us and how we need to prevent that from happening by UNITING as MUSLIMS, and how we need to realise the danger our brothers and sisters are placed in or are suffering around the globe, in particular the Palestinians, and how we need to do our best to protect them, because we, as muslims, are ONE.

i refuse to argue over such baseless arguments which create personal attacks, and begin disuniting the ummat. the whole PURPOSE of the whole post has been ruined, and doubts created in the minds of everyone who probably reads this.

may Allah unite us and make us successful,

walaikumussalam

HumbleServant
06-02-2005, 05:16 PM
Are you advocating fighting me because I am American? Do you think it would be fair for a Muslim to fight you because you are British?
brother imadudeen i thought id quickly reply to this since it is something which i feel ought to be cleared.

NO, i am not willing or wishing to fight you or any other citizen of the US, due to their being a citizen of the US. NO, this is not in islam, and this is something which i inshallah would never do, say, recommend, or applaud.

ill just make it clear though - that when people be it in whatever article, or poem, or text, or dua or anything else, say 'America is an enemy of islam' or along the lines of that, or talk about hatred against america, or some people tend to begin saying 'death to america', it is 99.9% of the time aimed at the american govt. not the people. not the citizens. it has just become a 'general' thing to say words of hatred so to speak, against America, but bear in mind, it is against the GOVERNMENT, and not the citizens.
i know alot of americans who alhamdulillah know this therefore, they do not feel offended but commend those who are against the govt, however im glad you brought it out brother, to clear any misconception as to whether the article imposed a personal attack upon you, your family, or any other american. :)

walaikumussalam

Ra`eesah
06-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Assalamu’Alayakum

just a quick comment inshallah. What I really don’t like is how people that are outside of the US always have negative things to say about America I understand that its GOVERNMENT is bad...but just as bad as the UK the only reason why they attack America is because America does things out in the open while UK is like a snake in the grass...The American government is stupid and out in the open while UK is Sly and tricky....

i think we really have to be careful on how we express our self because i am sure there are some that are being offended.

Bottom line they both are just as bad.

btw sister humbleservet i undersdtand 100% what ur saying :)

imaad_udeen
06-02-2005, 08:49 PM
It is hard to seperate the government from the people in the USA. It is a government "for the people and by the people." The govern,ment is made up of American citizens, thogh I will admit that only the elite ever hold the real positions of power (except Clinton).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.