/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Mosquito bites!

afriend
08-03-2006, 11:19 PM
:sl: Everybody.

I'm going mad here, anything to soothe the itchiness?

Yathaabakum ullah! (quick :heated:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
08-03-2006, 11:24 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

mosquito bite...repellent!! and sum ppl say don't wear dark clothing like black cause they get attracted to it more!!

...just make sure you don't icth real bad, other wise you'll end up being left with scars!!...:heated:

wallahu a3lam

Abdul Fattah
08-03-2006, 11:56 PM
Ok don't laugh, but here's a home-remedy for these bites
Try putting some toothpaste on it!
I know it looks ridiculous, but the freshminth sooths the ache, and it also helps to dry up the bite, making it disapear in an hour or so. REally, try this :)

sadly I no longer use the traditional toothpaste but switched to the more liquid, green stuff since I think it tastes better. But this doesn't work for the bites, it's to fluid to stay on it's place and doesn't dry up the bite. So instead I'm just scratching myself into insanity.

Woodrow
08-04-2006, 12:13 AM
If you have some benydryl, dramamine or motion sickness tablets take 2 of them. Usually very effective in about 10 minutes.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Abdul Fattah
08-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Brother woodrow, you for real? dramine and motion sickness against mosquito bites? Isn't that like using a rocket launcher to kill a mice? I guess I'm the one to talk with the tooth paste and stuff :)

Benydryl
If you meanth benedryl, that's for allergy right? Are the aches from mosquitobites caused by histamine? Otherwise anti-histamines will not work against it.

Ameeratul Layl
08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
Salam,

I went to Spain and there were so many mosquitos. I took a mosquito bite spary. The sprays are good because they sting and then it calms down.

Note: Do not wear clothing that will irritate the skin.

Spray is the best way to calm/soothe the itching.

Wasalam

afriend
08-04-2006, 03:21 PM
I live 10 miles from the nearst store.....Buying stuff is way out of my league......jazakallah everybody!

Ameeratul Layl
08-04-2006, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
I live 10 miles from the nearst store.....Buying stuff is way out of my league......jazakallah everybody!

:sl:
Oh subhanAllah, I did not think I would have to go this far.
Fine, there is a way that I tend to try and soothe the itchiness of the bites.

Note: If you are not the gruesome type, please do not read after this point.

Bismillah...

I took a safety pin, burnt it on the gas (and I have also used a pin that has not been burnt).
I have then poked into the bite.
Then, squeezed all the poison out whilst wiping it with a tissue.

You can use this way brother, but I would rather you went to the doctor.

Wasalam

chacha_jalebi
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
salaam

bro the best way is to get a fly spray, but if u have vaseline put it over the bites, that will inshallah stop the itchin!!!

also RasoolAllah (saw) said if you have any pain or irritation in body place your hand on d part it hurts & say Bismillah x 3, then "aoothu billahi wa qudratihi, min sharri ma ajidu wa uhaathiru" 3 times :D:D:D

hope ya get tick tock bro :D

Woodrow
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
Brother woodrow, you for real? dramine and motion sickness against mosquito bites? Isn't that like using a rocket launcher to kill a mice? I guess I'm the one to talk with the tooth paste and stuff :)

Benydryl
If you meanth benedryl, that's for allergy right? Are the aches from mosquitobites caused by histamine? Otherwise anti-histamines will not work against it.
Yep the itching and aches from a mosquito bite is a histamatic reaction.

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-04-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
Oh subhanAllah, I did not think I would have to go this far.
Fine, there is a way that I tend to try and soothe the itchiness of the bites.

Note: If you are not the gruesome type, please do not read after this point.

Bismillah...

I took a safety pin, burnt it on the gas (and I have also used a pin that has not been burnt).
I have then poked into the bite.
Then, squeezed all the poison out whilst wiping it with a tissue.

You can use this way brother, but I would rather you went to the doctor.

Wasalam
Poison?:eek:

Ameeratul Layl
08-05-2006, 08:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm_Shaheed
Poison?:eek:

Whatever it is mosquitos insert into a humans.

:w:

afriend
08-05-2006, 09:04 PM
lol...It's not poison or anything....usually it's malaria :eek: but u can't get it out cos it mixes in with the blood flow......the red spot occurs due to irritation, and it's contens are puss.......

Anywho.......carry on givin me more tips, the toothpaste one was great, jazakallah bro ;)

Ameeratul Layl
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM
lol...It's not poison or anything....usually it's malaria :eek: but u can't get it out cos it mixes in with the blood flow......the red spot occurs due to irritation, and it's contens are puss.......

Anywho.......carry on givin me more tips, the toothpaste one was great, jazakallah bro ;)

Akhee, at least it is possible to take the puss out. Don't worry if some of it goes into the blood but take as much of it out as you can. It feels so good when you see the liquid pouring out.

Try it akhee.

Woodrow
08-05-2006, 09:07 PM

Whatever it is mosquitos insert into a humans.

Mosquitos are actually quite marvelous inventions. The substance that is injected is actually a temporary anesthetic to prevent us from feeling it while they are making a meal out of us. The critters find us by a guidance system that is sensitve to the carbon dioxide we exhale. Their proboscus is a well designed hypodermic needle. Very efficient for a bug.

The itching we expeience after the bite is an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. It is such a tiny amount that is actually injected it is unbelievable that it would even affect us big old humans.

I don't think I can be convinced that the mosquito formed as the result of random evolution.

afriend
08-05-2006, 09:10 PM
Akhee, at least it is possible to take the puss out. Don't worry if some of it goes into the blood but take as much of it out as you can. It feels so good when you see the liquid pouring out.

Try it akhee.

:eek: LOOOLLL!!!

My goodness :p....that's what I used to do until I found out it only leaves scabs and scars :D......

Mosquitos are actually quite marvelous inventions. The substance that is injected is actually a temporary anesthetic to prevent us from feeling it while they are making a meal out of us. The critters find us by a guidance system that is sensitve to the carbon dioxide we exhale. Their proboscus is a well designed hypodermic needle. Very efficient for a bug.

The itching we expeience after the bite is an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. It is such a tiny amount that is actually injected it is unbelievable that it would even affect us big old humans.

I don't think I can be convinced that the mosquito formed as the result of random evolution.
Subhanallah.....Only a fool would have that sort of concept...

Kittygyal
08-05-2006, 10:33 PM
:sl: Everybody.

I'm going mad here, anything to soothe the itchiness?

Yathaabakum ullah! (quick :heated:)

get a leaf and scrub on your body, also you can get cream from there :)

Ameeratul Layl
08-06-2006, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Mosquitos are actually quite marvelous inventions. The substance that is injected is actually a temporary anesthetic to prevent us from feeling it while they are making a meal out of us.
Yes, I learnt about this in Biology from having to watch a documentary. I wonder what our anesthetic is? SubhanAllah.

Anyhow, Br Iqram, do use the squeezing out process and where the sxabs are concerned. Do not pick them. They will heal.inshAllah.

afriend
08-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, I learnt about this in Biology from having to watch a documentary. I wonder what our anesthetic is? SubhanAllah.

Anyhow, Br Iqram, do use the squeezing out process and where the sxabs are concerned. Do not pick them. They will heal.inshAllah.

Lol...It's ok...i think i'll stick to the non vicious way ;DjazakAllah 4 all ur help :)

light itching with nails feels good :p

Snowflake
08-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Eat loads of garlic or take garlic supplements. Mosquitos hate the smell. And will leave you alone.

afriend
08-06-2006, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Eat loads of garlic or take garlic supplements. Mosquitos hate the smell. And will leave you alone.
;D jazakallah sis...I thin I'll take the itch :p.....

Nah, it was only wen I went to North Carolina for a few days.....Now don't go out the house ;D

Najiullah
08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
;D jazakallah sis...I thin I'll take the itch :p.....

Nah, it was only wen I went to North Carolina for a few days.....Now don't go out the house ;D
bro what do u do when u go to Banglaesh

u dont come out of water there??:D

afriend
08-06-2006, 11:04 PM
LOL...I havnt been bangladesh in 6 years ;D first time out of UK in 6 years which is this year....

mlsh27
08-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Ok, so I get millions of mosquito bites. Mosquitoes are attracted to lactic acid in the blood...the higher the amount, the more they are attracted to you. Usually I use a steroid anti-itch cream, but it's prescription. Also, you can put ice on the bite to reduce swelling and take away the itch.

Najiullah
08-06-2006, 11:12 PM
LOL...I havnt been bangladesh in 6 years ;D first time out of UK in 6 years which is this year....
ok bro best of luck for ur bangladesh trip :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.