/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fairness for all only solution for the Middle East

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 02:36 AM
The atrocities committed by ISrael against the people in Lebanon and Palestine have blatantly revealed to the whole world that the Israeli and American governments are not treating the lives of innocent children and women there as equal to that of Israeli citizens.

The US president, who professes to be a Christian, has not shown any Christian spirit in his handling of the political problem in the Middle East.

The root cause of the problem in the Middle East is not the Hamas or the Hezbollah, but the oppression of the Muslims in favour of the Jews.

The solution to peace in that region is to allow fairness to be given to all in the Middle East and not to treat Israelis as first class citizens and the rest as second class.

I am a Christian; I am a child of God.

So are all my brothers and sisters of all faiths.

Stop murdering my brothers and sisters in the Middle East who are children of God also.

CH'NG CHIN YEOW
KUALA LUMPUR

(Source: The Star, 04.08.2006, page N56)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
08-04-2006, 02:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
The atrocities committed by ISrael against the people in Lebanon and Palestine have blatantly revealed to the whole world that the Israeli and American governments are not treating the lives of innocent children and women there as equal to that of Israeli citizens.

The US president, who professes to be a Christian, has not shown any Christian spirit in his handling of the political problem in the Middle East.

The root cause of the problem in the Middle East is not the Hamas or the Hezbollah, but the oppression of the Muslims in favour of the Jews.

The solution to peace in that region is to allow fairness to be given to all in the Middle East and not to treat Israelis as first class citizens and the rest as second class.

I am a Christian; I am a child of God.

So are all my brothers and sisters of all faiths.

Stop murdering my brothers and sisters in the Middle East who are children of God also.

CH'NG CHIN YEOW
KUALA LUMPUR

(Source: The Star, 04.08.2006, page N56)
There is plenty of "murdering" going on in the Middle East and alot of blaming. The only way to achieve peace is to stop the blame game and for both sides to make the necessary sacrifices in order to make it possible. That includes Israel giving up more territory, and the Palestinians giving up the "right of return."

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
and the Palestinians giving up the "right of return."
Can u elaborate this please? :rollseyes

Keltoi
08-04-2006, 02:47 AM
Can u elaborate this please? :rollseyes
This was one of Yasser Arafat's demands during the numerous peace deals held at Camp David. It is asking for all Palestinian refugees to have the right to return, something the Israelis will not allow. Yasser Arafat knew the Israelis would not consider such a move, and it sabotaged many peace deals that would have given the Palestinian people peace and their own state.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 02:52 AM
This was one of Yasser Arafat's demands during the numerous peace deals held at Camp David. It is asking for all Palestinian refugees to have the right to return, something the Israelis will not allow. Yasser Arafat knew the Israelis would not consider such a move, and it sabotaged many peace deals that would have given the Palestinian people peace and their own state.
For me if a Palestinian want to return to his land (inside ISrael), he can choose whether:

1) To be an Israeli citizen
2) To be a Palestinian citizen, with Permanent Resident status.

But he must be loyal and supportive to the Israeli community.

Just let them return to their lands.....

Keltoi
08-04-2006, 03:01 AM
For me if a Palestinian want to return to his land (inside ISrael), he can choose whether:

1) To be an Israeli citizen
2) To be a Palestinian citizen, with Permanent Resident status.

But he must be loyal and supportive to the Israeli community.

Just let them return to their lands.....
By international law, refugees have the right to return to their homes at the end of a conflict. However, after the Arab/Israeli War, Israel has refused to allow such a thing to occur. Of course the Arab countries wouldn't give the Palestinians citizenship in their countries, except for Jordan I believe.

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 03:04 AM
By international law, refugees have the right to return to their homes at the end of a conflict. However, after the Arab/Israeli War, Israel has refused to allow such a thing to occur. Of course the Arab countries wouldn't give the Palestinians citizenship in their countries, except for Jordan I believe.
If they have at least RM 300,000.00, maybe they can come to Malaysia under "Malaysia, My Second Home" scheme. I dont think that this conflict would be 'over' within few years.

Furthermore, if Malaysia can welcomed Bosnian refugees, why they dont welcome refugees from Iraq, Palestine and Lebanon? Hmmmmmm :rollseyes .

wilberhum
08-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Fairness for all only solution for the Middle East
Then why is there only condemination for Isreal? Is that Fairness?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.