/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about Muslim leaders?

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Seeing how the leaders of the Muslim world react to current situation. What do you think about them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 09:21 AM
I hope many people could vote, to see how do we look upon our leaders!!!

S_87
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
:sl:

i think they are a reflection of the ummah in general.
i know we like to complain about them so much but then looking at the ummah as a whole we are all the same.. in different ways.

if we want a change we have to change ourselves

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 09:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

i think they are a reflection of the ummah in general.
i know we like to complain about them so much but then looking at the ummah as a whole we are all the same.. in different ways.

if we want a change we have to change ourselves
How can we change ... if we are being 'controlled'?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-04-2006, 09:29 AM
^ Agreed

S_87
08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

how are we being *controlled*

we need to get back on the Quraan and Sunnah. no ones stopping us doing that.
we need to get the people around us doing the same.
when we change ourselves we will see a change in leadership.
a ruler cant be right and just and his people totally wanting western ways and totally uneducated in the deen.
im not saying those rulers today are justified or whatever im saying stop complaining about them because thats not gonna do anything, concentrate on how we can be better

umm-sulaim
08-04-2006, 09:36 AM
lets make du'aa for our muslim leaders, one of the salaf said if i was told to make du3aa for only one person in the world, it would be a leader, they asked him why? he replied, because a good leader has an effect on everyone...his khayr reaches everywhere
and as the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said" la tu3een akhaaka 3ala ashaytaan"
don't help the shaytaan against your brother...
du3aa is powerful, lets use it...

IbnAbdulHakim
08-04-2006, 09:44 AM

a ruler cant be right and just and his people totally wanting western ways and totally uneducated in the deen.
im not saying those rulers today are justified or whatever im saying stop complaining about them because thats not gonna do anything, concentrate on how we can be better
we need a khalifah, Thats what we need !!

north_malaysian
08-04-2006, 09:45 AM

I dont know about your country .... but in my country, we are being 'controlled'...... to change the current government ... is like ..... very hard....

Plus in recent poll ONLY 18% want Islamic state.

Dawud_uk
08-04-2006, 12:19 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

most of them are kaffirs, they have rejected the deen and chose to rule by other than shariah and should be forced to repent or be removed.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

S_87
08-04-2006, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
I dont know about your country .... but in my country, we are being 'controlled'...... to change the current government ... is like ..... very hard....

Plus in recent poll ONLY 18% want Islamic state.

18%
that says alot

with regards to khalifa- the best example of setting up an islamic state is look how Muhammed :arabic5: did it. after the hearts of the muslims of madinah were steong for islam, after He :arabic5: had sent the sahabah to teach them about islam, he then moved to Madinah today we need to work on our hearts first!

Dawud_uk
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

on the one hand a righteous ruler could help change matters massively for the better so people cry out 'khilafa!' all the time, little realising it has to be worked for and fought for if necessary.

others say why talk about the rulers when we are all corrupt ourselves?
pointed out that in islam we are taught that Allah never changed the condition of a people until they change themselves.

the answer is surely the middle path however,
we need to stop thinking that by holding conferences on khilafa we will have much effort or that the corrupt rulers should be left in place,

we need to work on both paths at once, trying to remove the corrupt rulers and reform the people at once and not expecting one to necessarily fix the other but that we need to support one with the other but both need working on.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

IbnAbdulHakim
08-04-2006, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

we need to work on both paths at once, trying to remove the corrupt rulers and reform the people at once and not expecting one to necessarily fix the other but that we need to support one with the other but both need working on.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Agreed but i think Ahmedinejad is extremely brave, cant we just turn him pious or something and appoint him khalifa?

PS: I know this is just talk, but if you think about it with the will of Allah its possible...

Dawud_uk
08-04-2006, 02:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mazed
Agreed but i think Ahmedinejad is extremely brave, cant we just turn him pious or something and appoint him khalifa?

PS: I know this is just talk, but if you think about it with the will of Allah its possible...
assalaamu alaykum,

he is talking a good talk i admit, but at the moment other than backing up the lebonese shi'a what else has he done?

he is also a rafadi shi'a, they're beliefs are kufr and once again they are not ruling iran by shariah but a mixture of shi'a religious rulings, tribal custom and secular law.

he is one of the better of a bad lot and insha'allah he changes for the better but he came to the mainstream jammat of islam and wanted to rule by pure shariah how long do you think he would last before he was killed?

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

al-fateh
08-04-2006, 02:59 PM
we need some true leaders in Islam

IbnAbdulHakim
08-04-2006, 03:11 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

he is one of the better of a bad lot and insha'allah he changes for the better but he came to the mainstream jammat of islam and wanted to rule by pure shariah how long do you think he would last before he was killed?

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Well if a khalifa is actually established and pledges are taken the the protection of the ummah would befall him. But thats "ASSUMING" He returns to Ahlal sunnah and sunnah ALONE !

What can harm you when your the ummah once more?

Dawud_uk
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

you are forgetting there is already an 'Amir al-mumineen' and we should all be offering him our support and aid if we possibly can, even if all we can give are our du'as

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hijaabi22
08-04-2006, 03:43 PM
[PIE]I HAVE NO IDEAAAAAAA![/PIE]

wafa islam
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM

As sister amani said we should work on our hearts first !! We should change ourselves before we can change others, like my local Imam said in a muhaadara (lecture) "A change will not come down from the sab3a samawaat, you should change yourselves first"

Brother north_malaysian you should read this Ayah in Surat Ar-Ra3d:

Inna Allaha la yughayyiru ma bi qaumin 7atta yughayyiru ma bi anfusihim

The translation of the Ayah is: “Allaah will not change the condition of a people as long as they do not change their state themselves.” (Ar-Ra‘d: 11).

lets make du'aa for our muslim leaders, one of the salaf said if i was told to make du3aa for only one person in the world, it would be a leader, they asked him why? he replied, because a good leader has an effect on everyone...his khayr reaches everywhere
and as the prophet alayhi salaatu wassalaam said" la tu3een akhaaka 3ala ashaytaan"
don't help the shaytaan against your brother...
du3aa is powerful, lets use it....
Very good point sister umm-sulaim

You can read this khutbah by Shaykh Huthayfi for more information

http://www.alminbar.com/khutbaheng/2290.htm

:w:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM

yeah i agree the fact we need to change ourselves, and i think the muslim leaders should aswell, and then establish a proper islamic state

ma'salamah

KAding
08-05-2006, 01:54 AM
I think you guys are too focussed on leaders. Good and justr government is about more then just who leads it. It requires strong institutions and stability, so that power can be transferred peacefully even after a leader dies. Without stable institutions a good leader will have trouble functioning, since the rest of society is likely to be corrupt and volatile.

So I would say that more Muslims should work to make their countries strong and stable. This means they should plot less to overthrow their current governments, since such plotting will lead first and foremost to instability and civil strife. Patience is a virtue ;).

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 02:02 AM
I am compelled to dislike the politics of Syria but whenever I see Bashar al-Assad on t.v. my heart begins to leap. I think he's dreamy.

Link
08-05-2006, 02:39 AM
The sunni scholars have made fatwas that is neccessary for all muslims to support hizbollah.

The Iranian scholars have done the same.

It's only some wahabi paid scholars and the puppet governments that are not reacting well to the situation.

Najiullah
08-05-2006, 02:43 AM
we need a khalifah, Thats what we need !!
exactly i agree with yaa brother

S_87
08-05-2006, 11:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link

It's only some wahabi paid scholars and the puppet governments that are not reacting well to the situation.
A- Wahhab= name exclusive to Allah. do NOT use it in such a manner :grumbling

B- arent you paid when YOU work?

C- which scholar are you referring to and please do NOT bring up the fatwa issued by sheikh jibreen like SEVEN years ago

Amazing Grace
08-06-2006, 04:52 PM
Dear Holiness,

The Catholic Community Forum has been the most tolerant and patient with me and that gives me great hope that it is reflective and continues to be reflective of the church. I have posted the following discussion on the Catholic Community Forum at: http://www.catholic-forum.com/forums...5838#post85838

CCF:

Thank you for your guidance and patience as I am truly grappling with the enormity and power of the question I posed. No doubt I error in so many ways. It burdens my heart to ponder these weighty questions and saddens me greatly to pose them publicly.

What if the flaw in all our responses, including the responses of the church, is to grasp so tightly to the shelter and safety and comfort of our own dogma that even the church itself can not be in the world with outsiders to our faith, ever?

What do I mean by this, "even the church itself can not be in the world with outsiders to our faith, ever?"

Help me know my errors.

Tasking the church at the highest level, tasking the Pope himself from, may I refer to this task as the Great Encouragement?

Here is the enormity of this depressing question. When the power of the website itself begins forth thousands, then tens of thousands, then millions, then tens of millions, then billions of similar responses in sending in Notes of Encouragement to religious leaders, the church then is faced with a choice. How the church reacts to that choice is the question.

What preconditions must be satisfied to enable the church to accept the enormous task encouraged upon it by the petition raised through the website?

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI has laid out one level of guidance which helps, "spiritual emulation, " respectful of each one's identity and more united in the service of common good"

In the interest of the "common good" referred to by Pope, may I extrapolate?

The Muslim will enter such discussions for the common good with the predisposition of understanding which he will be certain of, that Christ (may his name be praised) has not been proven divine and perhaps also the Muslim will feel the Holy Trinity makes no sense; it is the Christian that must come to change.

The Christian will enter such discussions for the common good with the predisposition of understanding which he will be certain of, that Mohammad (may his name be praised) has not enabled a religion of love, that he was a sinner of the highest order, a mortal spirit; it is the Muslim that must come to change.

If our Christian faith is a faith based on love, then isn't our required response posed by the enormity of the question and the task posed through the Great Encouragement, to forgive the Muslim and accept him as our brother, and treat him as such, for the common good?

I have come to the conclusion that God's larger plan for man is to recognize the good in each other and work with that. I guess the question I ask is simply, if I can do this, if billions of other ordinary people can do this, then can and will the Pope speak for this man (me) and do this too?

Rich Buckley
A visiting Methodist
Livermore, CA

Skillganon
08-06-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amazing Grace
Dear Holiness,

The Catholic Community Forum has been the most tolerant and patient with me and that gives me great hope that it is reflective and continues to be reflective of the church. I have posted the following discussion on the Catholic Community Forum at: http://www.catholic-forum.com/forums...5838#post85838

CCF:

Thank you for your guidance and patience as I am truly grappling with the enormity and power of the question I posed. No doubt I error in so many ways. It burdens my heart to ponder these weighty questions and saddens me greatly to pose them publicly.

What if the flaw in all our responses, including the responses of the church, is to grasp so tightly to the shelter and safety and comfort of our own dogma that even the church itself can not be in the world with outsiders to our faith, ever?

What do I mean by this, "even the church itself can not be in the world with outsiders to our faith, ever?"

Help me know my errors.

Tasking the church at the highest level, tasking the Pope himself from, may I refer to this task as the Great Encouragement?

Here is the enormity of this depressing question. When the power of the website itself begins forth thousands, then tens of thousands, then millions, then tens of millions, then billions of similar responses in sending in Notes of Encouragement to religious leaders, the church then is faced with a choice. How the church reacts to that choice is the question.

What preconditions must be satisfied to enable the church to accept the enormous task encouraged upon it by the petition raised through the website?

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI has laid out one level of guidance which helps, "spiritual emulation, " respectful of each one's identity and more united in the service of common good"

In the interest of the "common good" referred to by Pope, may I extrapolate?

The Muslim will enter such discussions for the common good with the predisposition of understanding which he will be certain of, that Christ (may his name be praised) has not been proven divine and perhaps also the Muslim will feel the Holy Trinity makes no sense; it is the Christian that must come to change.

The Christian will enter such discussions for the common good with the predisposition of understanding which he will be certain of, that Mohammad (may his name be praised) has not enabled a religion of love, that he was a sinner of the highest order, a mortal spirit; it is the Muslim that must come to change.

If our Christian faith is a faith based on love, then isn't our required response posed by the enormity of the question and the task posed through the Great Encouragement, to forgive the Muslim and accept him as our brother, and treat him as such, for the common good?

I have come to the conclusion that God's larger plan for man is to recognize the good in each other and work with that. I guess the question I ask is simply, if I can do this, if billions of other ordinary people can do this, then can and will the Pope speak for this man (me) and do this too?

Rich Buckley
A visiting Methodist
Livermore, CA
Hello AMazing Grace, nice post. I can understand the reason of the post, but it will better to offer this post in the comparative religion section.

We can have a theological discussion.

Amazing Grace
08-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Dear Skillganor,

Thank you for your guidance. Some short while ago (before receiving your kind reply) I posted a slightly more detailed and relevant petition of sots on: Religions, Chritiantity New Topic:
Peace And Conflict Resolution, Focus on underlying causes at:

http://examining-doctrines.com/forum...st=0#entry1308

I am not qualified to discuss comparative religions nor am I enclined as they seem to always end up testing each other for IQ's and creditals, whereas I probably have little of both. Others in Peace and Conflict Resolution.Org are qualified perhaps, but I am out of my depth in such matters as I surround myself with some of the worlds' great minds, and they are much help to me and most tolerent of my many errors.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by searchingsoul
I am compelled to dislike the politics of Syria but whenever I see Bashar al-Assad on t.v. my heart begins to leap. I think he's dreamy.
lol. ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 12:34 PM
assalaamu alaykum,

you are forgetting there is already an 'Amir al-mumineen' and we should all be offering him our support and aid if we possibly can, even if all we can give are our du'as

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
subhanAllah i wasnt aware of this, whos the ameer ul-mu'mineen?

Dawud_uk
08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
subhanAllah i wasnt aware of this, whos the ameer ul-mu'mineen?
Muhammad Umar,

Bayt was given to Amir-ul-mu'mineen by all the mujhadeen operating in afghanistan and from that muslim state and has never been renounced.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Dawud_uk
08-07-2006, 12:44 PM
MULLA MUHAMMAD UMAR MUJAHID

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

MULLA MUHAMMAD UMAR MUJAHID

PART I

FAMILY BACKGROUND AND BIRTH

Ameer-ul-Mumineen Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid belongs to a respected family of religious scholars. His family is renown for the religious services offered by it for centuries. His full name is Muhammad Umar Mujahid bin Maulwi Ghulam Nabi Akhwand bin Mulla Muhammad Rasool Akhwand bin Mulla Muhammad Ayaz Akhwand. He belongs to a well-known branch of the Hootak tribe, which has been living in Kandahar for about a hundred years. Mulla Muhammad Omar was born in 1960 in the 'Noori' village in Kandahar Province. Kandahar used to be the capital of the Indo-Subcontinent when it was justly ruled by the great Afghan Mujahid conqueror, Ahmad Shah Abdali. Mulla Umar's father, Maulwai Ghulam Nabi, was a religious scholar and the Imam at a mosque in Noori. His predecessors lived in the province of Zabul, in the districts of Shakay and Beirut, where, even today, a water stream is remembered by the name of one of Mulla Umar's respected elders. Mulla Umar's family has produced religious scholars in every generation, who have rendered countless services to Islam for centuries. His family is well known to have a great fervour for Islam. Almost all of his predecessors have been religious scholars, rendering religious services in the southern provinces of Kandahar, Zabul and Uruzgan. The people of Afghanistan have consulted his elders for centuries, seeking guidance on religious, economical and social issues.

ORPHAN AT THE AGE OF THREE

Mulla Omar was just three when his father, Maulwi Ghulam Nabee Akhwand, passed away at the age of forty. He was the only child of his parents. His younger brother and three elder sisters had passed away at a young age. Therefore, after his father's demise, he was not only an orphan but also the only child of his mother. Who could have thought at that time that this poor boy would go on to become the Ameer-ul-Mumineen of Afghanistan and a symbol of bravery, valour, patience, humbleness and Jihad in the Way of Allah (SWT)? After his father's death, his eldest paternal uncle, Maulwi Muhammad Anwar, married his mother and remains the head of the family. Allah (SWT) gave the family three sons and four daughters, who are still alive and waging Jihad in the Way of Allah (SWT). One of his brothers was martyred in 1998 when a massive bomb went off outside his office in Kandahar.

It was an assassination attempt on his life planned by both the CIA and the Northern Alliance Commander, Ahmad Shah Masood, who by the will of Allah (SWT), was assassinated on 9 September 2001. Other paternal uncles of Mulla Umar are Haji Mulla Muhammad Hanafiyyah Akhwand, Haji Mulla Muhammad Jumma Akhwand and Haji Mulla Muhammad Wali Akhwand. All of his uncles are known to have great fear of Allah (SWT) but Mulla Wali Muhammad Akhwand stands out for his excessive prayers and remembrance of Allah (SWT). All his family members live under the same roof with love and unity. The young men in the family are all participating in Jihad and are sacrificing their life and wealth to rid the world of Disbelief and Evil.

ISLAMIC EDUCATION

Mulla Umar received primary education from his benign guardian, loving stepfather and generous uncle, Maulwi Muhammad Anwar, who was a religious scholar and Imam at a mosque in the Beirut district of the Uruzgan province where he taught a mass of religious students. Other than his under his uncle, he studied the Quran, Hadith and Fiqh from many accomplished scholars whose names are not available. For a period he also remained a student of his other uncle, Mulla Muhammad Jumma Akhwand.

FAMILY HOUSE, LAND AND ESTATE

Mulla Muhammad Umar's family, a family of tribal scholars, never went after the attractions of this world. Instead they chose to devout their lives for the propagation of Islam and the imparting of religious knowledge. Their lives are a living symbol of patience and gratefulness towards Allah (SWT). Upholding the name of Islam and following its laws staunchly were goals superior to all worldly gains. Wealth and material possessions were never able to weaken their resolve. It was due to this disregard for the luxuries and life of this world that neither Mulla Umar nor any of his uncles own any houses, land or estates.

MARCHING TOWARDS THE BATTLEFIELDS AT EIGHTEEN

It was 1978CE (1398 AH) and Mulla Umar was studying the highest-level book of the Hanafi school, the 'Hidayah', when Afghanistan was stormed by Communist aggressors, followed by the Soviet Red Army in December 1979. Thousands of young Muslims with the fear of Allah (SWT) and honour, decided to quell the Red insurgence. Among these soldiers of Allah (SWT) was an energetic young man of no more than eighteen years of age: Mulla Muhammad Omar. Filled with religious fervor and love for Islam, he took up weapons and headed for the battlefield. At the height of his youth, he stepped forward against the disbelievers and terrorised their ranks. He had resolved to revive the forgotten duty of Jihad that Allah (SWT) and his Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) adored so much and whose real meaning was bygone for the Muslim Ummah. He actively participated in the Jihad from the very beginning and it was then that the foundations of the Taliban Islamic Movement and the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan were laid, which were to serve as the source of light, hope and life for the dejected Muslim Ummah drowned in the darkness of apathy. It was, in effect, the beginning of the Islamic renaissance.

INJURIES SUSTAINED IN URUZGAN DURING JIHAD

At the onset of the Jihad against the Communists and the Russians, he was fighting the enemies of Allah (SWT) in the Beirut district of Uruzgan Province. It was whilst he was wrecking the ranks of the disbelieving invaders that he sustained serious injuries on two occasions. The first time was when his leg was badly inured by rocket shrapnel and the second time was when he came under intense machinegun fire, which left his body riddled with bullets. He received medical treatment for the extreme wounds inflicted on his body, which, though they wounded his body, never scratched his incessant will to wage Jihad against the forces of Satan. Soon, by the grace of Allah (SWT), he regained his health and was back in the battlefield to devastate the enemies of Allah (SWT).

His valour and gallantry filled the enemies with terror and his ceaseless attacks on the Communists raised alarm. His experienced and perceptive uncle anticipated the designs and conspiracies of the Communists and advised him to move the centre of his guerrilla operations to the South-Western district of Panjwai. Another reason for selecting this area was that the Kandahar-Herat highway passed through this district, which was a crucial supply line for the Communists. This busy road was an excellent target for guerrilla activities, so Mulla Umar moved his unit of Mujahideen to Panjwai. His excellence as a leader, competence as a tactician and unmatched fearlessness made him emerge as an exemplary guerrilla commander. His fellow Mujahideen admired him for his humble ways, good manners and virtuosity, whereas the oppressed Afghans adored him for being an honest and generous man. On the other hand, his presence was a nightmare for the Communists and the Russians. He paid occasional visits to his parents in Uruzgan during this period of Jihad.

GETTING INJURED FOR THE THIRD TIME

It was during the period when he was fighting the Russians in the area of Sangsar, that he was badly injured for the third time, in an intense encounter with the Soviets. This time he sacrificed his right eye in the Way of Allah (SWT). His companions said that he was taken to a hospital in Quetta, Pakistan, due to the severity of his injury. After surgery, he was advised by the doctors to make Tayammum (ablution without water) instead of making Wudu (ablution with water) since water could have aggravated his wounds. Against the doctors' advice, he always used water for ablution and never prayed without proper Wudu. He used to say: "It is not possible for me to stop making Wudu for such minor wounds."

ON THE SIXTEENTH RPG, IT WENT UP IN FLAMES

Mulla Umar's companions during the Jihad against the Soviets and Communists included the Talibans' first and foremost Commander-in-Chief, Shaheed Mulla Muhammad (RA), Shaheed Mulla Naik Muhammad (RA), Shaheed Mulla Borjan (RA) and famous commanders, Mulla Bradar, Mulla Yaranah, Mulla Ubaidullah and Mulla Akhwandzadah. At that time he was associated with Maulwi Nabi Muhammad's group, Harakat-ul-Inqelab-al-Islami. He was the group's local commander and a sure shot with the RPG-7 (antitank weapon). Refreshing his memoirs of those days, one of his old time friends described an encounter with Russian armour. It was in the district of Panjwai where the Mujahideen under Mulla Umar's command were fighting the Russians. One of the Russian tanks was expertly hidden in the terrain and had inflicted substantial damage on the Mujahideen. This tank had martyred many of the Mujahideen therefore imposing on them considerable pressure. The tank was placed in its position with such skill thereby making it lethal for the Mujahideen to target. In order to tackle this hurdle and to ensure the safety of his fellow Mujahideen, Mulla Umar took the challenge. Armed with a RPG launcher and a supply of rockets, he moved to a position from where he could attack the menacing armour. He fired a sequence of rockets on the tank and at last, on the sixteenth RPG, by the will of Allah (SWT) it went up in flames.

INTERACTION WITH THE WORLD DURING JIHAD

During the Jihad neither Mulla Umar nor any of his family members migrated to Pakistan, Iran or any other country. They stood firm and chose to defend their faith and honour at the cost of their lives and wealth. On the rugged mountains they made their stand and from here they swooped on the Red Soviet Bear. During 14 years of Jihad against the Russians and after their defeat, Mulla Umar rarely travelled outside Afghanistan except for receiving medical treatment in the border town of Quetta. It was common practice among Afghan commanders to visit Pakistan every year and enjoy the luxuries of city life while they consulted their supporting governments and received aid. Mulla Umar, on the contrary, never made any such trips, which probably saved him from foreign influence and prejudice. Being a low-level commander, the needs of his unit were fulfilled locally and never demanded his absence from the battlefield. This turned out to be truly beneficial for the future of Islam and Jihad. Fortunately for the Muslim Ummah, all throughout his life he was exposed to only two elements: pure Islamic education and practical Jihad in the way of Allah (SWT). These exemplary fourteen years of his life are filled with purpose, chivalry, courage, vigour and perseverance in the way of Allah (SWT). Allah (SWT) willed for him a country life filled with Islamic knowledge and Jihad battlefields. The Almighty never exposed him to the outside world filled with greed, egocentricity and corruption. He was gifted with a true understanding of Islam and Shariah (Islamic laws), which, upon implementation, transformed war torn Afghanistan into a depiction of the Islamic society during the time of the Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and his Companions (RAAH).

MARRIAGE AND RETURN TO EDUCATION

After the defeat and subsequent evacuation of the Soviet forces from Afghanistan, Mulla Umar went back to his religious studies. In a quiet and simple fashion, he got married at the age of 31. Allah (SWT) blessed him with two sons, Yaqub and Idris. There have been reports of Yaqub's martyrdom in the recent barbaric bombing by the Americans on Kandahar. While the Mujahideen commanders initiated a power struggle for Kabul, he started to teach at the local mosque.

POST-COMMUNIST ERA

With the passage of time, the post Communist era in Afghanistan saw even more destruction and oppression perpetrated by the so-called Mujahideen leaders. As the situation of law and order deteriorated, and the honour and property of the common man became even more insecure, the Afghans became dismayed with the power hungry commanders. Most of these commanders were Communists who had infiltrated the ranks of the Mujahideen to take advantage of their success. It was the survival of the fittest and the weak had no one to turn to for justice. The honour and chastity of women was neither safe inside their homes nor outside. Sick women were abducted from hospitals, never to be seen again. Parents smuggled their young sons to Pakistan just to save them from the paedophile commanders. The Governor of Kandahar, Gul Agha, married a boy in a well-set and publicised wedding. After every few kilometres was a commander's check post set up to dispossess the people of their livelihood and honour. Robbery and looting was commonplace. Human life became so cheap that people were killed on minor issues. Homes and businesses were ransacked and burned down. Allah (SWT) earth's was ravaged and plundered; there was no peace and all hopes of tranquillity were at an end. Then it seemed the blood of the Martyrs and the fruits of Jihad were going to be lost.

The following account was received from a reliable source and it unveils the Satanic face of the post Russian era commanders in Afghanistan:

A man was travelling in the province of Kandahar when he was stopped at a looting point set up by a Communist commander. When the poor man was harassed for money, he asked the commander's men why they were looting him and if Allah (SWT) and His Prophet, Muhammad (SAWS), had permitted them to do so. They said they would ask Allah (SWT) and Muhammad (SAW). He was taken inside the check post and one of the harassers addressed a satanic clean-shaven man as Allah (SWT) and asked if he had given him permission to loot the poor man. The man replied yes. Then another ugly clean-shaven man was addressed as the Prophet Muhammad (SAW), who also granted their claim. Then the commander's men told the unfortunate man to hand over his money as he had witnessed Allah (SWT) and the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) affirm their demand.

STARTING THE TALIBAN ISLAMIC MOVEMENT

Mulla Muhammad Umar's heart bled as he saw the misery of the Afghans. It was unbearable for him to sit in his mosque and teach while the land of Jihad was transformed into a living hell for his people. Islam was kicked aside by the commanders and the sanctity of Muslims were torn. Afghanistan was burning and the West warmed hands over it.

It was in 1993-94; at the age of 33, that Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid, with a group of around 15-30 religious students started the Tehreek-al-Islami-at- Taliban (the Taliban Islamic Movement). They attacked the local commanders' check posts in Kandahar and after securing them, took the border town of Spin Boldak in an amazing operation. After securing the area in and around Kandahar, they implemented the Shariah Laws and chased the Communists out of the province. More students joined them and the people welcomed the Taliban everywhere they went. Soon the oppressed people of other provinces invited them and the Taliban answered to their requests. One after the other, the Taliban took over the provinces of Afghanistan and by implementing Shariah, restored peace and order.

In 1996, the Taliban took over Kabul and Mulla Muhammad Umar was unanimously accepted as the 'Ameer-ul-Mumineen' (the Leader of the Believers) of Afghanistan. Thus the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan came into existence.

CONCLUDING GLIMPSE OF HIS CHARACTER

Once a delegation of guest came to visit Mulla Umar. Fresh bread, cream, tea and other delicacies were brought for the guests and they all began to eat heartily. All except Mulla Umar that is. He refused to touch the cream or the bread. His guests ushered him to eat with them but he refused. His advisors also urged him to eat with the guests, indicating that there was nothing wrong with him eating this food since it had not been brought especially for him; it was brought for the guests and he was the host. He still refused. A few moments later, a worker brought in a bowl of plain soup together with some hard, stale bread. Mulla Umar proceeded to break the hard bread with his hands and eat it with the soup. Upon being asked the reasons for his refusal to eat the cream, Mulla Umar said: "When the lowest person in my country eats this food, then I will eat it."

IN THE NEXT PART, INSHALLAH...

We will present Mulla Muhammad Umar Mujahid's achievements as Ameer-ul- Mumineen during the seven years of the Islamic Emirate. In addition, we will give more glimpses of his personality and virtues.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 12:47 PM
oooooooooh bro i read about him before subhanAllah, i didnt realise his ameer ul-mu'mineen, jazakAllah khair for that wa barakAllah feekum!

so is he the one people keep referrin to as khawarij? What a disgusting name to give such a noble mujahid fi-sabillilah. inshaAllah he will get more support as time passes till the inevitable rise of Imam Mahdi :)

Dawud_uk
08-07-2006, 12:59 PM
oooooooooh bro i read about him before subhanAllah, i didnt realise his ameer ul-mu'mineen, jazakAllah khair for that wa barakAllah feekum!

so is he the one people keep referrin to as khawarij? What a disgusting name to give such a noble mujahid fi-sabillilah. inshaAllah he will get more support as time passes till the inevitable rise of Imam Mahdi :)
assalaamu alaykum,

yes the devients amongst the sufis hate him because he destroyed some of the tombs built over the dead awliyah and others he closed and locked up.

the modernists hate him because he is one of the muslims who has revived jihad as part of the deen.

they both call him khawarij, yet who is the one who is sided with the non muslims and attacking the muslims? Mullah Umar or his enemies? this is a trait of the khawarij and yet it is evident in the enemies of Ameer-ul-Mumineen, not in him.

as well as large parts of southern afghanistan, there is also large areas of pakistan now under control of his allies the pakistani version of the taliban under the control of Haji Omar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4927914.stm

insha'allah if enough muslims support him he will be lead the muslims to victory in establishing an islamic state again in those lands once the invaders have been driven out or killed and the apostates who sided with them are forced to renounce their allegience to them or are killed for their kufr.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Nidita
08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
:salamext:

:peace:

V......ry mch Jazakh Allaahukhaeran, for that BRILLIANT information, SUBHAN-ALLAAH, MashaAllaah-BarakAllaah, my SINCERE bro, inshaAllaah ! ! !

:peace:

:wasalamex

Rabi'ya
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM

exactly which "muslim leaders" re we talking about? coz i dont see any leaders leading through Islam at the moment...

we do ned a khalifah, but i doubt itll be brought about by any of the leaders of current countries...

:w:

Rabi'ya:rose:

Link
08-07-2006, 02:06 PM
^until then, you might want to follow the scholars in Egypt, Jordan, and other places who are calling for full support of Hizbollah.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
^until then, you might want to follow the scholars in Egypt, Jordan, and other places who are calling for full support of Hizbollah.
i dont really mind supporting the shia's but then wouldnt civil war break out after the enemies are sorted out? Because we wouldnt want shia's to rule and shia's wouldnt want muslims to rule... but still, i wouldnt hesitate one single second to help them defend the muslims!! infact i been getting ready... inshaAllah and i hope many other muslims out there are doing likewise (MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY PREPARING FOR WHAT LOOKS LIKE JIHAD FI-SABILLILAH)

afriend
08-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Hey hold up hold up........'Ameer ul mu'mineen' are selected by a shuraa committee recognised by the whole Islamic world, and there should be one member from every part of the Muslim world, or where there are many muslims (which means even UK and USA)......You can't just have a secret shuraa' and appoint a so called 'ameer ul mu'mineen', and until this day I have not been informed about this, back in the days of the khulafaa, they never had fones/internet, but the news of a new ameerul mu'mineen is spread like wildfire........

Not that I disagree, but all I'm saying is that he should be recognised by ALL the Muslims, and he should do more to involve himself with his people, I have never heard of him, that is why I think there should be a re-ellection some time soon.....

With a shuraa committee from ALL over the world, and they should be recognised........

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 02:18 PM
^ Well that is probably a good idea... but i dont think the world would allow a ameer ul-mu'mineen... especially not america/britain etc

afriend
08-07-2006, 02:20 PM
yeah.....they'll probably only want one that it their choice.....so much for democracy......

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
yeah.....they'll probably only want one that it their choice.....so much for democracy......
like i stated before many times in this forum, "NO SUCH THING AS DEMOCRACY !!" theres a group at the top making all the decisions and controlling the masses like little brainwashed insects...

Dawud_uk
08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Hey hold up hold up........'Ameer ul mu'mineen' are selected by a shuraa committee recognised by the whole Islamic world, and there should be one member from every part of the Muslim world, or where there are many muslims (which means even UK and USA)......You can't just have a secret shuraa' and appoint a so called 'ameer ul mu'mineen', and until this day I have not been informed about this, back in the days of the khulafaa, they never had fones/internet, but the news of a new ameerul mu'mineen is spread like wildfire........

Not that I disagree, but all I'm saying is that he should be recognised by ALL the Muslims, and he should do more to involve himself with his people, I have never heard of him, that is why I think there should be a re-ellection some time soon.....

With a shuraa committee from ALL over the world, and they should be recognised........

assalaamu alaykum,

do you think the word of you or me on this issue is as valid as the mujahadeen and people who fought there for the sake of Allah?

i am happy with their choice and if ever given the opportunity i would give him bayt as soon as i met him.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.