/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Enemy has No Innnocents?

rubiesand
08-04-2006, 09:51 AM
Yesha Rabbinical Council: During time of war, enemy has no innocents

The Yesha Rabbinical Council announced in response to an IDF attack in Kfar Qanna that "according to Jewish law, during a time of battle and war, there is no such term as 'innocents' of the enemy."

All of the discussions on Christian morality are weakening the spirit of the army and the nation and are costing us in the blood of our soldiers and civilians," the statement said. (Efrat Weiss)

(07.30.06, 17:37)
source

Could some of our Jewish members help me understand this please? Does this Yesha Rabbinical Council speak with authority? Is what they have stated accurate? Would this be the understanding of the majority of Jews in Israel?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dawud_uk
08-04-2006, 02:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
Yesha Rabbinical Council: During time of war, enemy has no innocents

The Yesha Rabbinical Council announced in response to an IDF attack in Kfar Qanna that "according to Jewish law, during a time of battle and war, there is no such term as 'innocents' of the enemy."

All of the discussions on Christian morality are weakening the spirit of the army and the nation and are costing us in the blood of our soldiers and civilians," the statement said. (Efrat Weiss)

(07.30.06, 17:37)
source

Could some of our Jewish members help me understand this please? Does this Yesha Rabbinical Council speak with authority? Is what they have stated accurate? Would this be the understanding of the majority of Jews in Israel?
BUMP!

rubiesand
08-04-2006, 10:15 PM
One more try? :hiding:

Dawud_uk
08-06-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
One more try? :hiding:
one last, last bump?

why are the jews on here so silent on this topic when it refers to them and they are so noisy when discussing islamic issues?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
08-06-2006, 03:24 PM
All in Denial, what do u except, I have nothing to say exept I read somewhere where it said something like kill every man, woman and infant sucklingor something along the lines of that so yea, I don't think there are an innocents

HeiGou
08-06-2006, 03:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
why are the jews on here so silent on this topic when it refers to them and they are so noisy when discussing islamic issues?
There is some dispute over the origins of that article, but the Yeshua Council is the umbrella organisation for the extremist Settler movement. They are hardly representative of Jews as a whole.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
The Yesha Rabbinical Council is not a representitive of Jewish authority, and do not represent the Jewish people, they merly represent extremists.

Let me ask you, whenever Osama Bin-Laden speaks does he represent Islam?

That is the best comparison I can make.

afriend
08-06-2006, 08:46 PM
yeah I get you.....the sister just wanted to know.....Thank you for replying to her on my behalf :)

Looking4Peace
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Thats really sick, but noone answered if thats in Jewish law?

מדינת ישׂראל
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Thats really sick, but noone answered if thats in Jewish law?
It isn't in Jewish law.

rubiesand
08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Thank you for your answer and I hope you are correct, since such a law could have no part in any civilized nation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.