/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Middle East: Who backs immediate ceasefire?

Ekaskayusmi
08-05-2006, 01:06 AM

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Which two countries stand to be hurt the most from terrorists like Hezbollah? I'd say the two that don't back an immediate cease fire.

Ekaskayusmi
08-05-2006, 01:23 AM
Define terrorist.

amirah_87
08-05-2006, 01:29 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

I'm not with it so ekaskayusmi!! :)...but has'nt Tony blair called up for a cease fire :X

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ekaskayusmi
08-05-2006, 01:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
ass salaamu alaykum,

I'm not with it so ekaskayusmi!! :)...but has'nt Tony blair called up for a cease fire :X
Wa alaykumus salam,

The last time I checked Blair refused to call for an immediate ceasefire in Lebanon.

amirah_87
08-05-2006, 01:40 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

Hmmmm is that so?? :?

Is he or anyone even in the process??

Ekaskayusmi
08-05-2006, 01:42 AM
[QUOTE=amirah_87;435383]ass salaamu alaykum,

Hmmmm is that so?? :?

Is he or anyone even in the process??[/QUOTE]

That I am not sure. Allahu Alam.

amirah_87
08-05-2006, 01:43 AM
ass salaamu alaykum,

SubhanAllah!! :-\

jazakillahu khayran sis

searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ekaskayusmi
Define terrorist.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorist
Terrorism refers to a strategy of using violence, or threat of violence to generate fear, cause disruption, and ultimately, to bring about compliance with specific political, religious, ideological, and personal demands.[1] The targets of terrorist attacks typically are not the individuals who are killed, injured, or taken hostage, but rather the societies to which these individuals belong. Terrorism is a type of unconventional warfare designed to weaken or supplant existing political landscapes through capitulation or acquiescence, as opposed to subversion or direct military action. The broader influence of terrorism in the modern world is often attributed to the dramatic focus of mass media in amplifying feelings of intense fear and anger.

The term is also used pejoratively to assert that the violence targets "innocent civilians," or that it is immoral, wanton, unjustified, indiscriminate, or executed "with disregard for human life." According to some definitions of terrorism used by states and governments, terrorists are actors who don't belong to any recognized armed force, or who don't adhere to their rules, and who are therefore regarded as "rogue actors." Groups that call themselves separatists, liberators, revolutionaries, guerrillas and other specific terms are often referenced vaguely and pejoratively by their enemies as terrorists.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.