/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Gods?

Dahir
08-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Jews believe in Yahweh (Jehovah).
Christians believe in the Trinity; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
Muslims believe in Allah (God - in Arabic dialect).

I've heard many statements from Christians, and I really can't provide the source right now, but its in some sections in "Answers" section of Yahoo.com, but the Christians I've heard of, and they don't represent all Christians, have said time and time again, that "their God" is superior to Allah, now that either means that those are ignorant people who don't know that all Abrahamic religions believe in the same, singular God, or we're having a "clash of the Gods" moment.

I know that the Christian interpretation on God is far different than the Islamic and Jewish interpretations.

Look at this from Wikipedia:

Christians claim to profess belief in one God. Historically, most Christian churches have taught that the nature of God is something of a mystery: while being a unity, God also manifests as three persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (collectively called the Trinity), the classic Christian "three becomes one" formula. Typically, Christian orthodoxy holds that these three persons are not independent but are homoousios (a Hellenistic Greek transliteration), meaning sharing the same essence or substance of divinity. The true nature of the Trinity is held to be an inexplicable mystery, deduced from New Testament but developmentally is the result of theological debate in the Council of Nicea in 325, codified in 381, and reached its full development through the work of the Cappadocian Fathers.
Hmmm...got me thinking! :?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 06:26 AM
I personally think that we all have the same god. This would include ALL religions.

Some Christians do believe that Islam worships a different God. It's mostly out of lack of exposure to Islam. Of course sometimes the Christians just want to believe that their version of God is the only acceptable version. But I find this on this forum too.

I'm not going to refute the trinity. I really don't care if people believe in it or not. I think ALL religions come down to personal faith and religious conditioning.

- Qatada -
08-05-2006, 05:39 PM
I think most religions believe that there is only one Allaah (God) - but they differ on His attributes and how to worship/obey Him. Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

afriend
08-05-2006, 05:42 PM
3=1 :heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchingsoul
08-05-2006, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
3=1 :heated:
The trinity is a difficult concept for muslims. Just keep in mind that many aspects of Islam are difficult for non-muslims to grasp.

afriend
08-05-2006, 05:51 PM
Yes..........

But that's like the most hardest thing, even for many christians....

Instead of saying 3, why nit just say Allah is one, but he is everywhere....

Zulkiflim
08-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Salaam,

For as Allah and Prophet Muhammad saw has taught that a messenger was sent to every race.

to each individual race to worship ONE GOD.

But as time passes the religon becomes corrupted and the people pervert the religon to make it into a family,exaple like pagan reliogn zues hera,or hindu religon of Shiva,Kali and so on.

From one god they then perverted the religon to make the teachers into god themsevles.

But alhamdulilah,Islam has the Quran Unchanged and inviolate.the wrold are clear...worship only ONE GOD,ALLAH.
No wives ,no children and so on.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.