/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the Punishment???

al-fateh
08-05-2006, 08:42 PM
i have questions about if there is a prescribed punishements in Islamic law for a few things:
1) drinking alcohol
2) missing prayers
3) not fasting on ramadan

what are the prescribed punishments(if any) in Islamic law for these actions?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
08-07-2006, 07:02 PM
I thining drinking alcohol is 80 lashes

I'm not sure what it is for not fasting but for missing prayers 3/4 of the 4 imaams say it's death and the 1/4 says it is beating the person until they start praying again

al-fateh
08-07-2006, 07:04 PM
alchohol???

really...

i thought thats only for adultry acts

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
I thining drinking alcohol is 80 lashes

I'm not sure what it is for not fasting but for missing prayers 3/4 of the 4 imaams say it's death and the 1/4 says it is eating theperson until they start praying again

:salamext:

Do you have an authentic source for any of that brother? jazak Allaah khayr in advance.

:wasalamex

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hijrah
08-07-2006, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MyIslamWeb.com
alchohol???

really...

i thought thats only for adultry acts
it's for the drinking of alcohol and for accusin chaste women of adultery

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 07:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:salamext:

Do you have an authentic source for any of that brother? jazak Allaah khayr in advance.

:wasalamex
First one? No

Second one? yes, it's exactly what the 4 imams said I read it in Riyadh-us-saleheen

afriend
08-07-2006, 07:18 PM
woah....No way can that be true.....bruv.....Can we please get what Allah and hnis rasool [saw] say, and not what Imams say.....So get us ahadeeth for Quraanic ayahs......The 4 imams would never do anything without those 2 things....

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
woah....No way can that be true.....bruv.....Can we please get what Allah and hnis rasool [saw] say, and not what Imams say.....So get us ahadeeth for Quraanic ayahs......The 4 imams would never do anything without those 2 things....
read riyadh-us-saleheen, there are several Hadiths used where the Prophet (P) said Salat is what separates the believer from the disbeliever

al-fateh
08-07-2006, 07:47 PM
never heard of this before

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.