/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I can't read Arabic, can I still memorize?

QuranStudy
08-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I cant read Arabic, so is there any other way to memorize the Quran?

Do you have any link/source that can present the pronounciations in English?

Thanks.

PLEASE HELP

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
08-05-2006, 08:51 PM
:salamext:

Brother, may Allaah azawajal reward you for your good intentions insha'Allaah. :)

You can check the translation, transliteration and arabic, plus audio from this site insha'Allaah.

http://quranicrealm.com

Just tick the box where it says transliteration and click on submit - then it should say how to read the arabic in english insha'Allaah.

:wasalamex

rubiesand
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
:sl: brother,

Here is a good link for the small surahs. If you click where it says [view] you will get the Arabic, English and the pronounciation all together. And they also provide an audio, so you can hear the correct pronounciation. Hope you find it useful.

link

QuranStudy
08-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I know most of the small surahs.

I want to memorize the longer ones now like Al-Baqara. I will try to me as accurate as possible in terms of the pronounciation.

Thank you for your help everyone.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Brother mashAllah, its great your doing this :) i wish u all the success but its best if you learn arabic in due time ofcourse i understand its not something one can just get up and do. But carry that intention inshaAllah in order to recite perfectly ;)

wish u all the best :)

QuranStudy
08-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Does anyone know what reward Allah gives for reciting the entire Quran in the afterlife?

Thanks.

vpb
08-05-2006, 09:53 PM
selam alaikum

here is a reading/language course of arabic
http://www.madinaharabic.com/

may Allah swt help you to learn reading arabic .

- Qatada -
08-05-2006, 09:56 PM

8 - Your position in Paradise is determined by the amount of Qur'an you memorize in this life.

'Abdullaah ibn 'Amr ibn Al-'Aas heard the Prophet (Sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) saying: "It will be said to the companion of the Qur'an: Read and elevate (through the levels of Paradise) and beautify your voice as you used to do when you were in the dunyaa (world)! For verily, your position in Paradise will be at the last verse you recite!" [Abu Daawood and At-Tirmithee, authentic]

more info.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive...ang=E&id=27182

:wasalamex

azim
08-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Asalaamu alaykum bro.

I found the best way to learn Arabic is to learn the Quran.

Memorise an ayah, and then learn the meaning of each word.

Helps you learn Quran, increases your Arabic vocab and if you come across the word again you learn that ayah quicker.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-05-2006, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Asalaamu alaykum bro.

I found the best way to learn Arabic is to learn the Quran.

Memorise an ayah, and then learn the meaning of each word..
i agree, wallahi, such a wiked way to memorise mashAllah.

manaal
08-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm very happy to hear that though you cannpt read Arabic, you are trying to memorise the surahs. Other than the links mentioned above, it would be also suitable if you could find a CD with the recitation of the Quran. A person I know has bought one from Mecca. So fi you know anyone going on Umrah you could ask them to get you a set of CDs.

But bro, I also recommend that you learn to read Arabic. Learning to read Arabic is quite easy. You need not learn the langugae as such (grammar, meanings etc.), but as a Muslim you should learn to read Arabic as it is the langugae of the Quran.

May Allah help you in what you choose to do!

QuranStudy
08-06-2006, 03:29 PM
But bro, I also recommend that you learn to read Arabic. Learning to read Arabic is quite easy. You need not learn the langugae as such (grammar, meanings etc.), but as a Muslim you should learn to read Arabic as it is the langugae of the Quran.
I did have a teacher to teach me once how to read Arabic and then the Quran. I stopped working with him after he charged 1000 taka for his services.

manaal
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
That sounds like a lot of money. In my contry there are Islamic centres and Madrasa's where they teach you Arabic for free. Students pat a fee as a gesture of gratitude.

Pray to Allah that you will find a way.

al-fateh
08-06-2006, 04:03 PM
i know a lot of people who memorize the quran but cant speak arabic

best of luck

i recommend a recitor along ur practice with it

PLAY and memorize

Serene
08-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Asslamu Alikum,

May Allah help you with your most noble endeavor to memorize and recite Qur'an in its original language. Please, do forgive me for asking for your help instead of introducing the help myself.

You see, I am currently working on a research to judge the quaility of some translations of the Qur'an.English-speaking( Non-Arabic) Praticipants are really needed for this project. You can read about this research in the education issues section under the title " Translation of the Holy Qur'an: your help is needed"
Jazakum Allah khayran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.