/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is this haraam

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2006, 02:21 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters
does anyone know if it haraam to pull ones hair out of anger and frustration. please provide evidence.
jazakallahu khair
:sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dahir
08-06-2006, 02:24 AM
So long as you don't tear out your scalp and bleed to death, I don't see the harm.

lolwatever
08-06-2006, 02:28 AM
it's definately not a commendable thing... the hadith is clear about it:

"He is not from our group who slaps his checks, tears his clothes and cries in the manner of the people of jahiliyyah." (Sahih Bukhari)

All the authentic jurists are unanimous on the point that the mourning of this type is impermissible. Even Sayyidna Husain, Radi-Allahu anhu, shortly before his demise, had advised his beloved sister Sayyidah Zainab, Radi-Allahu anha, at not to mourn over his death in this manner. He said, "My dear sister! I swear upon you that in case I die you shall not tear your clothes, nor scratch your face, nor curse anyone for me or pray for your death." (Al-Kamil, ibn Kathir vol. 4 pg. 24)

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2006, 03:52 AM
jazakallahu khair brother

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lolwatever
08-06-2006, 03:54 AM
wa iyakum sis :)

Ummu Sufyaan
08-06-2006, 09:11 AM
is this hadith exclusive to the death of someone or in general.
Because this person what frustrated over some homework! does that still count?
jazakalllahu khair

lolwatever
08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
salams sis

hehe i think the first hadith is general... but i guess if they done it without knowledge Allah will forgive them inshalah...

tearing hair out doesn't help, it just makes you more concentrationless and lose more cells ;)

salamz

Hijaabi22
08-06-2006, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
does anyone know if it haraam to pull ones hair out of anger and frustration. please provide evidence.
jazakallahu khair
why wud u wanna pull ya hair out anyways???? :rollseyes Theres other ways 2 let out ya anger without hurtin yaself.....like hurtin SUM1 ELSE :D LOL

sevgi
08-06-2006, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
jazakallahu khair

we all understand that our bodies are emanah to us from Allah. He has entrusted these bodies to us, not so we can harm them or hurt ourselves sis...harming any part of ur body is breaking the trust of Allah...so i guess, yeah in a really twisted n mild sort of way it is haraam...but u wud have to be a critical thinker to observe it in the way i have...some people may disagree with me...

take care sis...maybe we can also help wit ur homework???:D

lolwatever
08-06-2006, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
why wud u wanna pull ya hair out anyways???? :rollseyes Theres other ways 2 let out ya anger without hurtin yaself.....like hurtin SUM1 ELSE :D LOL
lool, i thoguth posh people where too good to get around others let alone hit/hurt them ;D

Malaikah
08-06-2006, 12:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------

that must be why Allah swt invented younger brothers :p

rizwana87
08-06-2006, 12:29 PM
lol u guys are funny :| or better still if ure angry you should count to 10 or pray

Malaikah
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM

doesnt the hadith say if youre standing when youre angry sit down, and if youre sitting lie down? and also make wudu

better than hitting brothers!

Hijaabi22
08-06-2006, 04:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
lool, i thoguth posh people where too good to get around others let alone hit/hurt them ;D
HMMM GUD POINT BUT HEY WATS THE POINTA WEARIN HEELS IF U AINTB GNA USE EM?? :rollseyes messssssssin lol

- Qatada -
08-06-2006, 04:38 PM
:salamext:

Relationship of sin and attitude to ‘aqeedah
http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=84299&ln=eng

It's related to your question insha'Allaah.

:wasalamex

al-fateh
08-06-2006, 05:11 PM
why hurt urself?

and i would say that type of behavior is not islamic at all..

Ummu Sufyaan
08-07-2006, 09:21 AM
asalamualakum brothers and sisters
jazakallahu khair.

Muezzin
08-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Is it haraam to pull someone else's hair out when you're angry?

...That was a joke.

Ummu Sufyaan
08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
it's definately not a commendable thing... the hadith is clear about it:

"He is not from our group who slaps his checks, tears his clothes and cries in the manner of the people of jahiliyyah." (Sahih Bukhari)

All the authentic jurists are unanimous on the point that the mourning of this type is impermissible. Even Sayyidna Husain, Radi-Allahu anhu, shortly before his demise, had advised his beloved sister Sayyidah Zainab, Radi-Allahu anha, at not to mourn over his death in this manner. He said, "My dear sister! I swear upon you that in case I die you shall not tear your clothes, nor scratch your face, nor curse anyone for me or pray for your death." (Al-Kamil, ibn Kathir vol. 4 pg. 24)
:sl: brothers and sistres.
does this mean that this person is not muslim. what happens if this person forgot, then whilst they are in this state, remebered and then stopped?
jazakallalhu khair

lolwatever
08-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Salams sis

There's degrees of disbelief, not all forms take one out of religion (for example, murder is regarded as kufr, but it is much less than say.. ascribing partners to Allah)

and if the person is ignorant, inshalah they will be forgiven and they should be informed of their mistake.

take care all the bes :)
salamz

Ummu Sufyaan
08-09-2006, 10:30 AM
:w:
jazakallhu khair
:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.