/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What is the MAIN Use for your Computer?

Dahir
08-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Simple Question - as usual.

What do you FIRST and FOREMOST use your computer for?

I'll start - I use my PC for DOWNLOADING!

The irony - I only have NINE GigaBytes of space! ;D

Here's the story:

My family had another computer with at least 60GB; typical home computer.

It was infected because we didn't use any virus protection, it went screwy, and we were too stupid to reboot with a new OS. A few weeks later, my sister brings home her old Desktop - ick!

Its only 9GB of space. Its okay, it was during my school year for research; typical internet stuff.

My dad did me a favor and brought the PC he uses to monitor his downtown office, its got about 300 to 500 Gigabytes, maybe a terabyte - MASSIVE!!

I never got to use it because it just laid around and I was too lazy and took it for granted and was too stupid to ever hook it up and get it fired up.

A week later, my sister takes it to a PC wiz and to try to get it probed or something.

She's a relatively new driver and leaves the PC in the rear seat of her car - it gets STOLEN.

...And I'm stuck with her crappy 9GB desktop :grumbling :offended: :heated: :cry: +o( :uhwhat

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
08-06-2006, 08:25 AM
for good looks ;D

InToTheRain
08-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Work and Entertainment.... Will not get more specific then that :D

mlsh27
08-06-2006, 08:27 AM
As long as I can check my e-mail and use Microsoft Office, I am fine.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vaseline
08-06-2006, 12:01 PM
main use......uni work, accessing lecture notes etc. If I'm not doing that then emails and/or forums [most likely and though!].

Kittygyal
08-06-2006, 12:02 PM
Good Ol' nerd-machine SMASHING!! ;D D

Hijaabi22
08-06-2006, 12:04 PM
mostly 4 uni work but nowadays litearlly ONLY 4 LI....how sad :uhwhat

amatu
08-06-2006, 12:06 PM
mostly for School (kind of like Business)

sevgi
08-06-2006, 12:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mlsh27
As long as I can check my e-mail and use Microsoft Office, I am fine.
meee tooo...but i have a laptop:p and i hate it...i want a mac...

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
:salamext:

I use it mainly for surfing islamic sites and stuff. Also checking mails.... which are usually islamic.... and chatting to my friends and family online.

:wasalamex

umm-sulaim
08-06-2006, 12:40 PM
mainly contacting family and friends, we're like scattered over the globe, revising, LI....
i don't really download....
wassalaam

fou_lafine
08-06-2006, 01:57 PM
i'm always use internet to download,browsing,chatting hehheheh and also to know about my education in internet.

also i can join milist and always searching my classmate in junior /senior high school hehhehhehe.i miss them.

amirah_87
08-06-2006, 01:58 PM
as-salaamu alaykum,

yeah, same as the above, revising, talkin' with family & freinds, listening to lessons...downloading...sometimes not alot though!!
and LI which comes under revising a lil' bit !!

Tania
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Working in Word and Excel and surfing the sites:)

al-fateh
08-06-2006, 05:09 PM
All Islamic use

Ever_Hopeful
08-06-2006, 06:22 PM
Salaam

For reading mostly... browsing forums... and talking with friends.

SirZubair
08-06-2006, 06:49 PM
* Downloading (programs, films, MP3s, etc.)

* non-Internet-related Business (Microsoft Office, schedules, databases, etc.)

* Site Surfing

Najiullah
08-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Downloading (programs, films, MP3s, etc.)
Site Building/Hosting
Site Surfing School (kind of like Business)
Training Tool (PC-Building, repair)

snakelegs
08-06-2006, 09:52 PM
site surfing.
i use it mostly to gather ever increasing amounts of utterly useless information!

Helena
08-06-2006, 09:55 PM
mainly for uni....to type thousands of words for each assignment.....

surfing da net...

downlaoding stuffs....

afriend
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
get this right....I actually use my computer for hifz ;D ;D ;D

As Sheikh Shuraim (hafizahullah daaiman, cos he taught me all i know, and a bit of Salaah Budayr May Allah preserve them both :'() Recites in the background while I'm oon the computer, he words of the Quraan just stick to my mind.....now...lol.....Whenever I do nothing or not engaged in any thinking...I always hear the beautiful words of the Quraan, recited soooo beautifully......Can it get anybetter than that?

Dahir
08-06-2006, 10:22 PM
site surfing.
i use it mostly to gather ever increasing amounts of utterly useless information!
I'm a sucker for Wikipedia and Uncyclopedia...Uncyclopedia is SO funny! ;D

searchingsoul
08-07-2006, 12:12 AM
I am on the computer a lot. We have an import/export business which requires me to use it to receive information via e-mail. I use excel, and some other business software. Mostly, my family uses it to instant message and voice chat with my husband (this explains the odd hours I'm online!). It would be hard to live without it!

Al-Hanbali
08-09-2006, 12:37 AM
:sl:

For me it's a bit of everything really. :giggling:

Site Building/Hosting

(Microsoft Office, schedules, databases, etc.)

Site-surfing

School (kind of like Business)

Listening to Qur'an and nasheeds.

Mawaddah
08-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Work

Revision

Dowloads

Chatting

Writing emails

Listening to Nasheeds etc.

Surfing

Thats about it.

limitless
08-09-2006, 04:33 PM

I use my computer for downloading, reading mostly world news, learning new stuff, reading about science, play games, chat, forums (not just this), mysql database, hosting, network shared, encoding (which I do a lot for no reason). And that is it.

:w:

Ummu Sufyaan
02-06-2008, 11:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
get this right....I actually use my computer for hifz ;D ;D ;D

As Sheikh Shuraim (hafizahullah daaiman, cos he taught me all i know, and a bit of Salaah Budayr May Allah preserve them both :'() Recites in the background while I'm oon the computer, he words of the Quraan just stick to my mind.....now...lol.....Whenever I do nothing or not engaged in any thinking...I always hear the beautiful words of the Quraan, recited soooo beautifully......Can it get anybetter than that?
mashallah. you're a keen kid, arent you.

non-Internet-related Business (Microsoft Office, schedules, databases, etc.)
Site Surfing

guyabano
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Actually, I run an Q6600 (Quad Core) 4 GByte RAM, an 8800GTX nVidia Graphic Card. Harddisk Space is 300GB and externally, I have 4 Netgear SC101 Units running with 4 TeraByte. I mostly use my PC for Gaming, of course High End Games (and that at the age of 40!).
But I also have a File-Server running in da house, an Win2003 Server Station, which mostly has Emule running 24/24h a day which we use for downloads.
Software no, but MP3's Yes !

Peace

------
02-06-2008, 11:41 AM
:salamext:

Surfing and work.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.