/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic 'Muslim' tv shows

Malaikah
08-06-2006, 11:51 AM
:sl:

Does anyone else hate those stupid arabic tv series that are based on families who are Muslims?! Which implies that the actors are themselves muslims too..

i just saw a few minutes of one, you have about 4-5 women screaming like nut cases becuase a guy had just died in their house, half of them not wearing hijab, one of them was even in bed.. and then the next scene they have all these people sitting and looking sad while the Quran was being read in the background!!!

Astagfurallah man!!! What the hell is this? Are they mocking their lord?!

and what about when you have those scenes where the women are at home with out hijab on and then when someone knocks on the door, they go and put their hijabs on?!

What on earth is wrong with these people? :grumbling

And whats worse is youve got all these Muslims who watch these shows as if theres nothing wrong with them!:offended: :offended:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
08-06-2006, 11:54 AM
that sounds repulsive.. never seen but it's pretty disgraceful

salams

Kittygyal
08-06-2006, 11:58 AM
oh Lord am gutted am out of words thats disgraceful people just blow the limit they go over the dotted line!!!

Hijaabi22
08-06-2006, 11:58 AM
wat shows??

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Malaikah
08-06-2006, 12:13 PM

^didnt you read the post?

just idiot arabic sitcoms and stuff, they came in all types and styles, comedy, drama, action etc...

rizwana87
08-06-2006, 12:14 PM
whats the world coming to...theres nuttin you can do except pray for the people, and by other muslims watching these programmes is like the icing on the cake!

Tania
08-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't have arabic channels but for me its surprising what are you saying because i heard even the commercials related to children or women product are made with man actor. Like he appear and say: this diapers are really good for the children.

chacha_jalebi
08-06-2006, 03:06 PM
lol sista its the same with pakistani dramas, they always dressed up like they goin to their mums weddin or summin :p

and a minute later some one shoots another guy or the man isnt happy with his wife, so he decides to hav a affair, its just dumb :D:D:D, wer better off jus watchin eastenders :p naa lol i dont watch dat, but i assume d same tins go on in der :D:D:D:D

Muezzin
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
It sounds like Friends, but even less Islamic!

afriend
08-06-2006, 03:14 PM
;D lol....

Yeah I get what u mean sis.....ticks me off too.....But there are some nic ones....even tho I only understand about half of what's goin on...I only watch the Saudi TV ones ;)

Hijaabi22
08-06-2006, 04:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

^didnt you read the post?

just idiot arabic sitcoms and stuff, they came in all types and styles, comedy, drama, action etc...
I did I meant can u name a few? cos ive never cum across any

amirah_87
08-06-2006, 04:20 PM
ass salaamu alaykum,

yeah they are annoying!!....:heated:

I hate and wonder why!!..the women have all their hair out with tight clothing on subhanAllah!...while on the other hand, the men are wearing their long white thawbs!!..and 3imaamah's!!!!....what's with that!!??

Allah yahdeehim inshaAllah!!

searchingsoul
08-07-2006, 12:06 AM
I've never heard of an Islamic t.v. show.

snakelegs
08-07-2006, 12:14 AM
cheese,
i envy you - that you know enough arabic to understand idiotic tv shows!
since not all arabs are religious, why shouldn't arabic tv be just as moronic and mindless as any other tv?
aren't there channels that are islamic and don't show this kind of garbage?
if so, why don't you just watch those?

north_malaysian
08-07-2006, 05:12 AM

Does anyone else hate those stupid arabic tv series that are based on families who are Muslims?! Which implies that the actors are themselves muslims too..

i just saw a few minutes of one, you have about 4-5 women screaming like nut cases becuase a guy had just died in their house, half of them not wearing hijab, one of them was even in bed.. and then the next scene they have all these people sitting and looking sad while the Quran was being read in the background!!!

Astagfurallah man!!! What the hell is this? Are they mocking their lord?!

and what about when you have those scenes where the women are at home with out hijab on and then when someone knocks on the door, they go and put their hijabs on?!

What on earth is wrong with these people? :grumbling

And whats worse is youve got all these Muslims who watch these shows as if theres nothing wrong with them!:offended: :offended:
Suddenly i remembered Hindi and Tamil series.......

Luckily the Malay series dont have this kinda thing. But still .... so silly Malay tv series, usually about broken hearts, fighting between 2 tycoon families..... Boring...+o( +o( +o(

Malaikah
08-07-2006, 07:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
cheese,
i envy you - that you know enough arabic to understand idiotic tv shows!
since not all arabs are religious, why shouldn't arabic tv be just as moronic and mindless as any other tv?
aren't there channels that are islamic and don't show this kind of garbage?
if so, why don't you just watch those?
I only understand a little bit, not much. If they are not religous, why do they have to add religious themes, isnt it bad enough that they are sinning by acting in such a way, do they really have to make it worse by actually adding the Quran in the background? My problem isnt that the shows suck and i dont have anything good to watch, i dont need to waste my time on such useless shows, my problem is that fact that they even exist, and that people actually watch them. Life isnt as simple as "if you dont like what you see, change the channel'. When you see wrong its your duty to speak out against it.

format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
I did I meant can u name a few? cos ive never cum across any

i wouldnt have a clue what they are called, i wouldnt understand what it means even if i did know, and i dont really care anyway becuase there seems to be like hundreds of these things!:offended: :cry:

snakelegs
08-07-2006, 09:24 PM
I only understand a little bit, not much. If they are not religous, why do they have to add religious themes, isnt it bad enough that they are sinning by acting in such a way, do they really have to make it worse by actually adding the Quran in the background? My problem isnt that the shows suck and i dont have anything good to watch, i dont need to waste my time on such useless shows, my problem is that fact that they even exist, and that people actually watch them. Life isnt as simple as "if you dont like what you see, change the channel'. When you see wrong its your duty to speak out against it. :
for me, life is much simpler than for you. i don't concern myself with other peoples "sins" and think that would be a matter between them and god. so i just leave these things up to god. so for me, "change the channel" would be the solution.
i guess there are some advantages in being a kafir....
if a person felt strongly, they could contact the station, maybe boycott some of the products advertised (and let the companies know why). if most of the viewers have no problem, it is probably a waste of time. but you could make your views known anyway.
do you pick up any arabic by watching arabic tv? i pick up some urdu by watching hindi (as well as urdu, when i find them) films, but not really very much.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-07-2006, 09:27 PM
u know whats a disgrace, i woz just flickin thru da channels n i cme across a programme where they had half of their heads covered (whts da point?) their hair styled, dyed etc. and the mst tite fitted clothes and they were taking Allahs name. i think it was comedy, it was in urdu or sumfin.. but i woz like waaahhh :rollseyes

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Naudhubillah, i didnt even know such a thing existed, Allah protects me Alhamdullilah from such crap :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-07-2006, 09:37 PM
LOL..

Allah protects me Alhamdullilah from such crap and den a smiley face at da end.. haha joka

lolwatever
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
for me, life is much simpler than for you. i don't concern myself with other peoples "sins" and think that would be a matter between them and god. so i just leave these things up to god. so for me, "change the channel" would be the solution.
Isn't it cool that Muslims care about other people and want others to avoid sins so they don't have to be held accountable for anything ;)

i guess there are some advantages in being a kafir....
only a few superficial wordly ones ;)

if a person felt strongly, they could contact the station, maybe boycott some of the products advertised (and let the companies know why). if most of the viewers have no problem, it is probably a waste of time. but you could make your views known anyway.
Numbers don't matter to us :D Noah was around for 950 years and barely anyone believed in him, so did many other prophets... this life is about testing who will fulfill their responsibilities, our job is to make our stance clear, and it's upto Allah to guide whom he wills :) not us.

do you pick up any arabic by watching arabic tv? i pick up some urdu by watching hindi (as well as urdu, when i find them) films, but not really very much.
arabic TV is hopeless :uhwhat

snakelegs
08-07-2006, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
Isn't it cool that Muslims care about other people and want others to avoid sins so they don't have to be held accountable for anything ;)]
sure, it's just a different way of looking at the same thing - and can very easily be viewed from the view you gave above.

only a few superficial wordly ones ;)
well, you just have to wait longer for your goodies. lol!

Numbers don't matter to us :D Noah was around for 950 years and barely anyone believed in him, so did many other prophets... this life is about testing who will fulfill their responsibilities, our job is to make our stance clear, and it's upto Allah to guide whom he wills :) not us.
well, the "fastest growing religion" numbers seem important to many. (personally i don't care what is the fastest growing religion).

arabic TV is hopeless :uhwhat
well, from what i can tell (i don't have TV) almost all TV is totally hopeless!

lolwatever
08-07-2006, 10:32 PM
sure, it's just a different way of looking at the same thing - and can very easily be viewed from the view you gave above.
hehe to me it's the only sensible thing to do :)

well, you just have to wait longer for your goodies. lol!
lol and our goodies last forever, Kafir goodies is nothing when you compare 60 or 70 or even 5505 years to infinity :D

well, the "fastest growing religion" numbers seem important to many. (personally i don't care what is the fastest growing religion).
Yeh it's sad how quanitity is becoming important to people instead of quality... Actually if these Muslims look abck to their hadith there's a very important hadith:

"Islam began strange and shall return to be strange, so glad tidings to the strangers"

well, from what i can tell (i don't have TV) almost all TV is totally hopeless!
cool :D :D :D i agree

Mawaddah
08-08-2006, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Suddenly i remembered Hindi and Tamil series.......

Luckily the Malay series dont have this kinda thing. But still .... so silly Malay tv series, usually about broken hearts, fighting between 2 tycoon families..... Boring...+o( +o( +o(
I agree with that statement about Malay movies lol.....Malaysian Movies and Indonesian Movies Suck BIG TIME. Not that I watch them.But still. Indonesian and Malay Movies are the worse in the world.

But anyway on topic, yes I know what you're talking what you're talking about sis Cheese!! I was pretty confused myself when I saw it I was like ' what the......???'

And then those indian movies too!! the ones who play like they are muslim!! it's even more worse :offended: especially when you KNOW that people like Hritrik Roshan aren't even Muslim anywayyyyyyyyy :grumbling

Ah well.....Allah Yahdeehim....just dont watch them sis :) It gets us all aggravated and angry but we can't do anything about it. Best check our selves first aint it :).

Allah-creation
08-08-2006, 12:37 AM
yah i know, i hate that too. but thats only in lebonan and maybe syria. In saudi arabia all women put thier hejab on.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I agree with that statement about Malay movies lol.....Malaysian Movies and Indonesian Movies Suck BIG TIME. Not that I watch them.But still. Indonesian and Malay Movies are the worse in the world.

But anyway on topic, yes I know what you're talking what you're talking about sis Cheese!! I was pretty confused myself when I saw it I was like ' what the......???'

And then those indian movies too!! the ones who play like they are muslim!! it's even more worse :offended: especially when you KNOW that people like Hritrik Roshan aren't even Muslim anywayyyyyyyyy :grumbling

Ah well.....Allah Yahdeehim....just dont watch them sis :) It gets us all aggravated and angry but we can't do anything about it. Best check our selves first aint it :).
I've seen many Bollywood movies which depicting Muslims committed suicide especially 'Fiza'. In 'Veer Zara' - a Muslim girl accompany her Sikh nanny to pray in Gurdwara..... What a confusion...

Malaikah
08-14-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Allah-creation
yah i know, i hate that too. but thats only in lebonan and maybe syria. In saudi arabia all women put thier hejab on.
salam

egypt too i think..

my friend lives in saudi and she said its only really in makkah and medinah that most women were hijab and that a lot of them are becoming more woesternised' and that men are bigger perverts in saudi than they are in the west. :uuh:

not to mention that they all still watch those kind of shows in saudi anyway-everyone has sattelites

lolwatever
08-14-2006, 11:13 AM
^^ especially the 'elite' class..

didn't you guys know that the saudi royals have literally most of their money investing in egyptian films (those dirty ones).... egypt is like one of the biggest arabic film producers, and they're bloody dirty... and the saudi's are investing their money there (as well as other countries, ehem cough cough)!

not only its haram, but it shows they have kiwi brains... won't be long till the country runs out of oil, and they'll realise they havent even put in place any long term investment plans! pathetic

salam

umm-sulaim
08-14-2006, 11:26 AM
oh thats really sad!

aslo we were told that the saudis refuse their films to be made in saudi , so they take their female actresses to dubai and egypt and stuff, to make films, soaps etc...

wassalaam

Sunflower
08-14-2006, 11:44 AM
And another thing about these shows is that the majority of the new series and stuff is shown in Ramadan... I just don't get why they would do that.

Malaikah
08-14-2006, 11:48 AM

^omg thats soooo true! i just remembered that! insane!! ^o)

didn't you guys know that the saudi royals have literally most of their money investing in egyptian films (those dirty ones).... egypt is like one of the biggest arabic film producers, and they're bloody dirty... and the saudi's are investing their money there (as well as other countries, ehem cough cough)!
:offended: :offended:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.