/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not following 5 daily prayers makes you a disbeliever?

Halima
08-06-2006, 05:25 PM
:sl:

Yesterday, we had a conference with the Imam and the issue of prayers came up.

The main question was, is a muslim still considered muslim even if he doesn't pray. Based on the imam's answer, he said that no, a muslim that doesn't pray is considered a disbeliver and he has to take shahadah if he would like to be considered 'a believer' again. Shahada is the repentance and you don't have to make up any missed prayers from way back.

So please brothers and sisters, this is just a reminder to keep up with your prayers which is one of our main duties as muslims. You can either take it or leave it Allah hu A'lm and Allah(swt) knows best insha'allah Khair.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Daffodil
08-06-2006, 07:55 PM
U dnt have to make up prayers?

Most of the scholars say u do have to make up for missed prayers.

Halima
08-06-2006, 10:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
U dnt have to make up prayers?

If one has missed prayer for a long period of time for whatever reason ( let's say for 5 years) then they don't have to make it up.

However, if it was missed perhaps in one day b/c of laziness, then it is essential to make it up.

afriend
08-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah :hiding: fajrs are still extremely hard to get up at....and at times, eshas become very hard for me....so 2 salaahs are made up during Zuhr....

But When I was like 12, I never prayed or anything.......What I am today is nothing compared to what I was a few years ago :) Alhamdulillah :).......So that means that I doon't need 2 make up from 12?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
searchingsoul
08-07-2006, 12:03 AM
Do you have to make up the prayers you combine?

Link
08-07-2006, 02:23 AM
You have to make up all your prayers you missed.

Link
08-07-2006, 02:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
All past scholars agreed on this.

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 04:44 AM
According to my Imam, missing a prayer DELIBERATELY makes u a kafir

Allah-creation
08-07-2006, 04:46 AM
is that true?

cool_jannah
08-07-2006, 04:53 AM
Neglecting Salah from its proper time takes a person out of Islam and the punishment for it according to three out of four great Imaams is death penalty.

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cool_jannah
Neglecting Salah from its proper time takes a person out of Islam and the punishment for it according to three out of four great Imaams is death penalty.
yes, I know about this but isn't that associated with apostasy therefore, the person may repent?

Link
08-07-2006, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
So that means that I doon't need 2 make up from 12?
No you do have to make it up.

Also, you are not kaffer if you miss salat, it is only if you don't ever do plan on doing salat (abandon it completely) that makes one kaffer.

north_malaysian
08-07-2006, 05:43 AM
I think 50% of Muslims I know dont perform the 5 obligatory prayers. 20% of them might be attending Friday prayer and Eid prayer only. :cry:

Halima
08-07-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameen-
salam,

Some people in this thread, including yourself, deserve a 20% Warning for ' not Putting the source to where they got their information from ', don't you think? :|

Did you not read my very 1st post? I have already quoted what the imam has said therefore he is my source.

You have to think "outside" of the box here.

madeenahsh
08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Asalaam alykum warahamatullaahi wabarakatuh

Best to get fatwa from this site inshAllaah.

http://www.fatwa-online.com/worship/prayer/index.htm

http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=sc&sc=3&c=2

Allaah knows best .
May Allaah guide us all to the path which is most beloved to Him .Subhana wa taalaa.

Wasallam alykum.

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't see why she has any reason to lie though..

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 03:11 PM
She missed some prayers in the past – what should she do?
Question No 7969

Question:

My Aunt ask me to ask you this question, She asked in past there were Faraj Salat that she missed, now she wants to know what does sharia say about past missed Salat. I would really appreciate if you could answer this question. May Allah reward you for evrything

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It is not clear from your question whether your aunt missed the prayers because of a reason such as sleeping, forgetting or being unconscious, etc., or whether she missed them deliberately, with no valid excuse. Whatever the case, if she missed them for a reason, she has to make up what she has missed, and also repent for the delay.

If she did not have any excuse for missing the prayers, but denied that they are obligatory, or thought that they did not matter, or was too lazy to do them, then the correct scholarly view is that if a person who does not pray because he does not think the prayers are obligatory, or he is too lazy or he thinks they do not matter, there is no way that he can make up these prayers. There are deeds which must be done for Allaah at night, and He does not accept them during the day, and deeds which must be done during the day which He does not accept at night. (See the book: I want to repent, but…) The person who deliberately does not pray is a kaafir, if he does not pray at all; but if he repents and prays, he comes back to Islam, and he does not have to make up what he has missed, but he is advised to do a lot of naafil prayers. Islam also wipes out whatever (sins) came before.

Shaykh Saalih ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (may Allaah preserve him) was asked the following question:

“I am a Muslim woman, al-hamdu-Lillaah. Not so long ago I did not pray and I did not know anything about matters of religion. But now, al-hamdu Lillaah, Allaah has guided me and I have started to pray, fast, read Qur’aan and recite Tasbeeh. I have completed the Qur’aan for the tenth time. Will Allaah forgive me for what I have done in the past and what I will do in the future, in secret and openly in my life? What more can I do so that Allaah will forgive me?”

The response was:

Repentance wipes out whatever (sins) came before it. So long as you have repented sincerely – al-hamdu Lillaah – and you are doing the duties enjoined upon you by Allaah and avoiding what He has forbidden, then Allaah will forgive whatever came before that repentance. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say: “O ‘Ibaadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allaah, verily, Allaah forgives all sins” [al-Zumar 39:53] – even shirk, if the person who committed shirk then repents from it to Allaah, He will accept his repentance. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say to those who have disbelieved, if they cease (from disbelief), their past will be forgiven” [al-Anfaal 8:38]. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Islam wipes away whatever (sins) came before it, and repentance wipes away whatever (sins) came before it.” (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/204). If you have repented sincerely and you do what Allaah has enjoined upon you and avoid that which He has forbidden, this will be sufficient in sha Allaah for your past sins to be forgiven, but you must good deeds in the future, and keep on repenting and obeying the Islamic commandments which Allaah has enjoined upon you.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/special/inde...site=14&ln=eng

ameen
08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
salam,

Fi_Sabilillah, why did you delete my posts in this thread?

which of the Forum Rules did I break? show me please.

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 04:13 PM
You broke the following rules, so i deleted your posts:

Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully. (Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody) 15-25% warning

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources. 8% warning

Peace.

ameen
08-07-2006, 04:29 PM
salam,

I did not give anybody any 'beef' .

nor did I start a discussion on fiqh.

I think you were being a bit trigger-happy with your mod-gun :hiding:

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Read the rules carefully -

Beef will not be tolerated in any forum. Differences in opinion are expected, but please debate respectfully. (Beef are comments made for the purpose of insulting somebody else with negative intent, looking for a negative reaction, or blatantly insulting somebody) 15-25% warning

&

This is not a Fiqh discussion board. Prolonged threads arguing over Fatwas and the details of Islamic law will be closed. Avoid asking questions that require a Scholar or Shaykh, as there is no one on the board qualified to answer your questions. Please use other knowledgeable means such as a scholar, Imam or knowledgeable person in your area or provide sources. 8% warning

If you ever think i'm abusing my powers - tell the admins any time. I know you feel that i have something personal against you, however - the only reason i'm keeping a close eye on your posts is because from your posts, it seems as if you want to attach the authentic ahadith, in places where the mods/admins are least likely to check.

If you want to discuss this further - contact me or any of the mods through private message.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

PS. I think the fatwa above has answered the question, so we can close the thread down now insha'Allaah.

Thread Closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.