/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Reporters Quit Racist News station!

sonz
08-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Two Amman-based Jordanian freelance producers have declared they will no longer work for Fox News Channel in a message that denounces the network as an "instrument of the Bush White House and Israeli propaganda."

Serene Sabbagh and Jomana Karadsheh's letter, dated July 31, was forwarded to scores of reporters and others. In the letter, they write: "We base our decision on moral issues. We can no longer work with a news organization that claims to be fair and balanced when you are so far from that."

The two women say the network has a responsibility to report fairily for the "sake of your very naive viewers." They say they hoped the network would "develop a degree of respect to people in this part of the world." But: "The disdain and blatant one-sided coverage of all Mideast conflicts only highlights your total lack of humanity and bias toward Israel."

They also criticize "inexperienced anchors" and their "racist comments," calling them a "shameful scar on the American Media," and comparing them to the "state run Television networks in countries you despise in the Middle East."

The text of the letter:

Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006

Dear All,

We would like to announce our resignation from Fox News in Amman. Although we never actually worked for your organization, we helped for the past three years in facilitating your work in the Middle East.

We base our decision on moral issues. We can no longer work with a news organization that claims to be fair and balanced when you are so far from that. Not only are you an instrument of the Bush White House, and Israeli propaganda, you are war mongers with no sense of decency, nor professionalism. You have crossed all borders and red lines. An Arab mother cries over the death of her child very much like an American and Israeli mother.

Arab blood is not cheap, and we are not barbarians. You ought to be more responsible and have more decency when you take one side against the other. You have a role to play and a responsibility to shoulder for the sake of your very naive viewers.

Throughout the three years we worked with you, and helped you, we thought you would develop a degree of respect to people in this part of the world. But the disdain and blatant one-sided coverage of all Mideast conflicts only highlights your total lack of humanity and bias toward Israel. Your lack of professionalism has made you a tool of ridicule throughout the world. Your inexperienced anchors with their racist comments are not only a shameful scar on the American Media, they simply represent state run Television networks in countries you despise in the Middle East.

Finally, our decision again is based on moral and professional basis and from now on we will no longer help in any Fox related matters.

Serene Sabbagh

Jomana Karadsheh

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/...41295.asp#more

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
searchingsoul
08-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Very nice article. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Fox is rascist? How is that? I don't watch American TV that much so please tell me how they discriminate?

al-fateh
08-07-2006, 02:27 AM
ther are sooo bias not even funnny

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
08-07-2006, 02:28 AM
FOX news doesn't discriminate in any way that I've seen. Some people just don't like the conservative political views that many FOX commentators and hosts bring to the picture. It is about political ideology, nothing as dramatic as "racism", which is just a lazy way of saying I don't want to listen to what they have to say.

Link
08-07-2006, 02:29 AM
They are racist people full of hate.

Keltoi
08-07-2006, 02:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Link
Racist against who exactly?

Dahir
08-07-2006, 02:45 AM
No. They are pro-Capitalist, pro-Israeli, but you are anti-Capitalist, pro-Hezbollah, so you feel displeased with that view and you call them out, publicly.

Hope that settles it.

casimir
08-07-2006, 03:49 AM
From the letter:
"We would like to announce our resignation from Fox News in Amman. Although we never actually worked for your organization, we helped for the past three years in facilitating your work in the Middle East."
So let me get this straight:
They "quit" somewhere without ever having belonged?

מדינת ישׂראל
08-07-2006, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by casimir
From the letter:

Hahahahaha lol. :giggling: :giggling:

Hijrah
08-07-2006, 04:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by casimir
From the letter:

facilitating the work is still being associated with ;em

Fox News isn't racist but needless to say, they are Israel's cheerleaders

I remember watching it and an Israeli Soldier fired at a reporter, even after that they were all making excuses and crap, very bad excuses to: "But this is Israel" etc.

north_malaysian
08-07-2006, 04:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
No. They are pro-Capitalist, pro-Israeli, but you are anti-Capitalist, pro-Hezbollah, so you feel displeased with that view and you call them out, publicly.

Hope that settles it.
What's wrong with Capitalism? :rollseyes

Looking4Peace
08-07-2006, 04:56 AM
^^^ hmmmm

Link
08-07-2006, 05:15 AM
No.
They hate muslims and arabs, I am willing to do mubahala on it with you.

Muezzin
08-08-2006, 12:44 PM

Hope that settles it.
That's not fair. The implication you've made is that if you're anti-Fox News, you're also Anti-Capitalism and Pro-Hezbollah.

I don't like Fox News because it's far too right-wing for my tastes. Does that mean I'm Pro-Hezbollah and Anti-Captitalist? Do I sound like a Communist to you?

Ninth_Scribe
08-08-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by מדינת ישׂראל
Fox is rascist? How is that? I don't watch American TV that much so please tell me how they discriminate?
Because they edit out portions of the news that might promote sympathy for any group who does not fully support Bush's agenda or personal view of the matter. For instance, they avoid using title "Mujahedeen" and replace it with the word "insurgents" because people might look up Mujahedeen on the internet and find out that they were once our allies in Afghanistan. The accusation is best told by a release from the Al Rashedeen Army's Abu Dugana Al Baghdady... in English... in an attempt to break what they call the media's "Code of Silence":

http://www.callingcapecod.com/pages/...rmyofIraq.rmvb

Abu Musab Al Zarqawi also addressed the lack of honesty in reporting, but Fox news never released his statements, and Bush achieved cover because most Americans don't understand Arabic. Fox covered the video saying it was a Rambo-styled propaganda video, referring to a one or two minute portion of the video toward the end... but they never told us that Zarqawi asked Mr. Bush why he lied to the American people and told them everything was fine. That's all I ever hear from Fox! The battle is going great, the Iraqis are taking more responsibility and everyone is happy with the progress.

Of course, Bush is making all kinds of waves by going after the New York Times for their role in publishing information and he's pushing the fact that we're at war as an excuse to shut everyone's mouths. To offer fair reporting, or even entertain a variety of differing opinions, you're taking a risk of violating new war-time security rules.

Ninth Scribe

afriend
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
facilitating the work is still being associated with ;em

Fox News isn't racist but needless to say, they are Israel's cheerleaders

I remember watching it and an Israeli Soldier fired at a reporter, even after that they were all making excuses and crap, very bad excuses to: "But this is Israel" etc.
lol...Yeah!!!

OMG!! That waa sooo funny.....They were like "The bad guys always fire"....

And then some blonde lady reporter goes "but this is Israel" :giggling:

Fox news are somewhat biased.....Not a trustable source....but then again what news channel is?

scentsofjannah
08-08-2006, 07:13 PM
O'Reilly's Racist Slurs--in Context

By Peter Hart

In April 2003, Fox News Channel's Bill O'Reilly hosted a fundraiser for Best Friends, a charity benefiting inner-city schoolchildren. As reported in the Washington Post (4/15/03), O'Reilly was trying to fill the time before a singing group connected with the charity, called the Best Men, was set to perform, and quipped: "Does anyone know where the Best Men are? I hope they're not in the parking lot stealing our hubcaps."

According to the Post report, some of the conservatives in the audience were aghast at the seemingly racist crack. But if anyone was shocked by O'Reilly's apparent racism, they haven't been paying much attention.

Two months before O'Reilly's "hubcaps" remark, he used a racist slur on the air. Searching for a word to describe someone who assists immigrants crossing the border, O'Reilly came up with "wetback" (2/6/03). The incident was explained away by Fox officials as an unfortunate gaffe (New York Times, 2/10/03), but the Allentown, Pa. Morning Call (1/5/03) had O'Reilly using the same racist term in a speech earlier in the year: "O'Reilly criticized the Immigration and Naturalization Service for not doing its job and not keeping out 'the wetbacks.'" O'Reilly denied making the comment (Washington Post, 2/17/02), but the reporter stands by his account.

Though he calls his show a "no-spin zone," O'Reilly's response (CNBC, 4/26/03) to the "wetback" incident was a blatant, if feeble, exercise in spin--and an attempt to blame his guest:

We were talking about border patrol and the problems they were having. I'm going, "What's the jargon? What's the jargon? We got coyotes, right? Coyotes and we got wetbacks. Is that what they call them? Is that what they call them?" All right? And the guy goes, "Yeah. The wetbacks are the slang for the people who come over and the coyotes are the slang for the people who get paid to bring them over." That was the context.

A transcript of the show demonstrates O'Reilly's highly imaginative memory. Here's how the interview really went: In support of his proposal to militarize U.S. borders, O'Reilly remarked, "We'd save lives because Mexican wetbacks, whatever you want to call them, the coyotes--they're not going to do what they're doing now, all right, so people aren't going to die in the desert." He then offered the "last word" to his guest, Rep. Silvestre Reyes (D.-Texas), who did not address O'Reilly's slur at all, but instead tried to explain why he thought using the Army to patrol the borders was a bad idea. (O'Reilly reneged on his promise to give Reyes the last word, interrupting him with a rebuttal.)

The actual "context" of O'Reilly's slur is a history of making derogatory, stereotyping comments about people of color. Just a few examples:

* During an interview for Stuff magazine (11/02), O'Reilly opined that "the most unattractive women in the world are probably in the Muslim countries." O'Reilly later insisted (New York Daily News, 10/10/02), "There was no malice intended. It was just in jest."

* During a segment (2/9/00) about black athletes suing over the minimum academic standards for college admission, O'Reilly commented: "Look, you know as well as I do most of these kids come out and they can't speak English."

* Criticizing Democratic politicians who met with Rev. Al Sharpton, which O'Reilly compared to meeting with white supremacist David Duke: "Why would it be different? Both use race to promote themselves." (3/16/00) O'Reilly also equated the Black Panthers with Duke (1/11/99): "You were promoting your people, black people, and he's promoting white people. So what's the difference?"

* "We have black leaders in this country who blame everything on whitey, everything's the system's fault, and that gives a built-in excuse to fail and act irresponsible. 'Oh, I can't get a job. Whitey won't let me,' or 'I can't get educated. The teachers are bad, so I'm going to go out and get high and sell drugs. That's the only way we can make money here.' You know what I mean? And it's a vicious cycle" (6/8/99).

* "Will African-Americans break away from the pack thinking and reject immorality--because that's the reason the family's breaking apart--alcohol, drugs, infidelity. You have to reject that, and it doesn't seem--and I'm broadly speaking here, but a lot of African-Americans won't reject it" (2/25/99).

* "I've been to Africa three times. All right? You can't bring Western reasoning into the culture. The same way you can't bring it into fundamental Islam" (5/6/02).

After the "wetback" incident, O'Reilly wrote in a newspaper column (South Florida Sun-Sentinel, 3/1/03) that Americans "must realize that racial demonization is now organized and well-funded, and it will not end until everyday people begin condemning it." He wasn't talking about himself, though; he was referring to critics who label him a racist.

last updated 2003 http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1147

scentsofjannah
08-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Also read http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=1067

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Most of the O'Reilly comments you posted don't seem racist to me, more like an politically incorrect stance on reality. Some of them seemed inflammatory, but I'm not sure of the context. If you don't like Bill O'Reilly, don't watch the show. That is what they make remote controls for.

babybackribs
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
Most of the news articles posted on FoxNews' web site are taken from the Associated Press. Has anyone ever wondered how Al Jazeera exclusivly gets Bin Laden and Zawahiri videos ? In cahoots with terrorists, maybe ?

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HusamLah
your accusations are disgraceful
Well, I'm not sure you would call it an "accusation", since Al-Jazeera has become the mouthpiece for Al-Qaeda. Not to mention the fact that an Al-Jazeera reporter in Spain was arrested for being an agent of Al-Qaeda. I don't know how Al-Jazeera comes by so many interesting videos, but it is safe to say that there is a connection between Al-Jazeera and agents of Al-Qaeda who pedal these videos.

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
they present the arab side and that offends westerners
So "presenting" the Arab side requires the airing of Al-Qaeda videos?

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 09:03 PM
i think ur assuming that al-qaeda is bad
Yes, I "assume" Al-Qaeda is bad. What do you "assume"?

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 09:05 PM
they are defending us even when its unpopular to do so
You do realize that Al-Qaeda kills more Muslims than non-Muslims don't you?

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
yeah but its not in vain
Aww...so what are they accomplishing by killing all these Muslims?

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 09:11 PM
freedom from western influence
So killing Muslims "frees" Muslims from Western "influence"....I think I see the logic. By killing Muslims and giving them freedom from life, they are then free from Western influence because they are dead. :rollseyes

babybackribs
08-08-2006, 09:45 PM
yeah but its not in vain

Awfully nice of you to decide for those people that it's O.K. for them to die.

Muezzin
08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Isn't that what 'they invented remote controls for'? :p

Everyone, this topic is not about Al-Qaeda, it's about Fox News.

Also, this isn't an O'Reilly topic either. If you want to discuss what that racist scumsucker has to say, do so in another thread.

scentsofjannah
08-09-2006, 02:26 PM
Most of the O'Reilly comments you posted don't seem racist to me, more like an politically incorrect stance on reality. Some of them seemed inflammatory, but I'm not sure of the context. If you don't like Bill O'Reilly, don't watch the show. That is what they make remote controls for.
I stopped watching it a long time ago when i became disgusted at their unprofessionalism.

the word 'Most' in your post above is striking..so you believe atleast some of the comments are racist?? if so which ones.

the guy is a racist whether most of his sayings are not racist doesnt matter if he has been racist 1 time its enough to label him a racist for life unless he apologises and changes.

he hasnt done that..

Mexicans are wetbacks to him

African-Americans cant read, have 'pack' mentality and their leaders blame 'whitey' for everything, they are also to feared as they are all robbers.

the ugliest women are to be found in the muslim countries ( as if muslim women are from the same race)

Africans are uncivilised because they cant think like Western people and he even compares their culture to something else he despises fundamental Islam.

he also says MSNBC employees are always having sex.

Athiests shouldnt have rights.

that even Hitler was an athiest.

he has also been sued for sexual harssament by one of the female employees on FOX news channel

but go on Keltoi continue to defend him.

scentsofjannah
08-09-2006, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by babybackribs
Most of the news articles posted on FoxNews' web site are taken from the Associated Press. Has anyone ever wondered how Al Jazeera exclusivly gets Bin Laden and Zawahiri videos ? In cahoots with terrorists, maybe ?
yes I have always wondered about that..and to be honest with you..those videos shouldnt be aired at all by al jazeera or any other channel. I dont see the point of all those tapes...and many other news channels also show them too...but interestingly the former head of the CIA branch to capture Osama Bin laden said this on Al jazeera ' Its better to know what you're enemy is saying than to guess what hes thinking'...he apparently thinks its a good idea

Al Jazeera has also been accused of being in 'cahoots with the Israeli government' and even a platform for CIA propaganda...its been accused of many things.

Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Yes, it most certainly does! Maybe it's just me. I'm from the "old school" but how the hell can you disagree with someone you don't even understand? I for one, would have gladly given my head for a chance to sit down with Zarqawi and figure out (from him) exactly where his head was at because I wanted to challenge him on certain things... in private. I also would like to sit down and go rounds with Osama bin Laden and Zawahiri - just so the whole mess would become crystal clear to me.

In the "Old School" there are two rules that apply to this type of situation:

1) Whenever there is a dispute, you have to hear BOTH sides... the truth will always be found somewhere in-between them.

2) No dispute is truly resolved unless ALL parties have reached AGREEMENT, especially those who were the MOST offended!

I didn't make the rules... but I do play by them.

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 06:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by scentsofjannah
It's better to know what your enemy is saying than to guess what hes thinking.
Funny you should mention that statement - it comes from a Mafia quote:

Keep your friends close... keep your enemies even closer!

Ninth Scribe

Md Mashud
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Poor Dahir - He believed watching Fox meant he is watching unbiased media... Youngsters these days :O.

Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 06:51 PM
If you don't like Bill O'Reilly, don't watch the show. That is what they make remote controls for.
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
If you don't like Al Qaeda, isn't that what 'they invented remote controls for'? :p

Everyone, this topic is not about Al-Qaeda, it's about Fox News.
LOL - that was awesome! And you said the SS word :Evil:

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
08-09-2006, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
Yes, it most certainly does! Maybe it's just me. I'm from the "old school" but how the hell can you disagree with someone you don't even understand? I for one, would have gladly given my head for a chance to sit down with Zarqawi and figure out (from him) exactly where his head was at because I wanted to challenge him on certain things... in private. I also would like to sit down and go rounds with Osama bin Laden and Zawahiri - just so the whole mess would become crystal clear to me.

In the "Old School" there are two rules that apply to this type of situation:

1) Whenever there is a dispute, you have to hear BOTH sides... the truth will always be found somewhere in-between them.

2) No dispute is truly resolved unless ALL parties have reached AGREEMENT, especially those who were the MOST offended!

I didn't make the rules... but I do play by them.

Ninth Scribe
That doesn't explain why you must show and watch Al-Qaeda videos to understand the Arab point of view, unless you assume that the majority of Arabs believe in the cause of Al-Qaeda and what they are doing to non-Mulsims and Muslims alike. There can be no "agreement" with Al-Qaeda.
Plus, if you drawing some sort of equivalency between the statements of Bill O'Reilly and those of Al-Qaeda....well, there really isn't a point in responding to that.

Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
That doesn't explain why you must show and watch Al-Qaeda videos to understand the Arab point of view, unless you assume that the majority of Arabs believe in the cause of Al-Qaeda and what they are doing to non-Mulsims and Muslims alike. There can be no "agreement" with Al-Qaeda.
Plus, if you drawing some sort of equivalency between the statements of Bill O'Reilly and those of Al-Qaeda....well, there really isn't a point in responding to that.
The news is NOT supposed to be so main-stream that it ONLY represents main-stream views. This rather small group of people managed to affect the main-stream... so yes, I want to know what the deal is with them and ANYONE who gets in my way... is just in my way!

Fox has not covered "the" news... just a side of it.

Ninth Scribe

Keltoi
08-09-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
The news is NOT supposed to be so main-stream that it ONLY represents main-stream views. This rather small group of people managed to affect the main-stream... so yes, I want to know what the deal is with them and ANYONE who gets in my way... is in my way!

Fox has not covered the news... just a side of it.

Ninth Scribe
There are plenty of people in the Arab world capable of communicating alternative views on current events without aiding the Al-Qaeda propaganda campaign by airing videos. I support the FOX news rule of not airing terrorist videos. If one wants to listen to OBL or Zawahiri, they can find the transcript on the internet. Call me crazy, but I still have hope that the Muslim world doesn't want Bin Laden and Zawahiri to represent their views.

Ninth_Scribe
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
There are plenty of people in the Arab world capable of communicating alternative views on current events without aiding the Al-Qaeda propaganda campaign by airing videos. I support the FOX news rule of not airing terrorist videos. If one wants to listen to OBL or Zawahiri, they can find the transcript on the internet. Call me crazy, but I still have hope that the Muslim world doesn't want Bin Laden and Zawahiri to represent their views.
That's a funny word isn't it? Propaganda? It gives itself away to just the sort of one-sided publicity I intend to collect - from ALL the different sides!

I support Jihad Unspun's decision not to air beheading videos... but where there is explanation, clarification or dialogue... that should be published and made available to the people. It's pretty damn embarassing when it isn't. As Al Baghdadi said: What's up with these so-called 'fathers of democracy'? if the people aren't allowed to HEAR what the others are saying? What are they so afraid of?

Ninth Scribe

limitless
08-09-2006, 10:39 PM
:sl:

You guys, it is obivious for FOX NEWS or any other American media to be discriminative and bais. They won't come out and say Muslims are great and etc. They will never ever do that. They are in a non islamic country or even they are in islamic country still doesn't change their hatred towars muslims; where jews are dominating. America hates muslims, hands down. No matter what you bring and say, they will never love and say great things about muslims.

So the non muslims here (most of them) see them as non racist, non discriminative, and use other political vocab and other excuses. It's just pointless to even start an arguement because they have hatred towards muslims no matter what.

Just my opinion, not offending anyone.

:w:

lavikor201
08-10-2006, 01:21 AM
nonmuslim country now. give us a few years and fox will broadcast on our behalf;)
Good Joke. I needed some comedy. :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.