/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Doubt in Basic

Farhan1
08-07-2006, 02:42 AM
Salam Brothers/Sisters,
I visited a website a couple of days before they are attacking muslims and our prophet (May be peace upon him) and ALLAH. Once i read those questions raised by them i felt myself doubt about me (its because lack of knowledge in me) i pity for myself.Now its keep on going in my mind.They ask about 10 or more questions here i give one or two.

1. What is the punishement for Rape(dont take adultry).
2. Why prophets come only from deserts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
DigitalStorm82
08-07-2006, 04:36 AM
Rapist falls into the category of fornication... where the rapist would be stoned to death... but, the victim in this case is forgiven of all sins...

Read below for detailed punishments...

The Shari`ah has actually prescribed the punishment for four major crimes. It has prescribed the punishment for murder and other bodily harm, theft, fornication and qazaf (to accuse someone of zinaa - fornication - without adequate evidence). Besides these crimes, if a crime is committed against the community rather than an individual or if the crime is of the nature of religious persecution or if the motive of the crime is to spread a wave of terror through the whole community or if the crime is committed against the state, the Qur'an calls it "Fasaad fi al-ardh"[1]. In case of Fasaad fi al-ardh, the Qur'an has given four options for the person administering the punishment. Thus, the punishment may be severe or comparatively soft depending upon the nature of the crime committed and on the various conditions surrounding the accused. The punishments mentioned in the Qur'an , from among which one of the punishments shall be administered are:

Taqteel: Taqteel in the Arabic language means to kill in a very painful manner. One of the methods of taqteel, as adopted in the times of the Prophet (pbuh) was rajam, i.e. stoning to death. Other methods might include killing through the Electric chair etc.
Tasleeb: Tasleeb means to crucify. Crucifixion is the other option given by the Qur'an . Both taqteel and tasleeb are different methods that may be adopted to punish a criminal that in the eyes of the judge deserves no mercy and should not be allowed to live in the society.
Amputation of a hand and a foot: The third option is to cut off a hand and a foot of the criminal. This option shall be administered if the judge feels that the criminal has committed such a heinous crime that even if he is allowed to live, he should be made an example for the other members of the society and should not be allowed to live a normal life.
Banishment: The fourth option given to the judge for punishing such criminals is to banish them from their hometown. This option shall be used for such criminals who, in the eyes of the judge have the potential of correction and who, only due to their bad company in their own land had committed a grave crime.
Punishments for crimes other than those mentioned above shall be determined by the collectivity of the Muslims, through their legislative body. The basic guideline provided by the Qur'an for the determination of the punishments for other crimes is that no crime other than that, which falls under the category of murder or "Fasaad fi al-ardh" can be punished by death. Death sentence can only be administered in these two cases.

In view of the above explanation, it is quite clear that the Shari`ah does not determine the punishment for rape. There may be certain cases of rape, which fall under the category of Fasaad fi al-ardh. In such cases, any of the punishments provided for crimes that fall under this category may be administered, keeping in view the nature of the crime committed, the psyche and various other conditions of the criminal. For cases of rape, that do not fall under the category of Fasaad fi al-ardh, the legislative may, under the stated guideline provided by the Qur'an , decide about the punishment to be administered. This punishment may or may not be the same as stipulated for fornication in the Qur'an .

Prophets came only from Deserts... ? Well, there werent many advanced civilizations that could build roads or cities...irrigation systems..etc..

Can you be specific of your doubts please... what seems to be troubling you?

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
:salamext:

To every people (was sent) a messenger: when their messenger comes (before them)
, the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged. (Qur'an 10:47)

So Allaah Almighty did send messengers to different parts of the world, but not all of them are mentioned within the Qur'an. There were a total of 124,000 prophets and 300 messengers - but Allaah chose to mention the ones He wanted in the Qur'an and Sunnah, and we know that not all people accepted their prophets.

We sent not a messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people, in order to make (things) clear to them. Now Allah leaves straying those whom He pleases and guides whom He pleases: and He is Exalted in power, full of Wisdom. (Qur'an 14:04)

There will be some who will enter paradise without reckoning. In the hadith narrated by Muslim (in Sahih Muslim), the Prophet sallallahu `alayhi wa- sallam says that the nations of all the prophets were exposed to him. He saw some prophets with only one or two people, or their family members with them (i.e. no-one else had believed in them). Then, he saw a huge crowd, and thought that was his ummah. Gabriel `alayhis-salam told him that it was actually the ummah of Moses `alayhis-salam, but he indicated to him a larger crowd which stretched from one horizon to the next, and told him that this was his ummah. He said, "and with them are 70,000 who shall enter heaven without reckoning or punishment." They are those who do not use charms, nor seek them from others, nor draw omens, but rely upon their Lord."

source: http://webpages.marshall.edu/~laher1/akhirah.html

So we know that not all the people accepted the prophets, but the prophets who even have less followers will still be rewarded with a high rank in paradise - because their hard work is never wasted.

Never think that Allah would fail his messengers in His promise: for Allah is Exalted in power, - the Lord of Retribution. (14:47)

For your other question:

What is the ruling on the crime of rape in Islam?
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...=crime+of+rape

And also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...=crime+of+rape

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

gamsta3
08-07-2006, 12:44 PM
:sl:
I know what you mean bruv. I am not very learned myself and on many occasions i find my deen attacked by people of other faiths especially christians. I find that the worst are athiests as they whisper such evil things into your mind as if god made everything then who made god? Atleast the christians believe in god.
Well bruv, this is how i deal with it, first of all you've got to remember that belief is just as old as disbelief. Second of all, youve got to back yourself with the miracles of the quran. In the quran it says that the earth is oval shaped. How could the prophet s.a.w have known this at that time. Also,why would a messenger come and start prohibiting things such as intoxication and gambling? There are books you can get that will further point things out to youn that will further confirm tou you the authenticity of this deen.
Remember, beleif is just as old as disbelief. U r not being modern by listening to these fools.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
gamsta3
08-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah, also i forgot. There have been thousands of messenges sent since the beginning of time. The exact number i think is given somewhere in the quran. So basically, every people in every generation has received a messenger calling them to Allah swt. Im sure, the mayan must have received one, the incas, the poeple of siberia etc. We only know of the most recent ones relatively speaking such as jesus and moses.

Muslim Soldier
08-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Allah sent 124000 prophets. However only 26 ( if I remember right) are mentioned in the quran. Who knows? Allah might have sent a prophet to Australia, Europe, maybe even Antartica.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.