/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Al Azhar

seeker_of_ilm
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
:sl:

Can anyone tell me about Al Azhar University? I.e.. Do you need to know arabic in order to go there, or is there a foundation course for non-arabic speakers? Also what programmes they offer... What the application procedures/requirements are....etc...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
08-07-2006, 02:58 PM

well i have friends who wanted to go there and i think they mentioned that there is a foundation level arabic course, make sure your names like got an arabic[islamic] meaning because one of my friends didnt and they didnt believe she was muslim so she had to tell them about islam in order for them to believe her :)

ma'salamah

afriend
08-07-2006, 03:01 PM
Here's the home page bro:

http://www.alazhar.org/

PS. Jazakallah for your advice :)

seeker_of_ilm
08-07-2006, 06:20 PM

I know Al-Azhar is a brilliant place to study islam, but what can I do once I achieve a degree from it?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
hmmmm....you could become a teacher of the deen...is there anything better than that? there are many top class Islamic schools all over the world :)

seeker_of_ilm
08-07-2006, 09:26 PM

But is it true that Al-Azhar isn't that good anymore. Because of government control...or is it still a good place to study?

SalafiFemaleJih
08-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Asalmaualaykum wa rahmatullah,

Sincere advice, take it or leave it. Its all up to you inshaAllah. May Allah forgive me If I ever say something without knowledge Ameen.

Forget about Al Azhar being controlled by Govt. Now they have many other problems and one of em have something to do with Aqeedah subhanAllah.

Aqeedah/Manhaj matters a lot to us innit? So yeah we should watch out things which can easily corrupt our minds.

You can try applying to Imam Muhammed university, Madinah Uni, Malaysian uni, or the one in pakistan. I really hope you will get into one of em inshaAllah.

May Allah swt be with you Ameen.

History is not or will never be written excpet with the blood of shuhadah or with the ink of scholars.

We truely need sincere scholars in Islam.

take care,

Wasalmaaulaykum wa rahmatulllah

seeker_of_ilm
08-07-2006, 09:58 PM

Arghhh its a headache...I want to study Islam...but I have no idea where to study! Any suggestions?

afriend
08-07-2006, 10:00 PM
You can try applying to Imam Muhammed university, Madinah Uni, Malaysian uni, or the one in pakistan. I really hope you will get into one of em inshaAllah.
The best one out of them is Madinah university.......I can try to get you more details as soon as I get back home, My hifz teacher went tpo that one...it's in Madinah what more can you ask for??

Mujahidah4Allah
08-07-2006, 10:40 PM

yeah herd madinas good, i herd syrias good as well

ma'salamah

syilla
08-08-2006, 12:57 AM
you can also check out the malaysia uni.

here is the link...www.iiu.edu.my

May allah give you success...

seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2006, 09:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

yeah herd madinas good, i herd syrias good as well

ma'salamah

Syria? What place in Syria?

Also I was wondering if anyone can tell me any places where I could learn Arabic to a good level in say like 2 years. Along with doing Hifdh

seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM

So anyone know any place where I can learn Arabic along with doing Hifz?

S_87
08-08-2006, 02:34 PM

umm al Qura university makkah

islamic university madinah

imam university riyadh

hope any of that helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.