/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wana be muslim but parents standing my way wat do i do plzz help

Ashley
08-07-2006, 08:33 PM
i ahve been thinking dats why i havent been on these days
and from observing how muslims behave and respect each other and always call bro n sis to each other ,how sweet muslims are wel i wanted to become a muslim but there is two reasons dat i cant one
where i live there is no mosque there are ful of churches and well non-muslims like me
second im only a kid ,im 14 i have parents family who would deffently not let be a muslim they dont like em seeing wat da news and tv says abot em
anywaz i seriesly need ur help i realy realy realy wana be a muslim, i love muslims and i lov the religion its realy fair and beautiful i would do anything for it even if i have to run away and leave my parents but if there is other solution i dont wana do dat i love my parents ,they brought me up al those years and given me love and shelter i dont wana run away and leave my parents or disappoint them
if there if anyway u can help me plzzz doo i realy realy need help
plzzz:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijrah
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Your affair is with Allah, therefore if Islam is still in your heart, your still good, u can learn about Islam and practice it secretly.

Kidman
08-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Well, first off, don't run away. You have to respect your parents, just part of being Muslim.

They can control where you go, what you do, how you dress, even how you talk, but they can't control your mind or heart. So, what i suggest is that you keep your belief strong, by gaining more knowledge and stuff, and show your parents... every so often, the good things about Islam.

Example: Hey mom, did you know that over 90% of Muslims condemned the events that occured during 9/11, and even held demonstrations and rallies that were for condemning these attacks, but the media never showed us any of this and showed us mostly of the 10% who were rejoicing? crazy huh?

Just like every so often maybe tell them a little more about the good aspects of Islam, so they will start accepting it as a "good" religion first, then i don't know, you will know when it's time to let them know, so they don't freak out or anything.

Inshallah everything goes good for you, and i wish you the best,

Kidman

chacha_jalebi
08-07-2006, 08:45 PM
salaam

mashallah sister on your wantin to be a muslim, welcome 2 d true deen sista :D:D:D

to accept islam you gota say the shahadah - "la ilaha il Allah Muhammad RasoolAllah" - theres no god but Allah (swt) and Muhammad (saw) is his messenger :D:D:D

k sister, in islam if you feel your in trouble or difficulty due to your religion you can deny bein a muslim, so sister your family dont neeed to know and you can practice secrectly :D:D:D aint dat wikid :p

and sister, in islam we have to respect our parents no matter what, even if they are not muslim we gota respect them, so dont do anytin like runaway from home, my advice would be to you sister, that at the moment practice in secret, and learn the basics inshallah, then when you feel comfortable you can come out in the open or if you dont feel comfortable you dont have to come out :D:D:D its simple, because islam is between you and Allah (swt) thats what matters!!!

i hope sister you have this worlds & the nexts worlds happyness:D:D:D and any probs just ask :D:D:D

welcome 2 islam :D:D:D:D mashallah :D:D:D:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bint_muhammed
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
hya bro/sis
i only noticed a while ago that you ahve been coming on and i suggest that you understand the religion, if thats the case and you believe in it your a muslim from the heart, just practice it, dont get into arguments with you parents, explain to them this feels right and it makes you happy! at the end of the day theyre your parents and will always love you and be there, so respect them however if your sure about islam practice it! good luck and ihope inshallah islam is right for you! need any advice dont hesitate to ask!

afriend
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
:sl: Sister....

I am very enlightenned to see that you have thought about accpeting Islam...

Times change, with it so do communities. My advice to you would be is that we are here for you if you need us. You don't need a mosque, all you need is a source of communication, the internet is a great place.

As for now, put in as much time and effort as you can in learning Islam, so when you become Muslim you do not struggle or lag in some of the vital roles in Islam. Learn how to live as a Muslim, get yourself a head start.

You are 14, give it 4 more years and then you can live at a different location to your parents and then make your own decisions, once you are older your parents will listen to you with more attention, so you can spread your knowledge of Islam to them.

But I'm slightly stuck with the option of you becoming a Muslim by taking the oath [shahaadah] now, or later once you have learnt what Islam is....
So brothers and sisters, perhaps you could help me out on that...

To conclude, don't forget we are here if you need our help on anything....:)

lolwatever
08-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi Ashley :)

that's reaally sad to hear, i really wish you all the best.

I think your situation is exactly like the very first people who became Muslim, they faced alot of resistance and trouble from their families, some of them where threatened by their parents (e.g. Musab Ibn Umayr), and some where even kicked out of their homes.

This is a test that Allah (God) has put you through, in fact, every Muslim who claims sincerity is always put through a test of some sort, where their wealth, life or enjoyment is at risk, that is how Allah differentiates between those who are sincere and those who aren't.

So i think you should read into the stories of the early companions, and you will find comfort to know that you're not the odd one out, infact you will be emulating the best of the best, so don't let that hold you from becoming a Muslim, it's merely a test.

As for your parents, do your best to be kind to them and respect them, afterall they are your parents, at the same time, don't forget that we are all going to die one day, and what really matters is whether God will be pleased with us. Do your utmost to not have to run away from home so long as they're not harming you or anything like that, because, since tehy where kind to you, the best way you can repay them is by teaching them and inviting them to Islam :)

It's a very ahrd long process that many of us have went through, guidance is in the hands of Allah, our job is to pass the message, it is upto Allah whether they accept or not, but we just need to stick to our principles :)

sorry i waffled a bit, feel free to ask me for anything in specific!!
i wish you allllll the best, that's reeeally really sad to hear, alot of us have been through that, in fact all the early Muslims went throught hat, including our prophet Muhammad PBUH. Perhaps that may bring you comfort :)

i wish you all the best! take care Ashley :)

chacha_jalebi
08-07-2006, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:sl:

But I'm slightly stuck with the option of you becoming a Muslim by taking the oath [shahaadah] now, or later once you have learnt what Islam is....
So brothers and sisters, perhaps you could help me out on that...
i would say take the shahadah now & leave the rest to Allah (swt) because when he helps, no1 can mess wit ya :p :D:D:D:D:D

Angel
08-07-2006, 08:52 PM
masha allah sis u wana be muslim dats wikid
like bro said dont tel ur parents and no matter wat u hav to respect ur parents and dat includes NO RUNNING AWAY OKI hehe :)

insha allah i will mkae dua for u to allah to make this easy for u
this is soo good u wana be a muslim masha allah sista and :welcome: to islam da one and only true religion of Allah

Fishman
08-07-2006, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ashley
and from observing how muslims behave and respect each other and always call bro n sis to each other ,how sweet muslims are wel i wanted to become a muslim but there is two reasons dat i cant one
where i live there is no mosque there are ful of churches and well non-muslims like me
second im only a kid ,im 14 i have parents family who would deffently not let be a muslim they dont like em seeing wat da news and tv says abot em
anywaz i seriesly need ur help i realy realy realy wana be a muslim, i love muslims and i lov the religion its realy fair and beautiful i would do anything for it even if i have to run away and leave my parents but if there is other solution i dont wana do dat i love my parents ,they brought me up al those years and given me love and shelter i dont wana run away and leave my parents or disappoint them
Whoa! You're fourteen?! You want to be Muslim?! Your parents don't know yet and you are having trouble telling them?! Those are exactly the same problems that I had!

Do you have any Muslim friends outside of this website? If you want to start the process of conversion, you need to tell them first. That way you can have somebody to fall back on, if things get messy. Don't worry about whether your Muslim friend will accept you as truthful or not, if you are sincere in your conversion, you will be very emotional, and they will believe you.

Now, after waiting a short while, prehaps a week, you should get someone to support you about telling your parents. Your Muslim friend could fill this role, but I asked a sympathetic RE teacher. They should help you tell your parents, or at least be present when you tell them. This is to act as a 'web of saftey' to help you if they react with shouting because they are shocked.

After the initial shock, my family accepted my decision, and started to help me find Muslim organisations to talk to. Insha'Allaah (God-willing) they will help you find a Masjid, and Insha'Allaah you will be accepted into the community. My first Friday prayer was quite an experience, I met loads of other believers, and made new friends.

Insha'Allaah I will send you more info, but since you are a limited member, I can't have PM conversations with you.

What they say on the news is just propaganda. Everyone that that a governement or society is against is subjected to it at one time or another. In the 30s they lied about Jews, in the 50s they lied about communists, and in the 60s they lied about immigrants. Now it is the turn for the Muslims to face the great distortion machine, and we must be strong against it. We must let the good Muslims be more prominent than the bad, and eventually we will win through.

And if you find something that a non-Muslim wrote against Islam, the most important thing is HAVE FAITH! Tell someone knowledgeable like Ansar (he's one of the administrators on this forum), and he will probably finish off what the anti-Muslim has said in a single post. You could ask me or any of the other members of this forum for help, but Ansar is the most knowledgeable of them all, he would do well as a professional Muslim debator.

Remember, the most important, most precious thing to a Muslim is faith, or Iman. If you don't have that, even if you have a mountain of gold, you have nothing.
:w:

afriend
08-07-2006, 09:16 PM
^just the person to advise you :D

IbnAbdulHakim
08-07-2006, 09:38 PM
hey to my future sister in Islam :) (InshaALlah, if Allah wills)

Fishman has given excellent advise, if Islam is in your heart then hold tight onto it sis, mashAllah its always so heart warming to hear about someone whos guided to the truth and saved :D.

I would say much more but the brothers before me have said such excellent advice mashAllah.

I just wanted to say, I wish u all the success, Rememba you step one single inch towards ALlah and Allah will run towards you, his always there for those who trust in him and believe in him... the one and Allmighty God, subhanAllah, have patience and WALLAHI ALlah promises relief after every hardship :)

:peace: (Cant wait 2 say salaam to u, plz anounce when u accept islam INSHAALLAH) :)

- Qatada -
08-07-2006, 10:11 PM
Question:

How To Become a Muslim ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

All praise be to Allah, the lord of the universe. May peace and blessings of Allah be upon Mohammad, His last messenger.

The purpose of this hand-out is to correct a false idea spread among those willing to adopt Islam as their faith. Some people have a wrong notion that entering into th Islamic fold requires an announcement from the concerned person in the presence of high ranking scholars or shaikhs or reporting this act to courts of justice or other authorities. It is also thought that the act accepting Islam, should, as a condition, have a certificate issued by the authorities, as evidence to that effect.

We wish to clarify that whole matter is very easy and that none of these conditions or obligations are required. For Allah, Almighty, is above all comprehension and knows well the secrets of all hearts. Nevertheless, those who are going to adopt Islam as their religion are advised to register themselves as Muslims with the concerned governmental agency, as this procedure may facilitate for them many matters including the possibility of performing Hajj (Pilgrimage) and Umrah.

If anyone has a real desire to be a muslim and has full conviction and strong belief that Islam is the true religion ordained by Allah for all human-being, then, one should pronounce the “shahada”, the testimony of faith, without further delay. The Holy Qur’an is explicit on this regard as Allah states :

“The Religion in the sight of Allah is Islam” (Qur’an 3:19)

in another verse of the Holy Qur’an, Allah states :

If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (Submission to Allah), Never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost (their selves in the hell fire).” (Qur’an 3:85)

In addition, Islam is the only religion prevailing over all other religions. Allah states in the Holy Qur’an :

“To thee We sent the Scripture in the truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety :…. (Qur’an 5:48)

Mohammad, the Prophet of Allah (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), said :

“The superstructure of Islam is raised on five (pillars) : testifying that there is no God (none truly to be worshipped) but Allah, and that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah, performing the prayer, paying the Zakah (poor-due), fasting the month of Ramadan, and performing Hajj.”

The Shahada can be declared as follows :

“ASH-HADU ANLA ELAHA ILLA-ALLAH WA ASH-HADU ANNA MOHAMMADAN RASUL-ALLAH”.

The English translation is :

“I bear witness that there is no deity (none truly to be worshipped) but, Allah, and I bear witness that Mohammad is the messenger of Allah.”

However, it would not be sufficient for anyone to only utter this testimony oraly either in private or in public; but rather, he should believe in it by heart with a firm conviction and unshakeable faith. If one is truly sincere and complies with the teachings of Islam in all his life, he will find himself a new born person.

This will move him to strive more and more to improve his character and draw nearer to perfection. The light of the living faith will fill his heart until he becomes the embodiment of that faith.

What would be next after declaring oneself a Muslim ? one should then know the real concept underlying this testimony which means the oneness of Allah and meet its requiremants. One must behave accordingly, applying this true faith to every thing one speaks or does.

What do the words of the “Shahada” signify? The significant point which every Muslim must know very well is the truth that there is no God (deity) to be worshipped other than Allah. He-glory be to Him – is the only true God, Who alone deserves to be worshipped, since He is the Giver of life and Sustainer and Nourisher of mankind and all creation with His unlimited bounties. Man must worship Allah, Who alone is worthy of worship.

The second part of the Shahada “i.e., Wa Ash-hadu anna Mohammadan abduhu wa rasuluh” means that Prophet Mohammad (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) is the servant and chosen messenger of Allah. No one must have two opinions about this matter. In fact the Muslim has to obey the commands of the Prophet (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him), to believe him in what he has said, to practise his teachings, to avoid what ha has forbidden, and to worship Allah alone according to the message revealed to him, for all the teachings of the Prophet were in fact revelation and inspirations conveyed to him by Allah.

What is the meaning of worship? It simply means rendering sincere service, showing reverence for Allah. In a deeper shade of meaning, it implies total submission and complete obedience to Allah’s commandments both in utterances and actions of man whether explicit or implicit.

Worship fall into two categories :

1. Visible (manifest or outward).
2. Invisible (concealed or inward).

Visible worship includes acts such as uttering the two parts of the “Shahada”, performing prayers, giving Zakah (the poor-due), recitation of the Holy Qur’an, supplication, adoring Allah by praising Him, purifying our bodies before prayers, etc.

This type of worship is associated with movement of the parts of the human body.

Invisible worship is to believe in Allah, in the Day of Judgement (in the Hereafter), in the Angels, in the Books of Allah, in the Prophets of Allah, in the Divine Decree of destiny (that good and bad are determined by Allah alone).

This type worship does not involve movement of parts of the body but it surely has bearing on one’s heart which subsequently affects one’s way of life.

It should be borne in mind that any worship not dedicated to Allah alone will be rejected as one form of polytheism and this causes apostasy from the Islamic fold.

The next step for a newly revert to Islam is the purify himself by taking a cmplete bath. He should then resolve to comply with the principles and rules of Islam in their entirety. He should disown all forms of polytheism and false beliefs. He should reject evil and be rigtheous. Such rejection of evil and being righteous is one of the requisites of the motto of Islam – that is, Laa ilaha illallah.

Allah states in the Holy qur’an :

“…whoever rejects evil and believes in the Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy Hand-hold, that never breaks…” (Qur’an 2:256).

We have to consider that when declare from our heart that “ there is no god (deity) worthy to be worshipped but Allah”, it implies on our part love, devotion, faith and obedience to the rules of Islamic legislations which are legally binding on all Muslims. It is a requiremant of “there is no god worthy to be worshipped but Allah” to love for the sake of Allah and to reject for the sake of Allah.

This is the firmest anchor of belief which materialise the meaning of “AL WALA” and “AL BARA”. It means that a Muslim should love and be loyal to his Muslim brothers. He should, as a practise, dissociate himself completely from the unbelievers and refuse to be influenced by them, both in wordly and religious matters.

We conclude with a humble prayer to Allah that may He cleanse the hearts and souls of those who are genuine seekers of truth and may He bless the community of believers.

Aameen.

Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Allaah Almighty knows best.

If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask.

Peace.

snakelegs
08-08-2006, 03:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah
Your affair is with Allah, therefore if Islam is still in your heart, your still good, u can learn about Islam and practice it secretly.
this says it all. no one can own your heart.

format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Well, first off, don't run away. You have to respect your parents, just part of being Muslim.

They can control where you go, what you do, how you dress, even how you talk, but they can't control your mind or heart. So, what i suggest is that you keep your belief strong, by gaining more knowledge and stuff, and show your parents... every so often, the good things about Islam.

Inshallah everything goes good for you, and i wish you the best,

Kidman
more good advice.
i'm not a muslim (obviously) but i think there is some real good advice on this thread. you do not have to choose between islam and your parents.

Dawud_uk
08-09-2006, 06:51 AM
assalaamu alaykum sister (peace be upon you sister)

it is easy to become muslim,
say "i testify there is no God but Allah and i testify that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah" say it out loud now... go on! what you waiting for?

best to do it in front of muslim witnesses but really if you said that then it would be enough for God and would be acceptable to him.

if you just said it then in the eyes of God you are now a muslim, congratulations sister!

once you have said that it then becomes necessary to start learning about the deen (way of life) called islam, to start to try praying and learning the prayer.

in islam you become muslim first, once you accept the basic ideas and then later learn to pray and do all the other stuff.

i shouldnt become necessary to run away from your family unless they try to stop you practicing islam, at which point if after discussing with them why you are doing it and letting them know you are going to stick with islam, if at that point you still were not able to practice your deen then yes at that point you need to remove yourself from the situation.

before the other muslims shout me down on this one, we must remember there is no obedience that is in disobedience to the creator so if she is being stopped from praying and practicing and learning about islam then it is necessary for our young sister to protect herself by removing herself from the situation.

there were even stories of sahabah running away from their parents and whilst they still kept in touch and tried to keep good conduct with them, if they physically stopped them from practicing then yes from the stories i have read they ran away and they were only young men and women like ashley here.

i am also not entirely ignorant of the situation, having to move out myself when the arguments with my father got too heated and having seen other muslims having had to do the same thing through my work helping the new muslim project.

sister, say your shahadah (testification), then when you get the opportunity say it in front of some muslim witnesses and know that every sin you have ever committed is forgiven at that point! how merciful if Allah that he forgives all a persons sins on becomming muslim!

why say it publically as well as privately?
that is because saying it publically means other muslims should now start treating you as their sister in islam. say it privately and God will treat you as a muslim, say it publically and the muslims will start treating you as a muslim!

then calmly explain to your parents that this you decision and you will not be swayed from it, try to get them to agree to let you practice it sincerely and be calm, Allah tells us in the Quran we cannot even raise our voices to our parents.

if that doesnt work and they are firmly against you then show them through kind conduct and good speech that you are a better person for your interest in faith and in islam and practice your religion anyway even if they speak against it and tell you not to do it.

it doesnt always work, but usually it will. my own mother told my brother that she liked the person i had become, just not my reasons for it.

so in islam there is no obedience that is in disobedience to the creator so if they tell you to stop then kindly tell them no and continue.

if however they physically try to stop you then it is best to remove yourself from the situation. try to cultivate contacts with the sisters in your area so that if worse comes to the worse and you are thrown out or have to leave at least you will have somewhere to stay as the modern world is quite dangerous, especially for young women on their own and some men are not as nice as they first seem.

as to your problem of there being no mosques in your area, try to keep learning through the web and then find where the nearest muslim community to you is. also praying in the mosque is not obligatory on women like it is for men, so dont stress not being able to go to the mosque just yet.

also you need to remember although muslims are generally better than the rest of the population, they are not perfect and beards and hijabs are only indications of piety not absolute proof but still most muslims will welcome you with open arms and help you anyway they can.

take care sister and if you need more advice or help then post if here publically or you can private message my wife who is sister 'daffodil' on here.

assalaamu alaykum, (peace be upon you)
Daw'ud

Ashley
08-09-2006, 04:48 PM
thnk u all for ur help i appreciate it
and bro fishman i have received ur email thnk u for trying to help me unfortunatly i couldnt send u my thnkx because im a limited member and i cant send private messages. i kno u all have tried ur best but u have no idea wat a mess i am in, my folks totaly hate muslims and da religion they cant stand it and i have done very baaad things , things dat would make u alll crinch ,i hav done things dat normal non-muslims do like having a boyfriend and doing stufff im not gona go in to details cz juz thinking about it makes me a shamed:cry: i dont kno if i will ever be forgiven or even if i deserve to be forgiven.
but i do kno dat i wana be a muslim ooh very much but i dont know if can be a good one or if i will manage wat with da situation im in
but anywaz thnk you alll soo much da advice u gave me was soo helpfull and very goood
who knows u might all become my futture bro and sis if god wills (Allah)

thnk u all

sallam (is dat how u write it?)

- Qatada -
08-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi Ashley.

I hope things get easier for you insha'Allaah (God willing.) But i want you to read this hadith:

'Amr ibn al-'As (may Allaah Almighty be pleased with him) says: "When Allah guided me to Islam, I went to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said to him: 'O Prophet of Allah! Stretch out your hand so that I may pledge my allegiance to you.' The Prophet (peace be upon him) stretched out his hand to me, but I withdrew my hand. The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked: 'O 'Amr! what is the matter with you?'

I said: 'I would like to stipulate a condition! ' The Prophet (peace be upon him) asked: 'What is it?' I said: 'That all my past sins be forgiven!' The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: 'O 'Amr! Do you not know that Islam wipes off all past sins, and hijrah (leaving one's home and hearth for Allah's cause) wipes off all sins, and (similarly) Hajj wipes off all past sins!"' (Sahih Muslim)

So by becoming muslim, Allaah the Most Merciful will forgive you all your previous sins that you have done. Whatever evil or wrong you did before islam, that doesn't count. And even feeling ashamed and regretful of those sins makes a person a better believer. Because they don't want to do those sins ever again.

Also, remember that even if the whole world came to you to try to harm you - nobody could harm you unless Allaah willed. And if the whole world came to you to try to benefit you, no-one could benefit you unless Allaah willed.

So why not accept islam? you knows its the truth, and naturally - Allaah trials and tests the people to see which ones will believe and which ones will turn away from the truth. This is the life where you will have tests, but if you stay firm in your belief - you'll be promised jannah/paradise - that place where you've always desired.

You want all that bling, you will get it in paradise if you stay firm in being muslim.

Allaah the Most Merciful says in the Qur'an:

Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow: they shall be adorned therein with bracelets of gold and pearls; and their garments there will be of silk. (Qur'an 22:03)

Only a believer can get to that paradise, because if a person doesn't believe in their Lord - Allaah, then why should they be promised it? Feel happy that out of everyone, Allaah has chosen you to be the one who has found the truth.. so be happy.

Remember that Allaah is always with you, Allaah says:

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith. (Qur'an 2:152)

and also:

Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

[narrated in Bukhari - hadith qudsi]

Remember that Allaah is always with you.. Allaah loves you more than anyone else does. When you accept islam, you'll be part of a bigger family - the billions of people who are muslim in the whole world. And in the end, you'll be in paradise forever with your whole family, where you can do whatever you desire or wish.

All you have to do to join the truth is say:

"i testify there is no God but Allah and i testify that Muhammad (peace be upon him) is the messenger of Allah"

Allaah will help you through the good and the bad insha'Allaah (God willing.) If you need any help, just ask Allaah and He will help you. Who do you have besides that who can help? Everyone will die some day.. so lets die in the state of islam (submission) - in a way that Allaah will be happy with us and we be happy with Him.

we look forward to your response.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

IbnAbdulHakim
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM
and bro fishman i have received ur email thnk u for trying to help me unfortunatly i couldnt send u my thnkx because im a limited member and i cant send private messages. i kno u all have tried ur best but u have no idea wat a mess i am in, my folks totaly hate muslims and da religion they cant stand it and i have done very baaad things , things dat would make u alll crinch ,i hav done things dat normal non-muslims do like having a boyfriend and doing stufff im not gona go in to details cz juz thinking about it makes me a shamed:cry: i dont kno if i will ever be forgiven or even if i deserve to be forgiven.
but i do kno dat i wana be a muslim ooh very much but i dont know if can be a good one or if i will manage wat with da situation im in
but anywaz thnk you alll soo much da advice u gave me was soo helpfull and very goood

thnk u all

as soon as you step into islam all your past sins are forgiven because you werent aware of Islam.

i cant find the hadith, forgive me but as rasullulah saws related this in quite a few hadith. When one steps out from the time of jahilliyah (ignorance) into islam (submission) all past sins are forgiven and you will become like a newborn baby, free of sins :)

Fishman
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM

thnk u all

Don't worry about previous sins, if you convert/revert, Allah (swt) forgives everything bad you did before becoming Muslim, even disbelief. And you get to keep all the good things you've done too.

Worrying about how your parents will react is a serious issue for new reverts (converts). Almost everybody who has become Muslim worries about what will happen, including me. In my case, it turned out that my parents (who don't believe in any god, and hate all religions equally) were shocked at first, but calmed down later. But you must get in contact with the Muslim community first. No matter how bad things get, they will help you insha'Allaah. If your parents have a little trouble with your decision, they will talk to your parents and they will feel better about you decision insha'Allaah. And if the worst comes to the worst, and your parents throw you out (I'm not saying that will happen, but it does), they will look after you and give you somwhere to stay insha'Allaah. As we have said before, we treat eachother like brothers and sisters.

Which country do you live in? If you live in the UK, I will tell you about some of the organisations you can go to insha'Allaah. The UK has a very large Muslim population, so there are plenty of places to find help, like a nearby Masjid (Mosque).

Insha'Allaah I will make dua (pray) for you to become a Muslimah (a female Muslim).

Ashley
08-09-2006, 06:01 PM
yh i live in da uk

Fishman
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
yh i live in da uk
Good, I've sent you the email address of the New Muslims Project leader Batool al-Toma. You can also go to Notts New Muslims if you live in Nottingham, or the New Muslims Project website.

Dawud_uk
08-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Assalaamu Alaykum sister Ashley,

Look don’t worry, at least you realise now you have made a mistake and want to change, i had another 10 years of mistakes on my conscience before i finally realised the truth!

But even so i know Allah is most merciful, he forgives all, there is nothing you could have done that he will not forgive when you accept Islam, even associating a partner with God, the worse of all sins is forgiven on becoming Muslim.

The new Muslim project is probably a good place for you to turn to for help,

Here is my own local branches web address,

http://www.nmponline.org.uk/

it even has my reversion story on there! But not much else, it is still being developed but the brother doing it has been given 101 other tasks by his local mosque.

Here also is the one for Leeds, as you can see it is quite well developed.

http://www.leedsnewmuslims.org.uk/ne.../web_links.asp

Southampton, Blackburn, East London and Manchester all also have branches of the New Muslim Project.

For yourself you need to realise that it is easy for you to repent, turn to Allah and be forgiven when you become Muslim.

Even people who are already Muslims who then sin can still turn to Allah and be forgiven if they are sincere.

Also you don’t need to tell anyone your sin’s, that is between you and God, some people have this terrible habit of asking what new Muslims used to do before Islam so don’t be afraid to tell them it is none of their business!

With your parents it can be surprising, sometimes those who are harshest towards Islam are easiest towards reverts in the family and those you think will be fine are the harshest towards reverts to Islam.

So take brother Fishman’s advice and once you start to make Muslim contacts then get a respectable elder like an imam of a Mosque or someone from the New Muslim Project to come and speak to your parents for you.

It is also bad to say but sometimes parents can be very harsh and cruel and I have known cases where the brother or sister found themselves homeless so make sure you have a back up plan in place.

I think you have said enough to make it quite clear your intention to become Muslim, you have our support sister and although not all Muslims are perfect it should be possible for you to find support near you also.

Take care sister, we are all here for you and if you need our help don’t hesitate to ask for it.

Assalaamu Alaykum,
Daw’ud

Ps…
Easy way to get full membership is just to post ‘welcome to the forum brother / sister, hope you enjoy your visits here’ or other nice comments on the new members bit of this forum.

lyesh
08-10-2006, 07:59 AM
Salaam,
Thts Great news! May Allah Guide you to the straight path and make you successful!
Ameen!

Daffodil
08-10-2006, 03:09 PM
Sis ashley, It seems to me that u already are convinced that islam is the true religion so therefore u are a muslim. the only thing stopping u from admitting it is the fact that ur not sure what ur parents will think.

Every one here has given u brilliant advice n loads of links so inshallah thatll be enough for u for now.

Where abouts in the uk are u?

(dawud wen did u put ur story up, i didnt even know u had it up there)

Ashley
08-10-2006, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Sis ashley, It seems to me that u already are convinced that islam is the true religion so therefore u are a muslim. the only thing stopping u from admitting it is the fact that ur not sure what ur parents will think.

Every one here has given u brilliant advice n loads of links so inshallah thatll be enough for u for now.

Where abouts in the uk are u?

(dawud wen did u put ur story up, i didnt even know u had it up there)

yes sista ur right every one has given me a great advice and im thnkful to ya al :D :D
u r right, i do believ da islam is the true religion and i am convinced
but i only hav u guys who can help me of corse i do hav one muslim freind but she doesntpractice msuch ,she is like me u kno ,does wat i used to do so ,wel she doesnt kno much and
where i live sis its called Dudley, do u kno where dat is? . its not dudley road in Birmingham but Dudley da town, its a small town where theres lots of white non-muslims and they dont have mosques or any muslim places, there is only alot of churches. but it doesnt matter its up to me now to do whatever it is i hav to do 2 become a muslim
thnk you all ,u hav been great help al of you
i might not be here 4 a while but wen i do come back i wil be a muslim and a true one if god wills ( how do u say dat in arabic)
anywaz thnkz all

c ya soon

4ROM UR SOON TO BE SISTA
~~Ash~~

786rani
08-10-2006, 06:01 PM
gr8 2 know u wanna bcome a muslim...i'm not good wid advice so i'll leave it to my ppl.
rani

786rani
08-10-2006, 06:03 PM
u liv in dudley there r loadz of muslims der...
rani

Dawud_uk
08-11-2006, 12:15 PM
yes sista ur right every one has given me a great advice and im thnkful to ya al :D :D
but i only hav u guys who can help me of corse i do hav one muslim freind but she doesntpractice msuch ,she is like me u kno ,does wat i used to do so ,wel she doesnt kno much and
where i live sis its called Dudley, do u kno where dat is? . its not dudley road in Birmingham but Dudley da town, its a small town where theres lots of white non-muslims and they dont have mosques or any muslim places, there is only alot of churches. but it doesnt matter its up to me now to do whatever it is i hav to do 2 become a muslim
i might not be here 4 a while but wen i do come back i wil be a muslim and a true one if god wills ( how do u say dat in arabic)
anywaz thnkz all

c ya soon

4ROM UR SOON TO BE SISTA
~~Ash~~

Assalaamu Alaykum sister Ashley, (peace be upon you Ashley)

Islam is as perfect a way of life as is possible to live on this earth, unfortunately not all Muslims are perfect and the fact you have a friend like this perhaps shows you this so you don’t have to learn this lesson the hard way which can often damage the faith of a new Muslim.

Some Muslims are good, some bad and some in-between so if you have learnt that lesson then it stops you getting hurt later on as some New Muslims can be a little silly when it comes to this and think because Islam is great then all Muslims must be the same which is of-course not true.

From looking at the UK map, Dudley is quite close to Birmingham, would assume there is a bus or local train service to Birmingham? Might be a good idea if you find your way to Coventry Road, in the small heath area of Birmingham, which is full of Mosques, Islamic bookshops and gift shops as well as Halal food places.

It also has one of my favourite Mosques there, which is Green Lane Mosque and I always try to find time to pray there when I am visiting Birmingham. It has large sisters and brothers sections and was very friendly and had a good mix of Pakistanis, Somalis, Arabs and lots of reverts as well when I last went.

Not all Mosques however have a sisters section (most don’t) and this one is particularly good so you might want to give it a try. If you get to Birmingham you need to then go to Coventry Road and at the end of the Road nearer town there is Road which goes off to one side called Green Lane, near the Morrison’s Super Market. It is an old Brick building, with a tower.

If you go there then they should be able to witness your Shahadah (testification of faith) if you feel you are ready for that or talk to you if not feeling ready yet. That part of Birmingham is also very pleasant and I have always found the Muslims there very friendly.

This is of-course a big step and people are gonna be trying to stop you and you will be nervous no doubt but just try to chill out, realise you are doing what God wants you to do and that after this day things are going to be much better for you though of-course everyone is tested in life still.

To answer your own question you put, God willing is Insha’Allah in Arabic, pronounced more In-sha-aL-Lah but don’t worry about these things yet, you need to learn the very basic beliefs of the Muslims first, become Muslim and then start learning to pray, picking up these basic terms will be come later so don’t sweat it now.

If you were in Sheffield it would be easier for myself and my wife to help you but as you are closer to Birmingham it might be a good idea if you get good contacts with the sisters there such as those at Green Lane Mosque.

Assalaamu Alaykum,
Daw’ud

Angel
08-11-2006, 04:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani
u liv in dudley there r loadz of muslims der...
rani

not in da area i live sis

Angel
08-11-2006, 04:16 PM
i used to liv in dudly and its not dat much muslim populated so i can understand Ashley but then i moved to Birmingham which is full of muslims
so do as bro Dawud_uk said get a bus from Dudley to Birmingham i can even tel u which bus goes there its easy, first wat part of Dudley do u live?

I would do anything to help u, if u want i can even show u around
meet u wen u get to Birmingham i know alot of mosques and alot of muslim communities i can take u there:coolsis:

so sis Ashley if u need help getting to Birmingham tel me i wil be glad to help u
and like bro said Dudley isnt dat far from Birmingham only 1 or 2 hours i used to live dere,so i kno all da places.:D

Snowflake
08-11-2006, 11:31 PM
anywaz thnkz all

c ya soon

4ROM UR SOON TO BE SISTA
~~Ash~~
awww inshaAllah (God willing) sis. May Allah protect and strengthen your imaan (faith). Don't go away for too long, as we'll be wondering where you are. :?

There's a mosque I know of in Dudley. It's near Dudley Zoo. I know Birmingham is near ( that's where I live) but it may not be easy for u to come here often. I will find out the exact location of that mosque and let u know inshaAllah.

Take care sis. I will keep you in my prayers inshaAllah.

Oh and you can also tune into Dudley's Radio Ramadhan on 87.8 FM or visit their site for more information.
http://www.mcb.org.uk/features/features.php?ann_id=551

glo
08-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi Ashley

Welcome to this forum! :thankyou:

You've had much good advice, so I will keep my own post brief.

I'd be interested to hear where and how you have met Muslims? The fact that there are no mosques near you makes me think there are not many Muslims in your immediate neighbourhood.

Regardless ofhow and where you have met Muslims, it seems that they have been positive witnesses to you. That's great, because it is our behaviour and attitude which draws people to our faith!
I am not sure how much you know about Islam, though.
I am sure my Muslims friends will agree with me that there is more to Islam than 'calling each other bro and sis and being sweet'!

So use your time to study the religion and learn more about it.

That will deepen your own understanding and faith, and your parents will see that you are making an informed choice rather than having a teenage moment of resenting parental decisions!

I hope this makes sense and speaks to you.

Bless you, sis. :)

Ashley
08-17-2006, 05:19 PM
not alot muslims leave near my area actually very feww and i learned about islam on dis forum this great wonderfull forum introduced islam to me thank u alll

"she jumps up and down":statisfie :statisfie
IM A MUSLIM
A MUSLIM:) :)

glo
08-17-2006, 05:52 PM
not alot muslims leave near my area actually very feww and i learned about islam on dis forum this great wonderfull forum introduced islam to me thank u alll

"she jumps up and down":statisfie :statisfie
IM A MUSLIM
A MUSLIM:) :)
May you always walk with God, sister. :)

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.