/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saniora reverses claim of 40 dead

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 01:20 AM
Late Monday evening IAF fighters struck targets in a Hizbullah-controlled neighborhood of Beirut. Security officials at the scene reported at least five dead and 20 others wounded.

Earlier in the day, Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora said only one person had died in an earlier Israeli air raid on the southern village of Houla, reversing his earlier claim that 40 were killed there.

Saniora reportedly broke into tears during opening remarks appealing to Arab League foreign ministers for help, saying that 40 had died in Houla. A security official later said there were about 30 people trapped and the death toll was not known.

The security official, who spoke anonymously, said rescue workers at the scene were trying to reach survivors who were calling out for help. He believed that among those trapped, more were alive than dead.

Local television stations reported rescuers had pulled out 65 survivors, including 35 children, from under the rubble.

Saniora disclosed the attack in the village, where heavy ground fighting between Hezbollah guerrillas and Israeli has been raging in recent days, in an impassioned opening address to a hastily convened meeting of Arab foreign ministers who met in Beirut to show solidarity with Lebanon's government and people who have been under intensive Israeli airstrikes since July 12.

Syria's foreign minister, Walid Moallem, abruptly walked out of the meeting Monday. While leaving, he refused to answer reporters' questions.

The reason for his departure was not immediately clear.

On Sunday, Moallem told reporters that "Syria is ready for the possibility of a regional war" if Israel attacks his country.

LINK

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
08-08-2006, 01:23 AM
And your point is....

Instead of pointing at one inaccuracy of a depressed leader, why dont you Jews repent for bombing babies and old women?

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 01:24 AM
of course he wont, Lavikor is the type that can never admit his people or governement is wrong even if its a soldier killing a child while laughing, denile is bliss :giggling:

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 01:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
of course he wont, Lavikor is the type that can never admit his people or governement is wrong even if its a soldier killing a child while laughing, denile is bliss :giggling:
There are many people on this forum who are the same way, except they cannot admit any Muslims is wrong.

I have admited plenty of times that israel did something wrong.

I can actually critisize my country. I use my brain, and don't follow the herd unlike many people here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 01:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
There are many people on this forum who are the same way, except they cannot admit any Muslims is wrong.

I have admited plenty of times that israel did something wrong.

I can actually critisize my country. I use my brain, and don't follow the herd unlike many people here.

sorry then, maybe getting you confused with someone else:X

Zulkiflim
08-08-2006, 03:46 AM
Salaam,

Do not worry,the number of dead one at the hand of Isrelais will be rememebred and repaid ten fold..

Inshallah,,..

Keltoi
08-08-2006, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Do not worry,the number of dead one at the hand of Isrelais will be rememebred and repaid ten fold..

Inshallah,,..
Wonderful, then the Israelis can kill hundreds more for the few Hezbollah and Hamas kill and this beautiful dance of death can paint the Holy Land with blood for future generations to come. :rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.