/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No non-Muslims aloud in Mecca?

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:01 AM
How do they prove your not a Muslim?

And what is Jews, or Christians decided no non-Jews or non-Christians aloud in there holiest places?

You would call it rascism, the evils of zionism ect...

Why are non-Muslims not aloud in Mecca? And how can you justify this?

Are non-Muslims not worthy, or less holy to you all?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Maybe you should ask somebody working in Saudi immigration or security?

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:06 AM
Why non-Muslims want to come to Mecca, I meant for Muslims it's 100% using their time doing religious deeds. But for Non Muslims it would be a boring place to be.... No music, no entertainment, crowded....

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 04:08 AM
That is important how would they know?, someone told me that is why you have to tell your officials in your country that you are muslim and will be going there, so they can check, is this true?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-08-2006, 04:09 AM
Odd, When I was non-Muslim I visited both Makkah and Medinah. Just could not get close to theQqibla. I was not aware of any restrictions except for during the Hajj.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
That is important how would they know?, someone told me that is why you have to tell your officials in your country that you are muslim and will be going there, so they can check, is this true?
I dont know...

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 04:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Odd, When I was non-Muslim I visited both Makkah and Medinah. Just could not get close to theQqibla. I was not aware of any restrictions except for during the Hajj.
really? thats interesting

MUNIRAH

Are non-Muslims not worthy, or less holy to you all?

I don't know how to put this nicely...:rollseyes but Mecca is a very holly Islamic place....the city of our Prophet mohamed(scw).n ...............................................

wait a minute do u mean the Hajj or the entire City Mecca:? :? :?

north_malaysian
This is interesting... What you did in Mecca and Medina?:)

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:13 AM
I don't know how to put this nicely... but Mecca is a very holly Islamic place....the city of our Prophet mohamed(scw).
So it would be justified to make Jerusalem a Jewish only city?

Are non-Muslims not good enough to enter?

MUNIRAH
08-08-2006, 04:15 AM

Are ya talkin about the Hajj only or The entire city of Mecca??:? :?

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 04:15 AM
Lavikor, Woodrow just states non muslims are alowed in mecca and medinah, because he went before he was Muslim,just not to the one holy area during hajj, whats your beef now?

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:19 AM
Lavikor, Woodrow just states non muslims are alowed in mecca and medinah, because he went before he was Muslim,just not to the one holy area during hajj, whats your beef now?
I'm talking abotu Haj. Your holy day.

I saw a sign saying muslims go here,

and non- muslims go there to exit

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 04:21 AM
[BANANA] dont have a cow[/BANANA]its one day

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:24 AM
I just think it would be interesting to see it.

Would you be angry if Jews declared Muslims are not aloud one day a year at the Western Wall or another holy site... because you are Muslim.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:27 AM

I dont know about the whole city of Mecca (need someone with good knowledge on this.)

But when it comes to Grand Mosque.... We Muslims gave priority to Muslims in our House of worship.

I've learnt that if a Non Muslim want to observe Muslim prayer, he cant be in front or in the middle of the congregation, he must be like in the farthest place in the mosque, bcause a Muslim got priority in mosque, because he want to worship not to observe.

Imagine, with millions of worshippers in Great mosque, should a Non Muslim be given priority to be inside the mosque just to observe, while a Muslim who want to worship had to do it outside the mosque?

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:29 AM

Would you be angry if Jews declared Muslims are not aloud one day a year at the Western Wall or another holy site... because you are Muslim.
What the heck Muslims doing there at the wailing wall?

Woodrow
08-08-2006, 04:29 AM
really? thats interesting
I just did some quick checking and found out that it was forbidden for me to have been in there. This was back in the 1960's. It was fairly common for Arab guides to bring Western Tourists for a viewof Mecca and Medina at that time. I just found this quote from a Saudi guide. I won't post the link to the site. But, this seems to have been common in the 1960's.

Even today, there are ways around the barrier. Occasionally nonbelievers will surreptiously enter the city in the company of Muslim friends. One Muslim confides: "I have some Christian friends who have visited Mecca in the last few years--also a Jewish friend."

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:30 AM
I just did some quick checking and found out that it was forbidden for me to have been in there. This was back in the 1960's. It was fairly common for Arab guides to bring Western Tourists for a viewof Mecca and Medina at that time. I just found this quote from a Saudi guide. I won't post the link to the site. But, this seems to have been common in the 1960's.
But if Lavikor want to visit Mecca and Medina, he had to use non-Israeli passport... I think..

BlissfullyJaded
08-08-2006, 04:31 AM
Hi,

According to Islam, it is forbidden that non Muslims enter Makkah. For the purpose of business, they can be let into Madeenah, and as soon as their business is done, they are to leave. Otherwise, these are places of religious significance. They are not tourist spots, where people ooh and ahh over the Kabah or the Prophets (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) Dome. :)

Going to the Jewish and Christian places of worship would be purposeless for us. And if according to their scriptures it is forbidden for non Jews or non Christians to enter, I'd respect that.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah
Hi,

According to Islam, it is forbidden that non Muslims enter Makkah.
Care to give authorities?

Otherwise, these are places of religious significance. They are not tourist spots, where people ooh and ahh over the Kabah or the Prophets Dome. :)
Yeah.......

And if according to their scriptures it is forbidden for non Jews or non Christians to enter, I'd respect that.
Yupp....

MUNIRAH
08-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Hi,

According to Islam, it is forbidden that non Muslims enter Makkah. For the purpose of business, they can be let into Madeenah, and as soon as their business is done, they are to leave. Otherwise, these are places of religious significance. They are not tourist spots, where people ooh and ahh over the Kabah or the Prophets (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam) Dome. :)

Going to the Jewish and Christian places of worship would be purposeless for us. And if according to their scriptures it is forbidden for non Jews or non Christians to enter, I'd respect that.

exactly sis!
n if anyone is interested in learning about Islam religion,people whateva don't start with visiting the Hajj(which BTW u can't) u got way too many other things u could start with:D

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
What the heck Muslims doing there at the wailing wall?
Then the person that was trying to tell me Muslims cared about the western wall was lying?

Good to know.

But its irrelevant because it will always be Jewish.

Looking4Peace
08-08-2006, 04:38 AM
Now do the locomotion.

Woodrow
08-08-2006, 04:39 AM
Hi,

Quite true. At the time I did not know I should have not been allowed in Mecca. (Only in the past minutes did I discover, that was not allowed)

One thing I did gain, is a burning desire to enter Mecca as a Muslim, and experience it as it should be and not as an unkowing sight seer.

I was a curious traveler and not very familiar with Islam at that time. Sadly many guides in Saudi Arabia either out of ignorance or greed were eager to bring non-Muslims into the city for short sight seeing tours. The only real restriction was not to take pictures and not to be seperated from the guide.

BlissfullyJaded
08-08-2006, 04:48 AM
:sl:

Brother north_malaysian, here is the proof. Sorry for not posting it to begin with. :)
O you who believe! Verily, the Mushrikûn are Najasun. So let them not come near Al-Masjid-al-Harâm (at Makkah) after this year, and if you fear poverty, Allâh will enrich you if He will, out of His Bounty. Surely, Allâh is All-Knowing, All-Wise.
[Surah Tawbah / Ayah 28]

I understand 'amu Woodrow. I am well aware that your intentions were innocent. and I am well aware of Saudi's doing that, even today. May Allah guide them.

lavikor201
08-08-2006, 04:51 AM
Whatever, was just curious. thank you for your awnsers.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:53 AM
[QUOTE=lavikor201;440399]Then the person that was trying to tell me Muslims cared about the western wall was lying?QUOTE]

Muslims cared about the wall? Hmmmm:rollseyes

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=lavikor201;440399]Then the person that was trying to tell me Muslims cared about the western wall was lying?QUOTE]

Muslims cared about the wall? Hmmmm:rollseyes

As a historical site... yes

But as something religious...nope. Muslims cant pray in other people's place of worship.

MUNIRAH
08-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Whatever, was just curious. thank you for your awnsers.
am glad to know u just needed answers......some people here start out threads to argue n still keep arguein even after they r told the right anwers:D
is just sad!

BlissfullyJaded
08-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Please, lets avoid going off topic. Thanks.

And glad you got your answer. :)

Zulkiflim
08-08-2006, 07:02 AM

Salaam,

Actually no,and that is the speciality of Mecca.

No otehr reliogn can be said to refer to it as Holy only Islam...

But for Jerusalem it is holy to all,Muslim ,jews and christians.

why do you sya you should worship there but deny the other faith?

Do chrisitanity say Mecca is holy or judaism?

Zulkiflim
08-08-2006, 07:10 AM
Salaam,

Mecca and Medinah are 2 cities where non muslim cannot enter.

BEfore entry into Saudi Arabia one should decalre oneself as muslim and that is all.
then it is between you and Allah.

Once you claim to say you are a muslim but then do something unIslamic then trully the harm you do is onyl to yourself.
Between you and Allah.

For me i would ask the Saudi Authorities to ask that any entrant to medina or makkah to say loudly,there is no god but ALLAH and Muhammad saw is a Prophet.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Do chrisitanity say Mecca is holy or judaism?
I'm thinking the same question.... why Non Muslim want to visit Mecca.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 08:13 AM
Woodrow had been to Mecca when he's a non muslim....

Does the visit is one of the reason you reverted, Woodrow?

جوري
08-11-2006, 12:36 AM

I don't think anyone should go a"loud" in a place of worship no.....
besides a friend of mine who is a Jew wrote me and I quote "Sometime later in the conversation, we mentioned the demonstration
across from the Defense Ministry (in Tel Aviv), and I told them I
accidentally broke the law, by taking photos of the building, which a
friend subsequently told me was illegal.

These friends then told me of the new immigrant to Israel, who spoke
no Hebrew, but was very happy to be in his new country, and he was
Walking down the street taking photos of everything in Tel Aviv. Of
course, he took pictures of the Defense Ministry building (which, by
The way, is quite visible from the street). The guards yelled at him
to stop, but he didn't understand, so they shot him. Dead."

and well he is a Jew .... I think Israel is even less tolerant of Muslims ... sad thing is Israelis walk unto the land of Canaan with might ... stole it to build a colonial settler state..... a shame.... not sure how much more restrictive and with utmost insolence can Israel get????.....So bottom line is if you shoot your own folk for taking pics....chances are everything else is even less "allowed" and by that token..... I think muslims should not "Allow" non-Muslims in a place of worship...... what is your business in Mecca anyhow?

Woodrow
08-11-2006, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Woodrow had been to Mecca when he's a non muslim....

Does the visit is one of the reason you reverted, Woodrow?
It could very well have been a contributing factor. Although at the time I was under the impression that my desire was to learn more about Arab Culture and the Arabic language. Although it has only been a little over a year since I reverted, I did spend many years studying Islam and the Arabic language from an academic view point. that little trip into Makkah could very well be a nucleus as to why I always had such curiosity about the Religion and the people of the Mid East. I do know that one day I will return to Makkah and it will be as a Muslim for the Hajj.

azim
08-11-2006, 12:50 AM
It could very well have been a contributing factor. Although at the time I was under the impression that my desire was to learn more about Arab Culture and the Arabic language. Although it has only been a little over a year since I reverted, I did spend many years studying Islam and the Arabic language from an academic view point. that little trip into Makkah could very well be a nucleus as to why I always had such curiosity about the Religion and the people of the Mid East. I do know that one day I will return to Makkah and it will be as a Muslim for the Hajj.
Insha'Allah. If Allah grants you that day - then pray for me.

(I just used the catch all prayer 'Allah, help, guide and reward those who asked me to pray for them" since unfortunately I could barely remember all the names).

Woodrow
08-11-2006, 01:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Insha'Allah. If Allah grants you that day - then pray for me.

(I just used the catch all prayer 'Allah, help, guide and reward those who asked me to pray for them" since unfortunately I could barely remember all the names).
Plans are that it will be next year. Inshallah. Yes I will be remember everybody and I will use your "catch-all prayer" for the same reason you gave.

QuranStudy
08-11-2006, 01:00 AM
Muslims are not interested in the wailing wall.

Makkah is a holy site because it has the structure made by Prophet Abraham.

It is no show for non-Muslims to be entertained.

جوري
08-11-2006, 01:10 AM
By the way I just wanted to add that even Muslims who have made pilgrimage many times are discouraged from doing it yearly as to give a chance and place for others who have never made the trip...... it is usually very crowded..... it is not a tourist attraction...... people are strictly prohibited from doing any kind of business there....... you know no cheating on the Sabbath even if it were a gentile running your affairs.......

north_malaysian
08-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Inshallah!!! Amin!! My parents would go there in 2008 or 2009.

north_malaysian
08-11-2006, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
By the way I just wanted to add that even Muslims who have made pilgrimage many times are discouraged from doing it yearly as to give a chance and place for others who have never made the trip...... .......
There is a quota system where about 25,000 Malaysians are allowed to make hajj annually.... if you registered for Hajj in 2006, you will only be able to do hajj in 2013. My parents registered in 2002, they might be going for hajj in 2008 or 2009. Inshallah.....

~AMIRA~
10-28-2006, 12:35 PM
The Haram is such a beautiful place that if non-muslims were allowed to enter Makkah the place would be chock full of tourists flashing their cameras. No one would like that

north_malaysian
10-30-2006, 02:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~AMIRA~
The Haram is such a beautiful place that if non-muslims were allowed to enter Makkah the place would be chock full of tourists flashing their cameras. No one would like that
Just like the Putrajaya Grand Mosque..... :cry:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.