/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks

guyabano
08-08-2006, 06:23 AM
Washington DC, Aug. 03, 2006 (CNA) - Recent reports indicate that Hezbollah is using Christian villages to shield its attacks against Israel.

According to Christian Solidarity International, Hezbollah is hiding among civilian populations, mostly in southern Lebanese towns, such as Ain Ebel, Rmeish, Alma Alshaab.

Launching attacks behind human shields is in violation of the Geneva Convention's provision for the Protection of Victims of International Armed Conflicts, which prohibits the use of civilians as military shields.

This is not a new strategy for Hezbollah. Col. Charbel Barka, a former South Lebanese Army commander, says Hezbollah is repeating what it did in attacks against Israel in 1996.

A Christian from the village of Ain Ebel, who requested to remain nameless for fear of a reprisal from Hezbollah, reported that he found Hezbollah fighters setting up a launcher on his rooftop. Hezbollah fighters ignored his pleas to stop and fired the missiles. He immediately gathered his family and fled his home, which was bombed 15 minutes later by an Israeli air strike.

Hezbollah has also attempted to stop Christians from fleeing their villages. According to Christian Solidarity International, on July 28, Hezbollah fighters fired upon several Christians fleeing Rmeish with their families, wounding two.

Sami El-Khoury, president of the World Maronite Union, adds that media reports about Christian support for Hezbollah are inaccurate.

"Contrary to Western press reports, indicating high percentages of Christian support for Hezbollah, 90 percent of Christians, 80 percent of Sunni and 40 percent of Shiites in Lebanon oppose Hezbollah," El-Khoury told Christian Solidarity International.

Christian Solidarity International has called for the United Nations to establish a politically independent commission to investigate Hezbollah's contravention of international law. The group has also urged the UN Security Council to deploy immediately an international force in Lebanon to facilitate a ceasefire, to stop the flow of arms from Syria to Hezbollah, and to assist the Lebanese government in fulfilling its obligation to disarm Hezbollah.

Hezbollah has been the ruling power in the south since Israel withdrew from Lebanon six years ago. Christian villages suffer from extensive neglect of infrastructure under Hezbollah rule. Once the majority, the Christian population in Lebanon has declined to under 40 percent due to pressures by Islamic militias supported by Iran and Syria.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 06:26 AM
Any Lebanese to say about it...?

Actually I was quite angry to know that Christian towns like Jbeil, Jounie and Achrafiye attacked by Israelis.

Dahir
08-08-2006, 07:36 AM
Actually I was quite angry to know that Christian towns like Jbeil, Jounie and Achrafiye attacked by Israelis.
They let Hezbollah roost in their cabin! Bad mistake, should've at least let the Syrian army take care of them.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 08:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
They let Hezbollah roost in their cabin! Bad mistake, should've at least let the Syrian army take care of them.
Syrian army? That the last thing which the Christians, Sunnis and Druzes want.

MAy Allah bless Rafic Hariri ...Allah yarhamu!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
08-08-2006, 09:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Syrian army? That the last thing which the Christians, Sunnis and Druzes want.

MAy Allah bless Rafic Hariri ...Allah yarhamu!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:
The Syrian army was a blessing to Lebanon - look at them now.

north_malaysian
08-08-2006, 10:00 AM
Dont know.......

Dahir
08-08-2006, 10:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Dont know.......
Turn on the news; look at post-Syria Lebanon. Now you see.

Silver
08-08-2006, 10:30 AM

Excuse me?I'd rather die than see a syrian soldier in Lebanon.We can't stand them here after all they've done to us.We were living a nightmare when they were here.We had to follow their orders in everything,they treated us like slaves.It was awful.It's a blessing that they're gone...!!!!!!!

And by the way,yes it is true that Hezbollah are hiding in christian villages.A lot of villagers have begged them on local TV stations not to do it,but it's unfortunately happening.

guyabano
08-08-2006, 10:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Excuse me?I'd rather die than see a syrian soldier in Lebanon.We can't stand them here after all they've done to us.We were living a nightmare when they were here.We had to follow their orders in everything,they treated us like slaves.It was awful.It's a blessing that they're gone...!!!!!!!

And by the way,yes it is true that Hezbollah are hiding in christian villages.A lot of villagers have begged them on local TV stations not to do it,but it's unfortunately happening.
Oh, please, make sentofjannah see this post !

Silver
08-08-2006, 10:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
Oh, please, make sentofjannah see this post !
Why's that?

guyabano
08-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Because she will post us loooong copy/paste texts which will proove that all this is a conspiracy and nothing is true about this and we just got again brainwashed ! hmmm, curious, seems to be the top word in this Forum ! ;D

S_87
08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
oh so big wow

so what if they are in non muslim villages. wait a minute.. is israel only targetting MUSLIM places?

scentsofjannah
08-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Because she will post us loooong copy/paste texts which will proove that all this is a conspiracy and nothing is true about this and we just got again brainwashed ! hmmm, curious, seems to be the top word in this Forum ! ;D
look 'catholic' guyabano..YOU were the one JUSTIFING what happened in Qana by posting videos of ' hezbollah firing from there'

then i posted this article from Haaretz to you and you dismissed it more than 4 times as a 'ridiculous link' http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/745185.html

It now appears that the military had no information on rockets launched from the site of the building, or the presence of Hezbollah men at the time.

The Israel Defense Forces had said after the deadly air-strike that many rockets had been launched from Qana. However, it changed its version on Monday.

The site was included in an IAF plan to strike at several buildings in proximity to a previous launching site. Similar strikes were carried out in the past. However, there were no rocket launches from Qana on the day of the strike.

you SHOULD admit you're wrong regarding Qana...and i dont see that happening any time soon...till then munch on your nachos.

Apparently Israel doesnt care about Hezbollah launchers..if it did it would destroy them check this link from CNN

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../06/rs.01.html

THOMAS RICKS, REPORTER, "THE WASHINGTON POST": I think it will be. But I think civilian casualties are also part of the battlefield play for both sides here. One of the things that is going on, according to some U.S. military analysts, is that Israel purposely has left pockets of Hezbollah rockets in Lebanon, because as long as they're being rocketed, they can continue to have a sort of moral equivalency in their operations in Lebanon.

north_malaysian
08-09-2006, 02:30 AM
Is it true?.... that's wicked!!!! Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera?

For innocent civilians of Lebanon - Allah Ma3akon!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

nimrod
08-09-2006, 03:29 AM
North Malaysian “Is it true? (I don’t see any reason to doubt what Lara said, do you?) that's wicked!!!!
Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera? (A very good question, perhaps Scents of Jannah will provide the answer)

Thanks
Nimrod

Looking4Peace
08-09-2006, 03:37 AM
Lara please stay safe thats all I will say to you instead of engaging in useless arguement on such a serious issue.

north_malaysian
08-09-2006, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
North Malaysian “Is it true? (I don’t see any reason to doubt what Lara said, do you?) that's wicked!!!!
Why it's not reported in Al Jazeera? (A very good question, perhaps Scents of Jannah will provide the answer)

Thanks
Nimrod
I cant watch local lebanese tv stations in Malaysia....only Al Jazeera and ART available.....:'(

Silver
08-09-2006, 08:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
Lara please stay safe thats all I will say to you instead of engaging in useless arguement on such a serious issue.
It is a serious issue but I'm only saying what i know,I am not lying...christians form southern Lebanon really are starting to complain...I don't wanna argue about who's right or who's wrong.I'm just saying that according to those christians who live in the south that's what's happening.Where did I go wrong?

snakelegs
08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Crystal4Peace
thank you for some sanity.

north_malaysian
08-09-2006, 08:40 AM
It is a serious issue but I'm only saying what i know,I am not lying...christians form southern Lebanon really are starting to complain...I don't wanna argue about who's right or who's wrong.I'm just saying that according to those christians who live in the south that's what's happening.Where did I go wrong?
Ok...that's about Christians in South Lebanon...

How about Christians in Achrafiye, Jubayl, Jounie? Hezballah hiding there too?

Silver
08-09-2006, 08:46 AM
[How about Christians in Achrafiye, Jubayl, Jounie? Hezballah hiding there too?
No,they're just targetting these areas to destroy our economy and make the inhabitants of the areas more angry towards Hezbollah and maybe start a civil war!But that's not happening...it'll only happen in their dreams.
They also targetted the port near my house in Tripoli in the north and some buildings belonging to TV and radio stations...are Hezbollah fighters firing rockets at Israel from northern Lebanon?Anf from Tv stations?That's ridiculous.

north_malaysian
08-09-2006, 08:54 AM
No,they're just targetting these areas to destroy our economy and make the inhabitants of the areas more angry towards Hezbollah and maybe start a civil war!But that's not happening...it'll only happen in their dreams.
They also targetted the port near my house in Tripoli in the north and some buildings belonging to TV and radio stations...are Hezbollah fighters firing rockets at Israel from northern Lebanon?Anf from Tv stations?That's ridiculous.
Thanks for clarifying this, I thought Hezballah are all over Lebanon. Choukrane!!!

r0ma
08-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Stay safe sister.

we will be praying.

:sl:

north_malaysian
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
On July 18,2006 a church was bombed by Israeli warplane....

St Gregorius Church in Rachaya Al Fokhar (Bekaa District) which wounded 10 people finding refuged inside it...

http://www.juancole.com/2006/07/isra...factories.html

Looking4Peace
08-09-2006, 11:56 PM
Lara i wasnt implying that you said anything wrong, actually i was just telling you stay safe, I am in no place to say whats really going on there just like others are in no place to argue when they arent there to see for themselves but instead rather just argue what they "think is happening" and choose sides like a bunch of children.

Silver
08-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Lara i wasnt implying that you said anything wrong, actually i was just telling you stay safe, I am in no place to say whats really going on there just like others are in no place to argue when they arent there to see for themselves but instead rather just argue what they "think is happening" and choose sides like a bunch of children
Thanks for clarifying.

Nablus
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Hezbollah uses Christian villages as shields in missile attacks

Israel uses Arab villages as shields in missile attacks

Silver
08-10-2006, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
That's also true...

guyabano
08-10-2006, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nablus
source please ?

Silver
08-10-2006, 06:27 PM
source please ?
I don't have any online sources but I have read interviews with palestinian civilians and they said that they or people they know were used as human shields to protect themselves against Hamas militants.It actually happened here in Lebanon during the occupation of the south...

guyabano
08-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I don't have any online sources but I have read interviews with palestinian civilians and they said that they or people they know were used as human shields to protect themselves against Hamas militants.It actually happened here in Lebanon during the occupation of the south...
ahem, not you, I meant "Nablus"

Silver
08-10-2006, 06:56 PM
ahem, not you, I meant "Nablus"
I knew that but I agree with Nablus...

Kidman
08-10-2006, 07:47 PM
I had friends in Lebanon when the war started, thank God they are safe now. But they said that they fled to the Christian area's, and hezbollah were there, but the Hezbollah that were there were not in arms, and not there to hide out. They actually were organizing everything, from where people go, to the donations coming in, they had everyones name down and if they needed any type of medicane and which types were needed.

If anything, the Hezbollah in that area are keeping the people as safe as possible and keeping them alive by providing the food and medicane to them. Also, I have heard that there are Hezbollah in the areas where people fled, to protect the houses from theives.. but most area's are not worried about theives.

So stop trying to misrepresent Hezbollah, Lebanon is gracious for them.. Lebanon would've been taken over a long time ago if it weren't for Hezbollah's resistance to stop the Israeli Invasion.

Kidman

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.