/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Adam(AS) and Musa(AS)

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
:sl:

Just need to clarify something. Its regarding this hadith:

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abu'z-Zinad from al-Araj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Adam and Musa argued and Adam got the better of Musa. Musa rebuked Adam, 'You are Adam who led people astray and brought them out of the Garden.' Adam said to him, 'You are Musa to whom Allah gave knowledge of everything and whom he chose above people with His message.' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Do you then censure me for a matter which was decreed for me before I was created?' "

Does this mean Adam(AS) did not have a freedom of choice when taking the apple, or that Allah(SWT) knew that Adam(AS) was gonna do this? or is Adam(AS) referring to the fact that allah(SWT) preserves all things therefore allowing Adam(AS) to make the wrong choice? Or am I wrong altogether.

Jazak-Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
08-08-2006, 01:52 PM
:wasalamex

Brother, do you have a source for it? Like which book it was mentioned in, and whether its authentic or not? :)

It might make it easier to look for it's meaning or authenticity that way insha'Allaah.

:salamext:

Mohsin
08-08-2006, 01:58 PM
I think i've read something similar in Stories of the prophets By Ibn Kathir

InToTheRain
08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

Brother, do you have a source for it? Like which book it was mentioned in, and whether its authentic or not? :)

It might make it easier to look for it's meaning or authenticity that way insha'Allaah.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 4:621, Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam, 'You are Adam whose mistake expelled you from Paradise.' Adam said to him, 'You are Moses whom Allah selected as His Messenger and as the one to whom He spoke directly; yet you blame me for a thing which had already been written in my fate before my creation?' " Allah's Apostle said twice, "So, Adam overpowered Moses."

http://muttaqun.com/qadar.html

Jazak Allah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 03:32 PM

yeah i've herd this and i was thinking i wonder when this happened and i was told it was when Prophet [saw] went to Miraj

ma'salamah

- Qatada -
08-08-2006, 03:35 PM

Question:
how does islam view destiny and fate ?

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Belief in destiny and fate is one of the basic beliefs of Islam. It means that Allaah is the Knower of all things and the Creator of all things; nothing exists outside of His will and decree. He wrote down all things with Him in al-Lawh al-Mahfooz (the Preserved Tablet), and this was fifty thousand years before He created the universe. Everything in the universe, every creature and the things it does, is the creation of Allaah. Whatever He wills happens, and whatever He does not will does not happen. If something happens to a person, it could not have missed him, and if something does not happen to him, it could not have happened to him. A person is not forced to obey or disobey Allaah – he has free will as befits his state, but it is subject to the will of the Creator. And Allaah knows best..

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

source: http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?re...ng&txt=destiny

InToTheRain
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
:w:

Jazak-Allah for your efforts.

I just needed opinions/clarification of weather the action of Adam(AS) by eating the apple was his choice or destined by Allah(SWT). I am now firm in the belief that it was his choice to eat the apple, but Allah(SWT) knew he would make this choice due to his knowledge of the unseen.

Because His Knowledge, Will, and Power are absolute and unbounded, Allah knows the results of all events and choices before their occurrence. A human being, however, does not have access to this knowledge, and thus he acts in accordance with a desire from within him. Even though his ultimate choice corresponds with Allah's eternal knowledge, he is still accountable for it.

We are held responsible for choosing an act but not for creating the act itself. In other words, Allah creates the act and by our choosing it, we “acquire” it and are thereby held responsible for it. Thus, human actions are created by Allah but performed by us.

The only real currency we have to work with is “now.” For this reason, one of Satan’s most effective traps is procrastination. Many people have vowed to return to Allah and reform their ways at some future juncture, but they left this world before they were given the opportunity.

But this doesn’t mean we can blame Adam(AS), just because we say we are believers it doesn’t mean we will not be tested, and just as every individual has unique faces, fingerprints etc, so are there tests in life. Allah(SWT) has given us free choice, but the situation that occurs in which you have to make that choice is the Qadar of Allah(SWT) Insha-Allah.

Hadith - Tirmidhi and Ahmad, Narrated Matar ibn Ukamis
Allah's Messenger said: When Allah decrees that a person is to die in a certain land, He creates a need for him to go there.

Hadith - Tirmidhi and Ahmad, Narrated AbudDarda'
Allah's Messenger said: Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, has ordained for every servant amongst His creation five things: his death, his action, his abode, the places of his moving about and his means of sustenance.

Allah knows best, any mistakes I make are due to my own ignorance and inability. Any good which comes from what I say is from Allah(SWT), The most wise and merciful. Allah knows best…

ASeeker
10-10-2008, 10:08 PM
It is news to me that Adam ever had a conversation with Moses!

Hamayun
10-10-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ASeeker
It is news to me that Adam ever had a conversation with Moses!
Did you bother reading the context? After reading your posts I wonder if you can actually read? Have you got a medical condition that prevents you from reading complete sentences?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.