/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Bible translations

evangel
08-08-2006, 01:22 PM
At times I have spoken with people and English isn’t their primary language. To get the point across of what I am saying I may have to say it a couple of different ways. There is nothing wrong with these different translations it is just that with all of them together the meaning becomes apparent. Many times when I study scripture I use a couple of translations and His word is revealed to me. Scripture was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek. English can have a difficult time exactly translating a word here or there. In the English translations the word love is used many times but in the Greek alone there are four or five different words for love pertaining to the situation. The context then has to be seen to understand what type of love is being spoken of. The exact words may change from one translation to another but if you read them side by side (there are Bibles printed this way, parallel Bibles) the meaning is the same.

2 Timothy 3:16-17
All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Salaam,

as the Prophect said,all holy book were recorded in the language of that prophet.
that is why the Quran remains in arabic.

When i speak to otehr muslim about the Quran i refer to english and malay but in the end we will alwawys use the Arabic to conclude our discussion.

So may i ask,Supposedly Jesus as spoke in Aramaic and Hebrew,do you have the gospel in hebrew or aramaic?

Also ech bible are not only different in trasnslation but also content in chapters and verses.

So muslim have no problem with trasnlation but with changing ideology and chaging the content of a holy book,,yours namely.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.