/* */

PDA

View Full Version : To be - A2 College Students

Ameeratul Layl
08-08-2006, 02:42 PM
:sl:

Currently, it is the Summer holidays. After the holidays, some of us will return to college and others may return to school or University.

If you are to return to college, (A2 Student), which subjects do you wish to carry on with and which to you wish to 'drop?'

I began with:

Biology
Chemistry
Physics
Mathematics

And I wish to carry on with the same. InshAllah ta3alah.

Note: This thread is for A2 College students only. If you are not to be a college student once returning to colllege, then please do not reply to this thread. Otherwise, you are free to view this thread.

:w:
P.s: Kindly refrain from off topic and free posting.inshAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2006, 02:45 PM

I am also going to go into A2. Started AS with Maths, Physics, Electronics, Computing. I will be dropping Computing, so for A2 I will be doing:

A2 Maths
A2 Physics
A2 Electronics
AS ??????

Don't know which AS I will pick up yet

Ameeratul Layl
08-08-2006, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm

I am also going to go into A2. Started AS with Maths, Physics, Electronics, Computing. I will be dropping Computing, so for A2 I will be doing:

A2 Maths
A2 Physics
A2 Electronics
AS ??????

Don't know which AS I will pick up yet

Would you recommend taking AS and A2 Mathematics together?

seeker_of_ilm
08-08-2006, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

I guess it would depend on a persons mathematical ability. AS and A2 in one year would be a LOT to take in, so I wouldn't really recommend it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
*Ladan*
08-09-2006, 04:27 PM
:sl: Cant wait to go back and get it over and done with Isha Allah.:)
German A2
Italien A2
Sociology A2
Maths RETAKE :cry: HATE MATHS!:raging:

Mohsin
08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl

Having done A2 mathematics already, i would advise against it. Thats as work covered in A2 modules is more advanced than as level work, and uses work you did there for new proofs etc and it would be harder. Of course if you are clever enough it shouldn't be a problem, with help from teachers

muslimgurl88
08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
Having done A2 mathematics already, i would advise against it. Thats as work covered in A2 modules is more advanced than as level work, and uses work you did there for new proofs etc and it would be harder. Of course if you are clever enough it shouldn't be a problem, with help from teachers

salamz everyone... I hope this is not something out of topic but I was just wondering A2 does that mean its second year of the subject takin? we dont really have that kind of system in the US, we just go by levels and quarters... anyways this next quarter i will be taking organic chemistry, biology, and speech.... lol alhamdulilla im all done with the ugly math classes I had to take

Md Mashud
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
I do not wish to put you down or put you off anything - Just in my opinion it is best to continue with 3 of the 4 you did in AS, like myself and the majority.

I dod Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry at AS level, and did Maths/Chem/Phys A2, leaving Biology at AS.

I am just advicing to continue all 4 at 2nd year, is a LOT OF work.

I do not want to seem negative, just trying to give advice :). If you really feel you can do it, and are willing to double your workload (believe me, you are doubling, by adding this 1 subject) go for it :) and wish you best.

Currently Im studying mathematics @ Kings, so you shouldnt feel that dropping one will decrease chances of getting intop top universities.

Peace.

MH-UK
08-10-2006, 04:48 AM
Also getting ABB is better than BBBC I would think.

Ameeratul Layl
08-10-2006, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
I do not wish to put you down or put you off anything - Just in my opinion it is best to continue with 3 of the 4 you did in AS, like myself and the majority.

I dod Biology, Physics, Maths, Chemistry at AS level, and did Maths/Chem/Phys A2, leaving Biology at AS.

I am just advicing to continue all 4 at 2nd year, is a LOT OF work.

I do not want to seem negative, just trying to give advice :). If you really feel you can do it, and are willing to double your workload (believe me, you are doubling, by adding this 1 subject) go for it :) and wish you best.

Currently Im studying mathematics @ Kings, so you shouldnt feel that dropping one will decrease chances of getting intop top universities.

Peace.
SubhanAllah, some good advise.
I wish to do: Biology,Chemistry,Physics A2 and AS + A2 Mathematics. I wish to InshAllah InshAllah study Physics at University. So, Maths is a must.

Protected_Diamond
08-11-2006, 01:48 AM

Dreading 17th of August, thats when the results are out init, insha Allah will carry on with law, psychology and sociology.

Might pick up I.T insha Allah, see what happens.

Hope you all get outstanding results insha Allah & Ameen.

Your sister in Islam - :peace:

gRaViEr
08-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Salaam..
I've just finished my a level program this year. I took Biology, Math, Physics, and Chemistry for AS and i didnt drop any subject for A2. Unfortunately, i think it's not a very wise move. I got A for Math, Chemistry and Physics and a B in Biology but then when my a level results came out, the only A that i got is Physics only. The rest, it remained as a B or it dropped to B. So, i strongly reccommend u dropping a subject if u're not too sure. But if u're quite confident, go for it, Insya-Allah.

Ameeratul Layl
08-14-2006, 12:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gRaViEr
Salaam..
I've just finished my a level program this year. I took Biology, Math, Physics, and Chemistry for AS and i didnt drop any subject for A2. Unfortunately, i think it's not a very wise move. I got A for Math, Chemistry and Physics and a B in Biology but then when my a level results came out, the only A that i got is Physics only. The rest, it remained as a B or it dropped to B. So, i strongly reccommend u dropping a subject if u're not too sure. But if u're quite confident, go for it, Insya-Allah.

A in Physics? Which exam board were you? SubhanAllah, that is amazing. In which case, maybe you could answer my questions in the 'physics corner.'inshAllah.

http://www.islamicboard.com/educatio...Physics+corner

I doubt very much I will drop any of my subjects.inshAllah.

gRaViEr
08-15-2006, 04:56 PM
My exam board was cambridge. Im sorry, i dont think i can still remember everything i studied but i'll try to help u if i can, insya-Allah. I couldnt get an A if i totally rely on my knowledge in physics, so it must be a gift from Allah to me.

Ameeratul Layl
08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by gRaViEr
My exam board was cambridge. Im sorry, i dont think i can still remember everything i studied but i'll try to help u if i can, insya-Allah. I couldnt get an A if i totally rely on my knowledge in physics, so it must be a gift from Allah to me.
OCR? I am doing EDEXCEL.
I am sure you can remember some things.
Like I said, dont forget to visist the 'Physics corner.'

Wasalam

Re.TiReD
08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
:sl: anybody got their results today???? i did...:heated: not too happy but.... :sister: :w:

gRaViEr
08-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Nope. Mine is CIE if im not mistaken. My teacher and friends usually refer to it as cambridge only, so im not that sure. Actually, i've visited that thread already.. :) I'll write something if im able to help.

Danish
08-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Well done my Exams alhamdulillah, got my result yesterday :d

Got 2A and 3B alhamdulillah

Hijaabi22
08-20-2006, 04:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Danish
Well done my Exams alhamdulillah, got my result yesterday :d

Got 2A and 3B alhamdulillah

:eek: We gotta Einstein here!! Maaaaashaallah!! Dat is WICKED! :clever:

gRaViEr
08-21-2006, 02:04 PM
MashaAllah.. Brother Danish, you're one smart guy.. congratulations and may Allah keep giving u success in this world and in the hereafter. :)

Danish
08-26-2006, 01:28 PM
jazakallah khair, and May Allah grant u the results u all want

allahumma aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.