PDA

View Full Version : Bollywood

muslimah4life
08-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Is it Haraam?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 03:38 PM
ok ermm ur signiture isnt a nice site lol, i think yeh it is concidered as haram :rolleyes: not sure, dnt like them films...

ma'salamah

Fishman
08-08-2006, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
Is it Haraam?
:sl:
What is Bollywood like? I heard it's full of haraam things like singing and dancing.
:w:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 03:39 PM

yeah it has the lot, same luvvy duvvy story lines <_<

ma'salamah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
08-08-2006, 03:40 PM
its like a drama serial tin innit, like watchin a movie but a asian one, dunno if its haraam or not :D:D:D

but i think the dancin round trees & new clothes every 2 seconds :p should be classifed as haraam :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
08-08-2006, 03:41 PM

It is filth. They use "subhanallah" and others like that in songs. And what happens? Everyone becomes happy that they are recognizing muslims! Very Sad.

muslimah4life
08-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Okay I understand that it is haram guess i will have to throw out my bollywood dvds and films

Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
ok sis inshAllah allah [swyt] gives you the courage to stop :)

ma'salamah

muslimah4life
08-08-2006, 03:45 PM
ok sis inshAllah allah [swyt] gives you the courage to stop

Jazakhaalh sis inshallah I will stop

Abdul-Raouf
08-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Its haraam

Najiullah
08-08-2006, 03:54 PM
its haram no question about it

plz remove these pics :)

Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 03:55 PM
yeh sis please :D

ma'salamah

Mawaddah
08-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Whoa sis!

First of all get that pic off from your siggy and avatar please...

Secondly , Yes , Bollywood films are just a bunch of twisted up rubbish....

Very rightly classified as haram :)

Hijaabi22
08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah4life
Is it Haraam?
dont think ya avater and siggy appropriate 4 dis site :rollseyes

Muezzin
08-08-2006, 05:14 PM
All the Bollywood I've been exposed to is utter crap or, alternatively, laughably crap.

I'm just telling it like I see it.

Notice: I've deleted a couple of posts as they were sort of admitting sins in public, which is a no-no as it's un-Islamic and also embarassing.

limitless
08-09-2006, 04:23 PM

I find this industry very low, pathetic, and very stupid. First of all, they copy every story plot from Hollywood, nothing original, they're all pathetically "love", involving girls which is in EVERY FILM THEY CREATED (copied from Hollywood). Plus, they add songs in middle of a movie, which makes no sense at all. Then they add muslim songs and such etc, very pathetic. It is all about guy loving girl, or opposite and marriage and fight and dance and end.

I have sounded angry, but I don't feel gulity for it because it is haraam, mostly fitnah that is being shown, and attempting to provoke youth's developing emotions and resulting in more fitnah and zina in certain cases.

Overall, it is considered haraam. And I recommand youths to read a novel, read Qur'an and learn more about Islam rather to waste their valuable time and money on movies by bollywood.

Ps: sorry if I have offended anyone, very sorry.

asiya45
08-10-2006, 05:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

I find this industry very low, pathetic, and very stupid. First of all, they copy every story plot from Hollywood, nothing original, they're all pathetically "love", involving girls which is in EVERY FILM THEY CREATED (copied from Hollywood). Plus, they add songs in middle of a movie, which makes no sense at all. Then they add muslim songs and such etc, very pathetic. It is all about guy loving girl, or opposite and marriage and fight and dance and end.

I have sounded angry, but I don't feel gulity for it because it is haraam, mostly fitnah that is being shown, and attempting to provoke youth's developing emotions and resulting in more fitnah and zina in certain cases.

Overall, it is considered haraam. And I recommand youths to read a novel, read Qur'an and learn more about Islam rather to waste their valuable time and money on movies by bollywood.

Ps: sorry if I have offended anyone, very sorry.

:sl: brother
I think that was very nicely said:thumbs_up ...no arguements at all :peace:

Tania
08-10-2006, 05:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~pInK cHiCk~
dont think ya avater and siggy appropriate 4 dis site :rollseyes
Why the tiger should be inappropriate for the site :(?

SirZubair
08-10-2006, 05:57 AM
Anyone seen that movie :

ramji londonwaley :?

It is a Hoot. :Evil:

Vaseline
08-10-2006, 06:04 AM
I think it depends on which bollywood movie you are watching. Sure, each one of them is going to have singing and dancing but you can always skip those stuff. Movies like Aankhen, K3g, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and the oldies like Karan Arjun and Andaaz Apna Apna [hilarious!] don't have a bad storyline, sure the bottom line is about love but they've managed to film it without the minimum clothing required :rolleyes:. Arjun Pandit, Paheli etc. are not bad either.

But you know many films who will have the new actors [such as Shahid Kapoor, and especially, Fardeen Khan +o(] are not worth watching.

Tania
08-10-2006, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
It was something else before.. but was removed by a mod :D
thank you...i thought Pink doesn't like the tigers :-[

I watch only movies with Salman Khan because i like them. :)

Daffodil
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Firstly time wasting isnt permissible, n if i remember correctly arnt bollywood films about 6 hours long? surely u can do so much more worthwhile things during that time.

Also, bollywood is all about watching ppl commit zinnah, women walking around in next to nothing (but because its brownies doing it ppl seem to think its ok) dancing, singing, music, all sorts of haram going off. its even worser when its so called muslim actors that are doing things. no doubt its haram.

Mawaddah
08-10-2006, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
Firstly time wasting isnt permissible, n if i remember correctly arnt bollywood films about 6 hours long? surely u can do so much more worthwhile things during that time.

Also, bollywood is all about watching ppl commit zinnah, women walking around in next to nothing (but because its brownies doing it ppl seem to think its ok) dancing, singing, music, all sorts of haram going off. its even worser when its so called muslim actors that are doing things. no doubt its haram.
Lol At the 6 hours long ;D No it's more like 4 hours :p

Bollywood is foolishness!! and the movies these days are like sooooooo provocative, and the dressing is ridiculous and sooo terrible.

And its always about love love and love :exhausted

Just a waste of time .

Mohsin
08-10-2006, 05:14 PM
As a pakistani kid, when i was really young like before 10, i sued to watch it, but then for non-religious reasons i stopped, as it was utter rubbish. It was so unrealistic. A guy would take on 50 people at once and beat them all up, he'd get shot chucked off a buolding put through some glass yet still get up and save the "heroine" of the film. And its so sad, the main actors in the film are called heoes and heroines, never main actors. And there would be so many songs just out of nowhere, and also a lot of films were the same with same old stories about 2 guys going for one girl etc.

Islamically, although I am by no means in a position to call something haraam, it should be noted in bollywood films often beautiful actresses are used, and are usually half naked, and end up dancing etc with fully blown music talking about love.

I feel as sister Daffodil said we should make better use of our time. Read about Imam Nawawi's and life how he died, and insha'allah it will motivate us all to value our time better

asiya45
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
I jus think it is waste of time...some people even forget to pray while watching the movie...and almost all the movies put down muslims...sometimes as a thug or a terrorist or as a killer and even show Arabs are this evil people doing drugs.
May Allah forgive us and guide them.
Ameen.
its funny how muslims like watchin muslims gettin blamed for thing they didnt do. They make movies on us doesnt mean they like us.

IB-Staff
08-10-2006, 07:31 PM

The question has been answered. I'd appreciate members not posting useless comments, noone wants to know which movies you've seen or what you think. It is what Islam says about the issue that matters.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.