/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Showing and hiding

afriend
08-08-2006, 08:49 PM
:sl:

I'm planning on writing this to a few family members, I feel as if I say it verbally I will be attacked viciously, it's really short, but let me know what you think....

I want to raise this issue to you, but I find that this is the only way that I can get my point accross.

Alhamdulillah, you are among those who pray regularly, you do righteous deeds, visit the mosque 5 times a day, fast during ramadhaan, and stand full 20 rakaats during tarweeh. May Allah bless and reward your efforts.

This has been troubling me for quite some time now, I could not go any longer watching you like this.

We are rewarded in levels of our acts, some get more or less rewards for doing the same deed, the reason for this is the quality of our deeds, many points can be taken into account into why rewards are decuted and added for the deeds we do.

One of reasons for the deduction or the addition of rewards for a certain deed is because of how we do the deed. As in do we disclose our deed in public or conceal it, which better for us to do so, as it will cancel out the chances of us showing off or being proud in front of others. It also cleanses our intention of why we have done that deed, and having a clear intention is vital as we will be judged and rewarded according to our intention.

The point that I am trying to raise here is that it's best to conceal our good deeds, so that we do not endanger ourselves of having wrong intentions, and so that others will not take our actions wrongly, as at times I feel that you do things to show that you are doing it in front of others, even if it may not be that way, people do take things the wrong way.

There are many family members and friends who do twice as much good deeds than us, although they do not publicise it.

I do not wish to offend you, that is why I write to you instead of resorting to speech.

:w:

Is this a good idea? Some of my family members think I have no authority to tell them this. So i'm not going to put a name on the letter either.

Anything I've missed out, or should consider editing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey come on I've got to print and then mail it out to 4 family members :heated:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 09:12 PM

that was good bro, so many people neglect intention and thats one think i really like to stress about :D

ma'salamah

afriend
08-08-2006, 09:14 PM
So it's reasonable enough?

PS.

Yathaabaki Allah :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 09:17 PM
yupz i think so unless theres any other alive people out there who think it may need more :D btw my arabic aint so good yet so wanna translate what you said :)

ma'salamah

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2006, 09:19 PM
bhai i see nothing wrong wiv it :) mashAllah

afriend
08-08-2006, 09:20 PM
yathaabaki Allah-May Allah Reward you.

the 'ki' signalises you, singular feminine.

Any more comments?

IbnAbdulHakim
08-08-2006, 09:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
yathaabaki Allah-May Allah Reward you.

the 'ki' signalises you, singular feminine.

Any more comments?
what the :uuh:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-08-2006, 09:34 PM
ok bro i understand i didnt understand cuz of the 'th' and i understand the 'ki' :uhwhat

sorry for going off topic

ma'salamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.