/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If Israel opened its land so that any displaced Palestinians could return, would ?

nimrod
08-09-2006, 02:35 AM
Would things be better for Israel?

If they also paid say $100,000 to each returning family, would things be better for Israel?

If Israel opened the doors and gave freedom to every Muslim in its jails and prisons, would things be better for Israel?

I have seen it posted here a number of times that if Israel would return all lands, then the fighting against Israel would stop.

I find that very hard to believe. This is what I believe would be a more likely outcome:

If Israel would return all lands, and release all prisoners, and pay restitution and just accept all Palestine people as welcome Israeli citizens and allowed them to move about freely through out Israel and Israel allowed unfettered travel to any neighboring country by any person…………There would be wide spread bombings and killings of Israeli citizens and almost certain invasions by the surrounding countries.

The bombings and killings of Israeli citizens would be seen by a large segment of the Muslim world, as well as not a small percentage of Muslim posters on this board, as revenge. Pay-Back for past wrongs committed by Israel.

So what’s in it for Israel?
How would things be better for Israel? If nothing would be better for Israel, why on earth would they do ANY of it?

One day it will have to be seen, by all sides, there HAS to be a better workable solution found.

Hezbollah’s actions will not bring peace. Hezbollah’s actions will not better the Palestine situation. Hezbollah’s actions will not better the country of Lebanon.

Hamas’ actions will not better things in Palestine.

1. If you truly want to force Israel into the position of acting differently towards Palestine, adopt what Gandhi did.

2. On a grander scale, if you truly want to change the Western world’s opinion into one that commonly sees Islam as the religion of peace, then only support the actions of peaceful Muslims and be pro-active in seeing that non-peaceful Muslims are stopped.

If those last to things were done for a 5 year period, it would change the world. Those that would benefit the most are the MUSLIMS!!!!

Thanks
Nimrod

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 02:37 AM
No. But if Israel detonated a Nuclear Bomb in its territory with no Muslims there at the time of the blast, many people here would then, and only then be satisfied.

afriend
08-09-2006, 02:39 AM
Hezbollah’s actions will not bring peace. Hezbollah’s actions will not better the Palestine situation. Hezbollah’s actions will not better the country of Lebanon.
Agree with you 100% here :)

1. If you truly want to force Israel into the position of acting differently towards Palestine, adopt what Gandhi did.

2. On a grander scale, if you truly want to change the Western world’s opinion into one that commonly sees Islam as the religion of peace, then only support the actions of peaceful Muslims and be pro-active in seeing that non-peaceful Muslims are stopped.
2 very reasonable ideas....

But I don't think that it will result in any bombing if Israel were less restrictive of Palestinians :)

nimrod
08-09-2006, 03:06 AM
Iqram, you may be right, I guess it would depend on the differing actions that Israel took. (I can easily see how loosening the restrictions in the wrong fashion would be disastrous for Israel)

It is plainly clear that what Israel has been doing hasn’t lessened the amount of violence directed towards it, just look at what has been happening over the last 20 or 35 days.

I know Israel feels that if it successfully deals with Hezbollah, things will be more secure.

The fact remains though that short of wiping out every surrounding Muslim country, (That would be a disaster for the whole world) then it is just a matter of time till the next major attack on Israel.

Israel doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.
Hamas doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.
Hezbollah, and those like them, doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.

There has to found a better workable solution.

Thanks
Nimrod

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend
08-09-2006, 03:11 AM
Yes for sure....I couldn't agree with you any more than that.....

I believe that Integration and Tollerance as well as Understanding between the 3 groups is a very important, but difficult task.

As you probably know, these 3 groups are completely different, each different to the other 2 groups completely.

nimrod
08-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Iqram, I have found your replies very refreshing.

And yes I agree each group has its own agenda. In all honesty, I have yet to see any of the 3 groups, truly work towards honest-to-goodness long term respect and peace.
(By the three groups, I mean Israel, Hamas, and Hezbollah)

Thanks
Nimrod

snakelegs
08-09-2006, 06:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by nimrod
Israel doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.
Hamas doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.
Hezbollah, and those like them, doesn’t benefit, in the long term, by continuing to do things as they have.

There has to found a better workable solution.

Thanks
Nimrod
so true. the old thinking - fight violence with violence - has got to go in the rubbish heap before anything will ever change.

Al-Zaara
08-09-2006, 06:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
so true. the old thinking - fight violence with violence - has got to go in the rubbish heap before anything will ever change.
True. The one who fights fire with fire ends up with ashes.

:sl:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.