/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hezbollah aims mortars at Northern Israeli civilians now to.

מדינת ישׂראל
08-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Two houses in Kiryat Shmona sustained direct hits from mortar shells launched out of Lebanon early Tuesday night. The homes were damaged, but there were no immediate reports of anyone wounded.

Some twelve shells were launched in the latest barrage on the city.

Barrages of some 160 rockets hit the North on Tuesday, Israel Radio reported. A total of four people were wounded in the attacks.

Medical teams treated one person for moderate wounds, and another who was wounded lightly by shrapnel when a Katyusha rocket struck Ma'alot.

A rocket scored a direct hit on a house in Safed, sending several people into shock. The MDA treated another 14 for shock, following a second barrage on Safed. A house was severely damaged in Metulla.

Several rockets struck Acre as well, causing damage to property.

A few hours earlier, a number of buildings in the Kiryat Shmona area were also struck.

Fires broke out in a number of locations.

Seven rockets landed in open areas near Nahariya. One hit a chicken coop, and another landed in a field and killed two cows.

Warning sirens continued to sound all across the North.

On Monday, over 160 rockets were fired at northern Israel.

Since the fighting in the North began 28 days ago, 3,200 rockets have landed on Israeli soil, police summarized on Tuesday.

In total, 750 of the rockets landed within city boundaries, while the rest hit open areas.

In all, rockets have killed 49 people, and 75 of the wounded are still being hospitalized.

jpost.com

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
08-09-2006, 03:15 AM
I've heard from reports that the Hezbollah missile fire has changed somewhat the past few days, from a barrage of a hundred at a time to maybe ten or twenty at a time, that way the warning sirens are constantly sounding and the people become more shell-shocked. Must be stressful for the people there to wait for incoming rockets each morning.

Woodrow
08-09-2006, 03:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I've heard from reports that the Hezbollah missile fire has changed somewhat the past few days, from a barrage of a hundred at a time to maybe ten or twenty at a time, that way the warning sirens are constantly sounding and the people become more shell-shocked. Must be stressful for the people there to wait for incoming rockets each morning.
I wonder how many people remember the Blitz of London during WW2. The buzz bombs became such a common occurance that the people simply stopped noticing them and business returned to normal while under constant bombadment. I can not recall exactly how many bombs fell on London, but if I recall it was an average of several per minute 24 hours a day for a few months. Only made the Brits more determined.

This may actually benefit Israel more then it is helping Hezbollah forces.

afriend
08-09-2006, 03:36 AM
Yeah.....I agree....It's only wasting resources....the faster they run out the better....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ManchesterFolk
08-10-2006, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I agree. It must be very hard.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.